PDA

View Full Version : Shaun of the Dead

Frotto
05-10-04, 20:46
Anyone else seen this? Its funny as hell... if you like british comdey... You people (brits) are amazing. I love this movie... contemplating ordering the dvd off of Amazon.uk.co... i'll have to rip it to remove the region coding but i think it might be worth it :)

What did everyone else think?

Spermy
05-10-04, 20:51
You have to get spaced while your at it - best comedy series ever.

It's got the fella from Sotd in it, funny as hell.

Frotto
05-10-04, 20:55
and exactly what is "spaced"

Saza
05-10-04, 21:01
Personally I think it's overrated, funny - yes, but nothing special.

Edit: Shaun of the Dead that is :)

GIJ0e
05-10-04, 22:03
Personally I think it's overrated, funny - yes, but nothing special.

Edit: Shaun of the Dead that is :)

its genius. anyone who disagrees is automatically wrong
:p

sorry :D

Spermy
05-10-04, 23:32
and exactly what is "spaced"

Spaced is a comedy series about two people who randomly meet - and get a flat - much hilarity ensues as they get to know each other, and themselves

(geez I could get a job writing blurb on cases!)

Theres probably the odd episode on warez or kazass if you want to try before you buy. Got me thorugh many a rainy day at uni this did - sitng with my mates watching a few episodes whilst eating rice and pasta for the umpteenth day in a row.

Xeno LARD
05-10-04, 23:34
This film is awesome, saw it a few weeks ago.

Dribble Joy
06-10-04, 00:48
Spaced is surreal, just as a forewarning.
The zombie episode is one of the best.

Tidus_Origin
06-10-04, 11:34
The Res Evil 2 episode of spaced is what SoTD was based on :D
There was also a Spaced episode based on Tekken 3, but the Res Evil 2 one was better.

Revslad
06-10-04, 15:44
i only saw shaun of the dead a few days ago.. that film is so damn funny through the whole film, not a boring part in it :D

MkVenner
06-10-04, 23:16
yeah i thought it was funny as hell, tho so was dodgeball which was recent

___T-X____
06-10-04, 23:31
Couldnt get into it....

Its a british export comedy film, and we have so much similiar TV stuff on the box all the time i just didnt find it that new....

Spermy
06-10-04, 23:58
I'm not liking the british film scene at the moment - It's either a crap attempt at drama - WHICH WE SUCK AT ANYWAY. or it's this Asian girl power crap ala bend it like beckham, Bride and prejudice. Theres a reason it's called bollywood. Because it's freaking bollywood, not mainstream british motherfuckers! AAAARGH!!!!

Nowt against it - just targeting the wrong bloody audience.

MkVenner
07-10-04, 01:00
it seems the only films were truly good at is london gangster films, like lock stock and snatch, coz layer cake is a great film

Spermy
07-10-04, 11:14
I can't wait for layer cake.

It looks sweet as.

Top british films.

Old version of italian job. (it's called the frigging italian job! not americans poncing around in minis! :mad: )

Get carter.

Snatch

Lock stock

Trainspotting.

Nuff Bloody Said. :angel:

Bloodstorm
07-10-04, 11:32
Anyone else seen this? Its funny as hell... if you like british comdey... You people (brits) are amazing. I love this movie... contemplating ordering the dvd off of Amazon.uk.co... i'll have to rip it to remove the region coding but i think it might be worth it :)

What did everyone else think?

I've seen the trailer.

sanityislost
07-10-04, 12:28
Got my hands on it late last night, will watch it when i get home n tell ya what i think :D

SiL ..:..

Frotto
07-10-04, 16:00
There's a movie called Gangster No 1 thats pretty friggin awesome. Dont know if its british though...