PDA

View Full Version : Can you level as a hacknet hacker?

whifix
04-10-04, 22:19
I'm considering starting a new char to have as a dedicated hacker. Would it be possible to level him in hacknet? If that's no then is it possible to level at all in hacknet?

Raven
04-10-04, 22:50
You need at least 30 INT to use Attacking Software, so you have to do some other skills first. Then you can level in hacknet - I don't know how hard it is as a low-lvl hacker to lvl there since the patch, but it is possible.

whifix
05-10-04, 00:48
Thanks for the info.

NaKoth
06-10-04, 14:51
After INT 30 I have been leveling only in hacknet. And i have to say that the 60/60 mobs are bit overpowered ...maybe.
Im using ver.2 defence and regen soft with 400ish % on em.
all skillpoints are in hack, health, tc and few resists...
3 hits from the 60/60 monster is enough to kill you.

the 40/40 mobs are bit more easy, but its hard to clear out the entire place without zoning to heal up between.

So leveling in hacknet, is possible, but surely not easy (or even a thing to consider atm if u want to level up in a decent speed).

I hope they add some more / different programs (mobs) or tweak further the current system.

Also a BIG issue is that whenever the mobs shoot (it gets worse if many shoots you) the WHOLE hacknet disappears an d only the GRs stay visible.
It is impossible to even run away from them, since you cannot see the "road" or the platforms. (I know im not alone with this problem, so it cannot just be my graphics/computer setup)

Raven
06-10-04, 15:00
3 hits from the 60/60 monster is enough to kill you.
How many health do you have? Because it needs much more than 3 hits of the 60 mobs to bring me down. I can keep one shooting at me while I'm waiting for my hacking-pool to regenerate.

Bugs Gunny
06-10-04, 15:07
The problem with hacknet disappearing and the roads becomming invisible while mobs shoot you and push you off is happening to everyone.

It's a bug in hacknet.

Militaryman
06-10-04, 16:49
I can say that I have the same problem of dieing in several hits.. There are times I get down to the single diget health numbers within seconds of zoning into the level 2 storage (level 40/40 mobs) I even find that when they get the chance to attack me "and they do.. their range is insane after patch 108" the 20/20 mobs are a bit bothersome too.. hitting for 90-130 damage per hit.. a bit buggy if you ask me.

I have 450 Health on the hacknet right now, along with some resists and still notice these problems. The 60/60 and higher are out of the question for me as I can hardly handle the lower level stuff as it is.

All of these problems started after the 108 patch, as before it.. there were problems but the mob balance was pretty fair. ;)

Raven
06-10-04, 21:28
Oh, you were talking about the 60ish mobs in the data storage, right? He, now I know what you mean... Thought you were talking about the 60ish mobs in the travel firewalls.

Well, the turrets seem a *bit* overpowered, yes.