PDA

View Full Version : Roleplay Groups

Vallentyne
06-10-04, 19:05
Hello Neocron :)

I'm new here, giving the free trial a spin. Just wondering, are there any decent roleplay groups on Terra? By that I mean a clan, or even just a few like minded individuals who enjoy hanging out and chatting IC (not using RP as an excuse to PvP). Even better would be a location that's popular with RPers, be it a bar, club or whatever.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also, is there any word on adding to the selection of character models? The current ones are really quite dire :(

Vallentyne
06-10-04, 23:42
Am I mistaken in my assumption that there is roleplay in Neocron? ;)

joran420
06-10-04, 23:54
lol there is ....a lil bit...im sure youll find it in teh dingy bars or somewhere shady

[edit]actually afaik there are a few heavy RP clans.....just not sure off hand which

[TgR]HusK
06-10-04, 23:58
One most specificly:
Faction: Fallen Angels
Clan: Phoenix Ltd.

I think one of the best you will find on roleplay.

The clan is a company, from neocron 1, we where THE company to get your vehicles from for an affordable price. In NC2 - who knows how things will turn out.
Clan style therefore is profesional company.
The Faction is also one of the few factions doing roleplay at a noticeable rate.
Many storys have been made already, I suggest you check out the Fallen Angels home base for Terra server: www.techhaven.org (http://www.techhaven.org)
You'll find various storys there already intresting for you to read, some are based on ingame happenings, others are simply cool reads ;)

Roleplay in neocron... There are very few hardcore roleplayers, people who roleplay ALL the time, but my experience notes that when you roleplay towards a person, the chances are still okay that they will roleplay back at you. Its harder to find a random roleplayer because people have gotten used to seeing this game as a First Person Shooter instead.

I suggest you join FA and see whats up.

Siygess
06-10-04, 23:59
Heh heh, of course there are roleplay groups in NC.. but as with any MMORPG, they have to have secret identities lest they be beaten up by those who fear us.

Oh wait, did I say us? Oh damn, there goes my cover :D

There are plenty of individuals who role-play on Terra in each faction, but the strongest faction in a role-play sense has always been the Fallen Angels. If the Fallen Angels doesn't sound like your cup of tea, I suggest you check out the Roleplay / Story part of this forum - as you might expect, most of the people who post there are interested in roleplaying also. :)

EDIT: Damn you Husk. Daaaaaamnnn yoooooou! *shakes fist*

Idola
07-10-04, 00:06
Am I mistaken in my assumption that there is roleplay in Neocron? ;)

Sadly, there's VERY little "proper" Roleplay going on in Neocron right now. The majority of it just being used as an excuse to kill other players and insult them (No folks, this isn't a "harsh, dangerous Cyberpunk world" only when it suits you. Either stick with the prime fiction all the time, or don't bother with it all; you will not be taken seriously by any decent Roleplayer if you only use it as nothing more than a crutch for your half-arsed excuses). There's very little character development going on beyond stats and skills.

Hell, I can't recall the last person who killed someone for a reason other than "you show up red".....only for this very same person to go on and accept services from....yup, that's right....a tradeskiller in the EXACT same faction who their victim was in. So much for wanting to destroy that faction by eliminating it's Runners.

Anyway, I digress.

If you're looking for deep, involving political strife and trauma with personal development plus intrigue, warfare and conflict....you're in the wrong place. You'd best find a decent Pen and Paper group for that sort of thing, or even stick to an offline RPG like Fallout.

Look for those things in Neocron and all you're likely to find is a random Player Killer trying to pass themselves off as a religous zealot/psychopathic murderer that lives to kill everything (Except his tradeskillers, clan mates, friends, allies and anyone else that he finds useful from an OOC viewpoint).

I come across as bitter here, but with a past deeply stemmed in Roleplay this sort of thing irks me off no end.

sanityislost
07-10-04, 00:49
Yea as they said, there is roleplay in NC2-terra you just need to have a good
hunt about for it. The Fallen Angels is the best place to look, all the RP FA clans
from pluto (an nc1 server)moved there. If FA isnt your thing would prolly be a
good idea to track down a clan from pluto in a faction you think suits your style,
since must clans from there had at least some rp in one form or another.

SiL ..:..

MkVenner
07-10-04, 01:25
i was thinking of restarting that wasteland outcasts tribe thing that naimex started a coupla months ago but failed over at crest....mebbe on a different server...or summink, coz i got a spare slot of two and i havent had any decent RP in ages...

Vallentyne
07-10-04, 01:26
Thanks for the input, much appreciated. :)

From my brief wander around Neocron city, I'm a little saddened. The bars and clubs, which are quite excellent, are completely deserted- if there are indeed those of you who want to see serious roleplay in Neocron, then this needs to change.

Find a bar you like and drag over as many roleplayers as you can find. Remember that location, then swing by and meet up with others if you're at a loose end. Keep this going and, before you know it, you'll have a flourishing roleplaying community based around one little bar.

If you're worried about other players getting in the way, then go somewhere private, maybe an apartment. Just glancing through this thread I see a couple of people dying for roleplay to take off. Drop me a PM if you're interested in setting something like this up.

Give it a try, see what we can achieve ;)

Clothing_Option
07-10-04, 01:35
HusK']One most specificly:
Faction: Fallen Angels
Clan: Phoenix Ltd.

I think one of the best you will find on roleplay.

The clan is a company, from neocron 1, we where THE company to get your vehicles from for an affordable price. In NC2 - who knows how things will turn out.
Clan style therefore is profesional company.
The Faction is also one of the few factions doing roleplay at a noticeable rate.
Many storys have been made already, I suggest you check out the Fallen Angels home base for Terra server: www.techhaven.org (http://www.techhaven.org)
You'll find various storys there already intresting for you to read, some are based on ingame happenings, others are simply cool reads ;)

Roleplay in neocron... There are very few hardcore roleplayers, people who roleplay ALL the time, but my experience notes that when you roleplay towards a person, the chances are still okay that they will roleplay back at you. Its harder to find a random roleplayer because people have gotten used to seeing this game as a First Person Shooter instead.

I suggest you join FA and see whats up.

Hes right Brammers the CEO of Pheonix is the best RPer Ive ever seen

Vallentyne
07-10-04, 01:38
It's a shame if roleplay is completely contained within one clan, or even one faction.

As I mentioned before, there should be a location where roleplayers of all (or at least most, considering the diplomacy) factions can come together. A location which is decided on, promoted and operated by the roleplayers themselves, of course.

This is what I'd like to get running, I'd enjoy roleplaying the ownership of a bar. Anyone who'd like to help out, let me know :)

MkVenner
07-10-04, 01:52
we'll skulls role play to a certain end, in that we accept contracts as a mercanary group, only problem is, for instance, BD hired us to bolster their forces against CA, aside from the SL hits, CA would deem this as a personal attack, and put us on KoS, and the rest of city would probly follow suit

Dribble Joy
07-10-04, 02:13
Exactly.

You can DM the leaders of the clans you were hired against, to tell it is just business and that they should be going after the people doing the hiring, but you inevitably get 'stfu, ur kos rofl' (comma optional).

That said I do try to do it where possible.

Truth be told, pure hardcore RPing is a bit strange to me, taking on a personallity that isn't my own is deeply disturbing.
As much as I hate myself, being someone else is just a bit too wierd.
Thus the person you meet ingame/online is me, the guy behind the computer, and not someone made up.
Yes, my ingame char is a girl (for various reasons, and no I don't like getting chatted up) but other than that it's me you get.
So when I role play, I play as myself in a role/situation.

joran420
07-10-04, 02:36
same here im just more or less mehself in game...ive never really understood teh hardcore RP crowd...tbh sometimes they scare meh

07-10-04, 08:32
Sadly, there's VERY little "proper" Roleplay going on in Neocron right now. The majority of it just being used as an excuse to kill other players and insult them (No folks, this isn't a "harsh, dangerous Cyberpunk world" only when it suits you. Either stick with the prime fiction all the time, or don't bother with it all; you will not be taken seriously by any decent Roleplayer if you only use it as nothing more than a crutch for your half-arsed excuses). There's very little character development going on beyond stats and skills.

Hell, I can't recall the last person who killed someone for a reason other than "you show up red".....only for this very same person to go on and accept services from....yup, that's right....a tradeskiller in the EXACT same faction who their victim was in. So much for wanting to destroy that faction by eliminating it's Runners.

Anyway, I digress.

If you're looking for deep, involving political strife and trauma with personal development plus intrigue, warfare and conflict....you're in the wrong place. You'd best find a decent Pen and Paper group for that sort of thing, or even stick to an offline RPG like Fallout.

Look for those things in Neocron and all you're likely to find is a random Player Killer trying to pass themselves off as a religous zealot/psychopathic murderer that lives to kill everything (Except his tradeskillers, clan mates, friends, allies and anyone else that he finds useful from an OOC viewpoint).

I come across as bitter here, but with a past deeply stemmed in Roleplay this sort of thing irks me off no end.

That was probably the most 'spot on' thing I think I may have ever read about RP in NC

I think the most regrettable thing about RP in NC is because you need to remove the LE to form a clan (a fundamental RP unit of organisation) you immediately leave yourself open to the PK/PvP heads who you just cant rationalise with - the fact that nearly all the safe zones are gone now only serves to make this problem worse

I've said it before and I'll say it again, LE'd players need to be able to form clans (and not control ops)

It's also unfortunate that all bar one (correct me if I'm wrong here) of the Epic runs has a PvP element (regardless of it the reward is of any utility in PvP)

Darkana
07-10-04, 08:55
sidenote: FA epic doesn't involve runner killing either (thus at least two epics can be done with LE).

Bugs Gunny
07-10-04, 09:07
There's definitely roleplay groups on terra.
I poked someone up who told me a story of roleplayers.

They gather near a Genrep, then stand in a circle.
When a low level runner comes along they set him on fire, and then dance and shout singalongs around the fire.

joran420
07-10-04, 09:10
rofl ....that was pretty funneh

Vallentyne
07-10-04, 09:13
Thinking of stealing my boyfriend's old account, few questions first:

Could I change the character name?
Could I change its appearance/gender?
What would be transfered over? And how do I do the transfer?

bounty
07-10-04, 09:24
It's not like people actually play their own gender anyways. :lol:

Dribble Joy
07-10-04, 09:38
Thinking of stealing my boyfriend's old account, few questions first:

Could I change the character name?
Could I change its appearance/gender?
What would be transfered over? And how do I do the transfer?

You can change the name of a player in the transfer process.
You can choose between about 8 different face textures and 8 hairstyles, you cannot change gender.
You would need to tie your NC2 account with his NC1 account, go to My Account in the launcher window.
The items in the Quick Belt, the armour and implant windows are transferred.