PDA

View Full Version : fix the bugs

notneo
06-10-04, 11:58
just died twice from full health dropping to zero for no reason.

not been shot at as there are no mobs /palyers .

not a sniper either cus i got maxxed health and pa3 on so a sniper no matter how good could drop me in one shot.

come on kk fix the damn bugs i have defended you to the hilt on the past but this is getting beyond a joke,how could you release a game so unfinished ,i would rather have waited another month ,or 3 so the bugs could have been ironed out.Ihave been playing since start of retail of nc1 and like many others we have had enough of this .

anyone posting after this plz feel free to say what you want,but be careful or you will get nid editing :)

Shinto
06-10-04, 12:10
i second the fixing of bugs

Yelly
06-10-04, 14:03
Not heard of that bug before and I never played an mmorpg game
that is gugfree either as long as it has to be updated all the time
bugs will be there.If you do not like it then cancel account and
wait until it is better as it will never be bugfree.
Well maybe it will but then it will not have new stuff or anyting either
anymore

Chess -
06-10-04, 14:11
I agree with Notneo. There are a lot of bugs which should have been taken care of already. Like this one: I lost 3 gliders already cause of a "slide away" bug. When you spawn a glider at the VHC port it slides away with not even anyone on it. After a whyle it explodes because it's getting to much damage.
I called a GM and told him about this prob. He told me to contact helpdesk bla bla bla.... Well from there you know what happens. I got told that they can't help me and that they won't give me a new glider. Just because their so called " Item tracking" doesn't work yet. EXCUSE ME! I've heard that so many times before and that this so called "Item tracking" would be active when DOY comes out. Well .... like Notneo already says.... at some point we won't take this any longer. And belive me.... this point is getting real close now! :mad:

Radamez
06-10-04, 17:13
Just because you couldn't see a sniper, doesn't mean there wasn't one there.

I've dropped capped tanks before they knew they were being hit, with the Healing Light. I've also been hit with it. Tends to register the damage all in one go on occasion if you're a spy (read: non-inq/shelter spy) , resulting in insta-death.

Seems the more likely scenario to me.

SynC_187
06-10-04, 17:20
I agree 100%. Whats the point in adding contect if half the population can't be arsed to log on.

I've hardly played because at the moment the whole game seems to be in slowmo (not a framerate issue).

___T-X____
06-10-04, 17:22
bugs r bs tbh, especially the same ones from nc1

notneo
06-10-04, 22:48
sorry i been hit by snipers and no they cant drop my capped tank in one shot,and no i did not see a tag around my body either

naimex
07-10-04, 00:41
sorry i been hit by snipers and no they cant drop my capped tank in one shot,and no i did not see a tag around my body either

perhaps you died from falling damage without knowing you had fallen ??

player displacement..

server sees you as having fallen down a hill and died from falling damage..

and due to security against exploits, the server changes the client instead of listening to the client.

which means you can be alive and walking in client, but having falled down a giant hill on server..

and then you get corrected from client to server, meaning you die.

joran420
07-10-04, 00:48
there are no bugs.

Radamez
07-10-04, 02:27

Did I say 1 shot? :rolleyes:

What I meant was, the damage you recieve from several shots tends to be delayed, so you get it in one lump.

But ok, you saw no tags. Perhaps it was a bug.

jernau
07-10-04, 02:42
Just because you couldn't see a sniper, doesn't mean there wasn't one there.

I've dropped capped tanks before they knew they were being hit, with the Healing Light. I've also been hit with it. Tends to register the damage all in one go on occasion if you're a spy (read: non-inq/shelter spy) , resulting in insta-death.

Seems the more likely scenario to me.Well that would be two or three bugs then - damage lag, invisible weapon effects and possibly a clipping one too. All of these are very old.

tiikeri
07-10-04, 02:54
Aye. Fix the bugs. ***** ^^

notneo
07-10-04, 20:10
i was on fairly even ground so no to falling either

Endar
07-10-04, 20:43
Woo! Another thread whining about the bugs without any really useful info. How about making a list about your stats, your gear and where were you? Trying to fix something like "health dropping to zero" from the code is like trying to find a needle what is 1mm shorter than normal needles from needle factory. Well anyway you get my point..

GIJ0e
07-10-04, 20:46
Woo! Another thread whining about the bugs without any really useful info. How about making a list about your stats, your gear and where were you? Trying to fix something like "health dropping to zero" from the code is like trying to find a needle what is 1mm shorter than normal needles from needle factory. Well anyway you get my point..

aaaah the irony

Endar
07-10-04, 20:51
aaaah the irony

Somewhy I didnt get that. Did you mean that needles are made from iron? Shabby needles then... You cant mean irony in... Well "irony" sense of way because I didnt get whats so irony in my post about needles made from iron. Or maybe you ment that my head is made from iron for I cant think whats wrong in my test code and I have been thinking that for two hours for now.

God damn iron and irony..