PDA

View Full Version : Stop all the bitching...

~King Diamond~
05-10-04, 21:00
I haven’t been playing this game very long, but so far it’s the best game I’ve played that is out. [ edited ] There are always bugs, always will be bugs, and new bugs will happen with every patch. [ edited ] I know not everyone is bitching, but most of you are.

If I understand it right KK is a smaller company as far as mmo’s go, and you can’t expect everything to be perfect. I played UO (Ultima Online-the best online game ever until 2000) from beta to 2002, and Daoc from beta to present time (and still play). Both of those games are full of bugs still, and will always have bugs with every new patch. You don’t know what’s going to happen when you patch something to live servers when 100 people do something with whatever it is you implemented. I also realize that there are old bugs that are still in the game UO, and Daoc have the same thing. They have both been around for years, and still have some of the same bugs from release.

[ edited ] When you want to contribute code, and the man-hours to fix something then go right ahead. [ edited ]

joran420
05-10-04, 21:02
:thumbs up:

yeh i knew ud do good here :)

MrChumble
05-10-04, 21:10
Holy troll batman.

I'm sure in two years, when KK still haven't got droners working or fixed other long standing bugs, you'll be just as cynical and jaded as us :)

NC2 is a great game, but it's more beta-like than NC1 was and they're charging us more for it. And did I mention droners don't work?

I'm not the happiest bunny right now.

kurai
05-10-04, 21:10
No.

If something is broken, I will say so.

Pretending the problems don't exist doesn't help anybody and is simply an example of burying your head in the sand to avoid problems.

KK *have* done very well, considering the paltry budget and size of team they have available, but they could still do better - especially if they could just sensibly apply the resources they *do* have.

People here tend to bitch because they *like* KK & the game for the most part - if they didn't care they'd just fuck off without a word.

I'm probably a fair example ... I've been playing for two years now ... I love the game, there's nothing else like it in existence. However I call a spade a spade and will offer criticisms/suggestions about problems where I feel they are warranted.

Simply ignoring them or saying "live with it - other things in the world are fucked too" is a rather obtuse argument.

joran420
05-10-04, 21:12
hes just saying its not just NC....bugs have been in EQ and DAOC and UO for years and they are some of the most mainstreamed games out there

I agree with him pretty much....constructive critisism is not what hes talking about.....

hes talking about "OMG KK FU u suck" threads
[edit] lol ill let him talk for himself

~King Diamond~
05-10-04, 21:12
I don't have a problem with stating the bugs and getting them fixed. [ edited ] I'm all for fixing bugs, and if I find one I will for sure post/report it.

Wolf
05-10-04, 21:18
Gotta give him credit though, brave post to make as your first - kudos for that :)

*now runs & hides from incoming mountain of flames* :p

Seven
05-10-04, 21:24
I haven’t been playing this game very long.

Then how can you come on here and tell people to stop complaining about all the bullshit "they" and not "you" have been through the past two years? ;)

-FN-
05-10-04, 21:26
I'll just say I appreciate his optimism ;)

But what is a pessimist except and optimist with experience.

Gotterdammerung
05-10-04, 21:31
please try and post in a normal fashion and leave out the trolling and flaming.
ie: king diamond

Seven
05-10-04, 21:32
I don't have a problem with stating the bugs and getting them fixed. [ edited ] I'm all for fixing bugs, and if I find one I will for sure post/report it.

And when you do report them (and there will be a lot) as I and other's have for the past two years and the bugs are still there two years later, how would you feel?
Not to mention that you had to lose 95% of the stuff you earned in the past 2 years and pay more per month for it.

You would be a bit pissed off too. :D

sira
05-10-04, 21:34
a pessimist is an optimist with no fun and no hope and a shorter life.

Lexxuk
05-10-04, 21:37
please try and post in a normal fashion and leave out the trolling and flaming.
ie: king diamond

you forget to mention that the "normal fashion" for most is trolling and flaming, so...

heck no, we like to bitch, gives us something to do! cept me, i dont bitch, though there is a logical reason for that!

~King Diamond~
05-10-04, 21:39
[ edited ] Did you not even notice the part that I have put up with the same bugs for 3+ years in other online games? [ edited ]

GIJ0e
05-10-04, 21:42
I haven’t been playing this game very long, but so far it’s the best game I’ve played that is out. [ edited ] There are always bugs, always will be bugs, and new bugs will happen with every patch. [ edited ] I know not everyone is bitching, but most of you are.

If I understand it right KK is a smaller company as far as mmo’s go, and you can’t expect everything to be perfect. I played UO (Ultima Online-the best online game ever until 2000) from beta to 2002, and Daoc from beta to present time (and still play). Both of those games are full of bugs still, and will always have bugs with every new patch. You don’t know what’s going to happen when you patch something to live servers when 100 people do something with whatever it is you implemented. I also realize that there are old bugs that are still in the game UO, and Daoc have the same thing. They have both been around for years, and still have some of the same bugs from release.

[ edited ] When you want to contribute code, and the man-hours to fix something then go right ahead. [ edited ]

i'm contributing the cash i earn from a job i hate for THEM fix THEIR game. just bcoz its not a normal business model doesnt mean i am not a customer. at the very least this gives me the right to some good natured bitching. when you have been here a while, perhaps you wont be so chipper.

-=BlackBeard=-
05-10-04, 21:43
[ edted ] Did you not even notice the part that I have put up with the same bugs for 3+ years in other online games? [ edited ].

[ edited ]

if we dont report stuff and btich nothing will happen its good in the long run

Lexxuk
05-10-04, 21:47
[ edited ] Did you not even notice the part that I have put up with the same bugs for 3+ years in other online games? [ edited ]

OMG, Derisor? is that you?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

jiga
05-10-04, 21:48
I'll stop bitching when...... I CAN RE-IMPLANT MY LE

And also your bitching about bitching. [ edited ]

plague
05-10-04, 21:58

i dont like er sig....apu is fine but nerf melee...

on topic, i'll never stop bitching cuz if u dont bitch sht doesnt get fixed and there is alot of stuff to fix in nc, so alot of bitching.
:D

§FS§Red Wing
05-10-04, 22:00
I report bugs when I find them. But I also like to express my thoughts, especially when things worked and now don't anymore(remember in beta you could buy high capacity datacubes).

MrChumble
05-10-04, 22:07
If I didn't bitch and moan people might mistake me for someone who's well adjusted and normal O_o

I have an unfounded belief that KK fix problems based on how much people shout about them. It hasn't worked for para, monks, droners, trikes...or anything really...but it's a convenient theory so I'll stick to it for now.

jernau
05-10-04, 22:47
I'll just say I appreciate his optimism ;)

But what is a pessimist except and optimist with experience.
The Onion said it best :

Optimist half full of shit
Personally I prefer to be a realist. ;)

Shinto
05-10-04, 23:26
if we dont complain then KK would do anything to fix shit.

say like the stealth bug that has been sorted in recent patch, would KK of fixed it so quick if noone had complained. nah i dont think so.

ya some of the posts on this forum are just whiney bitchy threads, and there are certain offenders time after time.

however some thread are needed, as they raise issues that are problems within the game

and tbh end of day this forum is here for us to post, since whining isnt against forum rules people will whine.

and lets face it you aint gonna win anyones opinions with that first post, i just looked at all the edits and laughed

dont get me wrong i agree in essense with what you say, but then you say you have lived with te bugs for 3 years..

sorry but its just wrong that we have had to live with the bugs for that long.

when i see a RL bug, i squash it, not let it live breed and make more bugs

same thing for game ;)

~King Diamond~
06-10-04, 00:39
[ edited ]

As for living with bugs for 3 years it was shouted/reasoned/explained/begged about, and it didn't do anything to fix em. If you see/find a bug then by all means start a thread about it. However, anytime I see some OMFG WTF SHIT DAMN MOTHER F'ER STUPID KK etc...is exactly what this thread is referring to.

plague
06-10-04, 00:41
and u say stop bitching....ffs ...STFU dude, just look whats going on this shit is rediculous...

Lexxuk
06-10-04, 00:42
[ edited ]

As for living with bugs for 3 years it was shouted/reasoned/explained/begged about, and it didn't do anything to fix em. If you see/find a bug then by all means start a thread about it. However, anytime I see some OMFG WTF SHIT DAMN MOTHER F'ER STUPID KK etc...is exactly what this thread is referring to.
ahh, the innocence of the new player, most people around here were like you on their first day but slowly, ever so slowly, they got eaten alive by hippo's and all we are left with is the evil people :p

LiL T
06-10-04, 00:45
[self edit]

Maybe its cos people are fed up and getting really fucking pissed :mad:

/EDIT when you play this game for a long time with shit happening more than once with new bugs and fuckup's every 3 months you get pissed nuff said. starting a bug thread about a bug that has been in game for months even years is pointless so only way to get it fixed is this

OMFG WTF KK!!

Nidhogg
06-10-04, 00:45
~King Diamond~, last warning on your thread. Cut the flames or it's gone.

N

joran420
06-10-04, 00:48
rofl

naw hes right though every other MMORPG out there has bugs too...maybe not as many, or as often....but i crashed in EQ too(not that often though) difference is it would take 10 minutes to log back into EQ...... I crashed DAOC...COh I never crashed...but oh well...crashed SWG

and tbh soz u guys lost a whole 8 hrs of leveling ....but this shit is kinda to be expected (prolly for teh first month) of any MMORPG...especially when dealling with KK

they cant not roll back, then far more ppl would be screwed than the 20-50 players who got their epic screwed up

tbh a rollback was teh lesser of two evils

plague
06-10-04, 00:51
Maybe its cos people are fed up and getting really fucking pissed :mad:

haha, i was pissed whn my hybrid got nerfed the FIRST time(remember that?), by now my feeling toward kk can not be expressed in human language......but I like teh game play so much that i can't stop....so here is the delema: do i like game or do i hate kk more...it's 50/50 now...very close.

notneo
06-10-04, 09:32
i must say im not far off re condidering the fate of nc2 on my hard drive,got it down loaded ok

click to pay ok

memory leaks all the time??? wtf???

the game as it stands is unplayable unless you stay in one zone and wait for passing mobs/enemy factions to appear.Tradeskillers are just a target ,can you expect people to find you in the fac hq,or get to tech haven as a pure tradeder???.
Must say i hate the no safe zones in nc city,dammit i do like pvp and i do like op wars but watching my ass all the time suxx,i got better things to do after a 11 hour shift at work than having to watch out for the idiots who just want to shoot me when im trying to do the epic

ArgieD
06-10-04, 10:45
~King Diamond~, last warning on your thread. Cut the flames or it's gone.

N[ edited ]

Vithar's edit - Check your PM's please.

solling
06-10-04, 11:39
If something is broken, I will say so

there is a BIG differance between biatching and saying if something is broken
if more peops said something was broken to KK etc in stead of whining and biatching maybee more thing would get fixed its hard to take someone seriously when they have a *fuck* and *shit* in every sentence

notneo
06-10-04, 12:00
erm they dont listen in my experience

so many problems,as long as they have a core player base who are willing tp pay then its a case of tough luck,apparantly they cant even track their data base yet which was one of the features promised

Shinto
06-10-04, 12:04
[ edited ]

THE_TICK!!!!
06-10-04, 12:04
bleh..its coming along...keep on chuggin kk...we with ya no matter what lexxuk says ;)

Shinto
06-10-04, 12:05
bleh..its coming along...keep on chuggin kk...we with ya no matter what lexxuk says ;)
plus since lexx dont play we can ignore what he says :D

Richard Slade
06-10-04, 13:08
With a nice skip over page 2 (and alot of trolling it seems) I must say it's really really nice to see decent people around.

It's quite simple, as I've stated before, KK has given us a chance to change, not often seen in MMOs.
Also, yes there's bugs, there's bugs in all games. However I do feel there's more in NC2 than many others.
BUT we must count in the fact that the KK programmer team isn't the biggest..
It's infact very very small compared to... ummm.. all other games..
We must never forget that

jernau
06-10-04, 13:13
KK has given us a chance to change, not often seen in MMOs.
You lost me there

we must count in the fact that the KK programmer team isn't the biggest..
It's infact very very small compared to... ummm.. all other games..
We must never forget that
Not ALL other games.

ArgieD
06-10-04, 13:13
It is funny how:

You email helpdesk and get ignored....

You start a thread and get editted....

How on earth are we gonna get some feedback other than warnings and gagging?

Lord Mansion
06-10-04, 13:37
~King Diamond~,

Who the hell are you to tell people to stop bitching?

Glok
06-10-04, 13:43
or get to tech haven as a pure tradeder???You mean you have never run a 0/2 noob to TH or from TH before? Easy as pie.

Lexxuk
06-10-04, 13:45
plus since lexx dont play we can ignore what he says :D

dont make me hurt you!!! :p

Selendor
06-10-04, 13:55
While there are a lot of complaints on this forum, I think that 90% are justified, while 10% are people over reacting to smaller issues. Remember that this is a game people are paying a constant monthly fee for, as well as the initial purchase fee, that implies a service, and after 2 years of very little, you can expect complaints.

Personally I'd be worried if the complaints stopped, because that means more people have quit. I remember back at the time of Neocron 1 retail there were a hell of a lot more posts that we are currently seeing.

KRIMINAL99
06-10-04, 14:08
This is not a group or community effort. Its really simple. We pay money, they supply the game.

The difficulty in providing a good game comes into play with the concept of competition. If KK are truly trying their best and have done things the best way possible (very unlikely because this requires near infinite vigilance and searching for better ways to do things) then noone could create a better game. If they aren't then one day someone may come along and produce something similar but do it much better.

If you want to tell people to stop complaining then tell them if they don't like it they can leave, but if they choose to stay then accept that choice and don't whine unconstructively.

However this is a public forum and people are going to share their opinions and discuss weather they think KK could do better or not, because if they see that things could easily be handled better than that means that another company probably WILL come soon that will do so.

The size of their team etc, also does not concern us. What does concern us is how much does the game cost.

Drexel
06-10-04, 14:53
I just wanted to be part of the second most edited thread ever (the first was locked :( )

Oh, & the day i stop bitching here is the day i have quit & un-installed.

ArgieD
06-10-04, 15:06
This is not a group or community effort. Its really simple. We pay money, they supply the game.

The difficulty in providing a good game comes into play with the concept of competition. If KK are truly trying their best and have done things the best way possible (very unlikely because this requires near infinite vigilance and searching for better ways to do things) then noone could create a better game. If they aren't then one day someone may come along and produce something similar but do it much better.

If you want to tell people to stop complaining then tell them if they don't like it they can leave, but if they choose to stay then accept that choice and don't whine unconstructively.

However this is a public forum and people are going to share their opinions and discuss weather they think KK could do better or not, because if they see that things could easily be handled better than that means that another company probably WILL come soon that will do so.

The size of their team etc, also does not concern us. What does concern us is how much does the game cost.

Well said mate! A very good approach to our feelings!

joran420
06-10-04, 17:37
well the game cost me 20.00 USD (less than 1/2 of what most games cost)
I pay by six month block so thats 8.55 a month (also less than any MMORPG as i believe for 6 month payments the average is 10.00 a month)

and i gotta say after 2 years id still rather be playing NC than anyother game

oh wait i found a cheaper game for all of u on about price

www.tibia.com
enjoy teh cheapness

www.everquest.com
enjoy solid client performance and shit game play for only dollars more a month

jiga
06-10-04, 17:55

What is it with mods and lack of humour? It was a joke. I call him a bitching bitch and then someone quotes me and called me a bitching bitch bitcher and then we all quote it and laugh...

BlackDove
06-10-04, 18:22
LOOK AT ME WOO HOO I AM SPECIAL AND DO NOT COMPLAIN

Seriously King. You don't know what you're talking about.

Gunner_turret
06-10-04, 18:53
~King Diamond~
Try to understand that Some people (not me) dont know how to make a game, so they have no idea how hard it is, (I think its hard as hell, and thats just making 2d games!) But if you nag all the time then KK will know what to fix first!,
P.S
I love patchs :P