PDA

View Full Version : Patch #111 Wishlist

Morganth
06-10-04, 18:19
This is what I hope to see in the next patch:

-Fixed Database Issues

KK needs to sort the database before they fix ANY other bugs or exploits as if it keeps rerolling there is gonna be a rapid decrease in players. See how many people got pissed and left because of the Saturn fuck up? Now times that by the entire Terra community and you will find NC2 to become purely for German players as its the only community that has a working database as everyone leaves.

Tratos
06-10-04, 18:28
This is what I hope to see in the next patch:

-Fixed Database Issues

KK needs to sort the database before they fix ANY other bugs or exploits as if it keeps rerolling there is gonna be a rapid decrease in players. See how many people got pissed and left because of the Saturn fuck up? Now times that by the entire Terra community and you will find NC2 to become purely for German players as its the only community that has a working database as everyone leaves.
already done in patch 110....

- Fixed serverside bug that caused the apartment reset on Terra.
- Improved server<->database handling and error checking.

:)

Spoon
06-10-04, 18:30
-Drone launch bug fixed

BaDDaSS
06-10-04, 18:31
Fix drone bugs next please :)

J. Folsom
06-10-04, 18:31
I wanted to do that!

Umm...

Seriously, what I'd like to see is:

- Updated and activated outfitters.

Now that's an important update, as far as I'm concerned.

Actually, "Made Neocron able to run with 5000 FPS on a pentium III with 500 MHz" would be a nice change as well, but that's slightly impossible.

Glok
06-10-04, 18:33
Actually, "Made Neocron able to run with 5000 FPS on a pentium III with 500 MHz" would be a nice change as well, but that's slightly impossible.They could do that in 8 bit color 2D topdown ala Nethack. :D

plague
06-10-04, 18:34
first thing the need to fix is the motherfucking memory leak...it's unbareble, i died to its lag soo much that am just not gonna play anymore till they fix it..

Gunner_turret
06-10-04, 18:34
look at my sig

No1male
06-10-04, 18:46

im guessing u havent seen theres ANOTHER rollback :)

Morganth
06-10-04, 18:48

They said improved the Database, not fixed it. There is a difference.

whifix
06-10-04, 18:49
I can live with the FRE's, the rising memory usage (which I believe is due to how much chat logging is done now) and even the rollbacks to a certain extent. My biggest grive is this

-Server client syncronization bug

This has happend to me so many times. I'll be playing and all of a sudden i can't swith between quickbelt slots. On top of that the damage I do does not count and I appear to be doing no damage. If I relog everything is fine but if I'm fighting a decent mob I'm dead when I relog.

Another bug I thought of

-2 to 3 logins attempts to get in game

Happens to me all the time. I try to log in and it goes through the process of logging in then kicks me back to the login screen with no messages. Or I log in and I'm in perma sync.

I'll be honest though. No bug can cause me to leave NC :). THe game is just to good to leave.

Anna
06-10-04, 18:51
drones

Logan_storm_03
06-10-04, 18:55
I would like to see every thing said above, plus a free complementary Milky Ren to all the runners for there patience :)

Militaryman
06-10-04, 19:03
I would really love to see a revamp to the Hacknet and the Hacker content in the game, most of my ideas are posted over on the wishlist.. ;)

Dribble Joy
06-10-04, 19:09
im guessing u havent seen theres ANOTHER rollback :)
The second DB error happened BEFORE the 110 patch.

Tratos
06-10-04, 19:12
They said improved the Database, not fixed it. There is a difference.they have how ever FIXED the bug which caused the whole 'database issue' you are complaining about...

i think you need to read the top line of my sig :rolleyes:

Sorin
06-10-04, 21:41
Wishlist:

- Made SL matter in such a huge way that allied and neutral killing will never happen again.
- Made LE reimplantable past rank 30 again (maybe only temporary)
- Made all Epic Runs completable by LE runners
- Eliminated 0 skill synch problem
- Added +3 INT and +3 DEX to Tech Haven CPU
- Fixed and implemented all high security databases, finally
- Made slots on weapons less random, more predictable. It will be easier to get slots with high construction skill.
- Add more RPOS styles to the game (e.g. stock NC1 RPOS, player modded NC1 RPOS, and some others), switchable in game by typing /set switch_rpos [x] where x is the number of the RPOS, found in rpos.ini.
- Improved Buddy Chat system. Added a checkbox (similar to the custom channel) next to each name, so you can specify who and how many people you want to talk to at any given time.
- Modified Direct Chat channel so that you can have more than one person on it at the same time.
- Introduced apartment sharing. This can be done with any apartment. To share your apartment with other runners, simply add their name to the safe list. The safe list can be accessed via a special item on the wall by the door, looks like a buzzer. People sharing your apartment can open the door, use the cabs, and even set the GR as primary. However, only the apartment owner can modify the actual safe list.
- Added a ban list to the apartment sharing feature. Runners on your ban list will not even be able to use the lift to go to your apartment. (i.e. they can use the lift, just not to go to your apartment. If they type in your apartment code, they get an access denied message).

K that's all for now. I can dream can't I :)

Dargeshaad
06-10-04, 22:08
- That KK got a clue to what they're doing

joran420
06-10-04, 22:10
-player shops
-item tracking

kthxbye

Ascension
06-10-04, 22:16
-omfg fre tbh. ;)

jiga
06-10-04, 22:26
1)Remove collision dmg from vhcs
2)Allow us to put LE back in
3)Nerd melee tanks and increase dmg of freedom strike and Ion crossbow
4)Give us back the I_09 twister barkeeper

If you do these then I wouldn't mind if you don't patch for another 2 months

Ascension
06-10-04, 22:29
Nerf melee tanks and increase dmg of freedom strike and Ion crossbow

Well.. while patrolling PP3 me and 'Icie' came accross a zone whoring ppu.. debuffing him and 3 Hl's leaving him with 20 health Icie threw the freedom nade and killed the PPU.. we were in hysterics on coms :lol:

GIJ0e
06-10-04, 22:35
fix drones please!

jiga
06-10-04, 22:37
It's funny coz if my I don't get an LE in one of my characters soon then I'm going to leave. This is the only time I've ever thought about leaving but the community are a bunch of wankers who will kill anyone they can for no reason :(

joran420
06-10-04, 22:42
safezones are yer freind. safezones + GR's = LE

they have NEVER ever ever ever said they will allow LE re implant ....i dont see why theyd change that now

jiga
06-10-04, 22:44
safezones are yer freind. safezones + GR's = LE

they have NEVER ever ever ever said they will allow LE re implant ....i dont see why theyd change that now
They did though o_O
Your one of the reasons why I want my LE in. I just can't be assed to play when people kill you when your a spy with no armour, AFK, lower level than them, they're a melee tank, your bugged or you have 0 FPS/have crashed.

Chess -
06-10-04, 22:55
How about the cigaret?

joran420
06-10-04, 22:58
They did though o_O
Your one of the reasons why I want my LE in. I just can't be assed to play when people kill you when your a spy with no armour, AFK, lower level than them, they're a melee tank, your bugged or you have 0 FPS/have crashed.
mind pointing out where they said u could reimplant LE???

im 99.9999999% sure they never said they would do that

ppl dont know yer AFK....ppl dont know yer not wearring armor

all HQ's are safezones...all safezones have GR's...its not that hard to not get PK'd if you think a lil

Morganth
06-10-04, 22:59
they have how ever FIXED the bug which caused the whole 'database issue' you are complaining about...

i think you need to read the top line of my sig :rolleyes:

I wasn't talking about that database issue, just the database as a whole. If they had fixed the database when they first created NC then there would never have been as many screw ups in NC 1, and then they wouldn't ever get them in NC 2.

Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups, and you assumed I was complaining about the last DB problem that didn't even affect me and I didn't mention. :rolleyes:

Drake6k
06-10-04, 23:01
Fix the NEXT epic!!!!!

*cry*

naimex
06-10-04, 23:03
4 letters :

_P
__E
___T
____S
_____

jiga
06-10-04, 23:07
I wasn't talking about that database issue, just the database as a whole. If they had fixed the database when they first created NC then there would never have been as many screw ups in NC 1, and then they wouldn't ever get them in NC 2.

Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups, and you assumed I was complaining about the last DB problem that didn't even affect me and I didn't mention. :rolleyes:

We will most likely remove the implant limitation for a while and set up NPCs selling LEs. This isn't 100% definitive yet though, a counterargument is that people with the LE in right now can keep it in since the implants will be transferred over.
Ahem :D .

If you shoot someone once and they don't react and then you shoot them again even though you can obviously tell that they are AFK because they don't react. Also if you shoot someone and they take 200 dmg then there is much point in shooting them coz it's just so easy. TBH 90% of the time PvP does more harm then good. If you kill someone then they are gonna be more pissed off than you are happy about killing them.

Morganth
07-10-04, 00:05
Ahem :D .

If you shoot someone once and they don't react and then you shoot them again even though you can obviously tell that they are AFK because they don't react. Also if you shoot someone and they take 200 dmg then there is much point in shooting them coz it's just so easy. TBH 90% of the time PvP does more harm then good. If you kill someone then they are gonna be more pissed off than you are happy about killing them.

There is no relevance between your post and the quoted ones...

Glok
07-10-04, 00:25
There is no relevance between your post and the quoted ones...And there is no relevance between the 2 quoted ones either. :confused:

naimex
07-10-04, 00:27
And there is no relevence between the 2 quoted ones either. :confused:

maybe the point was to prove that there was no point by pointing out that there is no relevance between the posts..

:confused: :confused:

wait.. now im confused aswell...

Ozzon
07-10-04, 04:34
Fix droners!!!

40$Poser
07-10-04, 04:52
Fixed memory leak

I fear if they don't fix it now, more and more content will be added and it'll be even harder to fix. I could be wrong, but either way the memory leak needs to get patched up.

-FN-
07-10-04, 05:07
- Item Tracking Implemented and working
- NPC Vendors for Players Implemented and working- TG Epic Item Damage Increased
- BD Epic Reset and Derms Introduced as new Epic Items
- Drone "Disappearing To The Black Void" Bug Fixed
- Mob and Player Rendering fuck-ups fixed (Spider Legs, Monk PA Arms, etc)

I would be happy with just the ones in bold, but that would be my #112 Wishlist.

Viktor
07-10-04, 06:19
I'm satisfied as long as they have santa hats come Christmas time. Well, maybe I can think of some things.

- Outfitters. Why wasn't this solved in beta?
- FRE on window restore. Might just be me, but it's annoying.
- Lack of 5.56 or grenade ammunition in MC5. Give the damn noobs a hand.
- Memory leak. Maybe I'm missing something, but I still have it every now and then.
- NPC's groping/raping/running into eachother. Fun to watch, but humiliating.

Sigma
07-10-04, 06:30
-Old Runneranimations reenabled

Doc_PP
07-10-04, 10:08
The server doesnt show the players on their right positions. Your client could show a runner stuck in a elevator, but he is really on another floor etc.
This makes PvP really irritating....
A few times when i try to help noobs by showing them a guided tour in Doy we have to give up 'cause we loose track of each other :(

The netCode could REALLY need some improvements...

Bugs Gunny
07-10-04, 10:18
Fix memory leak.

Fix hacknet mobs (they are overpowered now), i have no idea why they changed them, as my spy with 150hack 95tc could take on a 80/80 mob by himself, adn around 6 60/60's.
Which is the same as he can do outside of hacknet with his pistols.

jiga
07-10-04, 17:16
There is no relevance between your post and the quoted ones...
OK i was supposed to quote someone else

Shinto
07-10-04, 17:29
tanks turned into overpowered one man army killing machines, with CS doing one hit burst kills.

:angel:

plague
07-10-04, 17:32
tanks turned into overpowered one man army killing machines, with CS doing one hit burst kills.

:angel:

amen to that...i loved teh old takies....but not as much as old hybrids lol..

- All holy psi spells lowered in reqs.!!!!111one