PDA

View Full Version : Oii you whiny lot, do your bit to help increase populations! [BitTorrent]

athon
06-10-04, 00:27
That's right - there's something you personally can do!

Switch on the bittorrent and start seeding damnit!
I am currently the only full copy available and as far as I can tell have been atleast all today, if not longer.

Athon Solo

joran420
06-10-04, 00:28
ok fine ill seed it when i get home./.... how do u seed a file that u didnt download of Bit torrent again?

Dribble Joy
06-10-04, 00:30
I seeded over 1:1 ratio of my NC DL, whish is tough on a 512 line.

Lexxuk
06-10-04, 00:33
I dont have NC2 to seed :p

mishkin
06-10-04, 00:35
No way I'm seeding that crap, I'll get arrested for spreading it. NC2 is classified as a virus in Finland... :eek: O_o :eek:

LiL T
06-10-04, 00:35
There are sites that work to download it at a much better speed not my problem they chose a shitty method to download :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
06-10-04, 00:39
Bittorrent is like communism, it works in theory.

It starts with a few seeders, these seed to others, who in turn seed to more.
The more people in the swarm the better the speed and stability as it does not all come from one source, if the original seed goes down, it's not a problem.

Unfortunately, people are selfish fucks.
They will leech as much as possible and cut off as soon as they have the file.

tiikeri
06-10-04, 01:04
i'll help you in 6hours. 4 hours work left, prolly play 2hours and go to sleep at 8.00am. And then i'll put my seed on. Just to help ya out.

darkservent
06-10-04, 01:34

The more people in the swarm the better the speed and stability as it does not all come from one source, if the original seed goes down, it's not a problem.

Yea I LEECH LIKE FUCK AND...... I ALSO USE NETLIMITER TO PISS PPL OFF. But then again if i let my UL bandwidth get eaten away what the fuck how the fuck can I play NC cause ill be like on 1000 ping.

ArgieD
06-10-04, 01:36
you lucky lot...take your time with that download!

Because us who already play it get one rollback after another and get REALLY pissed off!

Xian
06-10-04, 02:09
I've seeded nearly 3.8GB of NC2, to the point where my Azureus started getting weird lag and trouble sending the files. O_o Seeding a fresh directory now. :D

ShadowStriker
06-10-04, 02:10
Why should I?

KRIMINAL99
06-10-04, 03:29

Yeah Id just like to add that communism (and any related idealology) is morally wrong. Simply put, people have a limited amount of resources. They also have a limited amount of competence as to how to use that effort to satisfy even themselves, but they have almost no competence about how to use it to satisfy other people. (except to alleviate immediate suffering)

Since they have less competence on how to satisfy other people with their limited resources (and thus those resources will be used less efficiently) this mode of thinking results in less happiness througout the world. In those type of things you don't even see the people you helped out, so you gain absolutely nothing from it.

If you want a version of this argument tailored specifically to this, a person could use their time doing what they want, or they could waste their time seeding only to have the people they helped decide they don't like the game in 2 seconds in delete it, or stop the download and get it somewhere else etc.