PDA

View Full Version : Hacknet harder?

Ripper76
05-10-04, 01:07
I was in the hacknet yesterday and could travel without any problems, I would get attack every now and then. Now I can't even get to DoY Travel 2 area before getting wasted. The other day I traveled to NC area and everything. LOL .. can't do nothing now, which kinda sucks.

I finally have the money for my hacknet software and can't even make it to the MB now to get it. I wish they would either put hacknet software in DoY, or at least make the hacknet alittle more easyer to travel in.

Blacksword
05-10-04, 02:37
thats weird. only problem i have is getting bumped off the platforms now. never happened in beta, but now ive fallen 4 times. I havnt had a problem just running past the packets in the travel areas, for me it seems to take a while before they aggro. my only problem has been when i do fight them, they tend to fall off themselves, or bring a shitload of packets with em.

Ripper76
05-10-04, 03:30
thats weird. only problem i have is getting bumped off the platforms now. never happened in beta, but now ive fallen 4 times. I havnt had a problem just running past the packets in the travel areas, for me it seems to take a while before they aggro. my only problem has been when i do fight them, they tend to fall off themselves, or bring a shitload of packets with em.

Yep, thats the way it was yesterday, but now after the newest patch they attack on sight with little or not chance of getting pass them if they hit you more then a few times in a row.

Yesterday before the patch you could easily just run pass them and get to where ya want to go, they attacked but it not as bad as they do now.

QuakCow
05-10-04, 05:53
if their gunna make hacknet harder they should give noob hackers some kindof horrily bad attack software to atleast try to defend themselves...

kurai
05-10-04, 09:39
The mob strength is definitely a bit off right now.

Wakey, wakey KK - there aren't any PPUs in there that you have to scale the mobs against.

It's 90% spies.

Please balance accordingly.

sanityislost
05-10-04, 11:38
if they make it so u cant fall of think it would be of since the high end
software is close to high end ppu n apu spells. tho that said, i think the mana
cost for the ppu soft is way too high.

SiL ..:..

kurai
05-10-04, 11:41
Oh - and while I think of it ...

Give hacknet software `casting` or `firing`animations that are visible in 1st person mode, and a visible track to target.

Currently you have no idea if anything worked or not.

Frotto
05-10-04, 16:34
hacknet is moody right now. Last night (everything post patch) I was in hacknet killing 60/60 mobs in the level 3 corrupted database or what ever its called. Then after i cleared the room (after falling off the edge twice) I zoned and came back and those things were kicking my arse... i mean OUCH! like 4 shots and i'm one dead mofo. Maybe those mobs were there from before the patch so their damage wasnt as bad... but if thats the new damage then i'm done with hacknet cause that shit hurts.

Also is it possible to get past 93 - 94% on software builds? since they aren't rares that is...

And are implants supposed to work in hacknet or do we really have to have natural hack to use hacknet? (i.e. I have 106 hack outside of hacknet... but only 86 in hacknet because my sa and sf dont count) Just a question, i'll lom if i gotta.

Birkoff
05-10-04, 17:15
Made a pure hacker, i think hacknet is one of the things im really happy about with DOY. Its not how i think it should be and is a little bias on Spies TBH but its really fun sometimes. The mobs are a little hard ATM and the PPU modules take to much mana but its only been in retail a week or so this is one thing I think KK need time to get right.

MrChumble
05-10-04, 17:44
Well my hacker finally got enough int to use the attack level one spell. Play it safe, I thought to myself, so I went into the corrupted database 1, thinking the mobs in there would be aimed at newbie hackers.

To cut to the end, I take less damage from warbots. I couldn't even get close enough to check the mobs rank, but I'm sure it's like 20/20 or so from what I remember. One hit took me to 0h, 2nd killed me. Not quite what I'd expected from the easiest hunting area. I guess I'll go back to shooting aggies, oh the joy and excitement.

Birkoff
05-10-04, 17:48
Well my hacker finally got enough int to use the attack level one spell. Play it safe, I thought to myself, so I went into the corrupted database 1, thinking the mobs in there would be aimed at newbie hackers.

To cut to the end, I take less damage from warbots. I couldn't even get close enough to check the mobs rank, but I'm sure it's like 20/20 or so from what I remember. One hit took me to 0h, 2nd killed me. Not quite what I'd expected from the easiest hunting area. I guess I'll go back to shooting aggies, oh the joy and excitement.

TO back up KK there, i don't think leveling in Hacknet is meant for people that only jsut have enough hack/TC. Remember your HP is hacknet isn't based on ur HLT. Im only **/24 and i can kill the 60/60 mobs with ease which IMO is about right as im made purely for hacknet. I do however think the mobs range should be reduced a LITTLE and shoulg agg a LITTLE slower so that jsut runnig through hackner isn't as dangerous as it is sine the last patch.

MrChumble
05-10-04, 17:51
I have just enough weap lore to use my pistol, all the rest is hack (~90) and my overall rank is ~18 (I forget exactly). I'd hardly expect to be kicking ass, but on the otherhand I'm almost entirely specced for hacknet so I would expect to survive more than two hits in the easiest database :(

Edit: does hightech affect your health? And what kind of dmg do the mobs do, energy? I've not got any base resists yet, doesn't make much sense to me that HN mobs would do damage in the same way as normal world mobs.

Birkoff
05-10-04, 17:58
TC helps ur mana/damage/ROF/range it ewven helps ur HP i think. But its definatly not jsut a req to use the attack software(nearly typed PSI modules :p).

MrChumble
05-10-04, 18:02
And why the fuck can a crahn sit in the NC Mainframe without a care in the world :mad:

What the hell kind of mainframe wouldn't have some protection.

Edit: and why is there no chat channel for the city so I can TELL people there's a crahn camping the mainframe. God I fscking hate KK so goddamn much at times. Maybe they didn't translate Game Design for Five Year Olds into german or something.

Birkoff
05-10-04, 18:30
Yea well Tradechannel should be custom for where you are anyway. Maybe there isn't enough pop but seeing trade-NC in DOY is a bit odd. Myabe a hacknet channel only viewable by hacknet people as well(maybe city/doy based)

Killfly
05-10-04, 19:51

Were u using regen software? I took a boat-load of damage until I remembered to use that before scrapping
:lol:

MrChumble
05-10-04, 20:26
Got a shield and regen software, both player built.

I can kill the ones in Storage 1 in one hit now...the problem is they almost do the same to me :D

I think hightech makes a big difference to power and range, so I'm pumping points into that just now. If it turns out it doesn't at least I won't have to LoM to use obliterator :)

§FS§Red Wing
05-10-04, 20:42
You'll have to get used to the fact that you have almost no range advantage anymore, not even with full capped software.
Also the higher lvl mobs are way too strong now, they shoot as far as I do and kill me in 3 hits(that is with regen and deflector activated)...I'm 68/44 now, there is not that much room for improvement left.

To sum it up : no hackboosters, no armor, no buffs, no imps and mobs that are way stronger than any similar mob outside hacknet. Something's wrong there.

MrChumble
05-10-04, 21:05
Doesn't help that the damage is random in the extreme, anything between 10h and 200h per hit from a level 20 HN mob. The level 40 ones can kill me in one hit before I even get close enough to fire at them.

Also there's sooo many bugs. Spell casting fails more often than not, most of the mobs are pissing about down the bottom of the hacknet and you can take leg damage in hacknet. Even for KK, with their well established hatred of unimpaired movement, that ones a bit crazy.

I think HN is one for another day, it's just not ready for general use yet :)