View Full Version : Skill Manager (Beta)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AlphaGremlin
06-10-04, 14:13
I was bored, and seeing as I'm currently starving myself from Neocron until my Exams are over (because then I'd get NO work done) I decided to load up VB and make myself a Skill Manager.
Current and Planned features that may be of interest include:

Import and Export Characters to/from XML
Print out "Character Cards" for your Character
Experimental Statistics Calculations (based on the Skills Guide and neocron.ems.ru)
An Icon I should be shot for

The XML resources are compressed using a little DLL I have, or else it'd be a single executable. It doesn't require Neocron installed at all.
I compiled it in VB5, since it makes smaller files and is more compatible. If anyone has problems with the Common Controls, I'll see what I can do about making my own Tab Control for it, rather than adding a 1mb file!
Have fun! It's not complete just yet (you can save characters, but not load them) and many of the descriptions aren't finished. I'm mainly interested whether anyone would be interested in using it.

Download here (http://home.iprimus.com.au/chandaffs/downloads/neoskiller.rar)
AlphaGremlin

Morganth
06-10-04, 14:18
I would be interested in using it if I didn't already use Smoker's Skillmanager. However if all the info (armour, imps, drugs etc) could be modified through XML sheets then I think it would be as good, if not better than Smoker's Skillmanager V2 which is supposed to have thee features.

JustIn_Case
06-10-04, 14:25
So how do i choose implants???

AlphaGremlin
06-10-04, 14:27
You choose Implants with style at the moment (as in, it's not complete)

Here's a sample XML sheet for a Character. I need to get the names and stuff all sorted out, but it shouldn't change much from this.

<Character Class="PSI Monk">
<Base Name="Intelligence" Value="1">
<Skill Name="HCK" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="BRT" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="PSU" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="WEP" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="CST" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="RES" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="IMP" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="WPW" Points="0"/>
</Base>
<Base Name="Strength" Value="1">
<Skill Name="M-C" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="H-C" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="TRA" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="FOR" Points="0"/>
</Base>
<Base Name="Constitution" Value="1">
<Skill Name="ATL" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="HLT" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="END" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="FIR" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="ENR" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="XRR" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="POR" Points="0"/>
</Base>
<Base Name="Dexterity" Value="1">
<Skill Name="P-C" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="R-C" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="T-C" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="VHC" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="AGL" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="REP" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="REC" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="RCL" Points="0"/>
</Base>
<Base Name="PSI" Value="1">
<Skill Name="PPU" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="APU" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="MST" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="PPW" Points="0"/>
<Skill Name="PSR" Points="0"/>
</Base>
</Character>

AlphaGremlin

JustIn_Case
06-10-04, 14:35
Looking forward to the complete version !

One thing that annoys me with Smokers (and yours) version is that i cant type skill values. I have to click the "+" button and use Enter until i reach the desired skill value. Just i small thing, but still annoys me ;)

AlphaGremlin
06-10-04, 14:40
Yeah... originally I did it that way because it was simply easier... but I've made some changes to the code since then, and it shouldn't be a problem to make them edit boxes :)

With the Implants, I have to add them all into the XML Resources. I'm currently just ripping them from Skill Manager Advance (which looks to be powered by the competition, er... let's just ignore that...) and using Regular Expressions to convert it all into XML, but it takes a while.

Edit: Done, the boxes are now Editable. Entering a Skill that's too high will bring it down to the maximum amount, and leave you with the remaining points. Download is updated to reflect this.

AlphaGremlin

Capt. Rik
06-10-04, 15:25
To get it noticed, chuck a link to the download and maybe this thread into your siggy ;)

Shinto
06-10-04, 16:11
To get it noticed, chuck a link to the download and maybe this thread into your siggy ;)........then start power posting :lol:

james_finn
06-10-04, 16:14
ok i get a run time error..... :lol:

it says:

Runtime Error "339":

Compnent 'mscomctl.ocx' not correctly registered. File is missing or invalid.

Delphi

AlphaGremlin
06-10-04, 16:16
lol. Nothing like advertising, eh?

I've now got a 75k resource file of all the items in the Skill Manager I'm leeching off, that compresses down to 7k in the program itself! Ahhh, what would I do without regular expressions? Probably have a very sore hand.

You can see the item list now for each of the Inventory Slots. Simply clicking on "(Empty)" will open a list for you to select from. I would have them all lists, but it messes up the Print Card feature, so they disappear after you click off them.

AlphaGremlin

james_finn
06-10-04, 16:19
no help on how to fix my problem?

Delphi

JustIn_Case
06-10-04, 16:21
Load char = Subscript out of range error (if err.number = 9 then msgbox "Buggers")

AlphaGremlin
06-10-04, 16:22
ok i get a run time error..... :lol:
it says:

Runtime Error "339":

Compnent 'mscomctl.ocx' not correctly registered. File is missing or invalid.
Yeah, I thought this would happen. You need the VB6 runtime to run it.
You can get it from the Microsoft site, or grab the file you need (just throw it in with the program, it should work) from here (http://home.iprimus.com.au/chandaffs/downloads/mscomctl.rar) (426kb)

I'll put in an error handler thingy to give some more friendly instructions for this error in the future :)

The Load Char feature is something I'm working on at the moment. Forgot I was playing with it when I uploaded, so yeah... it doesn't work :p

Edit: You can only select the Implant from the list at the moment, it isn't saved.
AlphaGremlin

JustIn_Case
06-10-04, 16:23
When selecting a new implant they all go back to "empty"

james_finn
06-10-04, 16:32
yeah was just going to post that

I do like the feel of the interface, its very plain and i like that! The names in the top left corner dont change for your character i.e. it doesnt say monk,

P.S. post on here when the next update is out, im very interested in testing this for you!

Delphi

Capt. Rik
06-10-04, 16:38
........then start power posting :lol:

heh, he's only about 9000 posts behind QuantumDelta :lol:

AlphaGremlin
06-10-04, 17:18
Well then, I've got a lot of work to do! :p

It took a little tweaking, but the stupid Implant Combo Box works okay now. I hope it's not too fiddly. You can set up implants now, and they're saved to the XML. Eventually I'll put in a Save As box, but for now it just wacks it in Char.xml in the current directory (usually the same as the program)

Here's a preview of the save data for each slot:

<Slot Name="Brain Chip" Item="PSI Core CPU"/>
<Slot Name="Glove" Item="Crahn Power Gauntlet"/>

Updated program has been uploaded.

AlphaGremlin

AlphaGremlin
06-10-04, 18:03
Well, I don't know how reliable it is, but Load and Save now work, and your Inventory is restored correctly. Now comes the possibly hard part... get them to reflect in the Skills Card!

Character card can be edited now: the fields text boxes you can type into.

Made the window slightly larger, and shortened a few PA names (they didn't fit into the card)

Question: If I can, should I make the inventory lists be filtered by items you can actually use? I'll need to add in Requirements data for each of them though, which (while possible) will be time-consuming.
AlphaGremlin

whifix
06-10-04, 19:01
I double click on it and it doesn't work. Nothing runs, comes up or stays is starts runing according to taskmgr.

Killfly
06-10-04, 19:11
Looking good so far :) I like the interface too... Only problem I've seen so far is that when you select a brain implant the related skill bonuses aren't added to your stats...

Keep up the good work :)

AlphaGremlin
06-10-04, 19:11
Looks like I went overboard on the error handler. Get the latest version from the link in my signature (just uploaded it now) and it'll either go away, or tell you what's wrong.

I'm working on the implants reflecting in the skills card right now.
AlphaGremlin

whifix
06-10-04, 19:32
An error 50003 has occured in NeoSkiller.
Unexpected error

Please report this error to AlphaGremlin@gmail.com or vid the Neocron Forum :p

AlphaGremlin
06-10-04, 19:46
Well... that's not an expected error! :p Literally I have no idea what could be causing it, except maybe the resource management code?

The latest version creates a nice log file for you. See how it goes with that
AlphaGremlin

whifix
06-10-04, 19:56
NeoSkiller.log
------ 8< -------------- 8< ---------

1:38:31.490> Log started
1:38:31.509> Temp File: C:\DOCUME~1\XXXXXX\LOCALS~1\Temp\DATA.TMP
1:38:31.519> DataFile Extraction Okay
1:38:31.520> Resources Found in DataFile
1:38:31.521> Resources Extracted Okay
1:38:31.525> DataFile Closed
1:38:31.617> XML parsed Okay, beginning loading
1:38:31.894> Starting Main Interface
1:38:31.900> Error 50003. Description Follows:
Unexpected error

naimex
06-10-04, 20:00
MIRRORED :

Mirror 1 - RAR File (http://www.naimex.dk/neoskiller.rar)

Mirror 1 - ZIP File (http://www.naimex.dk/neoskiller.zip)

AlphaGremlin
06-10-04, 20:07
Okay, so it's a problem with the interface code?!
I've put some more logging into the code and changed the compile settings a touch. See how it goes.

Do you have MSN or something, whifix? PM me
AlphaGremlin

AlphaGremlin
06-10-04, 20:12
lol. Thanks Naimex for the mirror! :) Constructive criticism and suggestions are welcome from all.
AlphaGremlin

naimex
06-10-04, 20:46
Okay, so it's a problem with the interface code?!
I've put some more logging into the code and changed the compile settings a touch. See how it goes.

Do you have MSN or something, whifix? PM me
AlphaGremlin

files updated.

AlphaGremlin
07-10-04, 08:01
Program Updated! Grab the latest version.
Fixed a whole host of bugs in the resource code. Should hopefully fix any "Bad DLL Convention" or "Unexpected Error" messages.
Inventory items are now reflected in the Skills Card! The Inventory Combo autocompletes when you type into it, and will update the Skills Card when you scroll through it.
Selecting the text box for a skill will now display the actual amount of points, before any implant calculations are done.

Drugs are next on my list of tasks, and then start on the Statistics Card.
AlphaGremlin

naimex
07-10-04, 09:07
argh your download is down so i cant update my mirror..

QuakCow
07-10-04, 09:17
error 50003 has struck again :confused:

MaGn0lia
07-10-04, 11:19
Run-time error '13' type mismatch

Could you put an error log creator for the next version so debugging is easier.
I really like the fact that someone is doing active work on a skillmanager, I hope you won't stop updating it like others have :)

naimex
07-10-04, 11:43
updated mirror files.

mishkin
07-10-04, 11:54
Run-time error '13' type mismatch

I get that too... immediately when I try to launch it :)

naimex
07-10-04, 12:01
only error i get is when i try to change the mainskill value.

its a 438 object doesnt support property or method

EDIT : please make sure you have all the .ocx and msvbm 6.0 or something file..

it seems like you need those to run the program at all..

might be why you cant even run it.. but its only a guess..

AlphaGremlin
07-10-04, 12:50
First thing you need to do is get the version I just uploaded (link in my signature). I've beefed up the error stuff, so hopefully we'll catch it with this, but it made the program a touch larger though :(
It'll give you a critical (big red stop) message that allows you to potentially continue past the error. Any time you see it, it'll log the error to the NeoSkiller.log file. If you see the runtime error (yellow exclamation), then I'll have to put the error checking in almost everything, which will be a pain.
A description of what you were doing at the time will be useful, too.

AlphaGremlin

J. Folsom
07-10-04, 12:51
FREs are not just limited to Neocron!

Uhh...

I mean, nice program. Haven't had any problems myself.

AlphaGremlin
07-10-04, 12:53
lol! Yeah, I was going to make it say "Fatal Runtime Error... OH NO!" but I decided not to :p

One bug I've found myself is that if you enter say 999999999999999 into the skill list, it has an overflow :D

Edit: Oh, and I added in a "Sex" field on the Character Card. I'm just waiting until someone posts a pic with "Drom" in the field :p

AlphaGremlin

naimex
07-10-04, 12:55
updated.

cMz
07-10-04, 14:02
AlphaGremlin you should make your compiler give the program a new incremental versionnumber each time you make a new exe-file.

All the different versions I have seen has been no 1.0.0.0. The only way to see if there might be a change is to check filesize.

AlphaGremlin
07-10-04, 14:17
Good idea. It's doing that now, and the version will be displayed in the bottom right of the window. New version uploaded, which also fixes the "Error 0 has occured" problem :p

I'm starting on the statistics, and in order to get them as accurate as possible, I'd like people to send in their character(s) stats! Please use Private Message (http://forum.neocron.com/private.php?do=newpm&userid=15221) so as not to fill the thread up. And yes, I know the currently calculated ones in NeoSkiller are horribly inaccurate.

Info needed:
Character Class
Health amount, with allocated CON and HLT points
Stamina amount, with allocated CON and END points
PSI amount, with allocated PSI, PSU, and PPW points
Transport amount, with allocated STR and TRA points

This info would be greatly appreciated! I'm also curious as to the Mod's position on this... am I allowed to collect this kind of statistics?
AlphaGremlin

Birkoff
07-10-04, 14:28
It does nothing.... the log says it runs perfectly but it does jack all :S

Any ideas? lol

AlphaGremlin
07-10-04, 15:29
Okay, I've hopefully fixed it so it now displays an error when it's missing mscomctl. I was unable to test it myself originally, as stupid Office would just go off and restore it for me!

Come on people, give me some stats!
AlphaGremlin

whifix
07-10-04, 18:41
Still no dice here on my laptop. At home it works fine though. The difference between these two machines is my home machine was a full Windows 2000 install whereas my laptop was a Windows 2000 upgrade from Windows 98. Could that be the reason?

"NeoSkiller failed to load. Most likely this is due to you missing required components. Please ensure you have mscomctl.ocx installed."

I have mscomctl.ocx installed in my system directory and it's registered with regsvr32. Here is a copy of the logs.

NeoSkiller.log
------ 8< ------
0:23:17.382> Log started
0:23:17.383> Temp File: C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DATA.TMP
0:23:17.393> DataFile Extraction Okay
0:23:17.395> Resources Found in DataFile
0:23:17.396> Resources Extracted Okay
0:23:17.401> DataFile Closed
0:23:17.509> XML parsed Okay, beginning loading
0:23:17.796> Resources Loaded Okay, testing...
0:23:17.806> Character Test Okay, loading Window...
0:23:17.806> Initialisation Okay
------ 8< ------

naimex
07-10-04, 18:42
Okay, I've hopefully fixed it so it now displays an error when it's missing mscomctl. I was unable to test it myself originally, as stupid Office would just go off and restore it for me!

Come on people, give me some stats!
AlphaGremlin

what kinda stats you want ???

btw, Iīve given up writing updated all the time, I will just update it as often as i notice youīve made a new...

so there might be some times where mine is a version or so behind if i havent noticed..

dont wanna get banned for repeatable spam with only a semi important purpose...

AlphaGremlin
07-10-04, 18:45
what kinda stats you want ???

I'm starting on the statistics, and in order to get them as accurate as possible, I'd like people to send in their character(s) stats! Please use Private Message (http://forum.neocron.com/private.php?do=newpm&userid=15221) so as not to fill the thread up. And yes, I know the currently calculated ones in NeoSkiller are horribly inaccurate.

Info needed:
Character Class
Health amount, with allocated CON and HLT points
Stamina amount, with allocated CON and END points
PSI amount, with allocated PSI, PSU, and PPW points
Transport amount, with allocated STR and TRA points

This info would be greatly appreciated!

These statistics! Again, thanks for the mirror, Naimex :)
AlphaGremlin

Edit: My own Character's statistics (as of NC1, which my account still works on)
Class: PSI Monk
Health: 318 - CON 48, HLT 85
Stamina: 119 - CON 48, END 25
PSI: 274 - PSI 92, PPW 85, PSU 130
Transport: 60.4 - STR 19, TRA 40

naimex
07-10-04, 19:30
Class: Spy
Health: 317 - CON 39, HLT 91
Stamina: 134 - CON 39, END 41
PSI: 90 - PSI 11, PPW 44, PSU 0
Transport: 114.1 - STR 37, TRA 94

Class: Spy or PE
Health: 77 - CON 3, HLT 10
Stamina: 80 - CON 3, END 0
PSI: 0 - PSI 1, PPW 0, PSU 0
Transport: 47.3 - STR 3, TRA 40

Class: Monk
Health: 74 - CON 1, HLT 10
Stamina: 80 - CON 1, END 0
PSI: 68 - PSI 5, PPW 25, PSU 40
Transport: 18.3 - STR 1, TRA 2

Class: PE
Health: 225 - CON 25, HLT 60
Stamina: 86 - CON 25, END 0
Transport: 51.3 - STR 21, TRA 25

Class: Tank
Health: 101 - CON 4, HLT 20
Stamina: 81 - CON 4, END 0
Transport: 20.9 - STR 6, TRA 0

Class: Spy or PE
Health: 77 - CON 3, HLT 10
Stamina: 80 - CON 3, END 0
Transport: 29.3 - STR 3, TRA 15

Class: Monk
Health: 213 - CON 25, HLT 55
Stamina: 86 - CON 25, END 0
PSI: 188 - PSI 63, PPW 52, PSU 119
Transport: 36 - STR 5, TRA 22

Health: 205 - CON 27, HLT 50
Stamina: 92 - CON 27, END 5
PSI: 61 - PSI 18, PPW 27, PSU 5
Transport: 91.6 - STR 35, TRA 65

Health: 181 - CON 12, HLT 50
Stamina: 83 - CON 12, END 0
Transport: 75.5 - STR 18, TRA 62

Health: 323 - CON 65, HLT 75
Stamina: 97 - CON 65, END 1
PSI: 71 - PSI 33, PPW 15, PSU 65
Transport: 128.4 - STR 41, TRA 91

Class: Tank
Health: 415 - CON 109, HLT 85
Stamina: 156 - CON 109, END 45
PSI: 43 - PSI 10, PPW 19, PSU 5
Transport: 120.1 - STR 124, TRA 13

athon
07-10-04, 19:45
Any chance you could use zip? All Windows XP users can open zips without using another program.

Athon Solo

naimex
07-10-04, 19:55
Any chance you could use zip? All Windows XP users can open zips without using another program.

Athon Solo

...i have a mirror in both rar and zip...

EDIT :

Just post links here again :

http://www.naimex.dk/neoskiller.rar
http://www.naimex.dk/neoskiller.zip

athon
07-10-04, 19:58
...i have a mirror in both rar and zip...

EDIT :

Just post links here again :

http://www.naimex.dk/neoskiller.rar
http://www.naimex.dk/neoskiller.zip
Thanks

Athon Solo

AlphaGremlin
07-10-04, 20:12
Awesome, Naimex! I've got the Transport calculation almost to the decimal point!
Strength - 124, Transport - 13
Actual Amount: 120.1
Calculated Amount: 119.9 :D

The Transport Influence is the inaccuracy. As transport goes up, so does the problem, as below:
Strength - 41, Transport - 91
Actual Amount: 128.4
Calculated Amount: 136.2!!

Still though, it's early days yet. Big thanks for the info, it's been really helpful with such a range of figures.
AlphaGremlin

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 07:08
Calculating all this is really taking me back to good old Maths Methods. I've got Stamina pretty close, but I'm working on changing my method, so that this process can go a bit faster and more accurately.

A broad range of PSI scores would be really useful, with all three influencing skills at varying levels (having a few where one of the skills is zero would be mega helpful, as working out three unknown variables is kinda hard :p )
AlphaGremlin

naimex
08-10-04, 07:28
A broad range of PSI scores would be really useful, with all three influencing skills at varying levels (having a few where one of the skills is zero would be mega helpful, as working out three unknown variables is kinda hard :p )
AlphaGremlin

No shit ?

:p

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 11:44
With enough figures to work from, it's possible to work out three. For example, if I have only two skills with numbers, and the third is 0, it doesn't count towards the final value and I can work out the ratio's of the first two, and from there, work out the third using the same process. :)

So far, I have Health working almost exactly up to the flip point. Not sure what the value is exactly though, somewhere around 110. Using the skills guide, I can calculate the other skill's flip point, assuming that the percentages it says are accurate. :rolleyes:

I've automated the process now for calculating below the flip, so it's just a matter of entering the figures and letting it go for a minute on my trusty old TI-83 calculator. If anyone tells you in maths that simultaneous linear equations will never be useful, they're wrong! :eek:

Big thanks to everyone who's donated their time to get these figures, and bigger thanks to the person who gave me the formulae for calculating them! :D
AlphaGremlin

JustIn_Case
08-10-04, 11:56
Hmm, cant run the latest version. Complains about mscomctl.ocx.
Havent had any problems with previous versions.
I have mscomctl.ocx and mscomct2.ocx on my comp.

---------------
3:25:22.539> Log started
3:25:22.539> Temp File: C:\WINNT\TEMP\DATA.TMP
3:25:22.540> DataFile Extraction Okay
3:25:22.540> Resources Found in DataFile
3:25:22.541> Resources Extracted Okay
3:25:22.542> DataFile Closed
3:25:22.576> XML parsed Okay, beginning loading
3:25:22.706> Resources Loaded Okay, testing...
3:25:22.707> Character Test Okay, loading Window...
3:25:22.708> Initialisation Okay
--------------

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 12:25
Hmm, cant run the latest version. Complains about mscomctl.ocx.
Havent had any problems with previous versions.
I have mscomctl.ocx and mscomct2.ocx on my comp.
You may be another victim of the "Unexpected Error" that keeps happening on some computers. I don't know what is causing it exactly, but I have a suspicion that it's the resource code causing the problem, even though I've gone over it perhaps a dozen times now.

The latest version will load the resource file from the folder where NeoSkiller is in. I havent included it in the archive, so I've attached it here (just remove the .log from the end). If it works, then I at least know where to look for the problem.

Note: The resource file included does not have the statistic calculation stuff in it. I'm not giving them away freely just yet, until I know KK's stance on the whole thing.

AlphaGremlin

MaGn0lia
08-10-04, 12:30
now we only need to class armor weight to the skillmanager to calculater the free space :D

But it is looking mighty good. Did lupus finish his new skill guide yet?

*downloadig skillmanager*

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 12:36
now we only need to class armor weight to the skillmanager to calculater the free space :D

But it is looking mighty good. Did lupus finish his new skill guide yet?

LOL. Damn, if I have the requirements for the items as well as their weight and stuff... I might as well make it DirectX and call it Neocron 3! :p

As far as I know, Lupus's skill guide hasn't been updated for NC2. I've contacted them now, to see whether what I'm doing with the Statistics could be classed as reverse engineering. I don't want to get busted for a hobby :o

Edit: Hmmm. Adding in free space would be as difficult as adding in another Statistic, and making each item influence it by a negative amount ;)
AlphaGremlin

JustIn_Case
08-10-04, 12:38
Adding the NeoSkiller.xml file to the same folder as the exe file didnt help. I got this in the error log:
-------------
4:6:22.256> Log started
4:6:22.420> Resources Loaded Okay, testing...
4:6:22.421> Character Test Okay, loading Window...
4:6:22.421> Initialisation Okay
-------------Ļ

Using
Neoskiller 1.0.0.4 7 Oct 2004, 23:17:32

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 12:43
That's not the latest one then... the version I uploaded before I posted in reply to you is 1.0.0.6 :)
AlphaGremlin

JustIn_Case
08-10-04, 12:46
Ok, ill redownload it then...
But the rar file i downloaded has this date and time:
8 oct 2004, 11:47:24

JustIn_Case
08-10-04, 12:48
Using 1.0.0.6:

---------------
4:20:10.848> Log started
4:20:11.14> Resources Loaded Okay, testing...
4:20:11.15> Character Test Okay, loading Window...
4:20:11.15> Initialisation Okay
---------------

Still dont like me... :(

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 12:50
Damn it! Then I have no idea what's causing it... some quirk of VB, I guess. I'll spend a while making my own little tab control to use, and see if ditching mscomctl.ocx works :)

Edit: Damn, it could take a bit longer than that. I just realised I'm using the Image Combo from mscomctl, and the status bar! Damn VB component hell! :mad:
AlphaGremlin

J. Folsom
08-10-04, 12:50
Note: The resource file included does not have the statistic calculation stuff in it. I'm not giving them away freely just yet, until I know KK's stance on the whole thing.

AlphaGremlinCould that also be the cause of the widely inaccurate health, stamina, etc. I'm getting?

I mean, I'm sure I don't have 10000 health on my spy. (I'd post the real statistics, but at work it's rather hard for me to log in to check)

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 12:55
Could that also be the cause of the widely inaccurate health, stamina, etc. I'm getting?

I mean, I'm sure I don't have 10000 health on my spy. (I'd post the real statistics, but at work it's rather hard for me to log in to check)
What the hell! What are the base figures that you entered for CON and HLT into the program?
And no, it couldn't cause that. When you have the xml file it just displays zero for the stats.

Edit: Scratch that, what are the skills you put in for STR, CON, PSI, and subskills END, HLT, PSU PPW and TRA? The highest I could get a fully capped spy in it is 550 health :p
AlphaGremlin

J. Folsom
08-10-04, 13:00
What the hell! What are the base figures that you entered for CON and HLT into the program?
And no, it couldn't cause that. When you have the xml file it just displays zero for the stats.
AlphaGremlin
Here's a screenshot of what I have currently for constitution.
Also, checked out, when creating a new character the values are correct.

Those are also the only changed values from their base at the moment.

Don't think it's relevant in this case, but the log:

3:20:35.856> Log started
3:20:35.856> Temp File: C:\DOCUME~1\VANHEU~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DATA.TMP
3:20:35.856> DataFile Extraction Okay
3:20:35.856> Resources Found in DataFile
3:20:35.866> Resources Extracted Okay
3:20:35.866> DataFile Closed
3:20:35.966> XML parsed Okay, beginning loading
3:20:36.416> Resources Loaded Okay, testing...
3:20:36.416> Character Test Okay, loading Window...
3:20:36.426> Initialisation Okay
3:20:36.617> Interface Loaded Okay, displaying
3:25:16.699> Log ended

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 13:07
Wow! That's... strange! Gimme a minute, and I'll make it give you a break-down of the calculation.

Edit: Done. Double-Clicking on the figure will give you a breakdown of each skills contribution to the final value.
AlphaGremlin

Bugs Gunny
08-10-04, 13:24
If you can get resists right you are a god.

It will involve a LOT of testing with different weapons.

J. Folsom
08-10-04, 13:29
Edit: Done. Double-Clicking on the figure will give you a breakdown of each skills contribution to the final value.
AlphaGremlin

Calculation Breakdown

Starting Value: 50
HLT gives 11290,9 points
CON gives 432 points

Calculation Breakdown

Starting Value: 80
END gives 0 points
CON gives 675 points

I suspect it's a problem with language differences actually. With my language settings the comma get's used to mark decimals, instead of the dot used in English.

EDIT: Just as an experiment, changed my local settings so it used the English system. This fixes the problem.

JustIn_Case
08-10-04, 13:43
Cant you just add your mscomctl.ocx to the .rar file?
If i remeber it all right the component load order is:

1. Check if ocx/dll resides in same folder as program file.
2. Check if ocx/dll is registered in CLASSES_ROOT.
3. Check if ocx/dll is located in System32 folder.

So if i put your mscomctl.ocx in the same folder as the exe
i think it will work.

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 13:46
I've already uploaded it, here (http://home.iprimus.com.au/chandaffs/downloads/mscomctl.rar) .
I'm working on removing the dependency, as well as adding in an "Item Browser" which will allow you to see all the available items with their stats beside them, and let you throw them into a slot from there.
AlphaGremlin

JustIn_Case
08-10-04, 13:53
Still no luck...not even registering the mscomctl.ocx helps.
Sure your not using mstabctl?
Strange thing is that versions previous to 1.0.0.4 worked just fine for me.

naimex
08-10-04, 14:27
i put the mscom thing in the zip thingy, and updated both rar and zip to latest version..

So now everything is up to date : and both rar and zip has the ms thing thing file in the rar/zip in same format as the file..

so the rar has the rar in it and the zip has the zip in it..

MaGn0lia
08-10-04, 14:35
If you make a monk, he magically has 10k force resist, attack me with rocketlauncher now, muahahaha!!

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 14:38
Thanks Naimex, but I'm getting rid of the dependency on mscomctl.ocx. Shouldn't be much longer :)

And yes, I'm well aware that the resistances are wrong. They were just me playing around.
AlphaGremlin

Bugs Gunny
08-10-04, 14:42
Hehehe....

Gremlin, include patchnotes will ya :-)

"patch notes 24.... fixed resist values"

"patch notes 25.... rerolled resist values due to an error not on our side"

"patch notes 26.... fixed data lost from rerolling to corrupt files"

"patch notes 27.... i'm sorry the program no longer works, please wait for version 2.0"

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 15:15
By popular demand... Patch-notes 8 :p

- Made the Class Selection window a bit bigger, and changed the colour of the text box
- Added the Item Browser window. It's all nicely scrollable, but doesn't display the stats just yet.
- Removed the dependency on mscomctl.ocx.

The interface looks slightly different due to the changes, but unless you can't use a mouse, you shouldn't have any problems with it! :) Hopefully this will fix the "Unexpected Error" problem.
AlphaGremlin

Bugs Gunny
08-10-04, 15:26
Nice touch :"Hopefully this will fix the problem with ......"

I think KK should use this sentence in their patchnotes :-)

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 15:28
Well, I really don't have that much idea of what's causing it, so I'm not holding my breath :p And yeah, all too often you see "problem fixed" and then it's still there... so I'm just covering my arse here :D
AlphaGremlin

MaGn0lia
08-10-04, 15:33
Now that we have patchnotes can we start whining about fixing certain issues, and flaming how incompetent you are? Nah, just kiddin, and if anyone so much as says one bad word about this, I'll phone you, come out of your phone, I'll set your ass on fire, roast some marshmallows, kill your grandchildren in the future and unscrew all screws in your home.

Bugs Gunny
08-10-04, 15:35
Pretty convincing toughtalk.

I would change on thing though:

"I'll come screw you with all the screws i can find in your house, adn i'll use roasted marshmallows as lubricant"

How's that on a 0-10 scale of sick?

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 15:37
Pretty convincing toughtalk.

I would change on thing though:

"I'll come screw you with all the screws i can find in your house, adn i'll use roasted marshmallows as lubricant"

How's that on a 0-10 scale of sick?
Obligatory Penny-Arcade quote:
On a scale of 1 to 10, I am so drunk!

Oh, and yes, that's pretty screwed up :p
AlphaGremlin

JustIn_Case
08-10-04, 15:46
Using version 1.0.0.8
Still can't launch.
------------------
2:52:32.927> Log started
2:52:33.93> Resources Loaded Okay, testing...
2:52:33.94> Character Test Okay, loading Window...
2:52:33.94> Window Initialisation Okay, loading...
------------------

Please upload your .vbp file, i might find what its missing.

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 16:09
Okay... well, I uploaded a new version. Changed a couple of things on the form, changed the compile to "optimise for fast" and removed the reference to stdole.tlb. I'm really at a loss as to what's causing this, now!

You want the source code for it, JustIn_Case?
AlphaGremlin

JustIn_Case
08-10-04, 16:15
No, i dont want the source code, just want to read the .vbp file in notepad so i can check what ocx/dlls its refering to.

JustIn_Case
08-10-04, 16:16
lol at the new error message in version 1.0.0.10 :lol:

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 16:18
heh. Not sure how it'll help. It's only refering to the MSXML file, and if you've gotten that far, it's already been successfully loaded.

:D I thought I should change the error message, since mscomctl.ocx isn't the problem
AlphaGremlin

Type=Exe
Reference=*\G{D63E0CE2-A0A2-11D0-9C02-00C04FC99C8E}#2.0#0#C:\WINXP\System32\msxml.dll#Microsoft XML, version 2.0
Class=clsSkill; clsSkill.cls
Module=modSkill; modSkill.bas
Class=clsStat; clsAttrib.cls
Form=frmSkill.frm
Class=clsClass; clsClass.cls
Class=clsInf; clsInf.cls
Module=modXML; modXML.bas
Class=clsItem; clsItem.cls
Form=frmClass.frm
Class=clsSlot; clsSlot.cls
Class=clsBase; clsBase.cls
Class=clsChar; clsChar.cls
Class=clsCharSkill; clsCharSkill.cls
Class=clsCharSlot; clsCharSlot.cls
Class=clsCharBase; clsCharBase.cls
Module=Global; Global.bas
Form=frmBrowse.frm
ResFile32="NeoSkiller.RES"
IconForm="frmSkill"
Startup="Sub Main"
HelpFile=""
Title="NeoSkiller"
ExeName32="NeoSkiller.exe"
Command32=""
Name="NeoSkiller"
HelpContextID="0"
Description="Neocron Skill Manager"
CompatibleMode="0"
MajorVer=1
MinorVer=0
RevisionVer=11
AutoIncrementVer=1
ServerSupportFiles=0
VersionComments="Neocron"
VersionCompanyName="Proximity Interactive"
VersionFileDescription="Neocron Skill Manager"
VersionLegalCopyright="Freeware!"
VersionProductName="NeoSkiller"
CompilationType=0
OptimizationType=0
FavorPentiumPro(tm)=0
CodeViewDebugInfo=0
NoAliasing=0
BoundsCheck=0
OverflowCheck=0
FlPointCheck=0
FDIVCheck=0
UnroundedFP=0
StartMode=0
Unattended=0
Retained=0
ThreadPerObject=0
MaxNumberOfThreads=1
DebugStartupOption=0

Frotto
08-10-04, 16:20
how'd you get .10? the link still refers to .7

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 16:21
how'd you get .10? the link still refers to .7
Not since about 2 minutes ago, mate :)

BTW, I don't host the mirror. Get the one that's linked in my sig, the first "NeoSkiller" one.
AlphaGremlin

JustIn_Case
08-10-04, 16:24
Well, my msxml.dll has version 8.0.6730.0 and date 2002-07-12.

Proxy.dll 1.1.0.0

I have NeoSkiller.xml in the same folder as the exe.

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 16:28
Well, my msxml.dll has version 8.0.6730.0 and date 2002-07-12.

Proxy.dll 1.1.0.0
Well, that's the same as my version, according to explorer. The date is when you installed Windows (mine says 23-08-2001, 3 years without reinstalling, go XP!)

I can try compiling it with VB5... I'm willing to try anything right now :mad:

Edit: Done, program recompiled with Visual Basic 5, instead of 6. It'll probably run on a fresh install of Windows 95 now!
AlphaGremlin

JustIn_Case
08-10-04, 16:38
I can try compiling it with VB5... I'm willing to try anything right now :mad:
AlphaGremlin

Hm, well, strange thing is that i could use versions up to 1.0.0.4, what changed with version 1.0.0.4?
Maybe a VB5 compile would work...but the best thing would be an .NET compile, unfortunatly its not that simple to port the code to VB.NET.

Edit: Really hate to post this...but the VB5 compile didnt solve it....

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 16:41
Hm, well, strange thing is that i could use versions up to 1.0.0.4, what changed with version 1.0.0.4?
Maybe a VB5 compile would work...but the best thing would be an .NET compile, unfortunatly its not that simple to port the code to VB.NET.
What changed... I can't remember! Do you still have version 1.0.0.4 somewhere?
I don't have VB.NET either, which could be another problem. I don't think people really want the .NET Framework just for a Skill Manager. I like my apps to run without dependencies. Requiring IE 5+ for MSXML seems a fair trade for how much flexibility it adds.

Edit: This is really pissing me off... do you still get the error message? The only thing I can think of that might have changed around then was the Inventry window... but people have been getting this problem right from the word Go :(
AlphaGremlin

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 16:51
I hope I'm not killing your download limit or anything with this :)
Okay, I changed it so that VB will attempt to load the form before anything else happens. This may have the bad effect of not making any error occur at all, but it's worth a shot.
AlphaGremlin

Frotto
08-10-04, 17:11
I'm having the same problem he is... and i'm getting nothing but an unexpected error off this one...

naimex
08-10-04, 17:14
updated and removed the mscom thingy thing from the files again.

J. Folsom
08-10-04, 17:20
The insane stats bug I reported earlier is still there in the latest version (1.0.12).

As I said before, it's caused by the program using your local settings for the decimal sign. As some countries don't use a dot as a decimal sign, the program reads them as whole number, causing these incredibly crazy high values.

Frotto
08-10-04, 17:20
what version are we on now... i lost track. I'm using .12 and still an unexpected error

naimex
08-10-04, 17:22
what version are we on now... i lost track. I'm using .12 and still an unexpected error

still .12 if we are to trust the version number..

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 17:22
The number is stored as a floating point, the comma only appears when it's converted to a string to be displayed. I sincerely doubt it has anything to do with your international settings.

I'm working as best as I can on the unexplained error, and I'm just as confused and frustrated by it as you guys are!
AlphaGremlin

J. Folsom
08-10-04, 17:23
The number is stored as a floating point, the comma only appears when it's converted to a string to be displayed. I sincerely doubt it has anything to do with your international settings.
I'm quite sure it has, as the problem goes away when I change my international settings to use the dot as a decimal sign. ;)

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 17:32
Yet more strange problems... I can't find anywhere where the value is converted to a string and then back to a number! And I don't get this problem when I set my international settings to use a comma :(

I'm starting to feel a bit like you-know-who, here. All these untraceable bugs... :mad:
AlphaGremlin

Frotto
08-10-04, 17:55
OOH OOH OOH... I know... *raises hand*

is it <censored> ???

Yeah i know it is....

:angel:

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 17:57
*sighs, calmly pulls out a Perfect Devils Grace and runs Frotto through with it*
Ph34r the unnerfed Melee Tank!

AlphaGremlin

naimex
08-10-04, 17:58
Yet more strange problems... I can't find anywhere where the value is converted to a string and then back to a number! And I don't get this problem when I set my international settings to use a comma :(

I'm starting to feel a bit like you-know-who, here. All these untraceable bugs... :mad:
AlphaGremlin

just to ask.. could you send me the source code ??

i dont know jack about coding in it..

but iīd like to look at it..

(Iīve seen smokers.. that didnīt make any sense)

but just in case i get lucky and find the error...

if nothing else.. i can always go compare..

Frotto
08-10-04, 17:59
hey alpha... your sig is wrong... in the beginning there wasn't even a grimlin... it was a maguay or however you spell it... then the little bugger got wet and there were like 20 of the friggin things... so where are your homies at?

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 18:03
As I remember, it turned into a single gremlin to begin with... the multiplying only came later :p
AlphaGremlin

Frotto
08-10-04, 18:07
actually i believe you are correct.... i was thinking of in the 2nd one when he got really wet. anyways, my appologies your sig is correct.

naimex
08-10-04, 18:08
ive added the mirror links to the neocron.org download section..

but they are broken atm, since daxxy had a fixed location for downloads.. ive asked him to make the download link dynamic so the remote linking works.. so they arent working downloads until he gets it fixed..

naimex
08-10-04, 18:19
Gremlin....

Where are your item files ?

I canīt see any items at all..

Canīt see any false commands or wrong commands...

dont have the brain capacity to look for broken values or none specified variables..

So youīre right... canīt see anything wrong with it..

AlphaGremlin
08-10-04, 18:22
The definitions for all the Items are in NeoSkiller.xml.

I'm playing with the Item Browser at the moment, since I have no idea what's up with that error. I'll keep trying with it though.

Edit: I'm going to sleep. Cya guys in about 10 hours :)
AlphaGremlin

StryfeX
08-10-04, 18:50
-- Duranium boots aren't in the armor choices.
-- Reset button for skills doesn't reset them.
-- No Camo PAs.

-- Would be cool to see stat changes realtime. (I.E. - Use onchange (I think that's the method. Been a while since I've done real VB programming. Please ignore me if I'm being an ignoramus. :p))

--Stryfe

AlphaGremlin
09-10-04, 05:55
StryfeX:
Statistics changes are already reflected real-time. You can use the wheel and scroll through the Inventory list to watch them change :)
I need the statistics for the missing items (Camo PA's, Duranium boots, anything else you've noticed) Anyone care to PM them to me?

Patchnotes 13 (Yes, I know I missed a few)

- Reset buttons now work :) Note: The button in the Character Card resets the entire character, not just that individual card.
- I've changed the icon for the application... quick question: does anyone who has the "unexpected error" run Windows XP? The icon may not have been valid on non-XP machines, and caused the error trying to display the window.
- The statistics bug on computers with different international settings may be due to VB not recognising the decimal point that's used in the resource file. It works correctly on my system (I've tested it converting strings with decimals into numbers, and it works) but I'm using a non-international conversion function now anyway. Hopefully it'll work.
- Enlarged the Item Browser window and added in code to display each items Attributes. Things like "AFOR" is "Armour Force Resist", which in the calculations are different from the STR-based "Force Resist".

Download has been updated.
AlphaGremlin

StryfeX
09-10-04, 06:46
When I said realtime, I was referring to when you put numbers in the skills and subskills. Currently it waits to update until it loses focus.

Camo PA has the same stats as the respective level 3 PA. (X-256 and M-256). I don't have access to the duranium boots stats right now, unfortunately.

I think I was going to say something else, but the forum ate my other post, and now I can't remember. :lol: (It just tried to eat it again! o_O)

--Stryfe

AlphaGremlin
09-10-04, 08:04
When I said realtime, I was referring to when you put numbers in the skills and subskills. Currently it waits to update until it loses focus.
Ahh, now I'm with you. It'll be in the next update :) It appears like there's a slight delay before the stats change, since the code had to go in the KeyUp event, but apart from that it's fine :) Also, it now doesn't crash if you type text into the field :p

Current bug: entering a lower base skill amount than free will magically slice off enough points from the next skill you click on, even if it suddenly becomes negative as a result ;)
AlphaGremlin

J. Folsom
09-10-04, 12:26
The decimal bug is indeed fixed now, great work. :D

Here's the stats on my two characters:

Name: John Folsom

Health: 246
CON: 38
HLT: 60

Stamina: 89
CON: 38
END: 0

PSI Pool: 68
PSI: 20
PSU: 4
PPW: 30

Max Load: 126.5
STR: 25
TRA: 108

-

Name: Jean Folsom

Health: 239
CON: 17
HLT: 72

Stamina: 89
CON: 17
END: 5

PSI Pool: 42
PSI: 13
PSU: 75
PPW: 2

Max Load: 85.9
STR: 29
TRA: 64

AlphaGremlin
09-10-04, 13:24
Sweet! Now I just have to find out whether the Unexpected Error has been fixed as well :)

Patchnotes 14
- Due to the varied languages of Neocron, I've added Language changing! XML code included below for English, so if anyone's willing to translate it, I'll be very grateful :)
- Added Duranium Boots - Thanks to MkVenner for the stats
- Statistics and Free Points are updated real-time when editing skill allocations. No need to click off the text-box anymore
- Base Skill is now verified to be valid before recalculations are done

If someone is willing to translate, the &amp; thing sets the shortcut key.

AlphaGremlin

<Language Name="English">
<Window Name="frmSkill">
<Title>NeoSkiller - No Character</Title>
<!-- Frame Titles -->
<Control Name="fraMan">Character Management</Control>
<Control Name="fraChar">Character Card</Control>
<Control Name="fraSkill">Skill Cards</Control>
<Control Name="fraStat">Statistic Cards</Control>
<Control Name="fraInv">Inventory Cards</Control>
<!-- Character Management Buttons -->
<Control Name="cmdNew">&amp;New</Control>
<Control Name="cmdLoad">&amp;Load</Control>
<Control Name="cmdSave">&amp;Save</Control>
<Control Name="cmdClose">&amp;Close</Control>
<Control Name="cmdPrintChar">Print Card</Control>
<Control Name="cmdPrintSkill">Print Card</Control>
<Control Name="cmdPrintStat">Print Card</Control>
<Control Name="cmdPrintInv">Print Card</Control>
<!-- Reset Card Buttons -->
<Control Name="cmdReset">&amp;Reset</Control>
<Control Name="cmdResetSkill">Reset</Control>
<Control Name="cmdResetInv">Reset</Control>
<!-- Character Card Labels -->
<Control Name="lblChar" Index="0">Character Name:</Control>
<Control Name="lblChar" Index="1">Sex:</Control>
<Control Name="lblChar" Index="2">Class:</Control>
<Control Name="lblChar" Index="3">Description:</Control>
<Control Name="lblChar" Index="4">Server:</Control>
<Control Name="lblChar" Index="5">Ranking:</Control>
<!-- Skills Card Labels -->
<Control Name="lblSkill" Index="0">Base Skill:</Control>
<Control Name="lblSkill" Index="1">Level</Control>
<Control Name="lblSkill" Index="2">Factor</Control>
<Control Name="lblSkill" Index="3">Max Level:</Control>
<Control Name="lblSkill" Index="4">Current:</Control>
<Control Name="lblSkill" Index="5">Skill Points Remaining:</Control>
<!-- Misc Labels -->
<Control Name="lblInv">Inventory Group:</Control>
<Control Name="lblBarLeft">NeoSkiller is Experimental Software. Please e-mail AlphaGremlin@gmail.com for suggestions\complaints\bugs</Control>
<!-- Inventory Card Tabs Labels -->
<Control Name="picInvTab" Index="0">Implants</Control>
<Control Name="picInvTab" Index="1">Bones</Control>
<Control Name="picInvTab" Index="2">Armour</Control>
<Control Name="picInvTab" Index="3">Spells</Control>
<Control Name="picInvTab" Index="4">Drugs</Control>
<!-- Statistics Card Tabs Labels -->
<Control Name="picStatTab" Index="0">Basic</Control>
<Control Name="picStatTab" Index="1">Resist</Control>
<Control Name="picStatTab" Index="2">STR</Control>
<Control Name="picStatTab" Index="3">DEX</Control>
<Control Name="picStatTab" Index="4">PSI</Control>
<Control Name="picStatTab" Index="5">Other</Control>
</Window>
<Window Name="frmClass">
<Title>NeoSkiller - Select Class</Title>
<Control Name="lblAvail">Available Character Classes</Control>
<Control Name="lblDesc">Class Description</Control>
<Control Name="cmdCreate">&amp;Create</Control>
<Control Name="cmdCancel">C&amp;ancel</Control>
</Window>
<Window Name="frmBrowse">
<Title>NeoSkiller - Item Browser</Title>
<Control Name="fraList">Available Items</Control>
<Control Name="lblHeader" Index="0">Item Name</Control>
<Control Name="lblHeader" Index="1">Item Type</Control>
<Control Name="lblHeader" Index="2">Attributes Influenced</Control>
<Control Name="cmdClose">&amp;Close</Control>
</Window>
</Language>

J. Folsom
09-10-04, 13:59
As Lupus updated the skills guide post with hacknet information, I'd guess you're interested in hacknet stats too now. So I'll start with giving info for that, hopefully more people will follow that example. ;)

Character: John Folsom

Hacknet Health: 415
INT: 82
HCK: 138
HLT: 55

Hacknet Stamina: 106
END: 0

Hack Pool: 366
T-C: 95

Jesterthegreat
09-10-04, 15:50
I would be interested in using it if I didn't already use Smoker's Skillmanager. However if all the info (armour, imps, drugs etc) could be modified through XML sheets then I think it would be as good, if not better than Smoker's Skillmanager V2 which is supposed to have thee features.

i lose smokers skillmanager v2 when i reformatted :(

and on topic - duranium boots missing?

:edit: and all psi spells missing?

:edit: i see you added them... is there a new DL location cos i used the link on first post and it had no dur boots.

its nice but smokers skillmanager V2 is better IMO, i like the char name etc window, this could out perform smokers after some work :)

AlphaGremlin
09-10-04, 16:25
Well, I haven't seen Smokers Skill Manager v2, so I have no idea what things it's beating me in.

Yeah... um... about the boots... it's all well and good to add them in... but you need to update the resource that's inside the exe for it to actually do anything... :angel:
Spells aren't implemented at the moment, be patient :)

Thanks for the update BTW, Jester. I was about ready to ditch the "Char Name" window in favour of an overview of each main skill's values. Now I'll scale back my plans slightly to keep it.

Should have a new version up in a few mins with a slightly different interface. Hopefully a lot better :)
AlphaGremlin

i lose smokers skillmanager v2 when i reformatted :(

and on topic - duranium boots missing?

:edit: and all psi spells missing?

:edit: i see you added them... is there a new DL location cos i used the link on first post and it had no dur boots.

its nice but smokers skillmanager V2 is better IMO, i like the char name etc window, this could out perform smokers after some work :)

Tostino
09-10-04, 16:50
The TH-CPU is missing from the implants.

AlphaGremlin
09-10-04, 16:52
The TH-CPU is missing from the implants.
Give me it's full name, and stats, and I'll add it in for the next version :)
AlphaGremlin

Tostino
09-10-04, 17:03
Tech heaven CPU
:10 CST
:10 RES
:10 REP
:10 REC
Its the FA epic.

AlphaGremlin
09-10-04, 17:31
Patchnotes 15

- Tweaked the interface, and rearranged the New, Load, etc Controls
- Character Card now displays the 5 main skills
- Resorted the Item list slightly
- Really added the Duranium Boots this time, and added TH CPU.
- Added extra statistics (no more calculations yet)
- Modified the error checking code slightly
- Item list highlights the current Items you're using

File Uploaded

AlphaGremlin

Jesterthegreat
09-10-04, 22:43
Well, I haven't seen Smokers Skill Manager v2, so I have no idea what things it's beating me in.

Yeah... um... about the boots... it's all well and good to add them in... but you need to update the resource that's inside the exe for it to actually do anything... :angel:
Spells aren't implemented at the moment, be patient :)

Thanks for the update BTW, Jester. I was about ready to ditch the "Char Name" window in favour of an overview of each main skill's values. Now I'll scale back my plans slightly to keep it.

Should have a new version up in a few mins with a slightly different interface. Hopefully a lot better :)
AlphaGremlin

so do i still dl from the link in the first post or is it a different file now?

oh and i dont have any screenies of skillmanager V2 since my reformat, but it basically did everything yours did. it saved as a file, as well as exporting to txt in a (fairly) readable manner. it was simple and easy to use.

its little things like in your skillmanager i have to click an implant (for example) to highlight that box before the down arrow menu appears, meaning 2 clicks per selection. little things like that add up and sway peoples preferance :)

attatched is a txt export from skillmanager V2 (from a not very good PE setup tbh). i had to change it to a .log to attatch it though :p

:edit: what i would really like is to see a skillmanager with req's built in. maybe highlight a piece of armour red if its unusable with the current str for example.

oh and a list of req's for weapons / imps / armour in the "help" menu or something would be good too, as long as its updated as and when needed :)

[TgR]HusK
10-10-04, 00:55
any chance of you rewriting this in a proper programming language? :p :p

Its good to see some new efforts are being made into things like this again, though the above is somewhat of a sceptical joke thingy... I would actually extreemly appreciate it. If I ever had an enemy, it would've been called either VB or Microsoft... hard time choosing.

Good work though, especialy U using XML for it.

AlphaGremlin
10-10-04, 05:49
LOL. Proper programming language? Well, the alternatives are C++ or MASM.
MASM... well, I love it, but making a GUI app like this would be tough. C++ is more of a love/hate relationship: it loves to hate me!
I'd like to use WTL for it which would make things easier, but I think my version of ATL is way too old. I can't compile any apps with it, even the sample progs that came with the Platform SDK. Missing types and the like.

Requirements for each item is possible, I just need the information to put it in! I'll display the info in the Item Browser.

Clicking twice on the list to see the list has been fixed. The list now drops down when you click on the Item Slot. I'll upload it when I do the next update :)
AlphaGremlin

Morpheous
10-10-04, 10:03
Hey, Alpha, want an installer .msi? :)

I'll poke it together- if you want to send me a 500x70 banner for the top of the installer and/or a splash screen image, i'll put them in

:D :D

Edit: Made a quick one, download here (http://www.icarusnetworks.co.uk/NeoSkiller.msi)

AlphaGremlin
10-10-04, 12:53
Cool :) I actually have Orca and all the .MSI editing programs that came with the Platform SDK, but the template .MSI file I have starts at 250k before anything is added to it! Is yours any smaller?

Download doesn't work, btw.

Latest version will have requirements for all the implants, as well as the new drugs, and the Camo PA. Also... the newest feature is exporting to HTML, via a XML Stylesheet!
AlphaGremlin

MkVenner
10-10-04, 13:15
DoY eyes arent in

DoY Vehical coordination linkage
+1 Dex
+10 VHC

DoY Material Analyzer
+1 Dex
+10 Recycling

DoY Retina Repair coordinater
+1 Dex
+10 REP

oh and you might as well take out the Kami's afaik there not gunna go back in the game lol

AlphaGremlin
10-10-04, 13:18
Thanks MkVenner :) The DoY eyes are in, and I've removed the Kami's

Now you've got me playing with Orca, Morpheous! I remember why I hate .MSI files now.
AlphaGremlin

naimex
10-10-04, 15:36
Gremlin, you forgot to upload the last 2-3 versions ??

itīs been exact same size the last couple of times..

AlphaGremlin
10-10-04, 15:38
When it's uploaded, I'll tell you guys about it :) I'm working on a few things at the moment, so I'm not willing to do it just yet.
AlphaGremlin

J. Folsom
10-10-04, 15:39
As a suggestion, could you add an "Export to text file" option? While you can post the XML save just fine, I suspect most people would be confused by the fact that it stores the amount of skill points spend, as opposed to how many skill you have. ;)

AlphaGremlin
10-10-04, 16:06
Patchnotes 16

- Added Camo PA, DoY eyes, extra drugs and the Law Enforcer.
- Added Requirements for all Items
- Items in use are displayed as Green in the Item Browser. Items that cannot be used are Red
- Items list now pops down when it's clicked
- Items list turns red when an invalid Item is selected. If you attempt to apply it, the slot becomes empty
- Resorted the PA's, putting them together in the list
- Added HTML Export option
- Added XML Style-Sheet for the HTML Export

File Uploaded

The XML Export is for loading by the program, rather than for viewing by anyone. If anyone is interested in upgrading the HTML export, here's the XSL file for it.
AlphaGremlin

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
<xsl:template match="/Character">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Character Data for <xsl:value-of select="Name"/></TITLE>
<STYLE>
<![CDATA[
.SkillWindow { border-width:2px; border-style:solid; border-color:#000000; }
.SkillBox { background-color:#009999; color: #FFFFFF; text-align:center; }
Table { border-color:#000000; border-style:solid; width:500; }
]]>
</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor="#33CCCC">

<CENTER>
<DIV style="font-size:large; font-weight:bold">Character Overview for <xsl:value-of select="Name"/></DIV>
<TABLE style="border-style:none">
<TR>
<TD><B>Character Class: </B><xsl:value-of select="@Class"/></TD>
<TD><B>Sex: </B><xsl:value-of select="Sex"/></TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD><B>Server:</B><xsl:value-of select="Server"/></TD>
<TD><B>Ranking:</B></TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD ColSpan="2"><xsl:value-of select="Description"/></TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

<xsl:for-each select="Base">
<xsl:if test="@Name!=''">

<TABLE border="2" cellspacing="0" style="margin-top:20">
<TR style="font-weight:bold" class="SkillWindow">
<TD>Base Skill:</TD>
<TD ColSpan="2"><xsl:value-of select="@Name"/></TD>
<TD>Level</TD>
<TD>Factor</TD>
</TR>
<TR><TD><B>Max Skill:</B></TD>
<TD Class="SkillBox"><xsl:value-of select="@Max"/></TD>
<TD><B>Current:</B></TD>
<TD Class="SkillBox"><xsl:value-of select="@Value"/></TD>
<TD Class="SkillBox"><xsl:value-of select="@Factor"/></TD></TR>
<xsl:for-each select="Skill">

<TR><TD ColSpan="3"><xsl:value-of select="@Name"/></TD>
<TD Class="SkillBox"><xsl:value-of select="@Value"/></TD>
<TD Class="SkillBox"><xsl:value-of select="@Factor"/></TD></TR>
</xsl:for-each>
</TABLE>
</xsl:if>
</xsl:for-each>
</CENTER>
</BODY>
</HTML>

</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Morpheous
10-10-04, 16:47
Cool :) I actually have Orca and all the .MSI editing programs that came with the Platform SDK, but the template .MSI file I have starts at 250k before anything is added to it! Is yours any smaller?

Download doesn't work, btw.

Latest version will have requirements for all the implants, as well as the new drugs, and the Camo PA. Also... the newest feature is exporting to HTML, via a XML Stylesheet!
AlphaGremlin
Working on a new MSI, it's about 100k. Not too bad :)

Nice work btw, really impressive. You planning to work on any other NC apps after this? :angel:

AlphaGremlin
10-10-04, 17:56
Heh. Exactly what NC apps are you thinking of? I've got my hands full enough with NeoSkiller!

I still need the following things from some other people, if anyone is interested!
- Translation to German and/or any other languages you can think of.
- Upgrade to the XSL file, since the current one I made is very ugly and basic.
- Descriptions for each Character Class. The current ones are ripped straight from the NC1 Create-Character Dialog and KK might get a little huffed about it.

AlphaGremlin

MkVenner
10-10-04, 18:39
what people think about this description for a tank

Strong, tough and not too smart, the GenTank excels where strength is key. Therefore Heavy Combat and Melee Combat are what they're good at. With being able wear the heaviest of the armours coupled with their high constitution they can take almost as much damage as they dish out ok? if it's ok ill give the others a bash...

AlphaGremlin
10-10-04, 18:43
what people think about this description for a tank

ok? if it's ok ill give the others a bash...
Looks pretty good! How about this, just a few changes.

Strong, tough and not too smart, the GenTank excels where strength is key, making Heavy Combat and Melee Combat their primary abilities. With being able wear the heaviest of the armours coupled with their high constitution, they can take almost as much damage as they dish out.

AlphaGremlin

MkVenner
10-10-04, 18:47
yeah, that sounds better

ok spy

The Spy is the master of technology, be it with the use of hacknet, remotely piloted drones, or constructing the latest in battle field hardware. They have exclusive access to the ability to stealth, and find it easy to master all the high tech rifles and pistols. Their high inteligance also makes them masters of researching and construction. But their low constitution and limited psi use means they can't take as much punishment as other classes
a little long winded, but imo the Spy is really the only JOAT :p

J. Folsom
10-10-04, 18:50
Monk!

The PSI Monks are masters of psionics. Their mental abilities are nearly unparalelled, but they're physically frail.
They can choose to either focus their mind on the defensive or aggresive arts. A few monks prefer going for a combination of these powers, while the hybrid is less powerful in a team than his specialized counterparts, he is a fearsome force on his own.

MkVenner
10-10-04, 18:53
erm i cant think of anyting for a PE lol, what ever i say makes him sound second best lol

J. Folsom
10-10-04, 18:57
I'll try PE in that case.

The private eye is just your average joe... Or is he? Those private eyes who unlock their full potential can easily get defenses rivalling a GenTank!
They are also the people most suited to the use of ground-based vehicles, as their dexterity, strength and intelligence easily allows them to use them all effectively. Most private eyes prefer training in the usage of pistols or rifles however, with usually a minor tradeskill to make some side money in case they're down on their luck.

AlphaGremlin
10-10-04, 19:02
:p You people and your spies. I had to make them bit shorter, since they didn't fit in the box!

The Spy is the master of technology; everything from accessing hacknet, remotely piloting drones, or constructing the latest hardware is in their grasp. Having exclusive access to Stealth Technology, and a high proficiency with high-tech rifles and pistols makes them dangerous, but their low Constitution and limited PSI use means they can't take as much punishment as other classes.

The PSI Monks are masters of the mind. Whilst physically frail, their psionic abilities are nearly unparalelled, with a choice of defensive or aggressive arts. A combination of these powers is also possible, and while the hybrid is less powerful in a team than his specialized counterparts, he is a fearsome force on his own.

StryfeX
10-10-04, 19:02
Looks pretty good! How about this, just a few changes.

Strong, tough and not too smart, the GenTank excels where strength is key, making Heavy Combat and Melee Combat their primary abilities. With being able wear the heaviest of the armours coupled with their high constitution, they can take almost as much damage as they dish out.

AlphaGremlinRemove the 'u' in 'armour' and it'll be perfect. :p

[Don't mind me, I'm just bein' a smartass. :D]

--Stryfe

AlphaGremlin
10-10-04, 19:21
I'll be keeping the Australian/English spelling in NeoSkiller, thanks :p

The Private Eye appears to have merely average skills, but those who unlock their full potential can easily rival any other class! Most PE's choose training in Pistols or Rifles for offense, and their broad skill base means they are well suited to the use of both ground-based vehicles, and minor tradeskilling.

Thanks for the help guys, and I hope you don't mind me changing the wording around.

Does anyone want a fancy installer program, or is just a rar/zip fine? ;)
AlphaGremlin

AlphaGremlin
10-10-04, 20:18
Patchnotes 17
- Server is now saved with the Character
- Added Load and Save Dialog's. The Characters Name is used as the default value
- Updated the Class Descriptions
- Fixed the error-checking code. It works now!
- Changed the resource management code. First searches the application folder, and then inside the exe for the requested XML file.
- Split the Item data from the Main data and locked it, so you can't all go and steal my Statistics Calculations that easily ;)

If someone is customising the Style Sheet, simply save it as CharacterFormat.xml in the application folder, and the Save as HTML function will automatically use it; no need to restart the application either. The template is included on the previous page, or you can use Resource Hacker and my PID Editor (http://home.iprimus.com.au/chandaffs/downloads/pideditor.rar) to extract the files yourself.

Night all!
AlphaGremlin

Jesterthegreat
10-10-04, 21:16
I'll be keeping the Australian/English spelling in NeoSkiller, thanks :p

:D about time someone did... damn neocolour :p

are the psi spells in yet?

AlphaGremlin
11-10-04, 06:27
I'll put in PSI Spells today. Gotta slow development down a bit though, I have Uni stuff to finish as well :p
AlphaGremlin

AlphaGremlin
11-10-04, 08:38
Patchnotes 18
- Resistances are now (hopefully) calculated correctly
- PSI Spells are in. Shelter and Deflector do nothing as yet, I still have to add in their calculations.
- Fixed Item Influences. Energy Resist had been replaced with Fire Resist for all Items!

AlphaGremlin

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 11:54
i know when i trie it ( i havent re downloaded since i started posting) it claimed i had 0 resist in all except force (which had about 2k or 20k resist)

:D

Xeno LARD
11-10-04, 16:21
skill manager is good grem :) keep workin on it. I created a kickass setup for a Lowtech PE last night :P

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 16:23
skill manager is good grem :) keep workin on it. I created a kickass setup for a Lowtech PE last night :P

lowtech PE...

ewwwwww

j/k my PE will be lowtech :p PE PE's are good dispite what the "PE's need a boost, give us some PE only item" crew say...

hudsonbeck
11-10-04, 16:49
everytime i pick an implant then go to the next one, the previous one gets reset to 'empty'

am i just retarted?

Hudson

Frotto
11-10-04, 17:01
I am having the same problem as hudson... same for armor too... but spells seem to be working just fine (as far as staying in the blank)

but it actually works on my pc now... you rock. Thanks

Frotto
11-10-04, 17:10
correction... if you click off to the blue next to the line you are picking the implant will stay in the line... is their anyway to make it say "you can't use this implant yet" if you pick one that is inaccessable to the char given its current setup? it looks like it just goes away now... which is being confused with a "bug" Works awesome! how accurate is your resist calculations? this could prove to be an invaluable tool !

J. Folsom
11-10-04, 17:35
Here's an interesting bug for you:

If you click load, then cancel. Your character's data will seem to display properly, until you try and do anything. If you open up any other part of your character (E.G. Go to strength from intelligence skills) then the top value of the previous area continues to be displayed.

Also, if you try and save any data, you'll create a "None" file, which gives an error when you try to save it.

It's also quite likely the program will crash when you do so, the only things which work properly are the "New" and "Load" buttons (Well, close works too of course)

Recreation steps:

1. Press Load.
2. Press cancel in the new window.
3. Mess around with the buttons.

---

Also some suggestions:

- Put some options in the item browser about what items to display, as it currently always shows the full list it's not always clear, it'd be helpful if you could have the option to only show (for example) brain implants. Optimally these would be checkboxes you check/uncheck to decide what to display.
- Put a percentage sign after the resists, as you calculate it as percentages, this is clearer to people using the skill manager.
- You might want to include the second character rank calculation, this one is pretty simple. It's simply the average of all mainskill values.

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 17:37
when i clicked load, then cancel on smokers V2 i got all my values whiped to the default 0 in everything...

the bug is back to haunt me! onoz

naimex
11-10-04, 20:17
the bug is back to haunt me!

not a bug... itīs a feature..

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 20:25
not a bug... itīs a feature..

naim a while back i asked if you still had the skilmanager V2 file and if you could send me it...

is it a no then?

naimex
11-10-04, 23:37
I know you did..

and I donīt know..

Think I insulted Smoker when I said his code didnt make sense to me :p

but I donīt think he wants to public anything over the 0.9īer still..

but I canīt find any reasons anymore, all the calculations in it are wrong now..

the implants are not up to date anymore..

the only thing thats still up to date is the skills.. and gremlin has that in his, and his calculations are up to date..

Sure, you could update Smokers yourself, it was nicely designed, and it was popular... but its also outdated, and thats something you couldnt update yourself... the resists, psi pool, sta pool, hlt pool..

Just use Gremlins..

"Whatīs lost is lost, and shall remain lost untill itīs destiny crosses the path of reincarnation, in that hour let the creator, recreate."

you can quote me on that if you ever write a book about the stupidity of my life.

AlphaGremlin
12-10-04, 01:06
Yeah, Naimex is right, it's a feature, in that you can't use the implant just yet. Spells don't have any requirements, and I don't plan on giving them any.

Resist calculations are as accurate as I could get them, according to the info on neocron.ems.ru. Looks like they give (almost) the same values as Smokers one that I have (v0.9)

Patchnotes 19
- Simple Ranking is now calculated
- Fixed bug where clicking cancel would create a new, but blank character.
- Added percentage sign to the resists page
- When an Item is selected that your character can't use, the slot is highlighted red and "You cannot use this item yet" is displayed.

AlphaGremlin

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 01:12
is the most up to date version uploaded?

my current download finished soon, when it does ill DL this if the newest version is up

AlphaGremlin
12-10-04, 01:30
The download in my sig was updated about 15 seconds after I posted about the update :)
AlphaGremlin

MeWhiteWolf
12-10-04, 03:02
since ur using a generic name for the file - neoskiller.rar perhaps u could put the version number in ur sig so we know if we're up to date?

P.S. nice to see more aussies appearing

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 11:47
it gives a fully capped char a /49 rank (should be /60)

main rank should be fairly easy to calculate, its just the main stats added together and devided by 5

tank:

20 int
100 str
70 dex
100 con
10 psi

300 / 5 = 60

J. Folsom
12-10-04, 11:48
Actually, the calculation is basically correct when it comes to rank, it's just divided by 6 instead of 5 at the moment.

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 11:51
fair enough.

the drugs are not up to date., or some are wrong. beast gives MC not HC

AlphaGremlin
12-10-04, 13:44
Yeah, the calculation was "Average \ Bases.Count - 1" when it should have been "Average \ (Bases.Count - 1)". Remember your order of operations, people ;) Don't leave out the brackets!

Beast already does MC, not HC... where do you mean? I know that some of the information is out of date, just give me a list of stuff and I'll update it :)
I'm not going to do an update over a minor problem like this, so you'll have to wait :p
AlphaGremlin

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 14:05
Yeah, the calculation was "Average \ Bases.Count - 1" when it should have been "Average \ (Bases.Count - 1)". Remember your order of operations, people ;) Don't leave out the brackets!

Beast already does MC, not HC... where do you mean? I know that some of the information is out of date, just give me a list of stuff and I'll update it :)
I'm not going to do an update over a minor problem like this, so you'll have to wait :p
AlphaGremlin

beats should give 25 HC :p

ill try to find an up to date list of drugs

:edit: damn - sxr website under reconstruction, anyone got a list of drugs?

J. Folsom
12-10-04, 14:09
Patch Notes for the drug changes:

- Fireresist Potion now adds FIR+25
- Destrosol now only adds INT+3
- X-Strong adds, in addition to its current bonuses, FOR+20
- Destrosol Forte now adds INT+4 WEP+12 WPW+12
- Redflash now removes PSU-10 instead of HLT-10.
- Beast now adds H-C+25 instead of M-C+25 and removes HLT-10 instead of WEP-20
- Kri'nakh Nightshade removes HLT-15 instead of WEP-20
- Added new drug "Havenin". Adds PSI+3
- Added new drug "Dolinskin". Adds PSI+4 PSU+12, HCK+12, removes WEP-10
- Added new drug "Blue Fairy". Adds INT+5 WEP+18 WPW+15, removes ATL-10
- Added new drug "Nightspider". Adds PSI+5 PSU+20 IMP+16, removes FOR-15

As some of these weren't in yet from what I noticed (Destrosol still gives PSI in your skill manager, Nightspider doesn't do anything, etc.)

Glok
12-10-04, 14:10
http://www.sheriff-hardy.de/Drugs+boosters.htm

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 14:13
Patch Notes for the drug changes:

well done that man

plague
12-10-04, 22:42
any updates on skillmanager?? looks very cool, can't wait fot final version..

naimex
13-10-04, 00:10
..donīt ask me.. i just update everytime i guess there is a new version..

AlphaGremlin
13-10-04, 16:49
I'm working a lot on the language features at the moment. Seeing what I can do about getting a German translation, and then making it auto-selecting the correct language!

Just suggest features people, and I'll see what I can do about them :) Just keep them within the bounds of a "Skill Manager" :p
AlphaGremlin

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 16:56
I'm working a lot on the language features at the moment. Seeing what I can do about getting a German translation, and then making it auto-selecting the correct language!

Just suggest features people, and I'll see what I can do about them :) Just keep them within the bounds of a "Skill Manager" :p
AlphaGremlin

other than up to date drugs and the rank calculation i dont see any problems atm.

oh except please allow it to export to (save as) txt file. not vital but a whole lot easier :)

:Edit: a listing of weapon / armour / imp req's in a "help" submenu or something would be usefull. i constantly find myself flicking to neocron.ems.ru to see what str i will need for a low tech PE to use inq 3 or to see how much MST my APU will need...

FatDogg
13-10-04, 18:46

AlphaGremlin

Is there a way to customize lists of items on our own?

AlphaGremlin
14-10-04, 07:21
oh except please allow it to export to (save as) txt file. not vital but a whole lot easier :)

:Edit: a listing of weapon / armour / imp req's in a "help" submenu or something would be usefull. i constantly find myself flicking to neocron.ems.ru to see what str i will need for a low tech PE to use inq 3 or to see how much MST my APU will need...
I'll put in a text export soon :)

You will soon be able to view the requirements in the Item Browser (Browse button next to the Inventory Card). The next version will have this, along with German and French translations and a legend to explain all the colours.
The rank calculation and some changes to the drugs and requirements for Inquisition Trousers (I missed them :p) will come with it.

Is there a way to customize lists of items on our own?
Yes there is. I just haven't released the XML for it, since the program isn't even version 1.1 yet. Once I've stopped making changes to the format, I"ll release it and let you guys change things around.
AlphaGremlin

whifix
14-10-04, 19:34
Awesome. Haven't tried in a while but the skillmanager finally works on my machine at work. I am hoving some problems setting up implants. When I chose strength ones for a PE they appear red and wont be allowed to be used. Even antigamma bones will be red and will switch back to none after i switch to the next implant. Is this a bug?

//Edit//
K I figured it out. Sorry for the mix up.

whifix
14-10-04, 19:38
Wow this thing is bad ass. Keep up the good work.

P.S.> Sorry for the double post.

AlphaGremlin
15-10-04, 06:48
Glad you like it :)

Just putting the finishing touches on the Translations. Text Exporting is done, as well as viewing requirements. Filtering the Item List will be a little work, since some of them don't fill the entire list (not enough Heart Implants, for example).

For now, exporting will be in English, but the capability is there for other Languages. An update should come soon, once this is all sorted out :)
AlphaGremlin

Jesterthegreat
15-10-04, 13:55
Glad you like it :)

Just putting the finishing touches on the Translations. Text Exporting is done, as well as viewing requirements. Filtering the Item List will be a little work, since some of them don't fill the entire list (not enough Heart Implants, for example).

For now, exporting will be in English, but the capability is there for other Languages. An update should come soon, once this is all sorted out :)
AlphaGremlin

unless the abbreviations (like PPU / APU) are different on the other language clients it shouldnt be a problem with txt export (i dunno if they are :p)

___T-X____
15-10-04, 13:56
Dunno if its been mentioned but I think the Rifle eye or Smart Cyber eye WL values might be wrong.

Killfly
15-10-04, 22:32
Playing around with my spy setup today and I noticed an error in the PA's... Looks like you got Infiltration and Assassination suits mixed up. Assassinationsuits are rifle and Infiltrationsuits are pistol, but they're showing the other way around in the object browser (and hence giving the wrong bonuses).

MeWhiteWolf
16-10-04, 00:59
that'd be because my rifle pa2 was called HIS in nc1 - but is now HAS as u said
however i got a rifle boost in both games so i guess the name has changed,
guess the skiller was made with nc1 info on PA

AlphaGremlin
16-10-04, 17:18
Okay, now let me see if I can remember all this...

Patchnotes 20
- Added French Language Resources
- Added German Language Resources - Incomplete in the Item Browser and Class Selection
- Added experimental, untested language auto-detection
- Added Text Exporting
- Added Requirements option in the Item Browser
- Added Colours Legend to the Item Browser
- Fixed Rank Calculation
- Swapped names for Assassination and Infiltration Suits
- Added requirements for Inquisition Trousers
- Hopefully updated Drug stats
- Made changes to the way statistics are calculated. Should be more accurate for the Basic Stats (no change to resists)

!! For now, Exporting to Text and HTML will only work when your Language is set to English !!

File Updated.

AlphaGremlin

naimex
16-10-04, 19:37
Hi ho out there...

sitting at the laptop writing this, since my own isnt alive.... yet.

but here comes the moment weīve all been waiting for... well I have anyways :

Updated mirrors by me and my kind :

And here they are :

www.neocron.org (http://www.neocron.org) and www.neocron2.org (http://www.neocron2.org)

Are proud to present..

the mirrors :

Download Page (http://www.neocron.org/downloads.php?page=NCo)

and my very own mirrors are still alive (and my forum is still up for discussion (http://www.naimex.dk))

www.naimex.dk/neoskiller.rar (http://www.naimex.dk/neoskiller.rar)
www.naimex.dk/neoskiller.zip (http://www.naimex.dk/neoskiller.zip)

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeenjoy...

naimex
16-10-04, 19:49
@ Alpha..

daxxy wants to know if you could make ur thingy in an online version aswell, cuz he would love to have an online thingy on the neocron org sites.

Killfly
17-10-04, 03:31
- Swapped names for Assassination and Infiltration Suits

It's so encouraging to leave feedback and have it taken notice of :) Good job AG, and keep up the good work...

Want a job at KK? :D

AlphaGremlin
17-10-04, 08:32
What... do you mean make a webapp for it? I don't know if I'm skilled enough at web programming, but I can see what I can do.
AlphaGremlin

AlphaGremlin
17-10-04, 13:47
Okay, if I'm going to make an online version of NeoSkiller, should I make it pure HTML, or use PHP for it? Because whilst PHP is cool and all, releasing a HTML version would be more useful :)
AlphaGremlin

Killfly
17-10-04, 23:45
Wouldn't it be easier to update if u had everything in a MySQL database and produced HTML from that? Have a look at a set of php scripts called 'phpMyAdmin' - invaluable :)

Sorin
18-10-04, 00:42
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but requirements are wrong for H-C Tank PA. The requirements use the old 90/115/135/155 STR numbers, when they should be 90/100/115/135.

Didn't you say you added a requirement check box somewhere, so that we could turn the requirement enforcement off? :(

AlphaGremlin
18-10-04, 02:58
Wouldn't it be easier to update if u had everything in a MySQL database and produced HTML from that? Have a look at a set of php scripts called 'phpMyAdmin' - invaluable :)
Actually, I should be able to use the same data that powers the Application, since it's all XML configuration.

The PA stats have been updated, and I'll add in an option for disabling requirements.
AlphaGremlin

AlphaGremlin
18-10-04, 07:19
Patchnotes 21
- Export to Text and HTML now work for all languages, but are not translated yet
- Added menu to disable Requirements Checking. Press the Options Button (formerly the About button) to see it. This setting is not remembered.
- Updated stats for H-C Tank PA
- Revamped language code, better coverage now
- Added Print All button. Generates a 1758*655 image containing all the visible cards in rows. After seeing people posting screenies of Smokers v0.9, I thought I should put this in :)
- Resized things in the interface slightly so the cards fit together nicely in the new, large card.

AlphaGremlin

Sorin
18-10-04, 11:55
It doesn't look like you have the various Dragon drugs in there.

All are 10 minute drugs and are TL 25

Red Dragon
Resist Fire +150
HLT -50
END -100

Yellow Dragon
Resist Force +150
HLT -50
END -100

Blue Dragon
Resist Xray +150
HLT -50
END -100

White Dragon
Resist Energy +150
HLT -50
END -100

Green Dragon
Resist Poison +150
HLT -50
END -100

Not that it matters for the skill manager, but you get these from the Black Dragon FSM.

FatDogg
19-10-04, 06:44
Your Cammo PAs stats have no armor bonuses...

and your calculations for health are off, I'll give you some numbers I'm getting in game in a bit.

AlphaGremlin
19-10-04, 09:23
How far out are they? +/- 2 on higher stats is expected, since I'm not sure how KK round the values they use to calculate.
I've added in the extra Camo PA stats, and the Dragon Drugs. They'll come with the next update :)
AlphaGremlin

FatDogg
20-10-04, 04:26
How far out are they? +/- 2 on higher stats is expected, since I'm not sure how KK round the values they use to calculate.
I've added in the extra Camo PA stats, and the Dragon Drugs. They'll come with the next update :)
AlphaGremlin

ok I'm at 104 HLT and you're skill manager shows 482.9 or about 483 and I'm at 472 in game, more info as I spec.

stam looks good though, at 40 endurance you show 150.1 and I'm at 148 in game

Glok
20-10-04, 04:49
ok I'm at 104 HLT and you're skill manager shows 482.9 or about 483 and I'm at 472 in game, more info as I spec.

stam looks good though, at 40 endurance you show 150.1 and I'm at 148 in gameAre you con capped? con adds to both health and stamina, so if you have say 90 con, you will have less health than the skillmanager would show at 100 con.

FatDogg
20-10-04, 04:51
oh lord, capping my con....

*slits wrists*

Glok
20-10-04, 05:27
Just be glad you don't play a monk. o_O

edit: Or if you do... try capping int this year. :p

AlphaGremlin
20-10-04, 05:52
Interesting, FatDogg. What is your CON level? That influences your Body Health as well, so check that it's the same as ingame. Gimme your STR level as well, and I'll add the stats you have to my calculation table. Perhaps I can improve it even more.
AlphaGremlin

FatDogg
21-10-04, 08:39
how about adding options for outpost bonuses next to/under spells and maybe a way to make it so you can expand all windows/ability to choose which you want open vs. tabbed? perhaps a series of wee windows that you can position across the screen and close if you don't want them? maybe make it so tabs expand a window and dont close till you click a little 'x'? make the main program window resizeable with scroll bars?

AlphaGremlin
21-10-04, 11:21
Patchnotes 22
- Added in the remaining statistics. These are experimental and cannot really be verified 100% in-game
- Added Dragon Drugs
- Added the ability to send or remove Items from the appropriate Slot from the Item Browser
- Tweaked Stamina Calculation
- Updated Camo PA influences
- Updated Language files with new German Translations

Not bad suggestions, FatDogg. Outpost Bonuses are a possibility, and I'll see about adding them in under Spells.
Moveable Skill Cards in seperate windows are possible... but difficult to do, and it would make things a lot more complex. I'll see what I can do about it, but I don't think it'll happen.
The main window sizeable is something I've thought about. The way things work at the moment, and since the Cards are supposed to be saved as images, and everything fits perfectly, it's not feasible :(
I'm thinking about putting in an option to change the colour scheme of the cards; have them user selectable and customizable. Is this an idea?

File Updated
AlphaGremlin

FatDogg
21-10-04, 22:26
I think all the tank PA's have a minus to con instead of dex... FYI.

Wiz
22-10-04, 11:38
This is a realy nice progg. I think it will be THE skill manager of choise for many. Do all you plan and it will be better than smokeys.

One thing i've found thoo. The edit boxes are GREAT! But for more error handling set a limit to 3 chars in em.. since you never have a level or skill over 999. Now i can enter a 'Current level' at 1000000 and get the program to crash with a "overflow" error. Yes .. i know. Only idiots will do this.. but then again we programmers must consider all users as idiots.

"Software developement is a race between programmers trying to create idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to create bigger idiots."

"So far the universe is winning."

AlphaGremlin
23-10-04, 05:12
Yeah, I noticed that a while back, but never got around to fixing it!

Note to self: limit edit-boxes to 3 chars.

Can anyone confirm the Tank PA's subtracting from CON? I can't remember of the top of my head, but I didn't think they took from it.

Just a thought... what things am I missing from it that are needed, apart from getting the item database up to scratch and translating the exports? There's the filter for the Item Browser, but other than that?
AlphaGremlin

naimex
23-10-04, 05:29
You have tank paīs subtracting from con heīs right...

but tank paīs have been subtracting from dex for more than a year.

AlphaGremlin
23-10-04, 05:32
Hmmm. I'll update them when I get home and put up a new version :)
AlphaGremlin

naimex
23-10-04, 05:48
also you forgot to update your signature...

current version is 1.0.22 :p

AlphaGremlin
23-10-04, 06:28
heh. Whoops. Problem solved!

If I add Tech Level information into the Item Browser, would this be valuable?
A possibility... a weapon simulator? Test out mods and stuff like that...? It's a thought.
AlphaGremlin

AlphaGremlin
23-10-04, 13:39
Patchnotes 23
- Changed Tank PA from CON to DEX. Not sure how that happened
- Limited edit boxes to 3 characters
- Changed Language Detection code, and added language messages to the log

Patchnotes 24
- Updated Language Detection code again
- Begun preliminary work on possible weapon calculations

File Updated

I need Hacknet Statistics, people! I can't put them in with only one sample of each stat, I need heaps, with variety in base skills.
AlphaGremlin

FatDogg
24-10-04, 02:59
MC-3 cammo pa still not right :angel:

nobody2004
24-10-04, 03:57
1) I'm missing smart cyber-eye 4:
INT+4
WEP+10
TC+10
HCK+10
HC-10

2)
HAWKING gives +5 res in NeoSkillerr where it gives +10 IG

HAWKING:
INT+6
DEX+5
CST+10
RES+10
REC+5
REP+5
IMP+5

3) In NeoSkiller, if I have an implant which gives + something, I can't type any value in the corresponding skill field any longer.
(Actually I can, but the number I type is overwriten by some number).
Without the corresponding implant, evrything's fine.

Keep up the good work !
Very much appreciating your efforts :)

AlphaGremlin
24-10-04, 06:32
3) In NeoSkiller, if I have an implant which gives + something, I can't type any value in the corresponding skill field any longer.
(Actually I can, but the number I type is overwriten by some number).
Without the corresponding implant, evrything's fine.
When you click on the box, it will display the value without implants so you can edit it. Clicking off it will change it to display the value WITH implant bonuses.
AlphaGremlin

FireWarrior
24-10-04, 10:03
iirc DoY eyes give out a +1 DEX bonus on top of the other bonus (rep, vhc, rec), only gives the skill bonus and not the DEX bonus in the manager

nobody2004
24-10-04, 12:32
When you click on the box, it will display the value without implants so you can edit it. Clicking off it will change it to display the value WITH implant bonuses.
AlphaGremlin

Good this is the way it is SUPPOSED to work :D .

But it's not what happens to me.

Example:

SS gives +10 res

So I start with +10 in the corresponding skill field. So far, so good.

If I now click in this field (to enter the total skill points I have IG), that number is changed to 0. So far, so good.
(Actually, 10 is substracted from whatever value that field holds).

If I now try to enter my IG skill value, 135, following hapens:

When I type "1", the field now holds "20".
When I type "3", the field now holds "185".
When I try to type "5", there's a "beep" an I can't type it.

If I used the "+" sign to increment the field, it's ok (but slow ...).

AlphaGremlin
24-10-04, 13:29
Patchnotes 25
- Fixed text boxes
- Added DEX to DoY eyes
- Updated Hawking Chip
- Updated the MC-3 Camo PA
- Smart Cyber Eye 4 is below Smart Cyber Eye 3 :p
- Buttons to Print, Reset, etc are now under a Tools menu for each Card
- Updated Language Resources to cover the newly added Items (and missing ones)
- Started adding a LoM'ing calculator. Card will change colour and stuff, but nothing will actually happen yet; basically just an empty interface.

File updated for the second time, forgot to remove the hard-coded setting to use German! :o
AlphaGremlin

nobody2004
24-10-04, 13:52
Patchnotes 25
- Fixed text boxes
- Added DEX to DoY eyes
- Updated Hawking Chip
- Updated the MC-3 Camo PA
- Smart Cyber Eye 4 is below Smart Cyber Eye 3 :p
- Buttons to Print, Reset, etc are now under a Tools menu for each Card
- Updated Language Resources to cover the newly added Items (and missing ones)
- Started adding a LoM'ing calculator. Card will change colour and stuff, but nothing will actually happen yet; basically just an empty interface.

File updated for the second time, forgot to remove the hard-coded setting to use German! :o
AlphaGremlin

LOL

I DID check for SmartCyber eye 4 !

I did !

But stoped at Cyber eye 2 :lol:

Still, SmartCyber eye 4 has different specs in NC2 than NC1.
I'm missing the HCK+10 and it doesn't give any MC-10.

SmartCyber eye 4 specs:
INT+4
WEP+10
TC+10
HCK+10
HC-10

tx for the new release anyway :)

And, pssst, don't forget to update your sig, it's 1.0.25 allready (and soon 1.0.26 I hope ... :D ).

Frotto
24-10-04, 16:50
Alpha, I just want to say that you are awesome. This tool you have created is very useful and I for one appreciate it.

Frotto

AlphaGremlin
25-10-04, 01:44
Patchnotes 26
- Updated PSI Core
- Updated Smart Cybereye 4
- Added in the Filter to the Item Browser
- Fixed flicker when changing cards

File Updated

Thanks for the support Frotto :) Glad you like it
AlphaGremlin

nobody2004
25-10-04, 09:37
mmm, I must be doing something wrong here !?! :confused:

Downloaded the most recent version.
It still says 1.0.25 (and Smart Cyber Eye 4 is not udated for me).

My error ?
File confusion ?

TIA

PS: Great to see how fast you react. Changes from what we're used from KK ... :D :D :D

eLcHi
25-10-04, 11:46
Yeah, you didn`t update the file :)

naimex
25-10-04, 12:55
??

you sure..

itīs size was a few bytes bigger..

Alpha sometimes forget to update the version number.

nobody2004
25-10-04, 13:15
??

you sure..

itīs size was a few bytes bigger..

Alpha sometimes forget to update the version number.

/agreed, file was bigger for me as well BUT (there's allways a but :p )

file version hasn't changed and more important I'm still missing the HCK+10

There's a Gremlin somewhere ...

Donno where though :D

AlphaGremlin
25-10-04, 13:51
heh. Looks like I forgot to put the new file in the archive :p I'll have it up soon

Edit: Quick note that the next version will change the file extension of your characters to .xmc, as it gets messy with the rest of the xml resource files. The Installer program will associate this with NeoSkiller, or you can do it manually yourself!
AlphaGremlin

AlphaGremlin
25-10-04, 14:30
Patchnotes 27
- Changed Character extension to .xmc
- Added Character Icon to the executable (main cause of size increase)
- Added ability to load a Character as a parameter (ie: neoskiller.exe My APU.xmc
- Added XP Theming
- Did more work on the LoM Calculator. Skills are not remembered yet when Cancelling
- Fixed a bug in the XML error handler

File Updated (properly this time!)
Installer (http://home.iprimus.com.au/chandaffs/downloads/neoskiller.msi) updated. This will set up .xmc files to run with NeoSkiller.

Have fun!
AlphaGremlin

eLcHi
25-10-04, 15:34
Load & Save Menu still says it will load .xml files ... but does look for the others

.xml-files can be loaded anyways (hope thats intended ;) )

It always starts in german for me ... bug or feature (does it check windows regional settings? - i got a german winxp but i prefer neoskiller to be english so i don`t have to look at my crappy translation ;) )

naimex
25-10-04, 15:43
For the sake of this thread becoming long :p

Download Locations :

Main Download (http://home.iprimus.com.au/chandaffs/downloads/neoskiller.rar)

Main Installer Package Download (http://home.iprimus.com.au/chandaffs/downloads/neoskiller.msi)

naimex mirror ZIP (http://www.naimex.dk/neoskiller.zip)

naimex mirror RAR (http://www.naimex.dk/neoskiller.rar)

naimex mirror Installer Package (http://www.naimex.dk/neoskiller.msi)

neocron.org mirror Download Page (RAR + ZIP + Installer Package) (http://www.neocron.org/downloads.php?page=NCo)

AlphaGremlin
25-10-04, 15:44
Only the extension changed, nothing in the file itself is different. Pretty much you can just rename them.
And yes, it checks your regional settings. If your translation is so crappy, you're welcome to update it! :p Just send me the control name and the text it should be, and I'll add it into the next version. You can send me a million messages if you want, I don't mind if it makes the program better.

For the sake of this thread becoming long :p
I'll make a new thread when I release it "officially". Post any bugs with the installer here, btw.
AlphaGremlin

Frotto
25-10-04, 15:51
you call 16 pages long? PFFT! :P Keep up the good work...

Not that I have checked it yet, but do the hacknet stats compute yet? or do they still register zeros? Lupus did release the calculations in the admin section of the forums. Just checking.

AlphaGremlin
25-10-04, 15:57

Not that I have checked it yet, but do the hacknet stats compute yet? or do they still register zeros? Lupus did release the calculations in the admin section of the forums. Just checking.
No hacknet calculations as yet. I need sample figures to work out the correct formula, and so far I've only got one sample for each stat! Anyone want to help me out here?
AlphaGremlin

J. Folsom
25-10-04, 15:59

Yes, but the calculations given there are only part of the calculations actually needed to figure out the HP, Stamina, and Hack Pool. If you want it in, help AlphaGremlin by posting your character's stats when they're in hacknet, along with the relevant skill values.

EDIT: Beaten to it, ah well.

Frotto
25-10-04, 16:00
Will do when i get home from work today... because that could be useful as i'm loming my spy into a hacknet god once KK gets hacknet un buggered

nobody2004
25-10-04, 16:34
Smart Cyber Eye 4 ....

now works fine for me :D

Tx and keep up the good work !

PS: Ever though about working @ KK ?!?

We'll sponsor you !!!

AlphaGremlin
25-10-04, 17:26
Smart Cyber Eye 4 ....

now works fine for me :D

Tx and keep up the good work !

PS: Ever though about working @ KK ?!?

We'll sponsor you !!!

I can think about it, but they're across the other side of the world from me, and I don't think my meagre German skills will suffice over there :p
Is anyone getting a Memory Error when starting the program? Someone PM'ed me about it, and it's strange.
AlphaGremlin

nobody2004
25-10-04, 17:36
No memory error.

Mindgibber
25-10-04, 18:14
hello,
very good work so far AlphaGremlin, i like your skillmanager
but with the newest version i cant start the program anymore

got following error :

0:49:0.968> Log started
0:49:0.980> XML resources Okay...
0:49:0.980> Detected Language: 1031 (407h)
0:49:1.7> XML resources Okay...
0:49:1.118> XML resources Okay...
0:49:1.127> Resources Loaded Okay
0:49:1.128> Character Test Okay
0:49:1.130> An Error has occured in modSkill at Location Sub Main
0:49:1.130> Error ID 7 in NeoSkiller.
0:49:1.130> Out of memory

greetings Mindgibber

MeWhiteWolf
25-10-04, 18:49
still error 7 but diff to last post:

22:38:39.640> Log started
22:38:39.968> XML resources Okay...
22:38:40.0> Detected Language: 1033 (409h)
22:38:40.62> XML resources Okay...
22:38:40.218> XML resources Okay...
22:38:40.218> Resources Loaded Okay
22:38:40.218> Character Test Okay
22:38:40.328> An Error has occured in modSkill at Location Sub Main
22:38:40.343> Error ID 7 in NeoSkiller.
22:38:40.343> Out of memory
22:38:47.906> WARNING: Possible Unexpected Error!
22:38:47.906> Log ended

|R@zor|
25-10-04, 20:27
I get a memory error when starting the latest version (27) which never happened with previous versions

http://www.neocrongate.co.uk/img/memoryerror.jpg

WinXP Pro SP2

eLcHi
25-10-04, 21:06
I get a memory error when starting the latest version (27) which never happened with previous versions
WinXP Pro SP2

That happened to me too today ... click retry and if that doesnt work try ignore ;)

Easy explanation for me -> I had NC2 running in the background ... and P2-450 notebook with 384mb ram aint the best for this task ;)

Couldn`t get free memory fast enuff

|R@zor|
25-10-04, 22:38
I had no other programs running other than Antivirus/Firewall

I have 512mb of ram

james_finn
26-10-04, 00:52
i got same error as was posted in last log:

7:34:29.359> Log started
7:34:29.420> XML resources Okay...
7:34:29.420> Detected Language: 1033 (409h)
7:34:29.474> XML resources Okay...
7:34:29.561> XML resources Okay...
7:34:29.567> Resources Loaded Okay
7:34:29.567> Character Test Okay
7:34:29.644> An Error has occured in modSkill at Location Sub Main
7:34:29.665> Error ID 7 in NeoSkiller.
7:34:29.665> Out of memory
7:34:34.170> WARNING: Possible Unexpected Error!
7:34:34.170> Log ended

And i certainly have enough memory wasnt running anything else major in the background, and I have 1gig of corsair 3200 ram.

Delphi

MeWhiteWolf
26-10-04, 02:01
hmm memory related crash when before the patch everything was fine....
did u get that job 8| ??

:lol: nah just kidding

AlphaGremlin
26-10-04, 03:28
Patchnotes 28
- Added Version output to the log
- Moved some code around? :rolleyes: No idea whether it will help
- Stripped the Manifest from the executable

I'm baffled by this one! I doubt it has anything to do with the memory though. Once again it's having troubles loading the main form, and VB help is useless to try and locate what the problem is! I didn't even change that much stuff in the new version, code-wise.

If people are still having problems, try deleting or renaming the Manifest file that's with it. The problem may be with the XP Themes. Usually this file is inside the program, but I've put it outside so you can try removing it.

File Updated
AlphaGremlin

Jesterthegreat
26-10-04, 04:00
i got the error but it worked when i retried (was before latest update)

|R@zor|
26-10-04, 05:10
Still got the same error, deleting the manifest fixed it.

AlphaGremlin
26-10-04, 07:49
Sounds like it's a problem with the Theming stuff. VB really isn't designed for it, unfortunately. It works fine for me, but if people are having problems I can leave it optional with the Manifest file.
AlphaGremlin