PDA

View Full Version : Rollback #2

Sakletare
06-10-04, 17:56
From the launcer:

Terra Database Rollback #2
Unfortunately the server bug struck Terra again just before we were going to patch it. All world data has been corrupted with Fallen Angels turrets. As much as we regret this, another rollback is required. All data will be set back to the status of 3PM CEST (GMT+2). The patch will be applied as soon as the server is down, which should be momentarily.

Cliffraiser
06-10-04, 18:01
you got to be kidding me???

if so i just lost another fucking character that just done the epic ffs.

3 chars i transfered gone now and they havent gotten them back yet.

fucking great...

Yelly
06-10-04, 18:03
Yep 5 hour rollback.
I guess ppl gonna say they lost millions again.
Well those who complain about it.
What else do you do in this game than lvl get cash and so on ?

ElFunkyArab
What i don't see... Is HOW can a few turrets corrupt the whole game?
May it just be so that KK feel preasured from a FEW players to do a rollback?
someone PLEASE enlighten me on this.
Lost: 2 Epic Items. and some money...

Darken
Fucking Hell Omfg .. How Stupid You Gotta Be To Corrupt The Db With Fallen Angel Turrets ! Omfg!

eprodigy
Ok wait how far back is this rollback ? I hate time zones arg..

Won't affect things I did yesterday ?

solling
ok KK i want u to change my faction to CM and give me thew godamn PP epics chip

2nd time i completed the PP epic i did it yestoday rollback today rollback im not gonna do it again

Darken
06-10-04, 18:04
WHY THE FUCK DOES IT ONLY HIT THE 4 SLOT SERVER FUCKING DO SOMETHING GAH ! IVE GOTTA DO ALL THAT SHITTY EPIC AGAIN AGAIN for THE 3rd FUCKING TIME

DaFire
06-10-04, 18:04
Yep 5 hour rollback.
I guess ppl gonna say they lost millions again.
Well those who complain about it.
What else do you do in this game than lvl get cash and so on ?

it's about 3 hours..

darkservent
06-10-04, 18:05
Bring on the 1 slot server.

joran420
rofl ok 3 hours no prob :)

40$Poser
It's frustrating... especially since I work the rest of the week. We could complain, ask for reasons, but I doubt anything would come of it. Oh well...

These are new servers right? How come Terra keeps getting corrupted so easily? If any KK staff would care to answer.

solling
06-10-04, 18:06
KK i did the pp epic for 2nd time and change my faction to CM can i get this back ? this is the 2nd time i have to do this since i did it before rollback yestoday to so can we get an official statement can peops who really did epic gets their epic chip ? u gotta have some way to check

eprodigy
06-10-04, 18:09
worst part is ... its going to happen again - what are the chances they actually fixed the problem...

Darken
I love it do this epic for the 3rd time whooo.......
morons....

sure it happend again
didnt you read patch notes ???
The bug that started all the shit didnt get fixed, they just let the server up and let us waste our time !!!
Then roleback and fix it???
COULDNT YOU FUCKING TOLD US SO WE DIDNT WASTE OUR TIME

Glok
My wrist hates you KK. :(

I'm gonna need a wrist support and maybe a coldpack to redo all the csting I just did.

Radamez
06-10-04, 18:10
Bring on the 1 slot server.

Fuckin' A.

This is a JOKE

At a point where I was just considering logging back in, why bother? seems any progess I make is gonna be lost.

The only way to forgive this shit is compensation!

Shove your policies, give everyone a mil/exp/epic items. You fucked up, you pay out.

No1male
06-10-04, 18:11
all i got was a mail back saying theres fuck all they can do, And there gonna charge us for playing a non stop beta?!?!?!?! :lol: :lol:

hegemonic
06-10-04, 18:11
I'm glad I'm sick and slept in today (I'm in EST), otherwise, I'd be VERY pissed right now.

Sorry for your losses guys.

Yesterday's rollback caused me to have to re tag all the GRs in the wastes a second time since NC2, which is NOTHING compared to your losses.

I feel for you.

__bigs__

solling
06-10-04, 18:12
well all i wanna know if i can get my epic items so i dont have dto do the epic again this is the 2nd time i done the pp epic and changed factions to CM

Darken
06-10-04, 18:13
you wont get em back =/

SorkZmok
06-10-04, 18:15
Damn, im pretty sure im standing right in the middle of a chaos cave now. O_o

And i have to cap psi again. Ah well, just some millions lost, i dont really care.

sanityislost
06-10-04, 18:17
if i didnt decide to quit last night, this woulda made up my mind

SiL ..:..

jini
06-10-04, 18:18
YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING!!!!! WHAT KIND OF AMATURES ARE YOU????
Is it wise then to stop playing and wait some weeks untill you find your sences??? what is this shit about again?
Same BUG twice?

Whispers
Been here on the forums and in and out of NC since aug 2001 (read my profile)

BUT THIS IS BS:

PLL LOSING CHARS AND ALL THEIR SHIT THEY TRANSFERED AND LOSING EPICS IS WAY MORE THAN JUST LOSING SOME XASH>>>

I am not claiming that I lost much

Im just saying that those who lost chars to these rollbacks should get them back and be able to transfer them again...

Hell i did lose a marine chip and a bunch of good stuff a friend gave me from his char that transfered....and now it's gone FOREVER???

I dont mind rollbacks when it just means "do-overs" but losing chars is final...

and u will lose players behind all this shit believe me...

and Exploiting? Man I think everyone should be exploiting all they can...if they gonna lose time and hard work this much why not exploit for your $$$ and items...then at least you dont waste all this time ingame for nada.

just my 2 credits worth

Quake
And what kind of compensation will KK give us?
Nothing as usuall i suppose.

jiga
06-10-04, 18:21
I can't remember anyone asking any of you to play...

No1male
06-10-04, 18:23
if this was counter strike and they said ooooh 1.6 was fucked were going back to 1.5 then yeah theres nothing we can do and tbh i doubt we would whinge that much due to the fact we dont pay to play for CS. Weve this WE PAY!! to play neocron yet you shit all over us not once but TWICE!! yet tell us theres nothing you can do. This is the reason i left neocron the first time round but came back after reading on the forums that "neocron will be much more stable with less chance of bugs". Since ive been back its even worse then neocron and doesnt look any different :rolleyes:

explain??

Kopaka
06-10-04, 18:25
1 rollback.. ok
2nd rollback.. get the fuck outta here..

are we gonna get 16 hours free subscription cuz of this bullshit ?
i had to the the fucking crahn epic twice already, dont tell me i gotta redo it fucking again.

how the fuck do u plan on keeping ur new players KK ?
do everything u need to cept a fucking rollback.. ppl spend hours n hours getting stuff after the fucking whipe and everything, then u gotta roll 8 hours back.

Radamez
06-10-04, 18:25

Fuck off and die troll.

deac
06-10-04, 18:26
I WANT ONE EPIC ITEM FOR EACH OF MY CHARS NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW !!"#!" !"#%R¤#T"GREFDZ önkvjsbgxglhgxxönv

its the last they should.....

jini
06-10-04, 18:31
And what kind of a shitty remark is this one?
So what do you think kk do in order to convince us play? She is forcing us to pay&play?
Better think before you reply like this in the future

Kopaka
06-10-04, 18:33
I WANT ONE EPIC ITEM FOR EACH OF MY CHARS NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW !!"#!" !"#%R¤#T"GREFDZ önkvjsbgxglhgxxönv

its the last they should.....

hes right

i want the crahn glove, the moveon, the PP resistor chip and another crahn glove plz

kthnxbye

MrChumble
06-10-04, 18:34
This is a minor bug, not the end of the world. At least they've fixed it now. What's 3 hrs lost in a game most of you have played for over a year? Do you not think you're over-reacting just the tiniest little bit?

Glok
06-10-04, 18:35
This is a minor bug, not the end of the world. At least they've fixed it now. What's 3 hrs lost in a game most of you have played for over a year? Do you not think you're over-reacting just the tiniest little bit?Somehow my forum title makes sense here... :D

Kopaka
06-10-04, 18:35
over a year ?

its been 1 week since nc2 is out mate.. nc2 is NOT nc1.

deac
06-10-04, 18:39
This is a minor bug, not the end of the world. At least they've fixed it now. What's 3 hrs lost in a game most of you have played for over a year? Do you not think you're over-reacting just the tiniest little bit?

WELL I WAS ON MY LAST MISSON FOR PP AGAIN!"#"!¤!"¤!"¤!"#"!"¤!#¤"##"¤"¤"¤"#¤"# thats 4 FUCKED UP EPIC RUNS AGAIN

as a side note : i hate the epics more than kk (or maybe thats why i hate kk o_O )

jini
06-10-04, 18:42
Somehow my forum title makes sense here... :D
Nice one glok really nice :)

As for those that do those "what did we lost or overreacting" claims, I just have to say that NO we are under reacting, simply because now its just 16 of whatever you working on hrs. But at a later time it will be more so ...

Anna
06-10-04, 18:42
lets all ...

KOS FA !

Znurf
06-10-04, 18:44
worst part is ... its going to happen again - what are the chances they actually fixed the problem...

Very small! They should shut Neocron down, create a new closed beta, and have people play for free, cause there is no diffrence between this and the beta, they release like a ton of patches, but still there is so much left, when the game is released, there should only be small and harmless bugs left, not bugs that crash the server, the database and every player on the server... Thats like some pre-beta shit...

And i bet those german admins are just fixing their own servers, since Terra is working like shit and those other servers works like they should, whats up with that? You got diffrent people programmers working on diffrent servers? If so, fire those that handle the terra server and get some new ppl, cause this is just crap!

This time i didnt lose anything in the game, but im still upset about all these rollbacks!

And as someone said, how the HELL can "a few turrets" fuck up the entire server and all the data on it? You must have some SERIOUS bugs and errors if thats even POSSIBLE... I still say, close the game down, take it back to closed beta status, and then in a couple of years, when you fixed the game so its playable, then release it... Not only do the servers crash once a day, its laggy as hell too, you get syncronizing bugs, fatal errors and people that disapear right infront of you, i mean, OMG?

LaZyBoY
06-10-04, 18:45
WOAH CAN I GET MY FUCKING EPIC GLOVE THEN FUCK I DID IT A FUCKING 2ND TIME NOW A FUCKING 3rd....

im going to cry if i dont get my glove. O_o :wtf: :(

MrChumble
06-10-04, 18:47
over a year ?

its been 1 week since nc2 is out mate.. nc2 is NOT nc1.
Yes it is. As KK have said on a couple of occasions the NC2 name is for marketing purposes. NC2 is a patch to NC1. A big patch that changes a lot of things and adds a lot of new content, but it's still a patch.

I certainly didn't level a ppu, a hybrid, a tank, 3 spies and an apu since NC2 started :D

3 hrs lost time is irritating, but as bugs go it's not all that bad, and now they've fixed it so all is good again.

Kopaka
06-10-04, 18:48
shove the turrets up ur ass >_< !!!

deac
06-10-04, 18:49
yea they fixed it soo good that the server is going down again :mad: :mad:

jini
06-10-04, 18:50
[QUOTE=Znurf]Very small! They should shut Neocron down, create a new closed beta, and have people play for free, cause there is no diffrence between this and the beta, they release like a ton of patches, but still there is so much left, when the game is released, there should only be small and harmless bugs left, not bugs that crash the server, the database and every player on the server... Thats like some pre-beta shit...
QUOTE]
What ton of patches??
I would say its all coming from one normal patch cut into smaller pieces and patching every day or so. This is beta for sure.

Glok
06-10-04, 18:51
yea they fixed it soo good that the server is going down again :mad: :mad:I noticed when I tried to log in just now... any reason given?

/me hopes like mad for a more recent character snapshot... :o

eprodigy
06-10-04, 18:53
The Servers are down again because a new bug affecting all Epic Runs has to be fixed. This shouldn't take long, thanks for your patience.

according to launcher.. yay another bug.. wonder if its related to the fact my faction hq conversation window was blank when i tried to do the epic a few min ago...

Smoke
06-10-04, 18:55
best think KK can do is :

Rolback to neocron 1 lol
and we will rollback our minds to and forget that neocron 2 ever existed lol

I'm convinced now that i go na make a few months holydays from neocron lol this sucks.

Dribble Joy
06-10-04, 18:56
All MMORPGs are in a constant state of 'beta'.
They are constantly being worked on, saying that patches = not ready is daft.

solling
06-10-04, 18:59

its the fact it happened yestoday and again today and peops doing epics wich they prolly dont before did em again and again and now have to again

ist the fact that this shows that u cant trust KK to do anything right

i hope we get the epic items that we completed dont really wanna do the pp epic again :(

and lazy u got the glove before 3 so dont worry ull have it

MrChumble
06-10-04, 19:00
Fixing bugs = good. Talk about a catch22...can you imagine the whining if they didn't fix the bugs? (cough sig ahem). Never ever will I criticise KK for a proper bug fix (note proper, brick walls do not count).

@solling

The rollback yesterday was unavoidable. KK didn't know about the bug until it happened, then they had to do a rollback to fix it.

Anyone who then went an did the epic again, knowing there was this bug affecting the servers, has to share some responsibility with KK. It was likely that the bug would strike again before KK got the server patched. I'm just impressed they fixed it so quickly, by KK standards it was practically in the blink of an eye.

Snook
06-10-04, 19:03
This is honestly becoming a joke
was half way throught the damn proto epic and have to do that again. thanks god i didnt finnish it, id be well pissed

i feel sorry for ppl like sentinel who will have to do their crahn one for a 3rd fcuking time

gd to see nothing ever changes LOL

Snook
06-10-04, 19:07
granted KK are doing a good job fixing bugs and we would complain more if they were still there

but rolling back it still gets anoying
and i have to admit it cant be helped

Chaplin
06-10-04, 19:08
And what kind of compensation will KK give us?

As compensation you will receive the next add-on IRATA3 as a FREE DOWNLOAD!!!
It will be ready in six month from now... :rolleyes:

msdong
06-10-04, 19:16

NO.

i dont lost money but a freakin epic run. i need to run all over NC outzone again as a TG. i need to search vor a CA victim 5 hours again i need to make all the missions i done again to reach 40 next symp, not that stupid aggy misions that u doo in 1 min. i need to construct a complete set of VHC components and componentparts again. i need to earn the money for that again. and im not a Big bad tank with all rares or whatever.
the 2 rollbacks hurt me because im not rich. i dont have a million.

Superbron
06-10-04, 20:38
Because of the FA turrets a rollback was needed? :confused: I don't quite get the logic. o_O

Seven
06-10-04, 23:24
Because of the FA turrets a rollback was needed? :confused: I don't quite get the logic. o_O

LOL, I can't wait for the next one...

"Someone put a tree in their apartment and doesn't like how it looks there, since they cannot afford a removal tool we will have to unfortunately rollback the server, we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused"