PDA

View Full Version : Update: Riggers

Xeno LARD
07-10-04, 11:40
Now, by now I think we all know that there is a problem with the drones. They randomly disappear. There have been many "FUCKING FIX THIS KK" threads, this gets us nowhere.

So this is more aimed at the GM/mods. Can you please just get an updates, let me know they it's being worked on. Maybe what the thoughts behind the problem is so far. Just an update, you know?

So, KK my questions are this:

Are you working on the problem?
What are you thoughts, so far as to the origin of the problem.
Any time frame for fixes? (Patch number?)

Thankyou for your time, and thankyou in advance for any information.

Richard Slade
07-10-04, 12:06
I can answer those...
This is what KK will say:

1.Yes, we are currently looking into the problem
2.The origin is unknown but seems to be from a few patches back
3.We will notify the community as soon as we are done

***NOTE***
I don't, in any way, stand for KK's opinions or words, this is just a guess
***END NOTE***

GIJ0e
07-10-04, 12:13
Now, by now I think we all know that there is a problem with the drones. They randomly disappear. There have been many "FUCKING FIX THIS KK" threads, this gets us nowhere.

So this is more aimed at the GM/mods. Can you please just get an updates, let me know they it's being worked on. Maybe what the thoughts behind the problem is so far. Just an update, you know?

So, KK my questions are this:

Are you working on the problem?
What are you thoughts, so far as to the origin of the problem.
Any time frame for fixes? (Patch number?)

Thankyou for your time, and thankyou in advance for any information.

well put. but dont hold your breath :(

Jesterthegreat
07-10-04, 14:39
someone needs to do a comprehensive report and email it to someone high up.

include a few examples of recent bugs (not "i lost a drone"... say what drone, what slot, what zone, etc... give as much detail as possible).

ok it may make no difference, but it beats the repeated "fix this shit" threads

Darkana
07-10-04, 15:29
Zone: doesn't matter, occured in every zone I launched a drone
What drone: doesn't matter, happened to all types of drones I launched
Slot: dunno, but I lost drones which have been in various slots already, so my guess is: doesn't matter

I had a lot of drones gone poof lately, even directly after relogging. Server load? Maybe, but must not be.

Screenies of this bug (all retail, last one done yesterday evening): screen #1 (http://www.mantris.net/neocron/bugs/shot0024.jpg), screen #2 (http://www.mantris.net/neocron/bugs/shot0026.jpg), screen #3 (http://www.mantris.net/neocron/bugs/shot0039.jpg).

Seems to be the center of the current zone, you cannot move your drone, just turn around and shoot until the energy pack is emptied. Releasing the drone is the hardest part as you know you will never see it again :( And this is only one of the many bugs you have to work around as a droner (sure, it's the most annoying one currently).

... and after one of the patches I see a pulsing core in the FA HQ and wondering myself what the guys at KK spent their time with ... O_o

Xeno LARD
07-10-04, 15:33
Zone: doesn't matter, occured in every zone I launched a drone
What drone: doesn't matter, happened to all types of drones I launched
Slot: dunno, but I lost drones which have been in various slots already, so my guess is: doesn't matter

I had a lot of drones gone poof lately, even directly after relogging. Server load? Maybe, but must not be.

Screenies of this bug (all retail, last one done yesterday evening): screen #1 (http://www.mantris.net/neocron/bugs/shot0024.jpg), screen #2 (http://www.mantris.net/neocron/bugs/shot0026.jpg), screen #3 (http://www.mantris.net/neocron/bugs/shot0039.jpg).

Seems to be the center of the current zone, you cannot move your drone, just turn around and shoot until the energy pack is emptied. Releasing the drone is the hardest part as you know you will never see it again :( And this is only one of the many bugs you have to work around as a droner (sure, it's the most annoying one currently).

... and after one of the patches I see a pulsing core in the FA HQ and wondering myself what the guys at KK spent their time with ... O_o

Definatly the most annoying. Belive it or not, I don't enjoy spending 5k on drones and not being able to use them because they've all dissapeared.

shend
07-10-04, 15:44
in every war, the common soldier gets the same statement :
you'll be home before christmas.
christmas in what year isn't mentionned
if you will still be alive neither

i think it's more likely to see papa smurf as president of the USA than getting a decent response

amen

Spoon
07-10-04, 16:13
An update of the status of the drone bug fix would be nice....

KK hasn't said a word about it, even in open beta, they said nada...
(not a good sign)

If it isn't fixed in the next couple patches, I say they should release all Remote Control and Willpower points..

So those who want to, can change skills....

Spermy
07-10-04, 16:29
That's not a bad idea - or at least put a note in character creation saying drones are bugged ATM.

Also - can ya change the black dragon description - apparently they're still based in pepper park! :)

GIJ0e
07-10-04, 16:43
If it isn't fixed in the next couple patches, I say they should release all Remote Control and Willpower points..

excellent idea. so unlikely to happen. to be honest if they arent going to bother fixing droning they should just remove it. its been bugged in one way or another forever. so if you cant devote the time to fix it, just remove it, release the points and we can all move on and play a class that works :)

in any event some form of official comment would be very much apprciated either way

Spikadelia
07-10-04, 21:03
An update of the status of the drone bug fix would be nice....

KK hasn't said a word about it, even in open beta, they said nada...
(not a good sign)

I could see it coming and bailed out of the class in the last few weeks of NC1. With some sadness but in all honesty a sense of relief.
God they really have sKKrewed Riggers....again.

quickpick
07-10-04, 21:37
That and they need to fix the bug where you lose alot of SL. Even with an LE in you still lose Sl if a guy you accidently hit dies from a mob. No other class has this problem.

LOST
07-10-04, 22:34
i recognise those brown screens..............which is a bad thing.....

i managed to clear the graves without a problem, but then the next few days i lost all 7-10 of my drones in different locations at different times.
So we're down some money and time.....freeing up the points to let us pistol or rifle instead....nice idea then at least we could play.:rolleyes:

It was working up to patch 108 or 7....i'm sure it was....

Darkana
08-10-04, 08:24
It was working up to patch 108 or 7....i'm sure it was....

No, was not. But it appears to be worse now, the last times I used my droner she lost more drones than before :(

Xadhoom
08-10-04, 08:46
Definatly the most annoying. Belive it or not, I don't enjoy spending 5k on drones and not being able to use them because they've all dissapeared.

these bugs exist since beta1.nc1 ..

JustIn_Case
08-10-04, 09:36
these bugs exist since beta1.nc1 ..

Not 100% correct. The NC1 buggs are still in NC2, but the drone vanishing (sky box) is a new one and by far the worst of the bugs.

In NC1, if a drone vanished, it would return at your feet after 10-20 seconds, now the drone is gone forever...

I read a thread about rare drones no longer is BP:able? Is it so? Then it is really horrible.

Well, i gave up droning in NC2, LoM:ed to pistols.