PDA

View Full Version : Fix the SoulLight already

phunqe
06-10-04, 23:19
The soullight needs to be addressed immediately.

You spend hours and hours of getting a high SL (100), TWICE (because of rollback), then you fight an enemy and you accidentaly hit one of your allies. He dies and you go to -11.

It's bs if you ask me.

Fix it. We've been putting up with it for over two years now. Time to fix it.

Thank you.

SorkZmok
06-10-04, 23:33
schwiftyfive schtarsch

Spermy
07-10-04, 00:02
Only schwifty five? I vote forty seven heif!

Soullight is really good, when it works, but at the moment with allied Pkers about - It's just plain balls.

Scraggy flea infested balls.

whifix
07-10-04, 00:15
There needs to be some loss in place to discourage allied ganking. The current soullight system works well for noncombatants but it is true that one bad mouse click and you're in trouble. A good idea would be to base SL loss on how much damage you did to that individual before they died. Perhaps 100% damage = 100 SL loss. 50% = 50SL loss...etc... That would be more reasonable of a system I believe.

//edit//
and the loss would apply only to allied or neutral people killed. perhaps halfed for neutral people since they dont matter as much to your faction as allied do.

Clothing_Option
07-10-04, 01:48
[ edited ]

joran420
07-10-04, 01:54
aim carefuly :p

Crest
07-10-04, 09:48
Soul Light should work on the basis of, the higher it is the less the loss..

IE -16 to -10 soul light becomes -17
IE -9 to -5 soul light becomes -16
IE -4 to 0 soul light becomes -15
IE 0 - 5 you loose 14 -- 14 points straight
There after you loose
Round Up 15 * (1- (your soul light level / 100))

EG Your Soul light is 20
Round Up -- 15 * (1-(20/100)) + 1 = 13 point loss

EG Your Soul light is 50
Round Up -- 15 * (1-(50/100)) + 1 = 9 point loss

EG Your Soul light is 80
Round Up -- 15 * (1-(80/100)) + 1 = 4 point loss

EG Your Soul light is 99
Round Up -- 15 * (1-(99/100)) + 1 = 2 point loss

EG Your Soul light is 100
Round Up -- 15 * (1-(100/100)) + 1 = 1 point loss

Anything worse than -17 and you do what ever rules you currently apply

Benifits of this system ... you don't pk you friends / faction , but make a mistake your hit is low
You abuse and pk in hunting zones often and you will never have a high SL = more risk of falling off the bottom side and KOS for guards .....

Mebbe not the best calculations, but its better than what they got

MasterBee
07-10-04, 10:36
SL loss should also be based on how much SL does the victim have. If I have 100 SL and someone kills me, they lose a LOT, if I have 10 SL they lose a little.
That should encourage people to get higher SL, AND it would make "good" runners safe (once the word spreads that this particular person has 100 SL and killing him will make you go to hell :p )

angelsenior
07-10-04, 10:41
About the SL loss, I think you should remind that SL regenerates automatically (slow ok, but it does) and returns close to the SL level you were at if im correct (well used to be so in NC1).
Another thing to remind, if you know that you accidentally hit a person, if you zone before he dies (even if just crossing and immediately going back) it resets the hit registration (Ie as if you hadnt hit him) which prevents the SL loss to occur.
That is of course if you get this opportunity.
This is what I've experienced so far.

phunqe
07-10-04, 10:43
It regenerates very little in NC2. I don't know how much, but it's only up to 20-30 as far as I could tell.

Spermy
07-10-04, 11:09
[ edited ]

Once again - A brain wasn't...

What do you call this weeks patches? They fixed stuff - on the other hand they damaged other stuff, but they fixed that as well... Erm... I think... YES! that's an update!

Also - with you being so wise to KK's market strategy - you must be the fella in charge eh? You must Know EVERYTHING anout the strategy... :rolleyes:

Yes it is obvious to anyone - companies exist to make money. KK are running this game to make money. The people who designed the game just so happen to be dedicated to it however. Hence the reason they go to all this trouble to create fixes and crap. It's a lot of work you know.

You're right there probably isn't any more expansions city wise, theres no room. I mean, where are we going to stick them? Up your arse?

Freaky Fryd
07-10-04, 13:41
Simplest way to help fix Soullight when killing an ally/neutral:

[Your Soullight] - [Their Soullight] = [Your New Soullight]

Examples:
I have 100, kill someone that has 100 => I now have 0
I have 100, kill someone that has 25 => I now have 75
I have 50, kill someone that has 100 => I now have -50
I have 25, kill someone that has -10 => I now have 35
I have -10, kill someone that has -25 => I now have 15

Reasons it could work:
- People will want to keep high soullight, in case they have to kill someone allied/neutral
- People will want to keep high soullight, in order to screw over an ally/neutral who kills you
- People with lower soullight are more likely to seek out those on the NCPD list, giving more reason to have high soullight in the first place & stay off the NCPD list

The only downside is accidental kills, but for intentional kills this system should work.

What do you guys think?

phunqe
07-10-04, 13:47
I understand that implementing something which could work on the amount of damage you make might be a bit cumbersome.

Doing something as the post by Freaky Fryd might be easier to do.

I'm happy with anything that doesn't punish you as much as now for defending yourself in a case of allied/neutral attack and doing collateral damage to allied people while fighting.

MasterBee
07-10-04, 14:18
I understand that implementing something which could work on the amount of damage you make might be a bit cumbersome.

It already works for the mobs you kill. Implementing it for runners shouldn't be that hard.

KRIMINAL99
07-10-04, 14:46
Its fine as is... does sl really effect belt difficulty anyways other than to make pkers easier to hack..

having soul light higher than 16 just doesn't do anything thats all. The point is no matter what if you kill allied people your soullight will suffer immediately. If an allied attacks you and he still has decent sl, run...

phunqe
07-10-04, 14:54
A SL 100 QB is really hard (in comparison with a 30,40,50 one for example). At least last I tried.

Crest
08-10-04, 14:11
A SL 100 QB is really hard (in comparison with a 30,40,50 one for example). At least last I tried.

I have yet to find a belt I could not hack ... sometimes a second hack is needed...
I have come straight out a GR and hacked belts (I assume their SL was low)

To compinsate for the high soul light, my hacking is 140 base (no buffs), Self buff = 145 ... PPU buff = about 160 and when I put my SA in it will be better

Rieke
08-10-04, 15:01
I am standing around with some mates as a TG in Doy ... .. Bang Bang .. a mate die, some Cms start a attack .. we try to alive and beat them back .. i take my Cs and try to kill one of the Cms around me .. but only 1 Plasma bullet hit one of my own mates .. ouch .. a Cm killed my mate and i lost SL and Faktion .... whats started as a nice fight ... ends in being pissedoff the SL and faktionsystem ..

Im standing as a XX somewhere around as a PPU ... just talking and kidding with some Clanmates. One of my mates starts kidding me to much, so i take my hands and give him a slap in the face ... a moment later some enemies kill my mate ... and i lost SL and Faktion... ends in being pissedoff the SL and Faktionsystem ..

Sorry for my crap english, but i think u all know what i mean .. :rolleyes:

Crest
08-10-04, 16:22
I am standing around with some mates as a TG in Doy ... .. Bang Bang .. a mate die, some Cms start a attack .. we try to alive and beat them back .. i take my Cs and try to kill one of the Cms around me .. but only 1 Plasma bullet hit one of my own mates .. ouch .. a Cm killed my mate and i lost SL and Faktion .... whats started as a nice fight ... ends in being pissedoff the SL and faktionsystem ..

Im standing as a XX somewhere around as a PPU ... just talking and kidding with some Clanmates. One of my mates starts kidding me to much, so i take my hands and give him a slap in the face ... a moment later some enemies kill my mate ... and i lost SL and Faktion... ends in being pissedoff the SL and Faktionsystem ..

Sorry for my crap english, but i think u all know what i mean .. :rolleyes:

We are TG's, Mate a ppu me = spy .. I am dead, he rezz's .. I joke with him and shoot him, he heals a bit and all ...but we not hunting anymore just chatting, 2 doys come over hill, he dies, I loose SL ... man thats screwed ...

Currently I have no care about killing someone, enemy or friendly, if I have to, I loose SL, do 2 missions and back in the green. then I don't care again