PDA

View Full Version : Poetry Essay - John Keats

Saza
06-10-04, 20:39
Phew, got my final English coursework piece to do. But it's POETRY! The Jar-Jar Binks of English. That thing I loathe and detest with a vengeance.

Right. Anyway, I have to compare two of the most boring poems ever written, Ode on Melancholy and Ode on a Grecian Urn by John Keats 8|, which I can deal with, but I have to explain the meaning of 'transience' too, and how it links to these poems. Does anyone know what this is about?

Oh, I've been banned from typing this one out on the computer. I have to use pen and paper :( Evil teacher!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Teh Saza

NS_CHROME54
06-10-04, 20:43
your teacher is MAKING you use a pencil and paper? hell my grade 12 english teacher wouldn't take it unless it was typed out! forcing you to write it all out is just evil.

Saza
06-10-04, 20:49
your teacher is MAKING you use a pencil and paper? hell my grade 12 english teacher wouldn't take it unless it was typed out! forcing you to write it all out is just evil.
It's got to be a minimum of 6 pages, preferably 8.

Spermy
06-10-04, 20:53
ONOES! TEH KEATS!

*Dies*

I had to do the same - lemme go root mine out if I still have it. :)

Tis a few years old now!

Saza
06-10-04, 21:25
ONOES! TEH KEATS!

*Dies*

I had to do the same - lemme go root mine out if I still have it. :)

Tis a few years old now!
Any luck on that? I'm really badly stuck :(

Possessed
06-10-04, 22:26
I just finished my first draft for my coursework on poetry, Wordsworth and Blake (3200 words =/)... was actually quite interesting once I got into it.

You sure about the pen and paper thing... we asked our teacher and he said that they've withdrawn the requirment to have one piece written by hand.