PDA

View Full Version : Darn HILLS!

BaDDaSS
06-10-04, 01:05
I slipped down a hill, and apparently broke my legs, chest, and head.

After standing still for a while *yawn* i decide to try walk around.
I slip of a smaller hill, and die instantly.

Hills are dangerous kids!
Gravity is not your friend!
... You have been warned!

lol I hate the fall damage, its too intense, lower it a little at least, please :/
Makes life so hard. RL is hard enough :P

plague
06-10-04, 01:14
hehe, fall dmg is half problem relocating when stealth is second half.....did u ever got spoted on a hill and have to stealth lol I did and it moved me right off the clifff.....am sure me enemies had a good laugh afeter...lol

but since stealth is fixed now its not too bad..

Shinto
06-10-04, 14:53
lol i hate traveling around the mountain areas, i expect to die at any point due to hill slippage

Sakletare
06-10-04, 14:58
lol i hate traveling around the mountain areas, i expect to die at any point due to hill slippage
What he said.

Bugs Gunny
06-10-04, 15:11
No problems here, i run the mountains like a goat, and i cling to the sides like spiderman.

Honestly try "sticking" to the side of the mountains.
Fall dammage is less if you move at a horizontal speed as well.

For instance in hacknet i take shortcuts off platforms.... never get fall damage.. I can "glide" in there, taking 5 stories at once.

hinch
06-10-04, 15:14
just put a heal on then jump off negates all fall damage :)

Bugs Gunny
06-10-04, 15:17
Ah, you are one of those PPU-paratroopers then :-)

Sakletare
06-10-04, 15:17
just put a heal on then jump off negates all fall damage :)
No it doesn't. My PPU died outside TH with a holy heal running.

Bugs Gunny
06-10-04, 15:19
Impossible....

I jumped down 4 stories in DOY, with heal sct and holy heal...
Lost half health on impact.

hinch
06-10-04, 15:35
last night i jumped off the 2nd to top lvl of doy center all the way to the bottom didnt loose 1 hp (ppu)

then jumped from crytons at top of p1 all the way to bottom of p1 on my pistol pe and didnt loose 1 hp with only a tl3 heal running

am i doing something wrong or does the game just NOT want me to be able to suicide

Bugs Gunny
06-10-04, 15:40
My guess is deflector is involved....

hinch
06-10-04, 15:42
nope just a heal not even any resist buffs and just straight jump off

Sakletare
06-10-04, 15:42
last night i jumped off the 2nd to top lvl of doy center all the way to the bottom didnt loose 1 hp (ppu)

then jumped from crytons at top of p1 all the way to bottom of p1 on my pistol pe and didnt loose 1 hp with only a tl3 heal running

am i doing something wrong or does the game just NOT want me to be able to suicide
Fall damage seems to be a bit random. I fell off a small hill outside TH and died, a friend fell down the Gaya mine shaft and survived.

SorkZmok
06-10-04, 16:01
Fall damage seems to be a bit random. I fell off a small hill outside TH and died, a friend fell down the Gaya mine shaft and survived.Worst is, even a slight slip down a small hill can take out your legs completely. :(

Shinto
06-10-04, 16:03
Worst is, even a slight slip down a small hill can take out your legs completely. :(
yup i slipped down a little hill outside NC entrance and it broke my legs 8|

___T-X____
06-10-04, 16:19
I think its a joke, lose HP fair enough but not leg useage. Another joke is the basic vehicle bike, if you go into the smallest hole it wont get out. Needs uping in power

whifix
06-10-04, 19:29
I can jump from the 3rd highest part in doy center and survive but if I fall a small distance down a hill outside TH I die. It made me so mad too because I didn't even fall, I glided down the hill by running in the opposite direction of the fall so it looked as if I slowly assended down a small hill and died instantly. Has to be a bug.