PDA

View Full Version : Oh my, and idea from me

Lexxuk
05-10-04, 00:15
Which means it is naturally the best idea ever and you will all vote it 5 stars or I'll die, and come back and haunt you even watching you in the shower in my ghostly form. Ok maybe not, but the theory is valid.

Anyhow, I was thinking about how awful looking the GUI looks in NC2, and it looks too flowery to me, kinda like the stuff from a hippy mmorpg, not a cyberpunk mmorpg.

So I got to thinking, will Britney Spears ever pose in Playboy naked, and after that I wondered about chocolate flavoured pizza before finally thinking "wouldnt it be cool if KK released some kind of tool so that the people out there could design their own GUI skins?"

I thought of games which allow this, like Uplink and Championship Manager, give the people the tools to make GUI skins, how hard can it be, make a BMP image with a few predefined boxes that are pure black with white edges (these would be the item holders, so 10 for QB item 1-10, 1 for Chat etc..) then people would be able to create their own works of GUI art and stick them up for the world to see.

The actual GUI skin would be just a BMP image so would have no possible way of being used in a bad way to allow people to sex dead people or anything like that, but would give the tallented people of the NC community something to do in their spare time, i.e. when they are in work.

Candaman
05-10-04, 00:17
Oh my, and idea from me

shouldn't it be "An idea from me?"

MkVenner
05-10-04, 00:17
that would absolutly rock, but i think i heard the guy who designed the RPOS dont want no one fukin with it lol...might b wrong tho

Lexxuk
05-10-04, 00:19
shouldn't it be "An idea from me?"

would you believe me if I said no? :o

I think it was Ihorge who designed the original one, but in the beginning Uplink wasnt skinnable, the interface was set up until some enterprising people went "OMG LOOK WE SKINNED IT!" and then the makers of Uplink fully supported the stuff, which was nice of them, then sites popped up with Uplink themes and Uplink computers and lots of stuff for Uplink.

Personalisation of the game :D

Naturally I have no talent for this at all but thing its a kosher idea :D

MrChumble
05-10-04, 00:27
As MJS designed the RPOS himself - can't think of any other reason they'd be so adamantly attached to it - I can't see them doing this, but yes it would be an excellent idea.

I started off defending the RPOS. Then I was like "ooh it's not so bad in 1280". But now I've pretty much come to the conclusion that it's completely shit. I mean it looks nice, I can't fault it there, but it's so unfit for the purpose it needs to fulfill. It's too big, too flowery, not even transparent in default mode now cos it looks so bad (a clue enough in itself that it's seriously flawed).

I hope KK fix it or let one of us do it for them. Cosmetically the NC1 rpos was fine. Integrate the improvements to layout and functionality that came with NC2 and I think everyone would be happy.

Shinto
05-10-04, 00:29
didnt read lexs idea, i just say ditch the NC2 hud, its shit end of