PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference?

ShadowStriker
05-10-04, 08:33
I didn't make it into the nc2 Beta, and don't have the funds atm to set foot inside nc2.

So I'm just curious, besides adding the dome of york zones what are all the differences between nc1 and nc2.

IceStorm
05-10-04, 09:15
Engine leaks memory like a sieve. There is a nice free memory counter that shows when you're out of physical RAM, though.
Faction-specific items are in-game. Of course, they go along with faction-specific parts that cost well over 50k each and require constructions licenses that can only be bought by someone in the respective faction with a Faction Sympathy of 90. This is for a TL1 Stiletto, mind you...
Hacknet's in, but Hacknet's database scripts aren't all finished and the mods for the software aren't in, either. Implants aren't working in Hacknet yet, so your SF, SA, Hack 1/2/3, and Advanced Nerves imps are useless. You also fall off if you stray a little from the prescribed path.
Fall damage is back and can kill you once again.
Safezones were changed. Now Faction HQs, Clubs, and TH are safezones. Plaza 1 is now a PK zone.
Many epics are broken. Either NPCs are missing or missions don't work/aren't given properly.
Stealthing causes people to catapult into the air. Combined with fall damage, this means many dead spies...
Recycling, Construction, and Research missions were removed. New ones are coming, but until then it's deliveries, Quickjobs or extermination missions.
Faction alliances changed radically. All Pro-City are allied or Neutral to each other, but Hostile to all anti-city factions. The reverse is true for all anti-city factions. City Mercs is neutral to all but TG.
They increased the height of some zones using gravlifts. They didn't squash the bug that keeps you at the top of the gravlift after riding one, though, so people go up, come back down, but still appear to be at the top. They're invisible in local but can still click on/fire at people...
Players stores aren't in yet.
Item tracking isn't in yet.

It's pretty bad. NC1 was more enjoyable. Right now it's a bugfest. I don't believe any major Sneak Peak features other than the actual DoY maps are in and working 100%. They're patching, but it's going to take a while, judging by the pace they're going at.

Dribble Joy
05-10-04, 09:16
WoC
Player shops
Player models
DX9
More quests
Epics
Item distrubution system between the factions
More dynamic faction symp system.
New items
StockX 2
Item tracker

Sure there is more.

*Note: Not all the above may be fully implemented yet.

Birkoff
05-10-04, 09:21
[list]
It's pretty bad. NC1 was more enjoyable. Right now it's a bugfest. I don't believe any major Sneak Peak features other than the actual DoY maps are in and working 100%. They're patching, but it's going to take a while, judging by the pace they're going at.

Nice post... i think that somes NC2 up pritty much. *sigh*