PDA

View Full Version : Mebbe custom chat needs some updating

Crest
07-10-04, 09:55
Ok SO Trade NC is still used for spam, and trading ...

What I dont understand is
Trade MB (Ok Someone stays there)
Trade TH >>>
Trade Canyons >>>
Trade Wastelands >>>

Mebbe this could be modenised a little to reflect the NC 2 Culture and we can remove some of them trade and introdue a new one

Trade NC
Trade DOY ... is there a need for people to spam on all trades ????

Then you could have a global trade, this would mean other trades would not be used so no to that idea

Trade DOY >>>>> All Anti City Trading
Trade NC >>>>> All pro City Trading
This could become pro or anti city based ... but I dont think this is needed.

eprodigy
07-10-04, 10:03
definetly they at least need to add Trade - Doy...

the problem really is, even now, if your asking for something in MB or TH, you still ask on Trade NC because you know most people won't have the others enabled....

Sakletare
07-10-04, 13:18
Yes please.

Glok
07-10-04, 13:26
definetly they at least need to add Trade - Doy...

the problem really is, even now, if your asking for something in MB or TH, you still ask on Trade NC because you know most people won't have the others enabled....Personally I hate asking on trade or selling on trade and finding out the other runner is in the other city. I think each city would for sure use their own trade channel, unless they like getting frustrated. :p

El_MUERkO
07-10-04, 13:32
I like the pro and anti bit but MB, FA and TG should still have their own trades.

Sakletare
07-10-04, 13:40
I like the pro and anti bit but MB, FA and TG should still have their own trades.
Why? FA & TG are part of DoY.
CM should'nt get any privileges, they shouldn't get access to either Trade-NC or Trade-DoY, not choosing side in a war should have some consequences.

Glok
07-10-04, 13:42
lol poor CM. They are quickly becoming the punching bags of NC2.

SorkZmok
07-10-04, 13:47
I made some suggestions already. (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=115150)

El_MUERkO
07-10-04, 13:50
Why? FA & TG are part of DoY.
CM should'nt get any privileges, they shouldn't get access to either Trade-NC or Trade-DoY, not choosing side in a war should have some consequences.

If people used the channels correctly then people would know whats on offer in those locations.

I dont want to listen to someone advertising poking in TH when I'm in DoY.

kurai
07-10-04, 15:10
Being able to colourise all the various Custom modes separately would be hugely helpful too.

whifix
07-10-04, 20:43
I agree. Why is there a canyon? For fire mobs? The chanels for trade and skills should be;

NC
DOY
TH
MB

Morganth
07-10-04, 20:55
Personally I think they should stick with NC, DoY and TH as the main trade channels. MB isn't exactly a thriving place for tradeskillers. Especially as they can get killed my anyone really as the only faction that can't get in there easily is TG.

Once TH becomes the trade centre I think most people will do most tradeskilling in there.

EDIT: Also I think every new character that is created should have Faction chat activated as its a fairly good source of information as most people who have been playing for a while have it activated.

-FN-
07-10-04, 20:56
I already had a long-ass post about this in the no-longer-existing Beta forum *sigh*

I believe there should be the following channels under CUSTOM:

[ ] WORLD CHANNEL - 99% of TRADE-NC would fit here.
[ ] ZONE CHANNEL
[ ] FACTION CHANNEL
[ ] TRADE CHANNEL - NEOCRON
[ ] TRADE CHANNEL - DOME OF YORK
[ ] TRADE CHANNEL - TECH HAVEN
[ ] SKILL CHANNEL - NEOCRON
[ ] SKILL CHANNEL - DOME OF YORK
[ ] SKILL CHANNEL - TECH HAVEN
[ ] TEAM RECRUIT CHANNEL - LE
[ ] TEAM RECRUIT CHANNEL - NON-LE
[ ] HELP CHANNEL
[ ] OOC (OUT OF CHARACTER)

What's sad is they HAVE updated the CUSTOM Chatmode because the old TEAM RECRUIT CHANNELs had ranking separations, the new ones don't seem to. They've also removed the CLAN RECRUIT CHANNEL. So they have changed it, just not in any logical way O_o What does everyone up in DoY use for a trade channel anyway, TRADE-NC? That makes no sense.

Xylaz
07-10-04, 21:42
yeah it had been addressed thousands of times, but apparently KK dont think such feature would be neccesary...

tbh, i dont think we need that much trade channells, in the current situation it'd be fine for me to have only:
trade - nc
trade - th
trade - doy

and of course, anticity shouldnt be able to hear procity people and vice versa (at least not without any special methods used) - but that's probably another feature which is unacceptable to KK.... (eg, trade-nc for pro city people, trade- doy for anticity and one global channell : trade th)

not sure about mb and canyon channells, they might be useful, but it'd make sense only if those channels were available only to people with those locations.

That's the main problem imo - all trade channells are mostly unused because they are basically all the same one global channell, just renamed 5 times (and another 5 times with skill - xxx). What's the point of using all of them?

same with skill - nc and other skill - xxx channells - they are completely useless and redundant to trade channells therefore unused.

Locational channells would have quite a different meaning and there would be lots of possible reason to use them. But as they stands now they are just spam generators:
trade - nc : selling blah blah
trade - mb : selling blah blah
trade - th : selling blah blah
trade - cs : selling blah blah
trade - wl : selling blah blah
skill - nc: selling blah blah
skill - mb: selling blah blah
etc etc