PDA

View Full Version : Centralized area for bug reporting...

Jake Cutter
07-10-04, 03:44
Checked through the forums...is there a centralized place to report bugs? (I hear you laughing, don't go and say "the whole forum")

One bug that I have particular desire to mention, is the old "zone with someone else" bug, where you're minding your own business, and all of a sudden, you zone and end up in someone else's apartment entrance, along with them. Now this is merely annoying if your character is LE'd...but on occasion it can be quite fatal if you're not. Hey KK, howabout putting this on the list somewhere?

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Viktor
07-10-04, 03:49
I can't believe I never noticed that.

ShadowStriker
07-10-04, 03:54
Well you can use the in-game bug reporter if you want, there used to be a seperate forum where you could report bugs, but KK took it down for some reason. Possibly to prevent knowledge of bugs becoming to widespread. Also you could try PMing a Storm-Bot or something.

Inchenzo
07-10-04, 04:00
Tadaa !

http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100

Darkana
07-10-04, 09:02
Yeah, it's the test server feedback ... I dunno if there is or will be a test server again, fact is though, that they should either create a new bug report forum or move this one ("relabel" it).

The ingame bug report tool is ... hmm ... let's just say it lacks certain possibilities due to it's limitations.

MasterBee
07-10-04, 09:46
The ingame bug report tool is ... hmm ... let's just say it lacks certain possibilities due to it's limitations.

What, it has a profanity filter? :lol: :p

Vithar
07-10-04, 09:54
The BugTracker (http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100) in the Test Server forums area is regularly checked by members of the Quality Assurance team. Especially Lupus as he states in this (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=114744) thread. :D

As for the use of the Ingame BugTracker, this is the preferred method of reporting bugs about the gameworld. It ensures that bugs are reported in one place, making it easier for the Quality Assurance to keep track of what needs to be done.

Please make sure that you use the BugTracker and not the HelpSystem when reporting bugs. ;)

Please avail yourself of these resources. They are there to help you let the QA team and others know what the bugs are.

V

Darkana
07-10-04, 15:41
Has the ingame bug reporting tool been improved since NC1? Like a higher limit of characters in the text? You guys will never get a "complete" description with such a low max. amount of characters allowed for the bug description (255 chars max. or so? :rolleyes: ). And what gets sent with it? Does it auto-include a screenshot, too? Does it auto-include the current runner position? Why are there only 4 (or 5?) categories? I had many bugs which didn't fit into any of these ...

And as I said already: relabel the "testserver" ... or make a sticky like "where to report bugs in the forum" ... up to you :p This will save you from answering threads like this every time.

Dirus
07-10-04, 16:09
If the ingame bugreport doesn't fit your needs, then use bugreport@neocron.com or @neocron.de, or the bugtracker forums. Ingame is quicker and easier for players, while the out of game options such as the forums or e-mail allow you to add files such as error.log or callstack.log to your report, which is some cases is easier for the QA's to work with.

The more info we can get on an issue the easier it is to solve. If you can reproduce the bug, then it would be appreciated if you could delete the current error & callstack logs then trigger the bug and send the new logs in.

Reports such as "Theres terminals acting as chairs" without givin info as to where they are do not help much.

Jake Cutter
07-10-04, 22:13
Thanks Vithar and Lupus...I was hoping to get some official response. Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Sorin
08-10-04, 13:02
If the ingame bugreport doesn't fit your needs, then use bugreport@neocron.com or @neocron.de, or the bugtracker forums. Ingame is quicker and easier for players, while the out of game options such as the forums or e-mail allow you to add files such as error.log or callstack.log to your report, which is some cases is easier for the QA's to work with.

The more info we can get on an issue the easier it is to solve. If you can reproduce the bug, then it would be appreciated if you could delete the current error & callstack logs then trigger the bug and send the new logs in.

Reports such as "Theres terminals acting as chairs" without givin info as to where they are do not help much.

Regarding the callstacks. I'm hesitant to send them in because in all my NC playing (both 1 and 2) I've never had a callstack that was more than 0 bytes. Not even 1 single measly byte. Is that the way they're supposed to work? By sending it in with an error.log of the same number, does something happen or what?

I'd just hate to constantly be mailing in files that windows says don't have any info at all.