PDA

View Full Version : about famous fatal error

henrymkfin
07-10-04, 12:51
Ok. I managed my anger to the fatal error issue untill now.
Today i tried to play NC2 but had fatal error and game crashing like every 5 minutes or so. After last fatal error, game data on my computer seems to be corrupt. Also when i trid to uninstall NC2 i got error report "Drive C is corrupted".
And after long scandisk operation, lost of NC2 files was repaired and removed. Now there is broken install of NC2 on my hard drive that won't go away and i can't re-install is either.

Is this KK idea if having fun with computergame?! I'm not having any fun no more... :mad:

I don't think that I'm going to pay for this kinda pre-beta thing.

And this file corrupting is not about my computer. Only NC2 is doing these errors and data corruptions.
Other games and programs work fine.

Here is my system specs if it has any matter:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2.2Ghz
512 Mb DDR (Kingston HyperX)
Saphire Radeon 9800 pro atlantis
Epox 8KDA3J NF3 250Gb
Maxtor 160G Sata
Windows XP pro SP2

:eek:

J. Folsom
07-10-04, 12:53
I'd try a full delete of whatever remains of your Neocron 2 folder, then re-installing.

Might want to try defragmenting your computer as well before you re-install.

naimex
07-10-04, 12:57
afraid FREs are totally random..

some people get shitloads of them, others never see them..

and itīs no matter what kind of system specs people have, it went across it all..

was a survey on this quite some time ago..

Xeno LARD
07-10-04, 13:15
guys i can confirm that the higher spec your PC is the less errors you will get i used to play on a semi ok PC 1.7Ghz AMD Athelon process 256mb of RAM Geforce 2.

and now im running NC on a laptop .... getting a fuckload of errors .... i also know several mates who have upgraded their systems and get less fatal errors. While they are random and unfixable .... there are ways to minimise them.

henrymkfin
07-10-04, 13:18
yes. I don't mind about random fatal errors but now those are corrupting data on my comp. I don't know about other NC2 fans who have these errors but I do mind re-installing NC2 after coulpe of these fatal errors.

If this would still be open beta it would be ok but now I'm paying this.. Hello!!! I'm like paying monthly to get my harddrive corrupted.

Too bad KK and click2pay aren't in USA. would be nice to sue them!