PDA

View Full Version : KK We need more (ingame) GM's

Bronx
07-10-04, 11:56
KK it would really help if you guys hired on a few more GM's. Its a HUGE help when you run into an issue in game and a GM is there to help.

Just my 2 cents.

-Bronx

bounty
07-10-04, 12:03
Agree 100%, they should be hunting down players, as opposed to players hunting down them. I know a great number of loyal, honest, and trustworthy members in this community that would make your job much easier.

Richard Slade
07-10-04, 12:03
The reason why you don't see more of these threads is because just about everyone else has given up on even trying to ask for more GMs... :(

Shinto
07-10-04, 12:25
oh and make them paid non neocron gamer GMs as well so that we dont have no dodgy stuff going on

Richard Slade
07-10-04, 12:32
I'd do it for 12.95 a month and I'd also quit being a regular player :p
AND that would mean I can't spam the forums..
See the joy in having me as a GM

Shinto
07-10-04, 12:54
I'd do it for 12.95 a month and I'd also quit being a regular player :p
AND that would mean I can't spam the forums..
See the joy in having me as a GM
no because you know people in game, which would still continue the problems we have had in the past

Xeno LARD
07-10-04, 13:22
yeah several GM's in the past have been investigated, and stuff, lets be honest guys theres what 4 or 5 servers which would require a lot more GM's to be hired. Personally i think we have enough GM's. The root of the problem lies in the current situation of the game. because of bugs theres are ususally 30 -40 people in the NC help queues. This is something that will be retifed over time. The amount of patches that have been coming out lately have definately been a huge booster for the servers.

Despite what many people are saying i believe the support for NC has improved since the transfer. Also if any of you read that post about the SOE developer programmer guy, you'll understand the difficult job and the situations which KK can find themselves in.

i dont really care what anyone else says, KK are doin a pretty good job, given the amount of stuff the community is asking them to undertake

Hats off to all you KK guys :cool:

//koth

Lachlan
07-10-04, 13:28
There was a sticky a while back about North American GM and moderator applications. Maybe that means they are bringing more on board.

Richard Slade
07-10-04, 14:31
no because you know people in game, which would still continue the problems we have had in the past

TBH I dunno anyone in-game as it is.. Never cared to transfer my chars and everyone I knew has changed names afaik.
Also all RL friends quit so.. Basicly I only know ppl on the forums ;)
Speaking of which, to be a li'l constructive, getting new GMs that don't know anyone is kinda hard as a GM MUST HAVE gaming experience..
If not it's kinda like taking a 3year old and try to play chess with him..
He ain't gonna win, I tell you that.

Shinto
07-10-04, 14:40
they dont need to know the game in the sence of playing it they need to know it in how to fix problems.

many MMORPGs with paid GMs dont play the game they GM.

say i was a GM, i know id be tempted to give my mates a little bonus if ya know what i mean, thats why ill never be a GM(or a mod on here cos id be going nuts with the edit stick :D )

Jesterthegreat
07-10-04, 14:44
they dont need to know the game in the sence of playing it they need to know it in how to fix problems.

many MMORPGs with paid GMs dont play the game they GM.

say i was a GM, i know id be tempted to give my mates a little bonus if ya know what i mean, thats why ill never be a GM(or a mod on here cos id be going nuts with the edit stick :D )

so... GM's who know how to play the games, who know all the little bits to help people, but dont play the game or know anyone who does play the game...

Richard Slade
07-10-04, 14:46
However ALL GMs, in ALL games have more than 3months gaming experience when they start working,
this is a standard req seen everywhere.
Also I wouldn't be arsed to help anyone I might bump into that I actually know,
they're all in Bitch! and got stuff shooting out their asses ;)
Isn't that so Saken?
the only interest I have in the game as it is right now, apart from the bugfixing and helping people, is giving Ziu a roundabout..

SynC_187
07-10-04, 15:17
I think part of the problem is you HAVE to devote a certain amount of time to it.

I wouldn't mind doing it, but I can't promise the time they ask for. Probably a lot of other people are the same.

Dribble Joy
07-10-04, 15:38
There was 25 people in the queue for GM help on terra last night, or at least I was 25th in line.
I was delt with within two hours.

It all depends on how many GMs are on at any given time and the nature of the problems.

Also remember that many GMs also have other roles in NC.

Bronx
07-10-04, 20:01
All Im saying is that just a few more GM's in game would help substatially. Basically people like me who work all day and come home and want to get in a few hours of gaming cant afford to wait around for a GM to fix something.

I almost feel as if Im paying 15 bucks a month to beta test a game that allready has been beta tested.

-Bronx

Candaman
07-10-04, 20:36
Agreed if not just to take the pressure of the existing gm's a little with the influx of people oO and influx of tickets due to server fuckups or problems

Endar
07-10-04, 20:53
I think most of the GMs are trying to find and address ingame bugs because the ticket system doesnt work (or does it?).

Candaman
07-10-04, 21:12
yes it does

Felissa
08-10-04, 23:28
oh and make them paid non neocron gamer GMs as well so that we dont have no dodgy stuff going on

Most GMs are voluntary helpers still as far as I know. They have played the game for a certain time, so that they know how the game works and how to help. Non neocron gamers is not a good idea, I think. Just because there may be reasons why dodgy stuff can go on, it doesn't mean it has to happen. I have heard that those GMs who have abused their power got their ass kicked (and kicked out) and I am sure this has not changed.

Nidhogg
09-10-04, 01:04
We took on some new trials a while back and they're now starting to come fully on line. There are quite a few new faces around the lounge and you should start to see them helping you out in-game.

N

§FS§Red Wing
09-10-04, 02:30
There was 25 people in the queue for GM help on terra last night, or at least I was 25th in line.
I was delt with within two hours.

Well, on Mars it doesn't look that good. I opened a ticket yesterday at 6pm which was still open today at 5pm...since I had help from someone on the forums today I was no longer in need of help but what if I still had been?
23 hours without reply is too long for my taste.
I wouldn't mind getting just a "we don't know" but no answer at all leaves something to be desired.

Opened another ticket roughly 1.5 hours ago, let's see how long it takes to get an answer.

Jesterthegreat
09-10-04, 15:37
Well, on Mars it doesn't look that good. I opened a ticket yesterday at 6pm which was still open today at 5pm...since I had help from someone on the forums today I was no longer in need of help but what if I still had been?
23 hours without reply is too long for my taste.
I wouldn't mind getting just a "we don't know" but no answer at all leaves something to be desired.

Opened another ticket roughly 1.5 hours ago, let's see how long it takes to get an answer.

ive had problems which got no responce before... after talking to nid on the forums i found out that the GM's ingame couldn't help me. thats fair enough but the fact that you get no feedback at all is unacceptable

SynC_187
09-10-04, 18:03
1 Amoxicillin - Makes me dead :(

Carbonite
10-10-04, 12:14
We took on some new trials a while back and they're now starting to come fully on line. There are quite a few new faces around the lounge and you should start to see them helping you out in-game.

N

ai like nid says =p
Currently there is 3 english speaking trials, so untill they are fully trained i dont think we need more GM's ;)