PDA

View Full Version : Patch 109 & 110 Notes & Discussion

Thanatos
06-10-04, 17:56
Unfortunately, the database bug struck Terra again just as we were about to patch :(

- Manually set the price of High Density Datacubes.
- Vehicle Energy packs are researchable now.
- Military base apartment vendor now sells all Military Base apartments.
- Hacknet software mods are now sold at the software vendors.
- Anti-vehicle and anti-aircraft ammo is now sold at heavy combat ammo/outpost vendors.
- Removed faction requirements from construction licenses.
- Increased efficiency of Hacknet regeneration and defense software.
- All faction-specific Hacknet levels have been set to warzones (no faction sympathy penalty).

- Fixed lots of epic bugs.
- Replaced the targets for the Tangent and Tsunami NPC epic kills by lower level NPCs (
- Updated WoC Savant scripts again.

- Fixed all PAs: You can play now all emotes and animations on every PA.
- Fixed PSI-PA not playing any cast animations. Works now.
- Added Weaponattachbone: You can see now your weapon on your PA.
- All PAs now use the MOCap animations instead of the old one.
- Increased all PA texture resolutions up to 512˛ (old one was 256˛...)

- Fixed serverside bug that caused the apartment reset on Terra.
- Improved server<->database handling and error checking.
- Emote trigger check is no longer case sensitive.

jiga
06-10-04, 18:03
Guess I can put my LE in next patch then.... :(

Spermy
06-10-04, 18:03
many thankies - Is the rokwear system going to re appear anytime soon?

And what's causing the corruption?

/me hopes they haven't used saturn servers as terra. BUUURN SATURN BUURRRN!

El Jimben
06-10-04, 18:04
This is b*llshit. I gotta do my fecking epic again now. looking for rank 16ish FA & TS runenrs on terra!

DM willress for skunk

[D]est
06-10-04, 18:06
lool. ok I cant play it but the patches are good but the rollback is a mock for communitie!

solling
06-10-04, 18:10
im not sure i can do anything on terra , becourse maybee there will be another rollback :(

BlackDove
06-10-04, 18:11
YAY

I get to re-do the Epic for the.....sixth? No EIGHTH time now.

Thanks. I so yearned to not be able to move on.

CyberKhan
06-10-04, 18:11
Drones look like they still have not been addressed. I mean honestly you have GOT to fix this ASAP. this has gone on way way too long to complete gimp an entire char class because we lose drones about 35% of the time we launch. No other class has to spend money like this because their guns or spells just disappear.

[TgR]KILLER
06-10-04, 18:14
*killer got his chars back..

ow no thats aint in the patch notes :rolleyes: bloody roleback yesterday cost me all i dit all my chars the clan everything is whiped.. and now a roleback again.. lol at least i couldn't be rolled back nothing there.

naimex
06-10-04, 18:15
Drones look like they still have not been addressed. I mean honestly you have GOT to fix this ASAP. this has gone on way way too long to complete gimp an entire char class because we lose drones about 35% of the time we launch. No other class has to spend money like this because their guns or spells just disappear.

What are you whining about ??

You get everything back every second day... :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
06-10-04, 18:17
Sexeh.

The FCL thing is good too.

Spermy
06-10-04, 18:19
I feel like Tom hanks in groundhog day...

No.. wait! That's a bad thing...

/sues KK for making him feel like tom hanks.

MrChumble
06-10-04, 18:19
Another day, another patch. Keep up the good work KK :D

PS: Fix Droners k thx :)

plague
06-10-04, 18:20
how come i dont c
- Fixed memory leak.????? game is unplayble cuz of that when u gonna fix it?

naimex
06-10-04, 18:22
how come i dont c
- Fixed memory leak.????? game is unplayble cuz of that when u gonna fix it?

As soon as we´re finished rolling back to closed beta for neocron 1.

darkservent
06-10-04, 18:23
its all sex nothin to say abt this.

hegemonic
06-10-04, 18:27

You should feel like Bill Murray (Tom Hanks was not in Groundhog Day) :D

kurai
06-10-04, 18:28
Invisible ? :confused:

Perhaps he felt like Bill Murray in Castaway too.

nobody2004
06-10-04, 18:28

Agreed, BUT I'd rather haven them work on EPICs and other more important stuff first.

And, yes, I'm a rigger myself ...

Keep up the good work KK :)

Spoon
06-10-04, 18:29
What's the status of the drone fix?

Could you have a GM spawn a TH Sentry Turret in my apartment, so I can at least level my droners CON?

COLD
06-10-04, 18:30

I think that was Bill Murray.

Anyways, .........fucking rollbacks, arg!!

Glok
06-10-04, 18:31

Could you have a GM spawn a TH Sentry Turret in my apartment, so I can at least level my droners CON?Haha that's just what I was gonna do with my PE but they shut down the server. :p

Quake
06-10-04, 18:38
Gotta love this, KK finally releases DoY, And decides to call this halfassed addon for "Neocron 2". They decide hey, why not wipe all the characters items, they havent spent more then a couple of years to gather them anyways. So we all think that this new game will be exciting and all. Now to what we got.

We got

#1 DoY - Fine but hey who the hell said i wanned to start my char in this shithole?
#2 We got hovers! yay, Now this would be a great addon if only they wouldnt blow up when you spawn them, or when you run into a tree after synching. They also managed to inherit the old synch bugs from NC 1 where you would lose your vehicle if you ended up in the eternal synch, which is another bug that they managed to inherit from NC1 by the way.
#3 What else do we got that is worth mentioning? Oh yes, a crashing server that needs to be rollbacked twice in 2 days.

Conclusion:
We are paying for something that still should be in beta testing. Isnt it great, the history seems to be repeating itself.

Now i guess im gonna get banned but tbh i couldnt care less.

whifix
06-10-04, 18:39
How fare did they rollback? Hopefully not before 10pm (GMT-8) last night.

J. Folsom
06-10-04, 18:44
How fare did they rollback? Hopefully not before 10pm (GMT-8) last night.
The last rollback I heard of was announced to roll back to 3 hours ago. (To 15:00, or 3 PM in my time.)

Agent L
06-10-04, 18:52
The last bastion of straightness had fallen.

james_finn
06-10-04, 18:53
WoC savants now work! Thanks KK, jus need to somehow get loads of money to pay for it...... o_O and yes I did manage to get to the temple before the servers went down! Just lol!

Delphi

Farril
06-10-04, 18:59
Hotfix will cover broken Epic giver,

Sorry folks my fault.

Killfly
06-10-04, 19:00

Could you have a GM spawn a TH Sentry Turret in my apartment, so I can at least level my droners CON?

Just shoot yourself with your drone :) (or does that count as an exploit?)

Dribble Joy
06-10-04, 19:01
The last bastion of straightness had fallen.
Those who do not get down with the new 'modern' jiggeh, shalt perish.

kurai
One has to wonder why these problems affect one server and not another.

(I'm not talking about "OMGz0r ! KK hatzerz teH Engerlish commooonity!" type bullshit)

It was noticable with NC1 as well - some servers were hugely more problematic than others.

What exactly is the difference ? Were the base OSes of the boxes set up differently ? Is hardware spec different ?
Is the core codebase per worldserver *really* that different ? Do you have Localization problems ?

Is it as simple as not being able to proofread certain code/script lines as efficiently in English as opposed to German ? (Only natural if it's not your first language, but it needs to be addressed if true)

Whatever the case ... you *really* need to get some sort of systems/process analysis person in, even if only for a few days, to give you some ideas about structuring the way you work.
At some point you will have to accept that there are better ways of doing things than you achieve currently.

It'd save you *so* much time, money and effort in the long run.

james_finn
Faril how much money do you need to do a WOC level? The NPC didnt tell me, and I kinda need to know so I know when to come back!

Cheers

Delphi

Spermy
06-10-04, 19:02
:lol:

I realised my mistake just as I posted... Friggin bill murray and tom hanks, always get them mixed up. :p

Glok
06-10-04, 19:03
Those who do not get down with the new 'modern' jiggeh, shalt perish.Do you mean the 'glad' jig? 8|

Ascension
06-10-04, 19:07
patch notes (cont)....

- Fixed Memory leak to eradicate the oh so loved 'FRE'.

didnt you read it right? :rolleyes:

phunqe
06-10-04, 19:08
I can't take this anymore.

First I loose my 100SL to the rollback. Then I start getting them back, then I LOOSE SL by collateral damage while DEFENDING people, then I do an assload of missions this afternoon, and now I loose that as well.

I seriously can't take it anylonger soon...

Shurikn
06-10-04, 19:23
*cough*

Still no MB apts. in MB.....
The trader NPC shows an empty inventory and has nothing to sell.

[TgR]KILLER
06-10-04, 19:47
well got my chars put back in the transfer database transferd them again but can't login without syncing having no armor.. emty quickbelts.. no right clicks.. and we pay for this.. rolebacks and bugs.. sigh..

i'll try again this weekend.. to affraid of doing anything anyway atm.. not gonna spend 8 hours making the clan doing stuff just to get rolled back again.

Endar
06-10-04, 19:47
Seriously Im really seriously starting to think about dumbing the Ultima Online and downloading Neocron 2 :D

Just keep up the good work ReaKKtor :) Seeing a new patch everytime I read the forums is a awesome thing.

And just an idea, could you please post a new "Known Issues" thread? I think it would keep the community quiet when they know what are you working on at the moment and what they can expect to see in next patch :angel:

Well to be honest, I have already quitted playing Ultima Online but I got addicted to new game... Resident Evil series... I finished Resident Evil Director's Cut and right now Im playing Resident Evil 2. I also bought Resident Evil 3: Last Escape from a friend of mine and I have Resident Evil: Code Veronica sitting on my desk. Also the same friend I bought RE3 from said he could borrow his GameCube and Resident Evil 0 to me, and Im also thinking about buying GC + those games...

Damn Resident Evil series...

Agent L
06-10-04, 19:48
Those who do not get down with the new 'modern' jiggeh, shalt perish.
*Goes out looking for queer lifestyle shool.*

fokusu
06-10-04, 19:55
The hacknet vendor in MB sells mods for 0nc, not buyable though. There are also 2 mods with +11% frequency, intended?

EDIT: Not sure if the hacknet sheilds are working either, dead in three shoots from a 60/60

Saza
06-10-04, 20:31
*Clap clap*

Awesome patch KK, looking forward to the next one where you make the BD epic worthwhile.... I mean do a lot of cool stuff :rolleyes: ... Yeah... That's it.

:p

Dirus
06-10-04, 20:41
WoC Mobs currently not lootable.

06-10-04, 20:53

This guy doesnt show up on NavRay

If its the guy I think it is (sat in the Cafe with the Medicare guy behind the bar!?!?!?!? on Terra anyway) then he doesnt sell anything it just brings up an empty trading window (not sure if its related by the first time I tried to talk to him I got "The NPC is busy right now. Please try again later" in chat)

Mr Kot
06-10-04, 21:10

So we can sex people in caps now?????

SEX!!!!

Candaman
06-10-04, 21:15
WoC Mobs currently not lootable.

so still no woc for anyone even if the scripts work i really wished we'd tested this in closed beta

Bronx
06-10-04, 21:37
I still think theres a Problem with WoC. I have over 2 mil plus I have done the Epic.

But when I talk to the Savant he says you must complete atleast one epic.

-Bronx

Jaenus
06-10-04, 21:40
The mobs in the TG Infected Storage 2 are definately bugged. I can solo groups of 4+ 60/60 mobs in the DoY travel areas but the 40/40 mobs in storage 2 kill me in a few hits.

Edit: Well I didn't die so quickly to the 60/60 mobs in Storage 3 but they still hit a _lot_ harder than their 60/60 counterparts in DoY travel zones.

Ascension
06-10-04, 22:25
how about some new looking mobs? rather than 120/120 launcher cyclopes.. :rolleyes: comon! getting a bit repetative now! :o

ino
06-10-04, 23:33
well my monk pa still looks like a fucking retard.. animations work tho but I dont give a shit about that.

Seven
06-10-04, 23:35
how about some new looking mobs? rather than 120/120 launcher cyclopes.. :rolleyes: comon! getting a bit repetative now! :o

New mobs were one of the things I expected to see the most in NC2.

SorkZmok
06-10-04, 23:41
WHERE DID THE "FUCK" EMOTE GO?? I LOVED IT!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ino
06-10-04, 23:45
Anyone else have this shit?

Glok
06-10-04, 23:48
Anyone else have this shit?MUTANT! KOS!

ino
06-10-04, 23:55
Maby :).

But I sure as hell dont want to run arround looking like that. Its not only my pa skin its all monks. its woodstock gathering of fucked up monk pas.. Its kinda scary to look at :).

I've tried to "repair" the files nothing happens. Oh and I've had this since day one.

Darth Slayer
07-10-04, 00:33

Um it was Bill Murray u silly niblet....... :lol:

Scorpius.
edit...... How the hell do u get Bill Murray and Tom Hanks mixed up.
Bill Murray is by far the superior Actor/Comedian.

Jaenus
07-10-04, 00:45
Anyone else have this shit?
They updated the PA models so your weapon hangs on your hip or what not. Obviously your arm is the most dangerous weapon you have :lol:
Edit: tried taking the poke tool out of your quickbelt?

IceStorm
07-10-04, 01:04
N.E.X.T. Warbot epic doesn't work.

Be really nice if someone would fix it. Two of my four main characters are N.E.X.T....

IceStorm
07-10-04, 01:57
So now I have cubes and I can access the CA Faction Database (nice, SF CPUs in there. :-) ).

I traveled over to Tangent. I got up to the database area. I clicked on the database thingy and got a funky error screen (in-game errors from the NPC), then hit ESC to quit. After doing that, I couldn't move. Hitting ESC brought up my HUD instead of allowing me to quit.

Are we supposed to be able to access other Allied/Neutral databases?

I presume the inability to move and quit the game is a bug...

LiL T
07-10-04, 02:22
est']lool. ok I cant play it but the patches are good but the rollback is a mock for communitie!

Fucking learn what mock means yeah ?

pisses me off tbh how you use mock!

/EDIT there not mocking us are they ? christ allmighty :wtf:

Robert Hanssen
07-10-04, 05:50
So, I have access to a program called Rational Purify (now owned by IBM). It's a developer tool designed to root out memory leaks, access to uninitialized memory, access to unallocated memory, and access to free'd memory.

I decided to load up NC in purify to do some black-box memory checking... if I had Debug DLLs, I could get you some more info, but here's what I found.

With all the nc2 DLLs analyzed at the function level, I didn't quite get into the game, it crashed with a C++ exception in mouse event handling. See client1.log for more details. The worst thing on this run I found was use of a free'd pointer:

[E] FMR: Free memory read in COMMANDPARSER::ParseAusdruck(TOKEN *,TOKENSTACK *) {31 occurrences}
Reading 4 bytes from 0x049bcfe4 (4 bytes at 0x049bcfe4 illegal)
Address 0x049bcfe4 is 4 bytes into a 12 byte block at 0x049bcfe0
Address 0x049bcfe4 points to a C++ new block in heap 0x035e0000
Thread ID: 0x484
Error location
COMMANDPARSER::ParseAusdruck(TOKEN *,TOKENSTACK *) [C:\Program Files\neocron2\gamebase.dll]
COMMANDPARSER::ParseString(char const*) [C:\Program Files\neocron2\gamebase.dll]
Allocation location
new(UINT) [C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVCRT.dll]
PARSER::Parse(TOKENIZER *) [C:\Program Files\neocron2\gamebase.dll]
PARSER::ParseString(char const*,char *) [C:\Program Files\neocron2\gamebase.dll]
COMMANDPARSER::ParseString(char const*) [C:\Program Files\neocron2\gamebase.dll]
Free location
delete(void *) [C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVCRT.dll]
COMMANDPARSER::ParseAusdruck(TOKEN *,TOKENSTACK *) [C:\Program Files\neocron2\gamebase.dll]

So, I gave up on that course and turned to the d3d9 memory leak. I turned off analysis of all DLLs except d3d9drv.dll. I logged in (at a whopping 1FPS), left my apt, looked at my inv and logged out and quit. Not a whole lot to see (again, because I don't have source or debug DLLs), but there was a *possible* leak of 16 megs. See client2.log.

I highly recommend you guys look into getting a seat of Purify. It's the best tool I've ever seen for tracking down memory/pointer problems.

It took me a whole 30 minutes to collect this information. Imagine what your developers could do in VC++ with this ;)

soundphed
07-10-04, 06:15
OMG Robert, you're ub3r. I just hope KK pays attention to this, they are getting important info just handed to them...nice work man ;)

phunqe
07-10-04, 08:06

They can't be bought though. All have a price of 0nc.

- All faction-specific Hacknet levels have been set to warzones (no faction sympathy penalty).

Excellent.

Goto Excellent.

You mean so you can rollback before we even notice next time? ;) ;) :p

FarSight
07-10-04, 09:18
then hit ESC to quit. After doing that, I couldn't move. Hitting ESC brought up my HUD instead of allowing me to quit.
I presume the inability to move and quit the game is a bug...

I got same thing once at end of PSI spider NPC dialogue ... it was looking like my char is still in dialogue mode even if dialogue end's, like IceStorm wrote ... ESC brought HUD ... and for me only combined controls worked (alt+m, alt+k etc etc). I know that i had big big lag that moment (sm1 in work changed netlimiter setup :D) ... and i think that this is smt about client-server communication. (never have it with normal ping about 60)

Bugs Gunny
07-10-04, 09:25
Hacknet is now suicide.

My 49/52 (hacknet rank) spy can't even take on a 40/40 mob.
I take 3 shots, full health, heal running (cool one) and deflector running (cool one).

The hacknet mobs are waaaaaay overpowered now.
My spy has 150 nat hack, 95 nat tc and honestly, there's NO way people are gonna hack bp's or level inside hacknet.

Maester Seymour
07-10-04, 11:18
For some reason since the patch i cannot talk to any other anticity faction supply managers except for my own factions (even though i have more than enough sympathy with the others too). I sent a ticket about it and the dude that got back to me said it was to do with my clan symp?

Did u change it again? Cos the patch notes for #108 said "Dialogue scripts now use the runner's faction sympathy instead of his clan's faction sympathy" :wtf:

Bloodstorm
07-10-04, 11:37
YAY

I get to re-do the Epic for the.....sixth? No EIGHTH time now.

Thanks. I so yearned to not be able to move on.

for christ sakes, then don't do the damn epic for now untill they fix it probably!

Unfortunately, the database bug struck Terra again just as we were about to patch :(

- Manually set the price of High Density Datacubes.
- Vehicle Energy packs are researchable now.
- Anti-vehicle and anti-aircraft ammo is now sold at heavy combat ammo/outpost vendors.
- Removed faction requirements from construction licenses.
- Increased efficiency of Hacknet regeneration and defense software.

- Fixed lots of epic bugs.
- Replaced the targets for the Tangent and Tsunami NPC epic kills by lower level NPCs (
- Updated WoC Savant scripts again.

- Fixed all PAs: You can play now all emotes and animations on every PA.
- Fixed PSI-PA not playing any cast animations. Works now.
- Increased all PA texture resolutions up to 512˛ (old one was 256˛...)

Hey thx alot for the info Thanatos, its good to hear you got all these things fixed ill be patching as soon as I get home :P

Bugs Gunny
07-10-04, 11:39
NEXT epic still bugged.

Get the mission fine from HRM, then go to elias (final mission) he won't talk to me (i'm carying the documents though).

I've seen the warbot outside E-07, so the next step is there

Bloodstorm
07-10-04, 11:44
NEXT epic still bugged.

Get the mission fine from HRM, then go to elias (final mission) he won't talk to me (i'm carying the documents though).

I've seen the warbot outside E-07, so the next step is there

wierd.. he should talk to you, he spoke to me..

IceStorm
07-10-04, 13:51
wierd.. he should talk to you, he spoke to me..You have to talk to Elias twice. The second time is when you need to destroy the Malfunctioning Warbot outside. Are you saying you talked with him the second time?

My PE gets the mission from the Human Resource Manager, but doesn't get any items and no Mission information comes up in the Mission box.

SorkZmok
07-10-04, 13:55
For some reason since the patch i cannot talk to any other anticity faction supply managers except for my own factions (even though i have more than enough sympathy with the others too). I sent a ticket about it and the dude that got back to me said it was to do with my clan symp?

Did u change it again? Cos the patch notes for #108 said "Dialogue scripts now use the runner's faction sympathy instead of his clan's faction sympathy" :wtf:You can only use your own FSM, not the ones from other faction. (even if you got enough sympathy)

That "Dialogue scripts now use the runner's faction sympathy instead of his clan's faction sympathy" means that the FSM will react to your symp instead of the average clan symp.

Maester Seymour
07-10-04, 14:12
You can only use your own FSM, not the ones from other faction. (even if you got enough sympathy)
Ah okay then, before yesterdays patches i could talk to them all lol. Was fun while it lasted :p

Jesterthegreat
07-10-04, 14:47
What are you whining about ??

You get everything back every second day... :rolleyes:

ahahahahahaha

but yeah i agree drone bugs should be a priority as it strongly efects a whole class O_o

if (for example) drones were launching, but not leaving the QB (IE cloning themselves) there would be a hotfix within days... but problems with drones seems to be a low priority

tkNukem
07-10-04, 16:31
robert, i suggest you post your findings in a new thread rather than this thread ;/
barely anyone's gonna take the time to read what comes before the latest two or three posts now...and the information you had could be made relevant to KK if the whole community was like 'omfg read this shit and fix it ffs'.

ZyproN
07-10-04, 17:44
Was out at MB in STEALTH then some crazy dude attacks me while im in STEALTH and kills me, I genrep out and ask him how the fuck could he attack me in stealth mode. Then he tells me that I wasn't in stealth mode :mad:

Fucking fix it in next patch im tired, what is working? NOTHING!

the riddler
07-10-04, 18:08
Spy PA animations dont fit the model at all, when holding pistols or tools the right arm isn't even attached to body. Both arms look like they have been sawn off at the armpit during casting and emote animations and they frequently seperate from the body. The arms are placed too high up during the run animation and the legs dont really take big enough steps (they are in POWER armour after all) which makes us look like hunchbacks walking on tip toes. :(

ZyproN
07-10-04, 18:23
Change the rifle on spys whit PA. Its stupid when he is holding it up there get it back where it was before pls.

Brammers
08-10-04, 00:34
Hacknet - FA high security DB is bugged - just comes up with Maintance tools.

renzor
08-10-04, 18:25

Wasnt that Bill Murray? I dont remember seieng Tom Hanks in Groundhog Day mate >.<

LOST
08-10-04, 21:12
still no research and construct missions for FA...dont know if other doy factions are mising them...........the least you could do for my droner as he's useless right now :)

kurai
12-10-04, 02:12
I dare say it's probably already been mentioned in this thread already, but it bears repetition anyway.

Memory leak and consequent crash bug still present.

It's getting pretty fucking annoying having my normally perfectly stable XP system endure regular hard lockups (nothing else *ever* has managed to achieve that on this box, in well over 2.5 years)

Having my disks and filesystems chewed to fuck as the OS tries to recover from the repeated mayhem is not my idea of fun.

For now NC2 is effectively unplayable for me.