PDA

View Full Version : construction license - clarification

Xylaz
06-10-04, 08:29
Ok, there seems to be lots of misunderstanding here, and most people - including me - havent got a clue about how it is supposed to work. Many people spread false information, and even if some of them are half-true, we arent sure which ones are those.

So, the question are:

- For what exactly do u need a construction license and for how long it lasts?

- Does "faction affiliation" restriction means you HAVE to be within a certain faction to be able to cst item???

- if the above is YES, then how it is possible to use and cst the bps we will hopefully get via the hacknet (somewhere in a distant future, as high capacity datacubes are STILL BUGGED)?

What is the point of the hacknet anyway, if u cannot use the bps you manage to download from the net?
It makes no sense to me...

[edit] or maybe... the rumours about the cracked construction licenses are true?

Candaman
06-10-04, 08:56
What is the point of the hacknet anyway, if u cannot use the bps you manage to download from the net?

Because u used to be able to steal the licenses aswell

whifix
06-10-04, 19:49
High capacity blue prints are in now (haven't verified it but the patch notes say it). Licenses are supposed to have 10 uses each and are now (thankfully) not faction restricted. Construction licenses are needed for certain items above TL 55 i believe.

Jesterthegreat
06-10-04, 21:48
Ok, there seems to be lots of misunderstanding here, and most people - including me - havent got a clue about how it is supposed to work. Many people spread false information, and even if some of them are half-true, we arent sure which ones are those.

So, the question are:

- For what exactly do u need a construction license and for how long it lasts?

- Does "faction affiliation" restriction means you HAVE to be within a certain faction to be able to cst item???

- if the above is YES, then how it is possible to use and cst the bps we will hopefully get via the hacknet (somewhere in a distant future, as high capacity datacubes are STILL BUGGED)?

[edit] or maybe... the rumours about the cracked construction licenses are true?

you mus be the correct faction with 90+ symp to buy them.

you must be the correct faction to use them.

this is as it is meant to be.

thats all i know on that

:edit: to clarify

Lupus?

are constructoin licenses suppoosed to by usable by anyone or only by the respective faction? i was under the impression it would be buyable from FSM (IE only the one faction) but usable buy anyone? apparently this was the case but isnt now... things like this not being in patchnotes leaves people not knowing if things like this are new bugs, or stealth fixes :)

Thanks (again :D)

FCL's are useable only by the Faction's members. It's not a bug.. I'll see if it was bugged before and if it was, I'll add it ot the patchnotes as fixed.

MrChumble
06-10-04, 21:51
you must be the correct faction to use them.Negative. See above post, and the game :p

Edit: ok re Lupus's post, they obviously changed yet another thing since closed beta, yet again for the worse.

Gonna go eat pizza now cos if I don't I'll let this rant loose, and that won't be pretty...

fscking kk game designers...

fscking amateur 5 year olds...

Edit of the edit: re Lupus's other post (below), Yay KK don't sux totally and utterly!

Jesterthegreat
06-10-04, 21:52
Negative. See above post, and the game :p

see lupus's PM to me. thats the way it should be and the way he thought it was... if i (and he) are wrong i can assume it wont be for long

:edit: yeah that lupus pm is about 3 days old :) also did one where he told me only faction members can use FSM's (cos a FA was saying he was bugged as he couldnt access TG FSM with 90 TG symp.

FSM's are only for their own faction, as are cst licenses

Dirus
06-10-04, 21:53
The "Faction Only" use was removed last patch, at the time I talked to you I was told they required you to be in the same faction, and it was not a bug that they required it after the one patch.

FCL's (Faction Construction Licenses) are required ot build the "Faction" Items, such as the ones you get from the Database in Hacknet. You need 1 FLC for each item you build.

Also, whats the exact problem with the Datacubes?

Jesterthegreat
06-10-04, 21:55
The "Faction Only" use was removed last patch, at the time I talked to you I was told they required you to be in the same faction, and it was not a bug that they required it after the one patch.

so it is now as i said i thought it was going to be?

(thats not an easy 14 words to read O_o)

i was under the impression it would be buyable from FSM (IE only the one faction) but usable buy anyone?