PDA

View Full Version : Patch 108 Notes & Discussion

Thanatos
05-10-04, 19:31
Not that much to discuss as most of the stuff has been left out because it needs further testing. We patched today to fix an exploit.

- Fixed an exploit.
- Fixed "push-away effect" when using certain weapons/tools, e.g. stealth tools
- Fixed bug in dialogue script faction check function
- Dialogue scripts now use the runner's faction sympathy instead of his clan's faction sympathy

Some of the stuff for the next patch:
- Fixing lots of epic bugs.
- Fixed all PAs: You can play now all emotes and animations on every PA.
- Fixed PSI-PA not playing any cast animations. Works now.
- Added Weaponattachbone: You can see now your weapon on your PA.
- All PAs now use the MOCap animations instead of the old one.
- Increased all PA texture resolutions up to 512² (old one was 256²...)

Sorin
05-10-04, 19:32
You also fixed construction recipes, thanks. :)

Birkoff
05-10-04, 19:33
No WoC :(

Nevermind.

naimex
05-10-04, 19:34
Not that much to discuss as most of the stuff has been left out because it needs further testing. We patched today to fix an exploit.

- Fixed an exploit.
- Dialogue scripts now use the runner's faction sympathy instead of his clan's faction sympathy

- Fixed PSI-PA not playing any cast animations. Works now.
- Added Weaponattachbone: You can see now your weapon on your PA.
- Increased all PA texture resolutions up to 512² (old one was 256²...)

WHERE IS THE GOD DAMN "VEHICLE ENERGY PACKS" CANNOT BE RESEARCHED FIX ! ?!?!?!?!?!?!

hudsonbeck
05-10-04, 19:34
Ty :)

Thanatos
05-10-04, 19:36
It will be in tomorrow's patch naimex. Sorry for not putting it in today but we had to throw this patch together real quick to prevent this exploit from spreading.

whifix
Are hacknet datacubes in yet? Or is being delayed for a reason?

40$Poser
hmm, any chance you guys are even looking into fixing the horrid memory leak? Or is it going to remain a feature and be listed on the boxed version? :(

Chess -
05-10-04, 19:37
WHERE IS THE GOD DAMN "VEHICLE ENERGY PACKS" CANNOT BE RESEARCHED FIX ! ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks naimex. I think everyone should post this way... now I don't need my glasses anymore :lol:

phunqe
05-10-04, 19:37

I KISS YOU YES!!!!

EDIT: lol@Chess :p

Jesterthegreat
05-10-04, 19:38
hmm, any chance you guys are even looking into fixing the horrid memory leak? Or is it going to remain a feature and be listed on the boxed version? :(

if this isnt done by the time PC Zone releases the client it would be a bad move...

Tratos
05-10-04, 19:38
@naimex Right Here

Read before posting, it helps.

Saza
05-10-04, 19:40
Hm... worked for Naim.

Thana I have been going on about this for ages, where do I get the BD epic drugs from?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

:p

athon
05-10-04, 19:41
Another great patch - and another one planned for tomorrow! Keep up the good work.

Athon Solo

Saza
05-10-04, 19:43
Another great patch - and another one planned for tomorrow! Keep up the good work.

Athon Solo
They didn't specify tomorrow actually... We can hope though :)

naimex
05-10-04, 19:43
It will be in tomorrow's patch naimex. Sorry for not putting it in today but we had to throw this patch together real quick to prevent this exploit from spreading.

aww man !! ive waited like since thursday or friday to get on with the FA epic

i cant even do missions to get symp up cuz im doing the epic !

Maester Seymour
05-10-04, 19:44
Nice 1 :)

Tomorrows patch sounds great too, good work :D

BaDDaSS
05-10-04, 19:45
lol naimex, don't you feel mean when you post like that and Thanatos answers in such a nice way :)
hehe, MEANY :P

Tratos
They didn't specify tomorrow actually... We can hope though :)
Read Thanas second post ;)

Reading Before Posting Helps ;) ™

Lachlan
Could you elaborate on this? Does this mean FSMs also? I think we were told it was by design that FSMs used clan's faction sympathy, was that incorrect?

Thanatos
05-10-04, 19:47
We changed the design yes.

Saza
05-10-04, 19:47
Read Thanas second post ;)

Reading Before Posting Helps ;) ™
Good point..... SHHHHH!

So Thanatos..... any official word on where I get my drugs from please?

zii
05-10-04, 19:52
No idea what you changed but my client has not crashed once since 108. Still holding my breathe :)

Lachlan
05-10-04, 19:55
We changed the design yes.
Thanks for the clarification. Oh, and by the way, I love the patch-a-day thing. It does a body good!

Agent L
05-10-04, 19:56

PLEASE DON'T FUCK UP LAST COOL THING

joran420
05-10-04, 20:08
sex at FSM using runner symp...although now ppl can stay clanned when they are killing allies and it wont penalize teh clan....i kinda liked it using clan symp(although i could never talk to FSM)

Spermy
05-10-04, 20:11
Just out of curiosity - what was the last exploit?

Brammers
05-10-04, 20:14
The FS fix is very welcomed, save me a major hasle with logistics and moving stuff around.

Keep them coming KK. :D

Dribble Joy
05-10-04, 20:49
FRE on zoning. MB sec1 to clan apt.

___T-X____
05-10-04, 20:58
Ive just been kicked out of my faction while trying to finish and TS Tpic ive been doing for 2 days, raised a support ticket and nothing.

http://img57.exs.cx/img57/7469/finalstraw.gif

Now that character cant progress without help.

T X on Terra

Dirus
05-10-04, 21:08
BD Drugs after epic completetion should be obtainable from the "Storage Boss" NPC.

CoreKeeper
05-10-04, 21:12
Just out of curiosity - what was the last exploit?

I would like to know that too. :angel:

Shurikn
05-10-04, 21:14
still no MB apts. to buy ..... :confused:

james_finn
05-10-04, 21:34
BD Drugs after epic completetion should be obtainable from the "Storage Boss" NPC.

Lupus where is this NPC? I have just run around lots looking for it, maybe this needs to be put in the end of the epic dialogue, so people know where too look for their reward :p

Delphi

soundphed
05-10-04, 21:50
W......O......C comon guys fix it

GIJ0e
05-10-04, 21:55
can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please?

please? :(

i dont even want droner PA anymore, i just want to drone :(

naimex
05-10-04, 22:13
lol naimex, don't you feel mean when you post like that and Thanatos answers in such a nice way :)
hehe, MEANY :P

not really.. cuz it takes tops 10 minutes to fix it..

and its about 5 days since it was reported..

ZyproN
05-10-04, 22:14
I would like to know that too. :angel:

me2 :p

shend
05-10-04, 22:14
nice to see so many patches coming up in a short time.
since caps seem to have some sort of impact on kk

fix the drone bug please

Dribble Joy
05-10-04, 22:23
Responded to a call about a BD (afaik) pker in MB gr room.

I enter into sec1, get some fps lag stuff, then I open the next door, fall over dead and go into sync.

Spoon
05-10-04, 22:28
Thx...

Keep them coming.....

And...

What's the status of the drone bug fix?

Psyborg
05-10-04, 22:35
KK i am likin these constant patches...shows u actually care somewut :)

Anna
05-10-04, 22:41
can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please? can you fix droners please?

please? :(

i dont even want droner PA anymore, i just want to drone :(
can you fix droners please?

.Cyl0n
05-10-04, 22:46
well... sex anna

:angel:

MindMaze
05-10-04, 23:10
no sex cylon

.Cyl0n
05-10-04, 23:14
no sex cylon

omg sex EE !!

get your ass on icq i gotta talk to ya sexy :D

IceStorm
05-10-04, 23:53
If I'm supposed to see my weapon while wearing PA, I don't. My Spys both have rifles in Slot 1 and I see nothing on the back of my armor.

Of course, if this is the price I pay for being rid of the effeminate Psi casting animations, I'll gladly opt for it...

Killfly
06-10-04, 00:14
I like the patch apart from the bit that screwed appys up again :rolleyes:

DigestiveBiscui
06-10-04, 01:00
ummmmm

the animations STILL dont work with PA on

neither do the new emotes... with PA on

so.....what did that patch do?

Guu
06-10-04, 01:02
ummmmm

Allow me to answer that, as it was not posted anywhere at all. No, really, it wasn't. I had to read all the code myself to find out. No kidding:

- Fixed an exploit.

Dribble Joy
06-10-04, 01:04
ummmmm

Numpty. :p
He said that is what is planned for the next patch, but would have been in this patch if there wasn't a slight delay and this thing with the exploit.

QuantumDelta
06-10-04, 01:06
Nice to see you back :p

--

Nice to see the next patch tomorrow, and good fixes in these.
Keep'em coming.

Edit;
Is this scarily starting to feel like a real MMORPG to anyone? ya know...constant updates o_O

IceStorm
06-10-04, 01:18
Is this scarily starting to feel like a real MMORPG to anyone? ya know...constant updatesWhat are you talking about? These aren't updates, these are patches to fix fundamentally broken parts of the gaming world and engine. In many cases, it's fixes for things that were already fixed in NC1!

Remember all that sunshine blown up our asses in the Sneak Peeks? The only thing implemented properly so far is the DoY maps. Everything else is partially broken or completely missing (item tracking and player shops).

This isn't Neocron 2, it's Neocron 1 1/2. I'm half-expecting Leslie Nielsen (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000558/) to pop up as an NPC somewhere...

King_Boa
06-10-04, 02:04
Want to say thanks for changing the faction sym system now i can put my barter in clan

Boa

Radamez
06-10-04, 05:18
Good stuff, stealth finally fixed.

Sort the memory leak and i'm happy.

BlackDove
06-10-04, 07:08

FYI Thanatos - Lupus solved it today, by putting an NPC that just simply trades the packs for blueprints.

Adds a nice touch to the epic feeling. I'd leave it like that personally.

ino
06-10-04, 08:33
Sounds like I finaly can put on my monk pa and not look like a I dont know... fuck up..

Havent tried but will do when I get home :).

JustIn_Case
06-10-04, 08:59
Sounds like I finaly can put on my monk pa and not look like a I dont know... fuck up..

Havent tried but will do when I get home :).

Anotherone that didnt read the post...
Next patch, not this one.

FarSight
06-10-04, 11:03
dunno where to post bugs (no thread O_o) but why not here ?
TH:
- 2 vendors in TH-1 named "TOOLS" actually sells antigama bones
- you can enter "TH Hidden Base" from inside TH but you cant go back (door interface dont work - no message, when use door itself message - "item already in use" or similar), either you can go out to wastelands (E07 i think - no interface on doors), only one way to go back either TH or E07 (not tested) is "/set reset_position 1"
- FA High Security Database Script stops after chooesing "Maintenance Tools" option (i hadnt hacknet dc with me so either is totaly bugged or should give me some info about not having hacknet dc but dont stop w/o info)

btw.
- "/set reset_position 1" takes now way too long time ..
- there is nothing intersting in "TH Hidden Base" .... 2 city comms lol
- in "TH Hidden Base" are FA Sentry guns 120/120 but its safe zone (cant draw weapon) so prolly its suicidal (mayby not for PPU) now to go there with hostile faction to FA (not 100% sure was there on FA char)
- im not sure but i think i read in some patch notes that hacknet mobs shouldnt drop from their positions and fall down now ... in fact they are still falling down

Dargeshaad
06-10-04, 12:19
Sometimes reset position can be done instantly by alt+tabbing fyi

Jaenus
06-10-04, 13:20
Hacknet mobs are infact bugged. With a lvl 3 defence at ~480% I was killed by a couple of rank 40/40 mobs in TG infected storage 2 within a few seconds.

The mobs in the infected storage 1 do just about no damage at all - even without the defence software running o_O

Inside hacknet my char is rank 52/52 with about 180 hack and 100 TC.

Hazard01
06-10-04, 13:27
- "/set reset_position 1" takes now way too long time ..

This is normal, reset position takes about 2 mins. Was shortend for beta testing.

- in "TH Hidden Base" are FA Sentry guns 120/120 but its safe zone (cant draw weapon) so prolly its suicidal (mayby not for PPU) now to go there with hostile faction to FA (not 100% sure was there on FA char)

FA Secret HQ (?) is in a hunting area and I was able to draw weapons there. But I got the feeling you are talking about something different :confused:

msdong
06-10-04, 14:32
Hacknet mobs are infact bugged. With a lvl 3 defence at ~480% I was killed by a couple of rank 40/40 mobs in TG infected storage 2 within a few seconds.....

did u attack them or just try to run past ? the 60 Ping packets are pretty tough but if u take them out as fast as possible they are ok. but i wonder how anyone travels travel without V3 soft :)

amfest
06-10-04, 14:37
Sometimes reset position can be done instantly by alt+tabbing fyi
I'd call that an exploit. A 50% chance exploit but an exploit never-the-less. Would suck for people if some pk'er came in killed a whole lot of people . .was near to death . .runs from people trying to protect . . does the reset command from one side of the map where he got everyone to chance him too . .then alt tabs and now is at the reset position and runs the other way >_>

Jaenus
06-10-04, 14:44
did u attack them or just try to run past ? the 60 Ping packets are pretty tough but if u take them out as fast as possible they are ok. but i wonder how anyone travels travel without V3 soft :)
I shot one of them once and took about 80% of it's health off.. then I died. That was with an outstanding lvl 3 attack software at ~450%, pleanty of hack pool etc but still didn't have time to fire twice.

I'm talking about the infected storage not the travel zones. Infected storage starts you within shooting distance of a couple of mobs.

Doc Holliday
06-10-04, 15:07
i love how the bugs are in retail. still in retail. constant updates are not a good thing when it should have been fixed before the game went gold. i feel for the people who mistake this game for finished "again".

FarSight
06-10-04, 15:16
FA Secret HQ (?) is in a hunting area and I was able to draw weapons there. But I got the feeling you are talking about something different :confused:

Place im talking about is inside TH-1 ... hidden door interface (looks like small rooten box) lead you to place with turrets and loooong ladders that leads you way up .. on end there are door and after them you zone to E-07 (if i remember correctly) ... there are next doors w/o iterface so you cant go to wastelands (as stated in previous post). And btw FA NPC when asked about hidden FA base (mayby HQ .. im at work now) told me that is in Energy Core 2 or smt .. so mayby we are talking about 2 diff places

SyncError
06-10-04, 17:27
This isn't Neocron 2, it's Neocron 1 1/2. I'm half-expecting Leslie Nielsen (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000558/) to pop up as an NPC somewhere...

LMAO.

Crest
06-10-04, 17:39

Been there, done that .. got from NC allt he way to Syncon ...
Run is the secret ... Run passed and zone wait for health to puch up a bit, and repeat ... The 120 120 ping of death concerned me but It never got to that , cause I ran (yes Run Forest Run)

QuantumDelta
06-10-04, 19:18
Place im talking about is inside TH-1 ... hidden door interface (looks like small rooten box) lead you to place with turrets and loooong ladders that leads you way up .. on end there are door and after them you zone to E-07 (if i remember correctly) ... there are next doors w/o iterface so you cant go to wastelands (as stated in previous post). And btw FA NPC when asked about hidden FA base (mayby HQ .. im at work now) told me that is in Energy Core 2 or smt .. so mayby we are talking about 2 diff places
That's been there, and, like that, since Neocron 1.

Tech Haven is not the FA HQ.
Tech Haven is not the FA Secret HQ.

The entrance you tried to get into is basically another way into TH-1, there's a HUGE drop after that entrance, that uses ladders, rather than the grav lifts at the main TH1 Entrance.