PDA

View Full Version : Dreams

Glok
07-10-04, 12:36
Ok so I have vivid dreams. A lot of them are fighting dreams. Knife fights, gang fights, gun fights, kung fu fights bla bla. But now almost all my fighting dreams are Neocron style. With swirlies and shit too. That's cool and shit, but I want my old ones back. :(

BTW, does anyone else have soundtracks in their dreams? Sometimes the music gets so overpowering it fucking wakes me up, like just now. And no it's not something in my room, my room is silent except for fans.

naimex
07-10-04, 12:45
^^ nope.. dont have soundtracks in my dreams..

but I have so believing dreams that I get really confused when I wake up, cuz I was somewhere doing something, talking to someone.. and then suddenly Iīm in my bed...

The weirdest thing is.. I once had a nightmare i fell down the stairs with one of my speakers and it fell on my head, so i had broken my arm and my jaw..

When I woke up I couldnīt move my arm, or move my jaw..

Was really scary...

The nightmare was nothing.. but still having an illusion of the effect when you wake up... now THATS a nightmare.

sanityislost
07-10-04, 12:47
not really but once had a dream where i was a sniper shooting evil rabbit
people dressed in suits coming over a hill......well i dunno if they where
evil....but it was fun

SiL ..:..

J. Folsom
07-10-04, 12:48
You should probably take three days off of Neocron, hire all the action movie you can find, and watch them every waking hour.

That should get you back to your old dreams.

warning: Stopping with playing Neocron may result in withdrawal symptoms, remember that pills that look like LOMs aren't LOMs outside of Neocron!

sanityislost
07-10-04, 12:49
warning: Stopping with playing Neocron may result in withdrawal symptoms, remember that pills that look like LOMs aren't LOMs outside of Neocron!

you sure about that?? cause if you take alot of them you can forget most of
the night before or even a whole week!!

SiL ..:..

Glok
07-10-04, 12:59
When I woke up I couldnīt move my arm, or move my jaw..

Was really scary...I once woke up and couldn't move one of my arms, it must have still been asleep. It freaked me out, it lasted for like 10 minutes. Then I fell back asleep and woke up again and the other damn arm was like that and I was like wtf.
warning: Stopping with playing Neocron may result in withdrawal symptoms, remember that pills that look like LOMs aren't LOMs outside of Neocron!Oops, too late. 8|

nobby
07-10-04, 14:06
about the sound track you were on about...i once had a dream that it was night time, was walking outside someones house and i was looking at the window then suddenly a figure appeared, scared the shit out of me then this music of something like a horror film started to play......then i suddenly appeared in a chair with a cup in my hand and the theme of coronation street playing on a nearby tv...then i woke up.....what a bloody weird dream that was....

SilentEye
07-10-04, 14:06
I don't dream very clearly often, I wish though :D

It sometimes happens I sleep on my side and I wake up, and my arms blood flow has been cut off, so you can't feel your arm anymore, it's basically not yours.

And you actually have to pick it up with your other hand to move it where you want, then you can feel it sparkling and you feel blood going back into the vains, it's awesome shiznit that.

nobby
07-10-04, 14:14
and ever since i started playing neocron...ive started to dream neocron...and women!

SilentEye
07-10-04, 14:57
I'm glad I dream of my girlfriend, instead of like, a Lexxuk raping droms! :)

nobby
07-10-04, 17:30
Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

nobby
07-10-04, 17:31
Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :d

Shinto
07-10-04, 18:27
so good a post it was worth posting twice :confused:

err cant say ive had many NC dreams, maybe at the hight of my playing when i was on every night from like 8pm to 2am then ya a few then.

but since ive not played that much im back to my kung fu dreams :D

nobby
07-10-04, 18:45
nah my computer crashed as i posted so it did it twice......................enshouldigung fÜr das!

MkVenner
07-10-04, 20:18
its weird, i seem to have alot of nightmares....dunno why, im more than happy with life lol....tho i suppose thats not really the cause lol, and i dont really remember them that mutch, all i know is i either wake up or my girlfriend wakes me up in the early hours of the morning :p

PS: not really worth a thread on its own, but i was almost run over by a DB9 coming out of the offy on my way home from work tonight, i was so honoured :P

NS_CHROME54
07-10-04, 20:33
not too long ago i kept having this one reccuring dream, had it a few times, thankfully no more...

apparently in the dream i was getting married. every time it was to someone different. i never knew them irl, so they were total figments of my imagination. and everytime, in the dream i was conscious i was getting married or something, but i could never remember to who! it was very odd. i'd be someplace, i'd see some chick and i'd be like "who are you?" and she'd be like all smiley and said "we're getting married remember?" and i'd be all weirded out (for lack of a better term). anyhow yeah those were some strange dreams, glad i don't have them anymore. would always wake up wondering "who in the hell was THAT??"

another thing, sometimes in my dreams, my mind would make up these obscure, completely ridiculous factoids, can't even remember what they were except they were sooo stupid. then i'd wake up and for a few minutes my mind would be completely fixated on them. then something would happen and i could barely remember what it was, and the things i could remember would just make me be like "WHAT?? that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard! why does my mind dream this shit up?!" anyway yeah it's weird.

one other thing. sometimes when i'm trying to go to sleep (actually, just about once every night when i'm trying to get to sleep), my mind would be drifting and i would get this kinda falling sensation for a couple seconds. then it would be like i was hitting the ground, and i would have this full body spasm attack that would completely wake me up and i'd be like "WHOA WHAT WAS THAT??" feels so cool...

but yeah i'm just ranting, so whatever.

SilentEye
07-10-04, 20:53
and i would have this full body spasm attack that would completely wake me up and i'd be like "WHOA WHAT WAS THAT??" feels so cool...

In dutch they call it "Falling of a step"
It's like you fall offa step in your dream and wake the fuck up, I love it too!

NS_CHROME54
07-10-04, 20:56
In dutch they call it "Falling of a step"
It's like you fall offa step in your dream and wake the fuck up, I love it too!

hehehe

well for me it's more like i'm freefalling than falling off a step, then suddenly i hit the ground. it's the craziest feeling, if there was a way to get it whenever i wanted to, i would go for it. ah well, at least i already get it like every night, sometimes more than once.

Glok
07-10-04, 20:58
one other thing. sometimes when i'm trying to go to sleep (actually, just about once every night when i'm trying to get to sleep), my mind would be drifting and i would get this kinda falling sensation for a couple seconds. then it would be like i was hitting the ground, and i would have this full body spasm attack that would completely wake me up and i'd be like "WHOA WHAT WAS THAT??" feels so cool...omg I hate that. I also get 'buzzed' like by a huge bumblebee or something, and also have little spaz attacks. :o

NS_CHROME54
07-10-04, 21:00
omg I hate that. I also get 'buzzed' like by a huge bumblebee or something, and also have little spaz attacks. :o

omg you don't like it? it's AWESOME!!

Morpheous
07-10-04, 21:01
I love dreams in which I kinda.. 'wake up' in my appt in NC wearing my PA :)

It's fun. Then I usually punch Zoid B a bit, run around drinking Preachers and eating Milky Rens, and then fall asleep drunk in the TH Reactor Core ;)

Got used to them by now.

MkVenner
07-10-04, 21:28
yeah i get that falling things, thats cool

Opar
07-10-04, 21:31
omg, the falling sensation is damn cool. I used to have one like, every night, not so much anymore though. I gotta treasure them now :p

Glok
07-10-04, 21:44
I was gonna say chrome was weird for liking that feeling, but it appears I'm the only one that hates it. Maybe something to do with having nightmares as a little kid about falling off cliffs and waking up right when I hit the ground, and also almost falling off both a 1,200 foot cliff and an 800 foot cliff another time when out exploring, also as a fairly little dude.

NS_CHROME54
07-10-04, 21:46
I was gonna say chrome was weird for liking that feeling, but it appears I'm the only one that hates it. Maybe something to do with having nightmares as a little kid about falling off cliffs and waking up right when I hit the ground, and also almost falling off both a 1,200 foot cliff and an 800 foot cliff another time when out exploring, also as a fairly little dude.

that might just be the reason. my advice: don't go near cliffs, and don't play around near the top of the stairs. do that and you'll be fine.

edit: changed my avatar

MkVenner
07-10-04, 21:50
hehe nice

SilentEye
07-10-04, 22:30
Omg 1227 Posts! Sooooo Un-leet!

Terayon
07-10-04, 22:39
i used to have dreams where someone was punching me and all the sudden i would block them but i would do it in bed and wake myself up while doing it. it was realy weird.

MkVenner
07-10-04, 22:52
its weird how you picture people in your dreams sometimes , i mean, my dad pops into my dreams, now i havent seen him for nigh on 10 years now, and i still picture him towering above me, when in reality hes like 6 foot, and im 6,6 lol

and i CAN NOW WAY ON EARTH figure this one out....i had a dream with scooby-doo once, cept his colors were inverted, and he had a french accent lol, tho that was after a night of drinking, and i think mebbe a french dog might have cropped up as a topic of that early morning, im still drunk enough to wonder about the weirdist shit, yet still sover enough to actually think about it lol

naimex
08-10-04, 07:41
and i CAN NOW WAY ON EARTH figure this one out....i had a dream with scooby-doo once, cept his colors were inverted, and he had a french accent

... I seem to remember Scrappy once talked with a french accent in a cartoon episode...

mebbe you saw that a long time ago as I did... had it blocked off in your subconscience and by a brain fluctuation due to severe intake of beverage got it all mixed, up with inverted image remembrance and scrappys awkward once in a lifetime french accent, into the body of the huggable Scooby..

Of course itīs just a theory...

Ormy
08-10-04, 10:39
BTW, does anyone else have soundtracks in their dreams? Sometimes the music gets so overpowering it fucking wakes me up, like just now. And no it's not something in my room, my room is silent except for fans.

Sometimes I have dreams with soundtracks (I spend most of my time awake with music on while I work, wireless headphones from ebay > you), usually only one song, sometimes I can remember which song it was when I wake up, and If I play the song it helps me remember what I was actually dreaming about. I have very warped, sometimes scary dreams, usually about my GF, but strangely I've only had 2 dreams in the last two months :confused: :(

omg you don't like it? it's AWESOME!!

I Love that feeling too. I often fall asleep in my chair, and it's a bit dodgy so sometimes the lever which controls the recline wiggles free and whole chair jolts me backward and downward, which usually causes one of those "falling off a step", although it feels more powerful since I actually do fall about a foot. :o

phunqe
08-10-04, 12:48
Have any of you ever had dreams where you know you are dreaming?

It's really cool. I have them sometimes and you can go like "ok, this is a dream.. I can fly", so I do :p

Apparently it's somewhat uncommon that you can and I spoke to a friend of mine that meditates a lot.. He said that I should be lucky and start meditating myself (About 10 years ago) since having this kind of dreams might indicate a very open mind, which in turn could lead to the ability to train ESP and such.

I do meditate, and I have managed to get in a state where I don't hear or feel anything (i.e people touching or poking me with stuff), which is quite cool...

I don't know how far I will take it however... I might need some sort or monk mentor :p

J. Folsom
08-10-04, 13:22
Have any of you ever had dreams where you know you are dreaming?

It's really cool. I have them sometimes and you can go like "ok, this is a dream.. I can fly", so I do :p
I sort of have that constantly, though my common sense limits me from doing anything which would be impossible in reality, well apart from the fact I can force myself to wake up whenever I want it.

Pretty handy to have though, if you think "Oh ****, I don't like where this is going" you can just decide to wake up, and you do.

Glok
08-10-04, 13:59
Have any of you ever had dreams where you know you are dreaming?Yup. Lucid dreams. I had a nap recently for about 2 hours and had 7 of those in a row. The first 3 were involuntary, though I knew I was sleeping and the next 4, I realized I was waking up for real cause I could hear the fan in my room and I forced myself to go back to sleep to have another one. That was so damn cool.

NS_CHROME54
08-10-04, 18:42
i've had a few of those Lucid Dreams, but only a few, generally only one a year. and i don't have the ability, even though i know i'm dreaming, to wake myself up or force myself to keep sleeping.

also when i can remember my dreams, so often i wake up right when the good part's about to happen ;) (i'll leave that to the imagination)

i'm kinda interesting is that when i can remember my dreams, i can only remember them for a couple hours after i wake up, unless they're a recurring dream (i've had recurring dreams span over many years), in which case i can remember them forever. i know i watched too much star trek, because i had two Star Trek recurring dreams. one of them, Worf is chasing me accross the bridge of the enterprise, the other one me and my mother were at the local plant nursery and i was sitting on the steps outside, when suddenly the whole locale is in space and there's the enterprise in front of me O_o yeah i know i'm weird, BUT IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!

but yeah i remember about one dream every couple of weeks generally, except sometimes i have little stretches where i can remember every dream i have in a week. dreams are fun :D

Mr Kot
08-10-04, 19:24
BTW, does anyone else have soundtracks in their dreams?

Can't say i do, but i often have foreign language dreams with subtitles :p :lol: