PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] Apartment wipe & rollback

MrChumble
05-10-04, 22:33
Um KK I think your database just went mental. Peoples stuff and appt items vanished at the same time.

Obsidian X
05-10-04, 22:39
If someone beat me to this then forgive me, but it seems myself and a few others have had their entire apartments wiped clean. I lost a tree, more importantly a 2 slot Paw of Bear, 4 slot ultimated Devils Grace and a couple of tech parts. And I'm not amused, just to bring it to everyones attention.

First perma-synch, now this. Not a good night :mad: :mad:

Nidhogg
05-10-04, 22:45
Please refer it to helpdesk@neocron.com if you haven't already.

N

LiL T
05-10-04, 22:47

N

Whats that gonna do eh ? yeah sweet FA cos they don't have item tracking like they said there was gonna be

Spoon
05-10-04, 22:48
Yep, mine are empty......

One week into retail, and there's most likely going to be a ROLLBACK...

Not a good sign......

eprodigy
05-10-04, 22:49
I think all apartments were wiped. Trade nc is an unhappy place right now ;)

Rollback apartments asap!

LiL T
05-10-04, 22:50
Well if my stuff is gone I'm gone I dreaded this and I knew it would happen KK is too predicitable...

Nidhogg
05-10-04, 22:53
Thread merged.

N

Dopey_Jack
05-10-04, 22:54
Um.. this is a temp problem right? 8|

MrChumble
05-10-04, 22:56

N
I have, although I refered them to my thread, which you then merged with a newer thread instead of merging the newer thread with my, superior, thread, so they're going to get very lost.

You know I've tried to post this 3 times now, stop merging threads dammit :D

Ryman
05-10-04, 22:59
yay .......first apt wipe for NC2 .........for those of you that are new this sort of thing happens from time to time so dont put anything you realy value in your apt cabinets

Tostino
05-10-04, 22:59
ROLE IT BACK!!!
I lost everything i brought to NC2... wow this sucks

P.S. i lost a SA and 8 other 4-5 slot weapons...

Spoon
05-10-04, 23:03
Anybody check a clan apartment yet?

errrr...
I just realized I lost all my Tech parts.....

Darken
05-10-04, 23:04
Ive Lost All In My App =(.
Rollback!

phunqe
05-10-04, 23:05
Lost 1 cab of parts + 5 in the other on one char.
None of the others were using there apts forunately.

Wolf
05-10-04, 23:05
Lol just heard about all this on trade & decided to log off, not much point doing anything if theres a possible rollback on the horizon :(

Still, nice little introduction for the new people to the nc way of life :p

(oh god just remembered, if theres a roll back im gonna loose my crahn glove SHIT!) hated that epic.......

MrChumble
05-10-04, 23:07
I think it's pretty much inevitable there will be a rollback, how could there not be and avoid a mass lynching of KK staff?

For now I'm still laughing at the sentry programs firing virus's at spiders :lol:

deac
05-10-04, 23:08
noo lost cabs but i also completed 2 epics... what should I choose o0?!

Darken
05-10-04, 23:10
Well deac, epics you can redo, get your stuff back ? ehh.....

i fucking need my stuff back =(

Obsidian X
05-10-04, 23:11
Like the Saturn crisis of recent I stand to lose out either way:

Rollback: Lose a fair bit of EXP and a Marine chip
No Rollback: Lose my rare melee stuff

Bring on the rollback

Tostino
05-10-04, 23:13
same i will lose my ppr and moveon but i dont care i want my 4 slot 120 all 3 slot free PE back!!! (along with alot of other very valuable guns)

ZyproN
FFS, I know its fucked but luckely I had all my nice stuff in GOGO and I dont wanna go do the epics again ;(

Darken
i got proven Terra DB is almost as fucked up as Saturn DB ;).

Well
i hope they learned something with the last backup messup and did it regulary now.

ZyproN
05-10-04, 23:14
The bug happend after patch? So if they got a rollback just before they patched its cool, please not a few days old one.

paolo escobar
05-10-04, 23:15

N

LOL how about fuck that!!
How about we wouldnt have to if u guys didnt keep fucking this game up even more than it is already!!!!!!
How about put that in ur pipe and smoke it cos tbh alot of ppl are getting really tired of this same old BS from KK.
Its true and u all know it

Wolf
i hope they learned something with the last backup messup and did it regulary now.

*crosses fingers*

Obsidian X
i got proven Terra DB is almost as fucked up as Saturn DB ;).

Well

Or maybe they'll use the snapshot from NC1 as no backup systems have yet been implemented into NC2 :rolleyes: :(

Tostino
I can see it now... we get rolled back to the day we transfered :(

MrChumble
05-10-04, 23:16
"Unfortunately the last available snapshot for a rollback is the one taken to move NC1 chars to NC2."

If I see that I will cry. But it's a scarily likely possibility ;)

Edit: bah 3rd post in a row with the same idea, I gotta type faster :)

Darken
05-10-04, 23:16
*looks at stickys*

Item tracking not in yet.....

:(

ZyproN
05-10-04, 23:17
"Unfortunately the last available snapshot for a rollback is the one taken to move NC1 chars to NC2."

If I see that I will cry. But it's a scarily likely possibility ;)

Edit: bah 3rd post in a row with the same idea, I gotta type faster :)

Noo dude Im tired of doing the epics few times couse my chars need frew Moveone.. Noo not again ;(

Cruiser
05-10-04, 23:20
i thought the appratment database was seperate from the char database, so all they would have to do is roll the apartment one back

.Cyl0n
05-10-04, 23:20
nice some people in our clan just lost cabs of mc5s....

ROLLBACK

Obsidian X
05-10-04, 23:21
The bug happend after patch? So if they got a rollback just before they patched its cool, please not a few days old one.

Best idea yet, wonder if it'll work out that way though.

Probably not :wtf:

EDIT: Gogo's appear to be unaffected by this bug as well, would have thought that they were part of the same DB as apartment cabinets.

eprodigy
05-10-04, 23:22
Yes hopefully they can just rollback apartments ! Or else just screw all you who put stuff in your cabs, what were you thinking ?? Did you think they actually fixed a bug ????

phunqe
05-10-04, 23:24
First I see my cabs are empty.

Then I zone into hacknet, sync for 3 mins, I'm almost dead, cannot draw any spells, and I'm on the bottom...

Is that good.

Wolf
05-10-04, 23:25
Yes hopefully they can just rollback apartments ! Or else just screw all you who put stuff in your cabs, what were you thinking ?? Did you think they actually fixed a bug ????

wooooo be careful posting stuff like that atm, theres gonna be a lot of pissed off people out there just waiting to rip someone apart lol - scary but true :eek:

Anna
05-10-04, 23:29
rollback pls :mad:

i just lost all the items i transferred from nc1
why let us transfer stuff if it gets deleted afterwards anyway :mad:

QuakCow
05-10-04, 23:31
hehe, i never keep anything in my cabinets :p and im too poor too buy furniture :lol:

Yelly
05-10-04, 23:32
As we all know by now many ppl lost their stuff in apps and stuff
Could we not rollback right away ?
That way not so much harm done ?
Please do it fast so ppl won´t scream even more :lol:

Shinto
05-10-04, 23:33
lol think ill not bother playing tonight in the event they do roll back

.Cyl0n
yea fucking rollback already

oh and dont give me this "i did so much in the last 10 hours" BULLSHIT

people lost MONTHS of work

Anna
rollback pls

im not usually the person to go powerposting, but loosing all the stuff you gathered in 2 years kinda makes it a bit different :mad:

Candaman
05-10-04, 23:35
its the ss hijack thread

Yelly
05-10-04, 23:36
Rollback and kick Can***** 's ass ;)

Seven
05-10-04, 23:36
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I FINALLY SNAPPED :lol: :lol: :lol:

QuakCow
05-10-04, 23:38
gratz seven, and i wouldnt mind a rollback, as long as its only a few days...

Shinto
05-10-04, 23:39
if they roll back it should only be to when the patch came out, if i get my strenght rolled back on my tank one more time im gonna delete that fucker and be done with it.

:mad:

Arrakis
05-10-04, 23:40
Well since retail I have done 3 epics (cm, pp, bio) and capped my tank. If KK roll back i'm leaving. I'm sick and tired of kk's bullshit.

angelsenior
05-10-04, 23:43
I hope KK made a backup before patching and if they didnt, they better start doing it from now on!

Way too much bugs after all that betatesting.

:rolleyes: I'm starting to wonder if it was any use at all..... :rolleyes:

Birkoff
05-10-04, 23:43
Has there been an officla word or are we in the dark as ever?

I wish KK would get there fuckig act to fucking gether and start fucking telling us shit.. 2 years late but we can dream.

Shinto
05-10-04, 23:44
Has there been an officla word or are we in the dark as ever?

I wish KK would get there fuckig act to fucking gether and start fucking telling us shit.. 2 years late but we can dream.
darkness as always

Axion
05-10-04, 23:45
KK plz can we have rollback it would help alot.

Seven
05-10-04, 23:45
Can someone please remind again why they increased the monthly fee?

*pours milk over head and sings a tune*

Tratos
05-10-04, 23:46
I really dont understand why i still have KKeep The Faith as my title....as basicly my faith has very almost gone...entirly...

Sort it KK or because of this an click2pay your gonna end up with less people thatn NC1 at the end.

Shinto
05-10-04, 23:46

to see how gullable we all are..........

Wolf
05-10-04, 23:47
There probably trying to word the "sorry last back up was start of retail" announcement as nice as possible.
Throwing in the odd "unforseen problem" or teething problems with the new software/hardware to explain it.

hopefully im wrong, :angel:

[TgR]KILLER
05-10-04, 23:48
nice i lost everything in my cabs to..

but fuck no roleback.. well just roleback all apps.. i bloody just got here today because of the c2p bullshit.. created the clan after the patch got members in after the patch walked 2 chars to TH after the patch dit everything after the patch.

Anna
05-10-04, 23:48

lol funny image :D

ps:

ROLLBACK :mad:

Praetorian
05-10-04, 23:49
Lost 1 cab of parts + 5 in the other on one char.
None of the others were using there apts forunately.

Well, i did unfortunatly... so put me on the list of unhappy campers... :mad:

Oh well, this wont be a problem, because KK backed up the databases just before applying the patch... Right... Right? RIGHT???????

spongeb0b
05-10-04, 23:49
yeah i lost everything and got a new pet in my apt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
edit: oh yeah cept my qb :p

IceStorm
05-10-04, 23:50
All the rares my Combat Spy brought over are gone. My cabinets now have two bottles of wine/booze in them, same as a new apartment's would.

I'd check the rest, but my main Spy can't get up to his apartment in Mil Base and the server's going down in three minutes...

Slick
05-10-04, 23:50
What with all the bugs and stuff, a rollback would be the final nail in your coffin KK.

phunqe
05-10-04, 23:51
The server is shutting down..

MOMMY! I'm sqwuared!!!

darkservent
yeah i lost everything and got a new pet in my apt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
edit: oh yeah cept my qb :p

HOLY FUCK U LUCKY BASTARD, I WANT A PET.

Xeno LARD
rollback

Praetorian
05-10-04, 23:52
First I see my cabs are empty.

Then I zone into hacknet, sync for 3 mins, I'm almost dead, cannot draw any spells, and I'm on the bottom...

Is that good.

yes it is TEH WIN!

phunqe
05-10-04, 23:52
Lol, so that rat invasion etc wasn't an event? I suddenly heard people screaming of spiders in hacknet lol :lol: :lol:

FarSight
05-10-04, 23:53
KK you do rollback in open beta and ok it was BETA but you told us that there will be NO ROLLBACK IN RETAIL ....

n/c .....

BaDDaSS
05-10-04, 23:54
Rename Terra to Saturn.

Server of DOOM!

This error is unaccaptable.
I hope we will be comphensated!

I do not consider a full rollback comphensation.
Apartment only rollback yeah, but not characters.

If this cannot be done, then each individual will have to be comphensated somehow.
Go figure :/

Lexxuk
KILLER']nice i lost everything in my cabs to..

but fuck no roleback.. well just roleback all apps.. i bloody just got here today because of the c2p bullshit.. created the clan after the patch got members in after the patch walked 2 chars to TH after the patch dit everything after the patch.

They cant roll back just the apartments, they did that before and a lot of people lost out, those that had stuck stuff into their apartments just now would lose that stuff, whilst people who took stuff out would have duplicates.

-FN-
Why does nobody believe me when I say you're all paying for a game that is still in the middle of Beta :( I feel for you guys - but seriously, NC2 was released before many things were tested, before many things were finished being implemented, and before it should have been. You should've all seen that when parts from Beta were simply removed for the 'Release' and when large portions of the original .plan and feature list weren't even in the game :(

Brammers
It's a rollback....crap that mean I have to get my clan keys sorted again!!!!

west
05-10-04, 23:55
WTF?

Rollback? Why, who what where?

What is the reason for this KK? Surely NC2 is beyond Beta and past the need for rollbacks or surely you wouldn't have released it so early... /sarcastic mode

SorkZmok
05-10-04, 23:56
Uhm, it said "server shutdown in 5 minutes" not "server rollback in 5 minutes".

o_O

Spy XX
Well there is no way to 100% prevent rollbacks, so i bet they never said "there will be no rollbacks in retail". Just think about it, lets say you have a backup from 19:00 and at 19:05 the server hd explodes, now you HAVE to do a rollback :p

Uhm, it said "server shutdown in 5 minutes" not "server rollback in 5 minutes".

o_O

well when "server down in 2 minutes" was announce they said they will have to do a rollback to 3 PM.

Bronx
WTF is with you people? rollback after fricking rollback. I mean come on. this is really gay.

We have all been putting in countless number of hours trying to get our chars back up to atleast working condition.

I'll tell yea what. You guys at KK that are making the big bucks off us us can log onto my fucking char and redo the Crahn Epic, cuz I will forsure not do it again.

FIX THIS GODDAM GAME.

Redd Harvest
05-10-04, 23:57
u --> (^.^) (*) c=3 <-- KK
tbh

Killfly
06-10-04, 00:01
I'm just gonna bite my tongue until we know for sure, but ffs...

Smoke
06-10-04, 00:01
DAMM YOU INCOMPETENTS kk

i bet you having a party right now making fun of us
i wspend last 5 hours finishing the crahn epic now all gone pfff

We want a compensation this is not aceptable at all.

Got my 2 account in neocron 2 but i will not rnew them pffffffffffff.

Arrakis
06-10-04, 00:02
There hasnt been any shut down messages on Pandore, is this problem just related to Terra?

LaZyBoY
06-10-04, 00:02
Hello I'd like my Crahn Epic glove I worked 2 days to get it and now i need to redue the epic. Its not the only thing i lost but it would make the blow hurt less.

plague
06-10-04, 00:03
There hasnt been any shut down messages on Pandore, is this problem just related to Terra?

proboly like saturn....cuz it run of humster and spining wheel....all normal hardware used for other servers :mad:

SorkZmok
06-10-04, 00:04
How did you loose it?

BaDDaSS
06-10-04, 00:04

Pandore Tomorrow.

ElFunkyArab
06-10-04, 00:05
Wtf is this shit? I mean i completed 3 fucking epics today, tbh i dont give a fuck if ure dumb enuf to store ur stuff in ur apt when you might aswell store it in your goguardian, think about it.......

bradd
06-10-04, 00:06
nice work kk .. i did 3 epics today and went with 1 char von doy to nc.

:mad: :mad:

angelsenior
06-10-04, 00:07
hm a rollback of a few hours is ok for me

LaZyBoY
06-10-04, 00:07
There was a little rollback ...

Smoke
06-10-04, 00:08
Wtf is this shit? I mean i completed 3 fucking epics today, tbh i dont give a fuck if ure dumb enuf to store ur stuff in ur apt when you might aswell store it in your goguardian, think about it.......

yeah but because 10 people loose stuff in app they need to fuck up 200 others so that 10 are happy pfffff

plague
06-10-04, 00:09
and look still no anounsment from KK, they don't even bother tell us wtf happend anymore.....prolly cuz this sht happens way too often and they just run out off excuses...

Seven

GOGO gets full, think about it. ;)

*jumps out window singing Yankee Doodle*

Shurikn
I made some trades to be able to switch the faction and do the epic, which i had finished.....
Now i'm back in my old faction without money.
YAY !!! what a fun!!!!! ..........not :mad:

solling
06-10-04, 00:10
i did the Pp epic and got alot of CM sym almost changed factions and now i gotta do it all over again ? no im not screw this to many times have we had apps whiped and had a roolback how can i ever place anything in my apps again ?

QuakCow
06-10-04, 00:11
having fun seven? anyways being an eternal lowbie (i level EXTREMELY slow) has its advantages :p namely having easily replacable items...but i feel for those of you who lost their rares and other valuable hard-to-obtain items

G.0.D.
06-10-04, 00:11
Sorry for the title...

The roll back on terra has erased my charicters; And now I cant transfer them back. because the flag for already transferd is still set

Anna
06-10-04, 00:13
eek ... bad

i smell flaming :D

SynC_187
06-10-04, 00:14
:angel: :eek: :wtf: :o O_o :D o_O :mad: :( :confused: :cool: :lol: :rolleyes: 8| :) ;) :p

Smileys say hello :)

Edit: This was in no way an attempt to keep this at the top of the forum so people can laugh at KK. Again....

phunqe
06-10-04, 00:15
He-e-e-e-rr-r-e.. ha-a-a-ave some m-mö-m.more crack....

*twitches*

Aaaaaaaalrighty t-t--thne-e-n

Smoke
06-10-04, 00:16
second that i want my epic back

plague
:angel: :eek: :wtf: :o O_o :D o_O :mad: :( :confused: :cool: :lol: :rolleyes: 8| :) ;) :p

Smileys say hello :)
very constructive pos there....

@god that sux, i think they should be able to fix it tho pm some or write to helpdesk(even tho there is none there O_o)....

Anna
Edit: This was in no way an attempt to keep this at the top of the forum so people can laugh at KK. Again....
and we believe you :)

angelsenior
06-10-04, 00:18
man, they ALWAYS release too early, they did it with NC1 and now its NC2's turn :(

Nidhogg
06-10-04, 00:19
Threads merged.

N

SynC_187
very constructive pos there....

@god that sux, i think they should be able to fix it tho pm some or write to helpdesk(even tho there is none there O_o)....

Whats more constructive than keeping it at the top so more people see it?

Which of course I wasn't doing because bumping is against the rules :angel:

Threads merged.

N

Although the same cause this was a completely different problem..... Should be on its own.

P.S. Nid, you know your forced to retire when you hit 8,000 posts? :p

phunqe
Threads merged.

N

Lol, you didn't have to merge in my crack spam :p ;)

Dribble Joy
What is the reason for this KK?
The apt DB died shortly after the last patch, so they rolled back to the backup before it.
Read the launcher info.

tiikeri
06-10-04, 00:20
Please welcome the same thing that saturn had all the time..

ROLLBACKS ARE BACK.

and even tho niddy closed my thread, ppl on German servers please answer:
Did you get rollback?

Anna
06-10-04, 00:20
i did the Pp epic and got alot of CM sym almost changed factions and now i gotta do it all over again ? no im not screw this to many times have we had apps whiped and had a roolback how can i ever place anything in my apps again ?
you cant
you just gotta give it all to me
ill keep it safe :D

Znurf
06-10-04, 00:21
When i played the betas, there was a rollback when i started playing, then i dropped it cause 1) i wasnt paying, 2) it was a beta and everything was going to be deleted and 3) it was in the end and i just started so i didnt care...

However, now the game has gone live, and i thought, yeah, lets try it again then, this time i pay for it and then no rollbacks should ruin my char, and look, what happens? This isnt happening, and why rollback so damn many hours? 1 hrs max!

Fix the chars back, i refuse this crap, if you do rollback now, you wont stop doing rollback later on, so stop that shit ffs, today i ran from DoY to NC and from NC to TH, did the Crahn epic and sold implants for 100k and earned another 100k with my scientist!

Stop doing these fucking rollbacks! IM SO DAMN ANGRY!!!
And now i DO PAY FOR IT! So dont tell me to shut up! Cause now i got the right to complain! Its your job to have the players/costumers happy, and you're doing a shitty job at it!

bradd
06-10-04, 00:21
yeah KK loves teh evil saturn players. The alpha of nc x rules.

bradd
06-10-04, 00:22
Please welcome the same thing that saturn had all the time..

ROLLBACKS ARE BACK.

and even tho niddy closed my thread, ppl on German servers please answer:
Did you get rollback?

its only a terra 'problem'

Killfly
06-10-04, 00:24
Threads merged.

N

Nice to see the usual concern... Over a hundred posts and all we get is 'threads merged' :lol:

mishkin
06-10-04, 00:24
I still believe kk sacked the guy who made the game, and now they can't figure out how to open the cage and give the hamster his food... :o

Anyway, sucks that you have to do rollbacks a week into retail (read: alpha release, build 7)... and I hope for your sake it NEVER happens again, because you just lost at least 10 people to this rollback... (I stopped paying a week ago, so no, I'm not one, I had enough long before this). Don't know what it's called in germany, but here it'd be called "bad business"...

Anyway... just confirms that nothing has changed, all the bugs are still there, all the shitty service is still there... and it's all the same people with new names for their chars (the new ones have already left, because of said reasons) 8|

joran420
06-10-04, 00:25
it was only rolled back a few hours right?

not days or anything....ppl freakin out sounds like it was days but i heard it was only a few hours....

solling
06-10-04, 00:25
kK u must be able to see who was faction MASTER by the time u did the reroll give the peops who was by the time of the rollback the godamn epic 80 % of the server was doing epics and u do a rollback F...F...S

check who was MASTER at the time of the rollback and give em the epic plz
fix this crap and do check cuz of all the OMG i did 19 epics today blah

kurai
06-10-04, 00:26
Pandore Tomorrow.
lol

*wipes coffee off monitor* :D

Dribble Joy
06-10-04, 00:27
However, now the game has gone live, and i thought, yeah, lets try it again then, this time i pay for it and then no rollbacks should ruin my char, and look, what happens? This isnt happening, and why rollback so damn many hours? 1 hrs max!

Fix the chars back, i refuse this crap, if you do rollback now, you wont stop doing rollback later on, so stop that shit ffs, today i ran from DoY to NC and from NC to TH, did the Crahn epic and sold implants for 100k and earned another 100k with my scientist!
They lost the apt database, meaning all items in the apts.
Even the best of MMORPGs do not backup the server data once an hour.
It was fortunate that today was a patch day and that they did a backup, other wise we could have lost half a week or more.
8 hours is not a big roll back.

Brammers
Can I have a rollback on my beer fridge please? There is only one bottle left. :lol:

joran420
it only rolled back a few hours right?

solling
Well problem is its early in NC2 and a LOt of peops was doing epics i for one did PP epic and got 50+ CM sym now i have to do that again and i dont think i should be forced to

everyone is doing liek epics now one clannie did the crahn epic and if u done it u know how long and dreadfull it is

Smoke
06-10-04, 00:28
kK u must be able to see who was faction MASTER by the time u did the reroll give the peops who was by the time of the rollback the godamn epic 80 % of the server was doing epics and u do a rollback F...F...S

check who was MASTER at the time of the rollback and give em the epic plz
fix this crap and do check cuz of all the OMG i did 19 epics today blah

well i whas in last mission of crahn epic just 2 sectors away of finish it, so i want my epic back to, or i realy quit playing i got enough can't handle it anymore.

THIS SUCKS

Nidhogg
06-10-04, 00:28
Nice to see the usual concern... Over a hundred posts and all we get is 'threads merged' :lol:
I'm not going to explain my purpose on the forums again.

N

Dribble Joy
06-10-04, 00:29
it only rolled back a few hours right?
Back to 3pm german today, about 8-9 hours.
Good thing it was patch day today.

solling
06-10-04, 00:30
you cant
you just gotta give it all to me
ill keep it safe

heh safer with u then my appartement apparently

mishkin
06-10-04, 00:31
Well problem is its early in NC2 and a LOt of peops was doing epics i for one did PP epic and got 50+ CM sym now i have to do that again and i dont think i should be forced to

everyone is doing liek epics now one clannie did the crahn epic and if u done it u know how long and dreadfull it is
Today 22:27

First, stop using "peops" as a word, because no matter how much you use it, it'll never be in the english dictionary... And it's damn annoying...

Second, they don't give a rats ass about what people were doing at the time, a rollback is a rollback, you can't give certain people certain privilegies just because they were doing something special at the time...

solling
06-10-04, 00:35
pluto never had this problem :( sigh

Anna
06-10-04, 00:39
well, im off to bed

tx for rollback, really saved me there

BaDDaSS
06-10-04, 00:48
lol

*wipes coffee off monitor* :D

lol, at least someone got the joke :D

mishkin
06-10-04, 00:51
lol, at least someone got the joke :D

I got it too, but I thought it'd look goofy with 2 "lol" posts in a row, so I restrained myself :p

I thought of it like Terra = Earth, right? So "Today, Earth. Tomorrow, the solar system"... :rolleyes:

BaDDaSS
06-10-04, 00:58
I got it too, but I thought it'd look goofy with 2 "lol" posts in a row, so I restrained myself :p

I thought of it like Terra = Earth, right? So "Today, Earth. Tomorrow, the solar system"... :rolleyes:

Um, no lol.

It was supposed to be 'Pandore Tomorrow' (Terra server crashes today, Pandore server crashes tomorrow) being a pun of 'Pandora Tomorrow' the Splinter Cell game :/

Well, i thought it was funny :( lol

Dribble Joy
06-10-04, 01:00
Can't believe he got it wrong. :p

mishkin
06-10-04, 01:01
Um, no lol.

It was supposed to be 'Pandore Tomorrow' (Terra server crashes today, Pandore server crashes tomorrow) being a pun of 'Pandora Tomorrow' the Splinter Cell game :/

Well, i thought it was funny lol
I know... the second part was just something I thought of when I noticed only terra got the rollback :D

Oh, well... I'm actually mad over this, even when I didn't lose anything... From here on, I'm going to tell people who ask me about nc2, how shitty it is and that they should stay away from it at all cost... you should too... :rolleyes:

ArgieD
06-10-04, 01:03
OK does anybody know if there is any other good MMORPG that its developers do not cock up their servers? Something that you don't get your efforts being repeatedly wiped out?

BaDDaSS
06-10-04, 01:06
OK does anybody know if there is any other good MMORPG that its developers do not cock up their servers? Something that you don't get your efforts being repeatedly wiped out?

If we did we wouldn't be here now would we, silly! :lol:

Dribble Joy
06-10-04, 01:08
Just imagine if SOE was running NC2 8|.

Arrakis
06-10-04, 01:09
Yeah it might work.

Znurf
06-10-04, 01:12

Soon there will be a better game, its a bit like neocron, but way better, only read about it so far, no beta has been released yet, but i can promise you i will change to that when it's released, rollbacks 'r us = neocron is you ask me, so far (beta + retail) i've been fucked up with rollbacks!

I want those 200.000 ncs back i lost, for a lowlvl char thats ALOT of money, started playing the hour AFTER they set the rollback to, which means, everything i've done today is gone!

And they should be able to do this, they take the NEW database (the one thats new when they shut the server down, and compare it to the database they have in the database, look up the error, and only rollback the chars that has been affected, cause if i lost some booze in my apt i dont give a shit, then they rollback and all of a sudden that Booze cost me 200.000nc, and screw that!).

And you cant be serious that they only do backups when they release a patch, cause thats like, so fucking stupid, do it atleast once every 12 hours, atleast! And have people be online all the time, cause when there is a big bug like that, it wont be long before they will have runners complaining!

Bullshit if you ask me! And i will never stop the whining about this, not until i got my old char and stuffs back, which, in Neocrons case, will be, never! And therefor, i will never stop whining! Only if you ban me from the forum, and then i'll just create a new account, and stop playing NC, along with my friends...

Edit: And you should also fix the damn client, it takes up ALL memory and CPU, doesnt matter how much mem or how fast your computer is, and then it lags like HELL in DoY CityCenter, and everywhere, and fatals and errors crash the client very often (but that you can live with, but not the rollbacks) :P

Nidhogg
06-10-04, 01:15
Er, KK do backups every day. They do additional backups just prior to patching. :rolleyes:

N

/edit - also, why would you want to create a new account and stop playing?

ArgieD
06-10-04, 01:16
Which game is it? I'd switch faster than a rabbit get shagged!!!

Dribble Joy
06-10-04, 01:18
It's the 'scottish' game, for those who utter it's real name are doomed to fester in the armpit of satan's very own crotch lice for an eternity.

Znurf
06-10-04, 01:19
Er, KK do backups every day. They do additional backups just prior to patching. :rolleyes:

N

I ment if they ban my forum account, i would delete my Neocron 2 account :P And okay, good, But the patch was after the rollback time, it MUST had been, cause i was sleeping when they did the backup the rollback is using :S

Still think its CRAP! I've lost 100% of my work and effort today, and when you're a Neocron addict, thats ALOT! seriously, i've been sitting logged in to neocron since 14:00 GMT+1 today, logged out when the patch and the server shutdown was... Thats it...

Tostino
06-10-04, 01:21
@ Znurf Ok did you lose 8 4-5 slot weapons and a SA??? that is worth a little more then the 200k you lost man. and i am sick of ppl saying "OMG i did 3 epics today! and i have none of what i did" ok if it takes you a day to do 3 epics then you can do it again tomorrow no big loss of time for you... But the ppl that lost all the weapons they brought that is a much biger time sink to get them back...

Dont Mess
06-10-04, 01:23

N

ROFL thats the biggest bullshit ive ever heard, if KK do backups everyday then why did saturn have 2 be rolled back a month

Dribble Joy
06-10-04, 01:24
ROFL thats the biggest bullshit ive ever heard, if KK do backups everyday then why did saturn have 2 be rolled back a month
Because if you had read the threads from mjs and holger and thanny, you would know that the backups were lost when the server exploded.

Znurf
06-10-04, 01:29
@ Znurf Ok did you lose 8 4-5 slot weapons and a SA??? that is worth a little more then the 200k you lost man. and i am sick of ppl saying "OMG i did 3 epics today! and i have none of what i did" ok if it takes you a day to do 3 epics then you can do it again tomorrow no big loss of time for you... But the ppl that lost all the weapons they brought that is a much biger time sink to get them back...

Yeah, but what level are you then? 60/85? Its a bit diffrent if you got your char transferred from NC1 than if you had created a new one, and 8 4-5 slotted weapons, depends on the weapons, could make that with my constructor... Maybe not any good weapons but still ;P

And i built weapons and i found weapons, and all kinds of stuffs, and when you're lv 20 thats lot of cash, 200k... You can be as sick as you want, i dont care, i will still whine about it, im sick of people who whines about whiners :P

darkservent
06-10-04, 01:30
Because if you had read the threads from mjs and holger and thanny, you would know that the backups were lost when the server exploded.

Lol like a nuclear explosion to me.

ArgieD
06-10-04, 01:33
I don't know how to say this, but after that latest rollback, I can't get myself into logging in the game. I feel that it will happen again (and again and again....) What a shame coz I really liked it. It seems I will spend my time online tomorrow at work to look out for new MMORPGs...

Dont Mess
06-10-04, 01:34

yeh lets all believe everything kk says, mayb its true but at the way some of the game is run i wouldnt be suprised. if u knew half the shit i did u wouldnt 2

Tostino
06-10-04, 01:36
Yeah, but what level are you then? 60/85? Its a bit diffrent if you got your char transferred from NC1 than if you had created a new one, and 8 4-5 slotted weapons, depends on the weapons, could make that with my constructor... Maybe not any good weapons but still ;P

And i built weapons and i found weapons, and all kinds of stuffs, and when you're lv 20 thats lot of cash, 200k... You can be as sick as you want, i dont care, i will still whine about it, im sick of people who whines about whiners :P
they were all rares... almost every thing that got wiped was.

Znurf
06-10-04, 01:38
If i had gotten 1 cent each time i had gotten a "Syncronizing" when logging in or "Fatal Error" when trying to zone, i would be the richest man on earth, or perhaps some other NC2 player would be richer, i dont know...

Znurf
06-10-04, 01:40
they were all rares... almost every thing that got wiped was.

Hehe, yeah, but you didnt really answer to what lv you were... and how many chars you got... and how long you played this game, and if you got your char from NC1 (maybe cause i didnt ask all those questions...)
But if you did get your char from NC1, you got nothing to say, if you delete your old account and create a new one, i will listen to you ;)

I think its lame that you can even transfer your old chars, atleast there should be a server where you cant transfer, or a server where you can only transfer, cause its not fun to see, when you created the account the same hour as the game started, and the same sec you get in, you see some lv 70 dude run by, i mean, how fun is that? :P

Lev
06-10-04, 01:59
But I am sooo glad I cancelled my accounts at the end of NC1, gonna have to stick with FN on this one, I am torn between disbelief that KK could let something like this happen, considering it IS only beta 7 though its not that bad, right? I would be really really angry right now, so I feel for you guys, played since beta 4 and decided to finally vote with my dollars. Of course I would love for NC2 to make it, it was one of the most fun games I ever played but the endless bugs and rollbacks and DB crashes ruined it for me, suggest those of you who are frustrated do the same.

(BTW I can still post because one of my accounts is paid up untill the 10th on NC1, hah)

Tostino
06-10-04, 01:59
I am rank 65/65 and i have been playing since jan 04 and yes i did import and i only have 1 caped char cus i played pluto a 1 char server. And why should you not be allowed to transfer?? it is a expansion... It was named Neocron 2 for marketing to let ppl know it is a stand alone product.

IceStorm
06-10-04, 02:01
pluto never had this problem sighYeah, I was really hoping the "new hardware" and "item tracking" would fix the disaster that multi-slot servers are, but apparently not.

Well, I'm migrated to Terra now. No going back, I suppose. Just have to live with it until something better comes out.

ArgieD
06-10-04, 10:38
I still can't get myself to log into the game and start all over again (for the third time).

Even if I do, how long do you thing is gonna be before they say: "We apologise, another rollback will now take place"

Does anybody know if there is another cyberpunk MMORPG available right now?

solling
06-10-04, 11:43
well the problem with THIS rollback was that peops was doing epics and prolly did a whole one that day and plus some and now they gotta do it again they did it in nc1 a lot prolly they did it again now even tho they prolly liek me thought BLAH and now cuz of rollback have to do it one more time :( that is what is bothering me the damn epics

mishkin
06-10-04, 12:03
well the problem with THIS rollback was that peops was doing epics and prolly did a whole one that day and plus some and now they gotta do it again they did it in nc1 a lot prolly they did it again now even tho they prolly liek me thought BLAH and now cuz of rollback have to do it one more time that is what is bothering me the damn epics

Stop it! Stop whining about the damn epics, I just read through the whole thread and counted at least 3 posts that you made, that contained the "word" peops... and they were all about the damn epics... the epics were one (!) little thing that was reset... there were thousands (!) of items lost, apartments reset, characters lost... so just stfu already!

[TgR]KILLER
06-10-04, 16:36
yay for this BS finaly got ingame yesterday because i couldn't pay for my own since c2p is the biggest shit company in the world and kk for going with them..

but now i lost everything i dit in 9 hours yesterday.. brinning my chars over sorting their spells and ammo and shit out unpacking them setting the clan up walking 2 chars to TH.. all whiped.. even all 4 chars are whiped great game KK can't even bloody play it.