PDA

View Full Version : The New 'Terra' Atmosphere

-FN-
04-10-04, 20:36
Like many other NC1 Plutonians - I'm not playing atm and kinda hanging back and waiting to see how things go. From what I hear, the populations are no better than the counts near the end of NC1 with servers dwindling around 100-200. NC1 easily had 500-600 people on at it's release. Judging from the hearsay combined with KK's statement of 'adding servers as needed', There may never be a 1-Slot International. If those population counts are true, I wouldn't want one right now anyway. I'd just log onto NC1's Pluto now instead.

My other concern other than population in general is the atmosphere. I couldn't stand the 'Anonymity Shield' on Saturn in NC1 and KK hasn't done anything in the way of Runner/Account Identification or restriction. That, coupled with the fact that most everyone will have runners in the factions with the most needed items (i.e. BioTech's implants, Crahn's PSI Modules, etc), I'm curious as to how the atmosphere of Terra is at the moment.

Is it the same as the old Saturn? Is it any more/less mature? How is the political integrity? The random noob ganking? The player scamming? TRADE spamming? Economy? How are the "Terrans Previously Known As Plutonians" handling/liking/disliking the transition?

Please speak up for those of us who are still incredibly skeptical about 'donating' to the cause that is questionably worthy...

THE_TICK!!!!
04-10-04, 20:40
well FN i heard THINGS :wtf: I heard its a gankfest bigtime..the SATURN asshats runnin rampid..and of course our favorite uranus asshats joining in the fun..from what i heard you cant hunt alone OR in a small group..cause tehre is gangs of misfits runnin round pkin like mad...there is LOTS of GR killin as well..ive heard this all third person..since i cant play atm..but its fairly reliable...

joran420
04-10-04, 20:42
just wait if ya dont wanan play....its still NC....

yeh pops havent been spectacular....

I wouldnt expect a 1 slot anytime in the near future

with that said im having easily as good a time as in nc 1(cept rare part hunting and money farming start to wear thing after several concurrent hours)

i havent seen much ganking ...although theres usually 6-7 on teh ncpd most wanted list(lol i love being able to get their locs) a suprisingly high number of REd SL peeps dont hid in their apts.

msdong
04-10-04, 20:44
as im coming from uranus i was a little afraid of what will happen when uranus and saturn get merged.
until now its pretty cool on terra and i dont miss a thing.

maybe all the "bad guys" moved to the german 4 char :D

joran420
04-10-04, 20:47
naw there still there...just NC 2 game mechanics make it a real bitch not only for anyone who kills allies but their entire clan....so ppl arent out ally ganking as much

G.0.D.
04-10-04, 20:50
Im moving to terra :rolleyes:

[TgR]KILLER
04-10-04, 20:52
din't get attacked once yet in doy on husks tank :p din't see any ganking exept the time we kinda fought some evil city people ;) my account aint active yet.. but anyway all is going good imho.

Dribble Joy
04-10-04, 20:53
It's as bad as it sounds, I narly quit last night simply because I am totally fed up with the fucks that inhabit terra atm.

joran420
04-10-04, 20:54
DJ ...who? i have yet to run into any allied gankers

MrChumble
04-10-04, 20:59
Terra is a dangerous place. From the moment you step out of your appt to the moment you log off you need to be watching your back and trying to think one step ahead of the enemy. Journeys to outzone for items are dangerous. Tradeskilling in plaza 1 can be lethal if you're not wary.

Never pay up front for a poke, you might never get what you paid for. There are theiving scum around and they're not going to get upset if they rip you off.

Trade chat is more likely to feature assorted "My Wang > Your Wang" conversations than actual trade, but it adds to the sense of conflict. There's an undercurrent of aggression everywhere. Everyone's out to prove themselves.

The battles seem quite one sided so far. The Yorkers have far easier access to Neocron than NCers have to DoY. On top of that there are multiple safe areas for Yorkers within NC, which they can operate out of with a fair degree of impunity. There are no such luxurys in the Dome.

It's a time of war, of clashing egos, of new beginnings and continuing conflicts. Walk warily, walk wisely, but do walk, because we're all going somewhere together, for good or ill.

Lachlan
04-10-04, 21:00
In my experience, it hasn't been too bad. I still flinch when I see certain names come up on local, but they usually pass me by without a second glance. I haven't seen any of the reported GR camping or rampant PKing. Then again, I don't go to those areas looking for a fight either (yet).

It's just like anything else, you know where the ganking is generally going to happen. You just try to avoid those areas or bring backup.

You're kidding yourself if you think Pluto never suffered from any of those things. They were just worse on Saturn due to the higher populations. What did tick me off about Saturn was the "you killed me, I'm gonna log my allied alt and kill you when you least expect it."

At least you can be a little more sure that the alt that gets logged will be from an enemy faction. The new faction sympathy and trade system is not very forgiving in that respect. It's a pain in the ass, but it's worth it.

hudsonbeck
04-10-04, 21:05
DJ ...who? i have yet to run into any allied gankers

Same.... I only got killed once and that was by an enemy faction as i was trying to get into TH.

I run around all the time in DOY and have not had any trouble... NONE.

The biggest problem i have is all teh assholes spamming Trade and using Trade for things other than 'trade'

Hudson

[TgR]KILLER
04-10-04, 21:07
*looks around* yea heard about some people pking at MB but in DOY and all leveling places i never been killed yet.. even all former enemys are keeping cool and all.. din't have any problems yet :/

THE_TICK!!!!
04-10-04, 21:11
hmm maybe my source is bein a wuss....lol he in for it now..im callin him POOOOOCCCCC when i see him again :P

MrChumble
04-10-04, 21:13
I've been attacked a few times, but only by enemy factions. I've not seen any GR camping at all, yet, but as this was as much a problem on Pluto as anywhere else I can't really see how it matters from an 'atmosphere' point of view. Same rules apply as always - go through stealthed or go through buffed :)

Trade spamming is a huge pain in the ass. I mean I really don't give a flying monkeys that "england > wales tbh" or "horns are just love handles". Take it to OOC, that's what it's for (or back to the playground, damned kiddies). Of course the PA rule applies. Trade-NC has a bigger audience therefore attracts bigger fuckwads.

Server population is very disappointing. I know KK haven't really started a marketing push yet outside of germany, but if the german server counts are anything to go buy there's no reason to expects miracles to come. Terra is more or less equal to the german 4 player server in terms of population. This is by far my biggest concern; without a big influx of new players NC2 is doomed.

I like Terra though, it doesn't seem much different to Pluto or Saturn to me (and I always thought the only difference there was the name).

It does still feel like playing a beta though. There's just so much stuff that's half finished, and the new trade system hasn't really kicked off yet so getting hold of items is quite a torturous struggle at times.

If KK fix the problems and get more players then I think Terra will be a great place to play. Same old NC, same old PKers, same old trade spammers. Nothing really changes :)

Lexxuk
04-10-04, 21:15
I would just like to point out for Mr Chumble there, Wales > England. Thats all :p

Inchenzo
04-10-04, 21:15
it's just like i'm used to with saturn, so it has it's nice homey feel.

QuakCow
04-10-04, 21:16
i never played nc1, so i woudlnt know what it was like, but terra seems friendly enough for me anyways...

Dribble Joy
04-10-04, 21:18
The [self-edit] are in CM on terra and not the server that speaks the same language they do.
That alone was nearly enough to get me to pack my bags.
Cause me way too much shit on uranus allready.

That and the attitude people have, one CM (unclanned, but high rank) was in MB and constantly abused me for no reason in the GR room for a good 10 mins.

The whole stupid incident yesterday with the CAs, CMs and CSs which despite the fact it may have been hired help, meant that a KoS on not just the clan/runners involved, but all of CM.

MrChumble
04-10-04, 21:18
i never played nc1, so i woudlnt know what it was like, but terra seems friendly enough for me anyways...
Omigod a real genuine noobie! Maybe I underestimated KKs marketing :D

Opar
04-10-04, 21:19
Okay, this is BULL SHIT. People stereotype people form Saturn as 'asshats', 'random noob gankers', 'gay', whatever. ITS BULL SHIT.

You make out that Pluto was some big haven of a sharing community where everyone loves everyone else and people ask before killing someone. Fuck off. Your talking shit. Pluto was no better than Saturn, it just had less people so people didn't notice it as much.

Need you people pick on Saturn so much?

"Terrans Previously Known As Plutonians" handling/liking/disliking the transition?

Oh for fucks sake. I can already see (or rather hear, by the way people are talking) that Terra is going to become a (shitty) little 3-way fuckfest. Plutonians on one side, saying 'omg saturn pls dont n gank us or our leet pkars will keel you all'. Saturn on another side, saying 'omg we wont gank joo we r nice underneef! But Cartel sucked'. Uranus players, sitting there, well. Just, sitting there :p (That was an example, btw :p)

How can 5% of the old Saturn population tarnish Saturns reputation so much that, if someone plays on Saturn, they suddenly become a random gankage cock sucker. Or, if someone plays on Pluto their a carebear who hasnt seen over 90 people on a server for XXX amount of months. Or someone plays on Uranus, so they dont do shit. Dont categorise people, people. If people start ganking random noobs, scream at them then. Scream at THE PERSON WHO GANKS YOU.

Just needed to vent some steam.

EDIT : Oh yeah, and FN, why do you seem to treat 'Plutonians', differently? 'How are they handlin... the move?'. They're big boys now, im sure they can fend for them selves.

EDIT2 : Fuck off.

Frotto
04-10-04, 21:19
Terra is not that bad... i've not ran into any trouble thus far. No one has even tried to pick on meh... maybe thats because i'm dangerous and all... i dunno. But it might be. Anyways, I think part of the trade channel problem is that there is no Doy Trade Channel atm... after they implement that it should be fine that way it will split up all the asshat'd conversations that go up and it will only be half as bad. Also i think that pro city shouldnt see what anti city (trade channel wise) is saying and vice versa... i mean come on you should care about who you sell that rifle too... you dont want to sell that 5 slot dev to a guy thats just going to kill you with it... no no no... keep you allies more equiped than your enemies...

MrChumble
04-10-04, 21:21
You make out that Pluto was some big haven of a sharing community where everyone loves everyone else and people ask before killing someone. Fuck off. Your talking shit.
I have to agree there. Pluto never had any shortage of complete cunts. I mean people who were genuinely through and through nasty people. Not in-game persona types, just pure arsehole in real life and game life. Most of them seem to have been banned or left though :D

THE_TICK!!!!
04-10-04, 21:23
we love you OPAR :)

joran420
04-10-04, 21:24
see ppl in NC 2 cant kill allies or it penalizes the whole clan until the offending party raises sympathy or is kicked from clan

I know im gonna make a symp whore for meh clan and i think we should boot ppl slaggin down our symp....but not up to meh so we'll see what happens ...give it a few more weeks to see how stuff pans out

[TgR]KILLER
04-10-04, 21:27
last thing i gonna say on the thread.. if your all so mature and stuff try to act like them and not flame the hell out of somebody.. FN asked for opinions about the server judging on what he heard.. and he asked the OLD pluto guys because he always played on pluto.. makes sence to me.. why do people still fight over what server was the best and all that bs we'r all on 1 server now forget the past damnit.

Frotto
04-10-04, 21:31
My post comes from a previous pluto native. btw :D

Opar
04-10-04, 21:34
KILLER']last thing i gonna say on the thread.. if your all so mature and stuff try to act like them and not flame the hell out of somebody.. FN asked for opinions about the server judging on what he heard.. and he asked the OLD pluto guys because he always played on pluto.. makes sence to me.. why do people still fight over what server was the best and all that bs we'r all on 1 server now forget the past damnit.

Old Plutonians?

How are the "Terrans Previously Known As Plutonians" handling/liking/disliking the transition?

Pardon my ignorance, but he seems there to be asking anybody who used to play on Pluto. As if they are 'different'.... Maybe i'm in the wrong here, but there are people here (mentioning no names) who believe that Pluto is some kind of 'upper-class' server. Like 'Oh yeah, theres no noob gankers on Pluto, so we > all'.

I dont wish to piss on anyones parade here, but beleive/thinking Pluto is 'that bit better' than the other servers, needs to realise the harsh reality, that is Pluto was in no way, shape, or form, peachy perfect.

Lexxuk
04-10-04, 21:36
I played on Pluto, I'm different <3

Opar
04-10-04, 21:38
I played on Pluto, I'm different <3

We know your are Lexx, in your own, special ways :rolleyes:

[TgR]KILLER
04-10-04, 21:39
Pardon my ignorance, but he seems there to be asking anybody who used to play on Pluto. As if they are 'different'.... Maybe i'm in the wrong here, but there are people here (mentioning no names) who believe that Pluto is some kind of 'upper-class' server. Like 'Oh yeah, theres no noob gankers on Pluto, so we > all'.

I dont wish to piss on anyones parade here, but beleive/thinking Pluto is 'that bit better' than the other servers, needs to realise the harsh reality, that is Pluto was in no way, shape, or form, peachy perfect.

here i reply again wasn't meaning to but ok..

Pluto aint different then any other servers.. played all my time on pluto and there were pk fests and noob gankers and the whole. maybe its you thinking that people are thinking pluto is better then all the other servers.. and FN was referring to the people who used to play on pluto.. cause he knows those people and doesn't know the other people.. its like the thread asking about the pluto clans still alive.. you always ask things towards people you knew first.. i do anyway..

but now i realy posted my last post in this thread don't need old server so last year server bashing atm.

QuakCow
04-10-04, 21:42
well, from my unbiased point of view ( :p ) all 3 of the old servers had their owns pros and cons as communties go...but it doesnt really matter much as were mostly on on one server now...so why keep arguing?

(the forum thingy says height = 100...mines at 100...oh well)

Opar
04-10-04, 21:43
KILLER']here i reply again wasn't meaning to but ok..

Pluto aint different then any other servers.. played all my time on pluto and there were pk fests and noob gankers and the whole. maybe its you thinking that people are thinking pluto is better then all the other servers.. and FN was referring to the people who used to play on pluto.. cause he knows those people and doesn't know the other people.. its like the thread asking about the pluto clans still alive.. you always ask things towards people you knew first.. i do anyway..

but now i realy posted my last post in this thread don't need old server so last year server bashing atm.

This is not JUST about -FN-, its just the general atmosphere when I talk to Pluto players (with the exception of perhaps Saza)

Lexxuk
04-10-04, 21:44
well, from my unbiased point of view ( :p ) all 3 of the old servers had their owns pros and cons as communties go...but it doesnt really matter much as were mostly on on one server now...so why keep arguing?

good point, though Pluto managed to develop its reputation cause I was there, and I'm so god damn sexy, so Pluto was the sexy server :D

btw your sig is too high :p

[TgR]KILLER
04-10-04, 21:46
btw your sig is too high :p

you can't tell people about their sigs i dit that to once and niddy told me in pm that i couldn't because it was trolling.. din't even know what trolling was thb but then he explained it to me :D

LiL T
04-10-04, 21:49
You think the pking thats going on now is something to cry about ? just wait till everyone is done with epics and got clans going. But as for allied pking I got pked once on my constructer by a melee tank he got rip apart by my alt and a few other people there. I don't think allied pking will be a problem you get a bad reputation for killing greens and you will be hunted down.

Cut the saturn = arseholes thing thats bullshit I tryed pluto and I got pked 60 times and quit it was just as bad

Opar
04-10-04, 21:50
KILLER']you can't tell people about their sigs i dit that to once and niddy told me in pm that i couldn't because it was trolling.. din't even know what trolling was thb but then he explained it to me :D

Last post? :p

SilKK
04-10-04, 21:50
id say saturn is very mature atm

Shinto
04-10-04, 21:51
its all good as far as im concerned, ive managed to kill about 10-15 people so far who wernt paying attention to there surroundings.

gank em from behind :D

tbh ive had mostly nps, in fact the asshats who been giving me shit on OOC(im sure they were doing it on trade also, but i dont have trade on ;) )were all plutonians so far.

ya GG for all you people who think saturnites are asshat central.

personally im loving the game atm, im back to playing lotta hours were as the last few months on NC1 i was like meh cant be arsed to play.

now im more or less back into the old way of things, tho the performance of the game its self is letting it down and making me stop playing it at times

edit: err lex, his sig is 100 high, thats allowed

LiL T
04-10-04, 21:52
id say saturn is very mature atm

I'd say that too judging by the names I have never seen befor spamming trade with something a 12 year old moron would write its an 18 plus game :rolleyes:

Opar
04-10-04, 21:54
I'd say that too judging by the names I have never seen befor spamming trade with something a 12 year old moron would write its an 18 plus game :rolleyes:

The 18+ tag means jack all, to be honest :p

Lexxuk
04-10-04, 21:56
KILLER']you can't tell people about their sigs i dit that to once and niddy told me in pm that i couldn't because it was trolling.. din't even know what trolling was thb but then he explained it to me :D

me? troll? never!! Anyhow, I think we can all agree that each server had its own uniqe personality, Saturn and Uranus had different ones because there were more people from other cultures on that server, like lots of GB, US and GER, whilst Uranus was predominantly full of people from Carebear Land, and Pluto was mostly GB, US with a sprinkling of GER, SWE, NEtherlanDs, SWE, NOR, AUS, MARS *coff*

But no one server was greater than the other, though now with lots of each server actually having the chance to play against each other now, I'm sure Plutonians will end up kicking arse :p not that I'm biased or anything :lol: :lol:

LiL T
04-10-04, 21:57
The 18+ tag means jack all, to be honest :p

sure it does :)

It means boobs, drugs and violence

Frotto
04-10-04, 21:59
Dear god will this end... Here is why I like pluto better than Saturn... (My own Personal opinion) because in the beginning before everyone got 18 accounts and had so man different alts it had a sense of community. Everyone new everyone and reputation mattered. Over time a lot of people quit and then a lot of people got alts so that they could emulate saturn on pluto. It kinda killed things quite a bit. and again just my opinion. But in an effort to not be on a french server i went with terra and i'm liking it so far.

-FN-
04-10-04, 22:00
Geez. I didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest here :p

Like many other NC1 Plutonians - I'm not playing atm and kinda hanging back and waiting to see how things go.

I'm waiting not because I'm against the "Saturn Mentality" or whatever you want to call it. The atmosphere is just one facet. I'm waiting because I preferred 1-Slot over 4-Slot. Not always, but on average, people tended to care a bit more about their name/rep on a server where we only had one character. As someone mentioned, logging on and getting ganked by an allied runner after PKing someone simply was more prevalent on 4-Slot servers due to the simplicity of it. Add the no-safe-zones of NC2 and I was just worried it would be an occurenece happening every other second.

I think my questions were valid if you don't attach your old "4-Slot vs 1-Slot" sentiments to them:

Is it the same as the old Saturn? Is it any more/less mature? How is the political integrity? The random noob ganking? The player scamming? TRADE spamming? Economy? How are the "Terrans Previously Known As Plutonians" handling/liking/disliking the transition?

Terra is 4-Slot. Saturn was the most populated-Slot. Hence the usage of 'SATURN' in the first question. Truth is, Pluto was the only 1-Slot server while there were other multiple slot servers, so of course there's going to be a difference in mindset between the players on Pluto and the other servers. I don't hold any 'holier than thou' beliefs here, I was just proud to be on a server *I* liked. No more, no less. Everyone has their opinions and preference. I asked the Pluto players who I used to enjoy playing with most, the old players PIMP, GANG, FF, SS, NDA, etc, who shared a similar love for the Pluto atmosphere, not a similar dislike for any other server's atmosphere.

Please drop the attitudes and either give your point of views on the CURRENT International server or don't reply. I don't want a flame-fest, I didn't start a flame-fest, and I'm just trying to get a general English Community feel to our only International Server.

Thank you to those who have shared some of their experiences so far :)

Ryman
04-10-04, 22:00
well its like this ....weather you like it or not what ive seen is this :

Having played on Saturn , Pluto and Uranus i always said there wasnt a great deal of difference in respective point of view of idots :

Now playing on Terra for 5 days ive seen spammers from all the old servers ,
as well as PK`ers from all the old servers .....

theres also some new greifers that are proberly old ones that changed there names .

But overall the current state doesnt seem any different to the servers when they were seperate , only the higher population....

Oh yeah who said the population was only 100-200 ? wtf its been 300 -500 everytime ive been on .

LiL T
04-10-04, 22:09
Pop count right now is

Mars 540
Mercury 210
Terra 330
Pandore 180

Total 1260

1260 at 21:00 GMT on a week night with work in the moring is not that bad

Frotto
04-10-04, 22:12
Weeknight... hell i'm still at work... then the americans will get on... and keep the population high :) muhahahaha

Darth Slayer
04-10-04, 22:26
Ah My experience Sunday afternoon on Terra was amusing.
Playing my Tank Apothis hunting with a PE friend Heavily engaged with a Chaser, DoomReaper lots of little Chaser Spawns and a few Hoppers.(gods knows where they came from)
Now we're both knackered fall back and get attacked by some Bio Tank. One short fight later I'm dead. No big deal I'm FA fair play to the Hostile. So me and my mate go hunting him catch up to him at Soliko and after a very short one sided fight we kill him. YAY US...... :lol:
Now we find a dead Crahn Spy on the floor by GR, OOps that Tank musta killed him before we got there ah no matter here are 2 crahn PPU's, H'mm hang on they're rezzing the tank. Us Rather dumbly stand and watch, they rez Tank I let rip almost kill tank. Hold on they're healing him WTF ! Then Shelter buff the works and start trying to DB and Para me and my buddy so we left. Seems some ppl have'nt got the notion that us Pro Doy should at the very least not be shooting at us........ :lol:
So yep till ppl do there epics things are going to be silly atm on Terra.
Lots of Pro city Peeps are camping DOY epic spawn locations too.

Scorpius.

tiikeri
04-10-04, 23:00
If you don't like that Saturnians come to ruin your idling, don't play the game.

Yes, I admit. Some of the asshats i never liked have moved to Terra, which i hoped that they would go to the german servers, but hey. you can't choose your enemy. You can only choose where you stand.

I've been dick too, but there are much more worse ppl than i can never be :)
And my personal attitude is that if your nice to me, i'm nice to u. Bitch, i'll bitch back etcetcetc you know what i mean.

The biggest thing i'm against is the generalisation(yeahyeahprollytypeditwrong). Saturn = dicks/randompkingniblets, Pluto=fagets/carebears, Uranus = UrAnus. Most of the pluto ppl i've been talking with are veryvery nice - when they drop that pluto>saturn shit. Everybody knows that you couldn't compare those things,cause they were from different servers. i don't get it why it even started.

Now the possibility is there to see which one is "THE BETTER" ppl.. we'll just have to see.

Psyborg
04-10-04, 23:44
The biggest thing i'm against is the generalisation(yeahyeahprollytypeditwrong). Saturn = dicks/randompkingniblets, Pluto=fagets/carebears, Uranus = UrAnus. Most of the pluto ppl i've been talking with are veryvery nice - when they drop that pluto>saturn shit. Everybody knows that you couldn't compare those things,cause they were from different servers. i don't get it why it even started.

Now the possibility is there to see which one is "THE BETTER" ppl.. we'll just have to see.

I kno exacty what you are talking about, i hate when the plutoians (howeva you spell it) sy pluto>saturn cuz they have no idea how are skills compare to theirs, but neway i really think merging all the servers together was a nice move because i was able to fight with or against some of the famous or infamous players from both uranus and pluto and was able to meet more ppl and shit like that...but I hope that they do make a one char server...will be able to take care of some of the ppl who ARE asshats and just do the stupiest things....

Jesterthegreat
05-10-04, 00:08
I kno exacty what you are talking about, i hate when the plutoians (howeva you spell it) sy pluto>saturn cuz they have no idea how are skills compare to theirs, but neway i really think merging all the servers together was a nice move because i was able to fight with or against some of the famous or infamous players from both uranus and pluto and was able to meet more ppl and shit like that...but I hope that they do make a one char server...will be able to take care of some of the ppl who ARE asshats and just do the stupiest things....

omfg... every server / clan claims to be the best (except DJ who is too damn modest... ask him and he, his clan, and his art is not good :p). can we please drop it. its gone. i have been PK'd by allieds on every english server there is. idiots are universal.

-FN- if your not sure, download the client, patch it and start a trial account. check it out and upgrade if you enjoy it

kurai
05-10-04, 00:34
In my personal opinion and experience it seems to be "Saturn Lite" right now.

This is possibly because there's a very high proportion of LE'd people around, many are in non-native factions for epics etc. and the `significant` clans haven't really gelled yet, rather than from any real mix of server population characteristics.

There *is* a significantly higher level of `grief play` already, compared to Pluto, but it's not completely out of hand yet.

(By `grief play` I mean n00b ganking, 5vs1 gang bangs, GR camping, killing of epic NPCs, allied faction killing, use of LE'd spies at OPs blah blah)

Note that I don't claim these things never happened on Pluto - just that they were the exception rather than the default state.

On balance it's OK so far, so I'll keep levelling my nib character.

I've held off of transferring my Pluto main so far in the vague hope of a `Pluto` equivalent server sometime, but I have a gut feeling that it's not going to happen.
I just don't think KK/10Tacel have their act together enough yet to attract significantly higher income stream to make it possible.

*lives in hope*

___T-X____
05-10-04, 00:34
Most are doing their Epics, and its generally quite enjoyable and friendly as people are giving epic advice and having alot of banter.

I'd happily say im enjoying it atm, if it wasnt for experiencing the same problems as nc1, plus a Alt-Tab bug thats new.

Gunner_turret
05-10-04, 00:39
Well i get attack by a person, but normally its a half-noob xx/25,
So i do what anyone would do, say go away or die...,
And like always they wanna die! O_O

kurai
05-10-04, 00:43
Well i get attack by a person, but normally its a half-noob xx/25,
So i do what anyone would do, say go away or die...,
And like always they wanna die! O_Olol
Yeah - that's one other characteristic of Saturn that seems to have migrated...

People will attack regardless of their ability or level - a sort of mass kamikaze hypnosis. :D

tiikeri
05-10-04, 00:47
lol
Yeah - that's one other characteristic of Saturn that seems to have migrated...

And you say that this never happened on pluto? If your answer is yes, then i gotta ask where have you been? While i was lvling a bit my pluto noob, i got ganked many times by certain clan which thinks that all you base are belong to them......
So please, don't even try to say that noobpking is only "Saturn-thing"!

joran420
05-10-04, 00:59
ROFL HE WAS SAYING SATURN pkERS ARE TEH NOOBS Not that noobPK's only come from saturn

whifix
05-10-04, 01:00
Didn't read through all of these posts but this weekend i saw Mars get up to 58%(580 people) and Tera got up to 41%(410 people).

Xylaz
05-10-04, 01:02
answering to FN's question:

Nothing has changed, it's exactly the same. Just more people on it.

Shinto
05-10-04, 01:04
i gotta say not everyone is a pker out there, i was running partof my proto epic, had to go to crest village, GR in, theres a tank with PA on standing there........and hes TG i think fuck gonna have to GR out quick i think.

but he doesnt attack, so i just stand next to GR, just in case, but still he doesnt do anything.

ok so i walk to the npc, turn so i can see the tank and engage in conv with the monk guy.

i finish and GR out without TG tank touching me.

now dunno his name(shame really) and dunno if he just left me cos he though this guy is on epic.

but im ashamed to say, im not sure i would of returned the favour unless he screamed out IM DOING MY EPIC PLEASE LEAVE ME!!! or somthing, in which case i would, however i said nothing the whole time and he left me.

but the point, not everyone is out for the PK, just 99% :lol:

kurai
05-10-04, 01:05
And you say that this never happened on pluto? If your answer is yes, then i gotta ask where have you been? While i was lvling a bit my pluto noob, i got ganked many times by certain clan which thinks that all you base are belong to them......
So please, don't even try to say that noobpking is only "Saturn-thing"!
Try actually reading my posts first.

It'll save you the potential embarrassment of looking like a fucktard.

Possibly.

tiikeri
05-10-04, 01:08
Oh such an nice attitude you have there, ur prolly one of the asshats what pluto had.

Yeah - that's one other characteristic of Saturn that seems to have migrated

To me that sounds like Saturn players brought the noobganking to Terra.
Correct if i'm wrong.

AND IF MY ENGLISH ISNT THAT GOOD AS YOURS, SO CALL ME STUPID.
i don't mind. that just points out how childish you are.

joran420
05-10-04, 01:10
tikeri read what hes quoting

tiikeri
05-10-04, 01:11
tikeri read what hes quoting

can't be arsed to, i think i'm free to write what ever i want, even tho it wouldn't make any sense

asd98f6ashfsa976taugewrk.. KK?

But the atmosphere here seems like "only saturn had dicks".

-FN-
05-10-04, 01:33
Please - I reiterate. Leave the NC1 Server Bashing OUT of this - Terra's atmosphere is what I'm interested in!

@Jesterthegreat - I'd do the trial if I didn't have to pay the original software licensing fee only to find I don't like it.

IceStorm
05-10-04, 01:39
Things I see on Terra that I didn't see on Pluto:

People attempting to gank others at elevator lifts. I had not heard of any apartment camping on Pluto since early NC1 retail. It's back now, on top of people waiting at the bottom of the lifts. Someone tried to kill me a couple nights ago - at least he was TG.
"I'll log my alt." retribution comments on TRADE-NC. We didn't say that on Pluto, and it wasn't because we didn't have alts (most of us did near the end).
Rampant PKing in Plaza 1. This may simply be a move from rampant PKing in Aggies, though.
We used to talk on TRADE-NC on Pluto. When the server only had 20 to 30 people on at peak periods, it wasn't a problem. Now, though, everyone talks on TRADE-NC and won't get off the channel for actual trading to take place. There's no fix for this until the GMs appear, unfortunately. Fenix commented that he wouldn't stop talking on TRADE-NC even if GMs were on. To that I say the Pluto GMs would ban people who didn't stop talking on TRADE-NC. I hope that the GMs return soon to police the various chat channels. Temp bans handed out hand-over-fist are the only way they're going to temper the adolecent behavior taking place on TRADE-NC.

It would've been nice to wait for a one-char server, but with the radical item distribution changes coming, there was little point. It'll be a low-population server if Pluto was any gauge and that just won't do when I need something from faction Z. On Terra, I have 4 mains and 12 alts. That's enough to service all my needs and still enjoy the game.

evs
05-10-04, 02:15
I don't know about Terra, but I've been playing heavily on Pandore and its excellent.

I cant speak french, but the regulars are happy to RP in english, and everyone's just so damn friendly in a respectful way (i.e no noob ganking etc)

(after pking someone getting directed with 'nice battle' rather than 'OMG YOU LAME XXXXX' is a nice refreshing change)

And as they say respect breeds respect, and I'm starting to love pandore even more than i did pluto :eek:

For me 200 ish is about right on a server, more than that and it gets crowded, and if you work it out that for every 9 peeps there's an asshat, there's only 20 on a 200 player instead of 50 on a 500.

I prefer the RP feel of a lone runner trying to survive, and also joining a clan and knowing who everyone is instead of each peeps having 4 chars and rerolling one every other week.
It does have the 'personality' that pluto did.

Perhaps worth checking it out

Blacksword
05-10-04, 02:32
Im building up a newb with my le in of course, and i have seen more people standing next to grs in the outzone, racetrack and jericho in particular, and ppsec 3 as usual. it is funny to watch pp, not even when nc1 came out have i seen so many people stacked along the syn lines. i havnt really seen the plaza pks yet. there have always been people hanging around grs tbh, even on pluto to a lesser degree. untill people finish tagging grs and finding the smugglers or whatever it might be a problem. the thing to remember is we know they are there, and where the worst spots are for the most part. the rest of the areas are day to day. I cant comment on newb ganking with my newb char, but i havnt pulled out the le so its not possible for that to be a problem with me. My hacker spy i brought from pluto has been pked in pp, by the enemy, but it wasnt like i thought it wouldnt happen. I was only irritated afterwards because i found out i died there twice trying to finish a broken tt epic :wtf:

Pungent77
05-10-04, 02:40
It's as bad as it sounds, I narly quit last night simply because I am totally fed up with the fucks that inhabit terra atm.
LoL :lol: :lol:

Jesterthegreat
05-10-04, 03:08
There *is* a significantly higher level of `grief play` already, compared to Pluto, but it's not completely out of hand yet.

(By `grief play` I mean n00b ganking, 5vs1 gang bangs, GR camping, killing of epic NPCs, allied faction killing, use of LE'd spies at OPs blah blah)

would that be because a 5 vs 1 gangbang involves the majority of the server population?

ok im kidding... but with a server pop like pluto had towards the end of NC1 its not fair to compare it to a server with 3 or 4 times the pop... and more "grief play". it has more players, of course it has more "grief play"

ps im not a saturn runner btw... im just bored of these lame discussions on server vs server. thread started wanted to know if its a decent atmosphere on Terra and people are discussing the lamers on saturn and pluto...

:edit: damn... didnt know they charged for the trial O_o

IceStorm
05-10-04, 03:12
people are discussing the lamers on saturn and pluto...FN wants to know what Terra's like. The only previous frame of reference we have is Saturn, Pluto, and to a lesser extent Uranus, Jupiter, and Venus. He made references to Saturn behavior he perceived as negative in his inital post. It's only natural to compare Terra to Saturn/Pluto past behaviors.

Jesterthegreat
05-10-04, 03:14
FN wants to know what Terra's like. The only previous frame of reference we have is Saturn, Pluto, and to a lesser extent Uranus, Jupiter, and Venus. He made references to Saturn behavior he perceived as negative in his inital post. It's only natural to compare Terra to Saturn/Pluto past behaviors.

as he said... he mentioned saturn solely because it was the most populated 4 char server, not because of any server specific things.

now i havent upgraded as of yet... but im sure when i do i will be perfectly able to describe a servers attitude without comparing it to other servers

:edit:

from what i have read:

* Theres ally killing (not too much due to symp's new role... may die down when everyones done epics and settled)
* NC is raided constantly by DoY forces
* NC is a big PK area
* PvP / PK is very common (lets be honest... all the english community transfering caped chars to one server is gonna be messy :) )
* Server counts top 500
* People admit to having alts (presumably there is not much roleplay?)

etc etc

:edit2: see... that may not be 100% accurate as i havent upgraded, but its how the server seems to be without comparisons and people getting pissed off about their server being mentioned in a "bad way", and then flaming all other servers :p

Drake6k
05-10-04, 03:23
It's a harsh cyberpunk world. There are a lot of nice mature people and a lot of dickheads. I love it :) I've been attacked like 10 times (about 60% pro-city just like me) and still havent been PKed. Its easy to run away from a fight and a lot of the random killers just suck at pvp. If you find your place with the right clan, Neocron2 blows Neocron1 away (imo). It took me a while to do the two epics and start my clan but now I feel good about myself and can relax and enjoy the game. Thinking how I'm going to decorate my clan apartment right now...

If I want to pvp I can just go hide in the outzone and jump on the many anit-city that come through there.

Coming from pluto and playing with 400 people often during the better hours is great.

:cool: :) :) :) :) :)

SorkZmok
05-10-04, 03:25
LoL :lol: :lol:You really love posting senseless crap, dont you? o_O

About terra, its bad atm. Loads of pkers in pp3, point red, crest, BD, MB, el farid. pro city is fucked as you cant get to the psi traders in pp3 and you cant get out of the city. And dont even think about going to OZ without backup or your LE. Also 90% of people red to you seem to attack you at sight, what really sucks.
But i can live with it. Give it another week for people to finish their epics and join their clans. Then well see if its gonna be ok or once again a complete fuckover cause every pker joined a doy faction. :(

OH
1) GIVE US TRADE-NC AND TRADE-DOY. (And make it like faction chat, you know what i mean)
2) MAKE IT SO YOU CAN ONLY TALK ON TRADE ONCE EVERY 30 SECONDS.
That should solve lots of problems.

joran420
05-10-04, 03:30
pp 3 is about like pp1 used to be...cept now its anti Vs pro city instead of allied killing(not sayin allid killing doesnt happen...just a hell ofd a lot less than any nc1 server)

Jesterthegreat
05-10-04, 03:33
You really love posting senseless crap, dont you? o_O

About terra, its bad atm. Loads of pkers in pp3, point red, crest, BD, MB, el farid. pro city is fucked as you cant get to the psi traders in pp3 and you cant get out of the city. And dont even think about going to OZ without backup or your LE. Also 90% of people red to you seem to attack you at sight, what really sucks.
But i can live with it. Give it another week for people to finish their epics and join their clans. Then well see if its gonna be ok or once again a complete fuckover cause every pker joined a doy faction. :(

OH
1) GIVE US TRADE-NC AND TRADE-DOY. (And make it like faction chat, you know what i mean)
2) MAKE IT SO YOU CAN ONLY TALK ON TRADE ONCE EVERY 30 SECONDS.
That should solve lots of problems.

if the sides are stupidly mis matched i for one will go pro NC :p

Freaky Fryd
05-10-04, 13:39
I finally had to turn Trade AND Skill channels off, because there's so many damn spammers.
- Asking questions that are easily answered by opening the nav-ray, or should be in the P-to-P help channel
- Repeating the same message 4+ times before anyone is able to even reply
- Having full conversations on trade, or talking in trade when the people are clearly in local with each other.

I'd add names of repeating offenders to my ignore list, but it would be full in an hour...

EDIT: Also, even if I add the repeat offenders to my ignore list, what about the other characters of theirs they do the same thing on? That makes for a huge list...

Sakletare
05-10-04, 13:56
Best way of stopping trade spam without the use of GM's:
Make two separate trade channels; Trade-NC & Trade-DoY which you only can see/use if you are in the right empire. That way people complaining about being killed have to use OOC to contact the enemy.

KRIMINAL99
05-10-04, 13:59
Oh please stop trying to force your naive sense of morality on everyone else. RPK is part of the game, it slows down your enemies development. If your a pure pk then everyone is your enemy. If you want to affect the political situation build a clan big enough to do it (which you can't do if your ideas are full of spit), don't expect your own server thats practically empty so you can take it over with a few like minded people.

Cubico
05-10-04, 14:09
Some idiot first killed me at Outzone station (well, I could have avoid this or win this fight), then logged his NC char and insulted me at Plaza 1 when I was looking for a poke.

SyncError
05-10-04, 14:18
Okay, this is BULL SHIT. People stereotype people form Saturn as 'asshats', 'random noob gankers', 'gay', whatever. ITS BULL SHIT.

You make out that Pluto was some big haven of a sharing community where everyone loves everyone else and people ask before killing someone.

I understand the hostility and it IS wrong for people to blatantly stereotype...

...but Pluto was some big haven of a sharing community where everyone loved everyone else. Even your worst enemy ALWAYS felt more like an "archive rival" to compete against rather than some "asshat who ganked you".

Crest
05-10-04, 14:25
I must be one of those saturn assholes then .. cause I have done it all ... all these bad things

Plaza and some twat (TT) shooting my biotech char for fun, he keeps on , and on .. I move away and he follows, so he dies ..... lesson hopefully learnt

DOY centre some TS guy starts shooting me while I get poked , he needs an epic kill .. I run around while poke goes in, he still does not kill me, GR out and prepare properly, get PA on now thta chip is in an dgo looking for him, yes he is Black dragon sector as I expected since he looking to waste a BD , so i waste him ... lesson hopefully learnt

GR out , see a group of guy near GR , all enemy.. Wait for synamp to go, line one up and kill him (I felt bad about this one though) Go collect my tags and he is a 1/2 ... yeah I know asshole.....

But if done the scope i could see this enemy was a noob he would still be alive ... as much as I take responsibility for his death, I role play, red is dead .. and I have yet to meet someone who does not draw a weapon,hence I draw stealth ..... and teleport to the other side of the sector

KRIMINAL99
05-10-04, 14:57
As far as just people talking smack-

This is just a part of life - just immature people. Personally its rarely gets to me because I have a good understanding of a world and know that it never pays for people to talk smack. You just piss people off and usually end up looking stupid. I also know that no matter what there is no logical basis for it. If someone does do really bad in pvp, there is a reason and its never their fault as smack talking seems to imply...

Its rediculous to get attitude in NC because of so many different factors like connection, the system they are playing the game on, the speed at which that persons subconsious mind is operating at (affected by diet, time of day, sexual activity), knowledge and skills related to the game, etc and even in the case where the person has had the chance to develop all of these things and they are still not as good as another player than thats just the way they were born in which case its not their fault and their ability should be measured in relation to their handicap.

If it happens to you the best thing you can do is just ignore it and kill (aka beat since this is a competition) them when you have the chance. If you didn't even say anything and don't sink to their level, instead just killing them they have no choice to feel really stupid and they will probably learn from it and stop talking smack. If you talk smack as well they will be too occupied being angry and making excuses to realize its their fault.

That being said if you know who you are dealing with and that they won't take it seriously talking smack lightly (as in not OOC comments or stuff thats just not funny) can be fun.

Oh and btw people who get pked start smack talking just as much as people who pk if not more.
Sportsmanship thread (http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/setstart/1/loadthread/22228/loadforum/51/loadclass/35)

Shinto
05-10-04, 15:07
haha i know what you mean Kriminal, some of the worst offenders are the people who get pkd, many a time ive had some guy ranting over direct at me for like 1/2 hour.

for the pker that a job well done :)

and those guys saying pluto was a nice server etc, thats only cos a lot of the bad boy(or girl) players all left and you were left with only a few

you accuse saturnites of just killing anyone, yet pluto had one of the biggest allie v allie fights going on regardless of reason since saturns often had reasons.

ugh just forgot what else i was gonna say, sure it will come back to me :lol:

Selendor
05-10-04, 15:36
While I'm not playing yet, and so by rights shouldn't be posting here, I'd like to address people saying that things aren't really settled yet on Terra - I actually suspect that the early weeks/month of Terra will determine the whole atmosphere of the server in the future.

If there is a lot of fighting / griefing, and generally aggressive behaviour, then it will encourage almost all players to play this way. Back at the start of Neocron 1 Retail there was so much positive gaming going on, cooperation, politeness, and very few pkers, most people were just trying to level. Of course now, you have all transferred capped players accross, so its different.

So at the end of the day, the removal of safezones in the city will change Neocron the most, but I fear that the atmosphere and ganking will only get worse over time, as most new players who don't like to start fights will leave, and only the ones willing or eager to adopt the Neocron 'style' will stay.

I for one have never started a fight in 2 years of playing, (and yes I played exclusively on Saturn) only in Neofrag or at Op wars, and the day I start to go around ganking red / neutral players without specific reason is the day I will leave and never come back.

Edit - Oh yes, and also back then a clan's reputation was based on not being gung ho and killing everyone anytime, sensibilities and trust were important - these days its completely the opposite, a clan is 'cool' if there is action and gank fests ahoy.

Spermy
05-10-04, 15:50
Well - It's not so much degenerated from what I can garner from the posts - you wanted dark, dangerous thrilling cyberpunk, you have it. Dealing pokes in a packed square - you're asking for it - those kind of mod techniques are the envy of people citywide - you ought to be careful - letting people know you poke and nothing else makes you a target - stick to the back alleys and clubs to do your business.

Old emnities carry over in the dome - this is a forced alliance - no one has to like it - tempers will fly and shots will be fired - theres always dissent among the ranks - you wanted your own regime domers, now you have it.

I like it - neocron is dark and forboding - it's a challenge just to step outside.

Now are you going to sit in your appartments and hide like the other citizens?

You are runners, you're supposed to be the best, THE people for the job, THE best in the market for bounty and assasination. Your supposed to be tougher, more agile than the other citizens of the city.

It's time you started acting like it. Theres a reason that none of you are the citizens sitting behind the desks or mopping the floors. You wanted adventure, this is it.

Dribble Joy
05-10-04, 15:56
Well - It's not so much degenerated from what I can garner from the posts - you wanted dark, dangerous thrilling cyberpunk, you have it.
There is however, a difference between cyberpunk and people being twats for the sake of it.

Spermy
05-10-04, 16:00
I agree - but it is what was asked for - We wanted a bigger population, I'm gonna view it as more dangerous, ever read a gibson novel? people don't need a reason to kill.

As for trade spam - well I mute it - it never did have any use - I had my own contacts for sorting out trades.

Thats the really big irks done I would reckon. TH being taken over by hostiles? It's a case of "we run this joint now.", go and oust them for crying out loud.

I always though NC was cyberpunk, not cyberbitch...

05-10-04, 17:13
You are runners, you're supposed to be the best, THE people for the job, THE best in the market for bounty and assasination. Your supposed to be tougher, more agile than the other citizens of the city.

I thought we all were the citizens of the city?!

Cliffraiser
05-10-04, 17:45
pluto > saturn tbh

Jesterthegreat
05-10-04, 17:48
pluto > saturn tbh

Uraunus > you tbh

now STFU about this server bullshit and concentrate on Terra :p

saturn, uranus and pluto are dead! long live Terra!

QuantumDelta
05-10-04, 18:06
You really think, in this ever so wonderfully intelligent community, that'll actually even happen Junkeh?

Shinto
05-10-04, 18:13
pluto > saturn tbhthat must of been why pluto ended up with about 10 people on it, cos it owned so much people couldnt take the pace :rolleyes:

i liked you better in your MiG days tbh :p

Jesterthegreat
05-10-04, 18:16
You really think, in this ever so wonderfully intelligent community, that'll actually even happen Junkeh?

its not likely :D

but you never know eh?

tbh everyone who thinks their serveris (WAS!) best should be putting effort into proving it ingame, not spamming it on forums

Spermy
05-10-04, 18:24
Slightly OT jest, But why are ya on the SSX forums? :wtf:

Jesterthegreat
05-10-04, 18:27
Slightly OT jest, But why are ya on the SSX forums? :wtf:

i went there and reg'd... but i decided there wasnt anything i wanted to post.

if they are private forums then dont link your sigs to them O_o i was a member of SSC forums for god knows how long

Cliffraiser
05-10-04, 18:38
that must of been why pluto ended up with about 10 people on it, cos it owned so much people couldnt take the pace :rolleyes:

i liked you better in your MiG days tbh :p

Im not actually being serious here :P

both servers had their advantages and disatvantages and quite frankly i liked both..

im just putting fuel on the fire eh :lol:

Shakari
05-10-04, 18:51
[QUOTE=MrChumble]Terra is a dangerous place. From the moment you step out of your appt to the moment you log off you need to be watching your back and trying to think one step ahead of the enemy. Journeys to outzone for items are dangerous. Tradeskilling in plaza 1 can be lethal if you're not wary.

QUOTE]

come on thats BS more like if u don't stay in your app u get ganked and if it stays like that then KK are gonna lose a LOT of the customers that are left......

Shinto
05-10-04, 18:51
Im not actually being serious here :P

both servers had their advantages and disatvantages and quite frankly i liked both..

im just putting fuel on the fire eh :lol:
ahh well i raise to the bait every time :lol:

@Shakari: chumble looked at it in a RP point of view, you just looked at it in a non RP view, personally ive not been allie ganked in the city.

only enemies have killed me

joran420
05-10-04, 18:56
i wonder where all these ppl are getting ganked...ive only ever been attacked by enemies...maybe its cause im so damn tough

Shinto
05-10-04, 19:06
i wonder where all these ppl are getting ganked...ive only ever been attacked by enemies...maybe its cause im so damn tough
well you proberbly have to go around insulting your own allies first, then you proberbly do get ganked.

as ive seen none of it myself, but then like yourself, i look so damn intimidating...............until i take my tank PA off :(

Killfly
05-10-04, 19:08
Basically I'm digging the new atmosphere :) It does feel more dangerous, but on the whole I think that adds an element that was missing before.

The only (one) time that I got really pissed off lately was when I got ganked by a TG in P2 while I was typing 'Anyone poking?'.... That did piss me off :mad:

Other than that, tho - just be careful peeps (and don't carry too much good stuff around with you, just in case :-)

Wolf
05-10-04, 21:30
Ive been ganked a few times already, all the pro-city chars seem to just attack on sight now - which i suppose is supposed to happen.

Inside doy isnt too bad, ive yet to be shot at once there (even in sector 6) & i still think its dead cute seeing "real" noobies running around then being facinated by your cloak & "swirly thing" :D

amma
10-10-04, 01:07
I don't know about Terra, but I've been playing heavily on Pandore and its excellent.

I cant speak french, but the regulars are happy to RP in english, and everyone's just so damn friendly in a respectful way (i.e no noob ganking etc)

And as they say respect breeds respect, and I'm starting to love pandore even more than i did pluto :eek:

It does have the 'personality' that pluto did.

Perhaps worth checking it out

Yea, this is the same feeling I've gotten from Mars. I don't speak German but everyone has been helpful on that server. Maybe this will be the new Pluto. :cool:

J J
10-10-04, 03:24
well in the time that I've played on Terra so far I've been randomly attacked by allied runners a few times in NC, everytime by lower level runners who could easily have been killed, but wtf should I lose SL and FS and fuck up my chars for defending myself against some random asshole. I've also noticed a lot of gr's being camped by enemy factions (not saying procity runners don't camp gr's too but I guess you dont notice friendlys at a gr as much ;)) It really annoys me that you lose SL/FS for defending yourself, there should be some consideration taken into account as to who is the aggressor, especially now that FS has become a lot more important than it was.

IceStorm
10-10-04, 03:50
I agree - but it is what was asked for - We wanted a bigger populationSpeak for yourself. I was quite happy with 10 people on Pluto at peak periods (with me being two of the 10). I know that's not enough to sustain KK thought, unfortunately.
that must of been why pluto ended up with about 10 people on it,Pluto went from 40-60 to 10 because most Plutonians were capped with all the gear they needed for DoY. Once Open Beta started, everyone ran over there to scope out the changes coming to DoY.

I preferred Pluto to Terra because we didn't turn the chat channels into rapidly scrolling piles of crap. But I'll take selectively turning off chat channels over large quantites of foreign language text any day.

Morganth
10-10-04, 04:10
I haven't had an problems being ganked by allied runners on any of my characters, be them DoY or NC. The only time I have to be on my guard is GRing into MB/Battle Dome, or standing in P1 as in P1 there can be a sniper about sometimes, and MB is usually camped by peeps. Few days ago I was ganked at MB by a load of DoY Runners on my PP nib, funnily enough some were Crahn which is my home faction :rolleyes:

As of yet no one who is allied has attacked me yet, fortunately. However, I have passed and killed a few monks in the OZ who were DoY and thought it would be clever to attack a buffed melee PE. Its great dropping a hybrid who thinks he is the shit just because he can heal :p

Aside from that, regardless of who's asshats are playing what servers, there will always be people messing about, or forgetting what character on or whatever. Either way to me, if someone attacks me, one of us is going to walk away alive from it regardless of how man people it takes for this to be achieved. So word of warning to DoY runners who decide to attack me in DoY City Centre, as my clan have a nasty tendency at testing CON setups. :lol:

Darkener
10-10-04, 04:32
The [self-edit] are in CM on terra and not the server that speaks the same language they do.
That alone was nearly enough to get me to pack my bags.
Cause me way too much shit on uranus allready.

That and the attitude people have, one CM (unclanned, but high rank) was in MB and constantly abused me for no reason in the GR room for a good 10 mins.

The whole stupid incident yesterday with the CAs, CMs and CSs which despite the fact it may have been hired help, meant that a KoS on not just the clan/runners involved, but all of CM.

How about you stop moaning and just play the game so CS attack you you know i ciuld have seen that happening anyway the fact that crahn and cm never got along on saturn being one of the things . Factions are generally viewed as wholes so now your fighting crahn big deal 2 enemys for you now tg and crahn join neocron or doy and you have a few more. Anyway i think ive seen about 3-4 leaving or im going to leave treads from you so meh pack your bags as you said or dont, best thing you can do right now is fight crahn dont be afraid to its fun you get to raid crahn sect zone ect :P.

Shinto
10-10-04, 10:07
I haven't had an problems being ganked by allied runners on any of my characters, be them DoY or NC. The only time I have to be on my guard is GRing into MB/Battle Dome, or standing in P1 as in P1 there can be a sniper about sometimes, and MB is usually camped by peeps. Few days ago I was ganked at MB by a load of DoY Runners on my PP nib, funnily enough some were Crahn which is my home faction :rolleyes:

they should of shot you, end of day regardless of it being you home faction, you are still enemy on the char you were on

dark_reaper
10-10-04, 10:20
KILLER']din't get attacked once yet in doy on husks tank :p din't see any ganking exept the time we kinda fought some evil city people.

Not all city people are evil. Look at me, I just run a business that runs off of profit. I simply dont care who you are. I am just where the money is and right now it is in NC. I should be over to DoY because of the evil things I do. But Business is business.

Jest
10-10-04, 10:36
Im enjoying the atmosphere, though I hate how easy DoY has it in some ways. I like being on the more difficult side but I dont think I can ever join the city. Mainly I am dissappointed at the lack of BD clans. I'll probably have to move factions to some other DoY one. :(

But I havent been attacked a single time yet. Though I think a TS guy was contemplating it earlier today. :p

The trade channels are still the same old trade channels they always were but I usually dont even read the Trade text. It shows but my head automatically filters it out.

In regards to the former servers, my advice to every one is to let them go. They are in the past, dont live in the past posting blame on one servers players, etc... Just try to adapt to the new Terra economy and lifestyle like those previous servers didnt exist. ;)

Spermy
10-10-04, 11:37
Well, I've suffered the 12 year old's who seem to think this is Neostrike (TM)

ONOES ZEE BOMB SOMEONE DEFUSE ZEE BOMB! *TERRORISTS WIN*

But to be quite honest - The only time I've really been P/O'd is when I posted about it. It's not actually too bad. Me and some other lowbies jumped a mid level city merc the other day - I got a funky flamer for my tanky out of it.

Was all roleplay - and he even got his flamer back in the end. Still good fun.

I prefer it like this.

Morganth
10-10-04, 12:18
they should of shot you, end of day regardless of it being you home faction, you are still enemy on the char you were on

I know. I wasn't complaining at all. Just mentioning the fact that its ironic that the faction I am home to is going to get a bad reputation of GR camping :o

J. Folsom
10-10-04, 12:35
I haven't had any problems yet myself. It seems as fine and peaceful as Saturn used to be at the start of retail.

Perhaps my good name has given me an honourable protection from your average twat, or something. :p

Riddick
10-10-04, 13:46
boah what a pitiful subject lol i mean seriously ur speaking of "mature players and immature from saturn " but the only ones who are immature are the ones who are always complaining about bou bou bou there is gr pking , bou bou bou there are gankers everywhere , bou bou bou there are big german clans owning everything , seriously guys u think this attittude is mature ? do u really need ur GM daddy to do something for the "horrrible atmosphere" ?
its a MMORPG so obviously there are gankers , there are people allied in the aim to own everything , etC....but if u wanna ur peaceful server with free lvling spots , and no gankers at gr etc.... it means u dont know what a MMORPG is and it also means U admit ur not good enough to fight the "gankers" u hate so much ....

erm maybe its not that clear but in a way i just wanna say that its a sort of the strongest law , the stronger , the winner so fight for ur life and do not weep it might be useless :p :o

Scikar
10-10-04, 15:55
boah what a pitiful subject lol i mean seriously ur speaking of "mature players and immature from saturn " but the only ones who are immature are the ones who are always complaining about bou bou bou there is gr pking , bou bou bou there are gankers everywhere , bou bou bou there are big german clans owning everything , seriously guys u think this attittude is mature ? do u really need ur GM daddy to do something for the "horrrible atmosphere" ?
its a MMORPG so obviously there are gankers , there are people allied in the aim to own everything , etC....but if u wanna ur peaceful server with free lvling spots , and no gankers at gr etc.... it means u dont know what a MMORPG is and it also means U admit ur not good enough to fight the "gankers" u hate so much ....

erm maybe its not that clear but in a way i just wanna say that its a sort of the strongest law , the stronger , the winner so fight for ur life and do not weep it might be useless :p :o

There is a very big difference between killing someone within the grounds of the game, and killing someone randomly because you feel like it. Why have factions when everyone shoots whoever they want anyway? Don't mistake me for a carebear here, I've always been very much up for a fight. But after months and months now of being attacked by random people in allied factions for no good reason, I'm frankly sick to death of it. If I want to fight with everyone in the whole game I'll go play UT2k4, if I want to fight with half the people in the game I'll play Wolf ET.

Right now there is no good reason to play NC any more. The PvP is done much better elsewhere, the RP is practically nonexistent, the only people really having fun are the assholes more than anyone else. I don't play games to be shot in the back by someone in the same faction as me with a PPU stuck up his ass just in case, and until NC changes from that I'm certainly not coming back.

Arikan
10-10-04, 16:08
once anarchy breed is implemented. allied faction killing will become a regular thing acrossed all servers, since thaty will be the way to become anarchy breed.

so if you hate being pk'd your gonna start to hate this game a shitload tbh. :rolleyes:

Glok
10-10-04, 16:41
once anarchy breed is implemented. allied faction killing will become a regular thing acrossed all servers, since thaty will be the way to become anarchy breed.

so if you hate being pk'd your gonna start to hate this game a shitload tbh. :rolleyes:lmao nice first post.

Icewalk
10-10-04, 18:03
just wait if ya dont wanan play....its still NC....

yeh pops havent been spectacular....

I wouldnt expect a 1 slot anytime in the near future

with that said im having easily as good a time as in nc 1(cept rare part hunting and money farming start to wear thing after several concurrent hours)

i havent seen much ganking ...although theres usually 6-7 on teh ncpd most wanted list(lol i love being able to get their locs) a suprisingly high number of REd SL peeps dont hid in their apts.

Yeah.. right. 40% pops on new servers is spectactular, I believe they upped pop. caps on the servers. Hunting the reds are fun too =P

Icewalk
10-10-04, 18:04

so if you hate being pk'd your gonna start to hate this game a shitload tbh. :rolleyes:
That makes NO sense. Once ABreed is implemented, PKing factions won't be good, because if you drop below X amount, you'll go anarchy and you won't be getting outa anarchy breed if your -20 or -30 below for awhile.

deac
10-10-04, 18:04
that must of been why pluto ended up with about 10 people on it, cos it owned so much people couldnt take the pace :rolleyes:

and thats why the pluto clans own like 70-80% of the ops on terra :D

Shinto
10-10-04, 18:08
and thats why the pluto clans own like 70-80% of the ops on terra :D
err well concidering the major ops clan off saturn dont play anymore(cartel)

and if you check the CA ops out you will see they are saturn owned.

some of the ops are uranus owned as well.

and the mercs ops aint pluto iirc

lets not try to make out that its the majority of the server.

and a lot of saturn players quit after the role back :rolleyes:

Spermy
10-10-04, 18:27

*Hands Him some inq 4.*

:lol:

1st post as well. Your going to NEED the Inq 4 with that attitude. :eek:

Shinto
10-10-04, 18:29
chances of Abreed being implamented anytime soon is remote anyway

Doc Holliday
10-10-04, 18:30

lol go shinto. deac to be fair how many people u think are out there just like me lurking and waiting for a more finished nc2. ie the problems of epics all fixed etc. i dont want to pay to upgrade and not get a finished product. i had this with nc1. lol. i wouldnt be suprised if people join in the next couple weeks or so that havent bothered to rush straight out the gate and sign up. short term "pluto" might own all but the real test is a war of attrition. u may have the ops now but can you hold them??

Spermy
10-10-04, 18:32
I'm getting a bit sick of people living in the past - Here's my two cent's

The pluto peoples - You DO come off as elitist bastards.

Saturn peoples - You do WHINGE more than anyone I have ever met.

Uranus. - A mix thereof.

Terra

A server full of pking whiny elitist bastards who once caught an OP Thiiiiiiis big. :o

Dim
10-10-04, 18:39
What are you ppl talking about... what are Uranus, Saturn and Pluto, besides planets in our galaxy?? :p

If only we'd live in a perfect world. :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
10-10-04, 19:10
Prepare for another Saturn clan to get back on the map.

Atm we're kinda stuck on broken epics and trying to get our poor asses back on track.

Plus we've had people leave after the rollback (some of which came back for NC2 and that was the final drop in the bucket)

Carinth
10-10-04, 19:18
I've found that many plutonians have a rather foggy memory of what pluto used to be like. Terra now isn't much different from how Pluto used to be when it was the most popular server. When the server pop averaged 500. We had rampant gr camping, noob slaughtering, assholes, gankers, etc. Regardless of faction, running into a capped char was most likely going to involve an exchange of shots. Early on I remember cursing my luck at being Tsunami and having to run through pepper park just to reach my apt. There was almost always some trigger hungry arse there to gun me down while I'm transporting stuff. Going hunting at MB or CRP was almost asking to be shot in the back. Trade channel of course didn't exist back then, but the global channel was a spamfest 24/7. I usualy left it off, due to the whiners who complain after being ganked or cry when their op is taken. That was Pluto, the one slot server.

We drove off most of our population because of this. The Hunting Zone was created because of how much we ********** new players. Much of the what ruins pvp now is because of how out of control we were before. Those that remained did so because either they liked low pops in the first place or valued the community enough that they didn't care. Some weren't ready to abandon NC entirely and so filled up Saturn. That's were the rivalry started. Every single person I talked too that moved to Saturn said the same thing. "Holy shit, they suck! I'm pk'ing people left and right and I don't even have most of my equipment/stats setup!" This made sense to us because Pluto was the most violent server. If you survived on Pluto, you were pretty good at the game.

Of course that changed with so many people leaving Pluto and joining Saturn. Pluto calmed down and was more focused on the community. Saturn became, well Saturn. It even inherited the buggy crashes that plagued Pluto. Now thought with NC2 its pretty obvious to most of us that Terra = Saturn. With all of its problems intact, plus additional heat of interserver clan hostilities. Pluto and Uranus clans are now in the mix.

So as far as I'm concerned, not much has changed. Pluto was a refreshing break, but a boring one. Now we're on Terra which is just like Saturn which is like what Pluto used too be. I see lots of people that refuse to adapt or change, while I'm sorry they're getting left behind they should show a little more flexibility. Why the hell do so many people still stand around for tradeskills in unsafe zones?!?!?!?!?!? How long will it take before people finnaly realize they're just as likely to be ganked while waiting for a poke then get poked.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is how nc should be, afterall look at the devestating effect it has on Pluto. There's a good chance similar will happen on Terra with the population driving away new people and then dwindling. It's already much lower then beta....

Spermy
10-10-04, 19:48
If we had karma - I'd be clicking on the plus button, carinth.

deac
10-10-04, 19:52

actually ca wouldnt have one op left if we didnt show mercy :P and hmm dark seem to have lost thier ops...

anyways yea I can see myself getting boored and leaving soonish if things dont pick up....

Morganth
10-10-04, 20:16

And my clan hasn't even got itself organised yet, so thats another SATURN clan to be in action properly.

On another note, I hope you give CA a kick Ezza and give the Yorkers some healthy competition or it will become quite lonely for us :(

Darkener
10-10-04, 20:36
OMG'Z the plutonians own the server hmmm or it could be that for somefucking reason most pluto clans had got in game before most of the others andd got set up early. Most other clans still have people doing epics and so on alot of people anti-city atm well some are people doing epics ect and well some of the "UBER"
pluto clans still have to prove themselves as do all the other clans from saturn and uranus and jupiter. Nothing sticks out atm not one clan . It's anyones game atm we still have to see who will be most dominant.

deac
10-10-04, 20:40
its most likely because we pluto ppl can fight with one char and you sat ppl want ALL your chars in order before doing anything.....

Morganth
10-10-04, 20:43
its most likely because we pluto ppl can fight with one char and you sat ppl want ALL your chars in order before doing anything.....

Funnily enough thats because if we die on one character and don't get rezzed we can another character and come back to enjoy the fun of an OP war. All the pluto people that "can fight with ONE char) are gonna be screwed if everyone in your OP force is killed, as you won't have any characters to attempt a retake whereas anyone from Saturn/Uranus/Jupiter could easily log an alt and precede hand out other people's arse to each other. :lol:

DrNarf
10-10-04, 20:59
Where did all this *being able to fight with one char or not* rubbish come from? It doesn't take long to log across to an alt, no, but it doesn't take long to get poked and move out again either, and thats assuming people on pluto only had one account (seemingly a rarity). In the end it pans out to be roughly the same length of time to get sorted and come back to a fight.

Oh and bear in mind, not all the pluto clans are fully back or sorted out character wise either yet, you probobly won't be able to tell which, if any server is the "best" till quite a while after retail starts. I say just let the fights do the talking, any other arguments on who is best is heavily based on opinion and speculation. A lot of people in the "pluto" or "saturn" clans will have played on other servers anyway so it makes it a slightly pointless argument if you ask me. :wtf:

Morganth
10-10-04, 21:04
Where did all this *being able to fight with one char or not* rubbish come from?

Lets see... :rolleyes:

It doesn't take long to log across to an alt, no, but it doesn't take long to get poked and move out again either, and thats assuming people on pluto only had one account (seemingly a rarity). In the end it pans out to be roughly the same length of time to get sorted and come back to a fight.

Oh and bear in mind, not all the pluto clans are fully back or sorted out character wise either yet, you probobly won't be able to tell which, if any server is the "best" till quite a while after retail starts. I say just let the fights do the talking, any other arguments on who is best is heavily based on opinion and speculation. A lot of people in the "pluto" or "saturn" clans will have played on other servers anyway so it makes it a slightly pointless argument if you ask me. :wtf:

And bear in mind, not all the Saturn clans are fully back or sorted yet either, so don't make it seem like Pluto is any worse of than anyone else. The strong clans won't become visible for a good month or two at least, as that will allow time for the to get organised and recruit people etc.

DrNarf
10-10-04, 21:11
Dude, try to read my post properly before replying ok? :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
10-10-04, 21:22
I've been on Terra for little over a week and havent been attacked by either side (im DoY aligned)

not sure what everyones bitching about tbh

msdong
10-10-04, 21:44
after another week im still happy about Terra. there is the usual GR camping on the at point red, PP3 - little less Mutant Pool, IND2, Escador and crest village. but that can easyly be avoided by using VHC or walkin or hacknet.

there is friendly PvP out there when Pro and Anti meet but it usually ends in a small shooting with both side retread.

the new dangerous enviroment makes traveling a lot more fun, looking ahead to avoid rotating swirlys is easy.

and on the other side u meet that friendly city ppl that u can have trade or a friendly "hi" and everybody goes his way. you can even do that without turning back and thrust the other one.(thats a real thrill - i wait for the day when im shot from behind)

on the other side there are mercs killing TGs in city center and those random raids on plaza that i dont really support.

Arikan
11-10-04, 00:53
*Hands Him some inq 4.*

:lol:

1st post as well. Your going to NEED the Inq 4 with that attitude. :eek:

i no that post kicks ass.
and i'm not going anarchy breed, i'm just saying thats what is gonna happen since there are people acrossed all servers that will do just this.
I'm actually gonna be a DRE REAL ESTATE AGENT with decypher tbh. :D

Underground
11-10-04, 00:58
This threads gayer then graham norton.

Whats with the shit talking between clans/servers already all about ? our clan isnt sorted yet, most of us have jobes, and are generally lazy fucks so are just taking it day by day. Yet theres other clans from pluto where the majority of their clan are sorted, have OPs, most chars have90+ symp etc.

Were just havin fun with some random PKing, hunting, leveling, stuff like that.

Krush
11-10-04, 09:24
I see it that there is alot of Allied Pking because runners are doing their run of epics and to change faction they are simply camping GR's and getting the easy change in FS.

Not that I'm complaining.

Been watching my back very carefully

Only trust runners I already know.

Just last night A few of us got a call from a friend who got PK'ed by an ally.

We sneaked in and took care of the problem and had to guard for a little.

I guess its adds a bit to teh game when you can't trust anyone.

Tip: Pull out your old KOS list. If they were morons in NC1 they most likely still are !!!

Spermy
11-10-04, 09:51
i no that post kicks ass.
and i'm not going anarchy breed, i'm just saying thats what is gonna happen since there are people acrossed all servers that will do just this.
I'm actually gonna be a DRE REAL ESTATE AGENT with decypher tbh. :D

I doubt anyone will go anarchy breed - purely because it ain't happening. :wtf:

And If one more person uses TBH or IMO or AFAIK or whatever. I swear, I'll piss in there face.

I wouldn't bother going DRE, they have nothing to offer people except keys. The best choice would be to go Biotech - and get trading those level 3 implants. Because people will be screaming for them sooner or later - your sitting on top of a crowbar with those - they'll get you whatever you want.

Personally - I'ma have to go biotech sooner or later just for that zerk 3....

TBfuckingH

Shinto
11-10-04, 12:25
actually ca wouldnt have one op left if we didnt show mercy :P and hmm dark seem to have lost thier ops...

anyways yea I can see myself getting boored and leaving soonish if things dont pick up....
oh you mean those times you guys died you were just giving them a chance.

or are you refering to the fact you havnt started ninja hacking on a major scale yet.

:rolleyes:

eLcHi
11-10-04, 14:29
I love Terra !

Hehe, what a Statement, but that`s how it is ...

You know when i started playing i created a char on uranus because of my roommate, he had the game like 3 weeks earlier and talked me into it. Started as a Tangent ... hah, good old times as a nib ... well, i played uranus for about 6 months i think, had much fun, got to knew the uranus community...

Then we were having a clanmate over for a lan we decided to all make hybrids on pluto (back in the old hybrid days, hehe) ... all TG, all women, pretty similar names ... the [$i$7aZ] were born ... well, the third one left pretty quickly but me and my roommate stayed ... we got to know the pluto community, had some great fun, made a lot of friends ...

At that time (Dez 03) i started to play SWG ;)

I played SWG for like 2 1/2 months, made some masters, much money ... well, after NC you know powerleveling ;)

But SWG grew boring pretty quickly ... and my roommate meanwhile made chars on Saturn making friends there, joining a clan ... and i returned to NC for Saturn, had a very funny clan, lots of fun, got to know the community ...

and i got inactive again (some visits to pluto excluded)

and now for NC2 i return yet again ... and i love it :D

Since i played all three Servers i know huge parts of the community, have friends here and there ... it just feels *right* :)

And i loved beeing able to choose my favourite chars ;)

I`ll see you out in the Wastes ... which are imho not THAT dangerous ... (Got killed like once outside of an opfight)

TiTTi

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 15:15
I doubt anyone will go anarchy breed - purely because it ain't happening. :wtf:

And If one more person uses TBH or IMO or AFAIK or whatever. I swear, I'll piss in there face.

I wouldn't bother going DRE, they have nothing to offer people except keys. The best choice would be to go Biotech - and get trading those level 3 implants. Because people will be screaming for them sooner or later - your sitting on top of a crowbar with those - they'll get you whatever you want.

Personally - I'ma have to go biotech sooner or later just for that zerk 3....

TBfuckingH

dont abbreviate to DRE then tbh...

zeronode
11-10-04, 18:40
Fair warning: I never played NC1, just a bit of NC2 beta, and now the *retail* of it.

To be honest, everyone I've run across in has been friendly and helpful to me. I've not gotten ganked, gangbanged or **********... yet. I'm sure that will change shortly :).

For the most part, from where I'm sitting, the server isn't that bad. The people are friendly enough, helping me figure out what the hell I'm doing when I ask, and are more than happy to help me learn the etiquette of the server.

As far as this clan that clan and those servers over there... couldn't speak to them at all.

But so far, my time in NC2 has been very enjoyable.

Darth Slayer
11-10-04, 18:48
I've been on Terra for little over a week and havent been attacked by either side (im DoY aligned)

not sure what everyones bitching about tbh
Everytone loves you thats why Junkeh...... :D
You have to laugh at this thread don't you........ :lol:

Scorpius.

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 18:58
Everytone loves you thats why Junkeh...... :D
You have to laugh at this thread don't you........ :lol:

Scorpius.

i really do... and being NCAT gave me my fair share of enemies :p

Darth Slayer
11-10-04, 19:15
i really do... and being NCAT gave me my fair share of enemies :p
True you could always shout your NCAT and alot of ex Uranus Peeps would come gunning for you if your that bored....... :D

Scorpius.

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 19:17
if i could stay logged in for more than 10 secs without crashing, locking up and having to restart my PC that is...

:edit: oh how i wish i was exagerating :(

Darth Slayer
12-10-04, 18:15
if i could stay logged in for more than 10 secs without crashing, locking up and having to restart my PC that is...

H'mm I've crashed twice now mind you due ot THAT bug and Fable I've not played as much as I ought to. Maybe a fresh install will help ?

Scorpius.

Xylaz
12-10-04, 18:56
H'mm I've crashed twice now mind you due ot THAT bug and Fable I've not played as much as I ought to. Maybe a fresh install will help ?

maybe not...

and to be honest, somehow, in this amorphic ocean of posts i've lost the original meaning of this thread (as if this thread ever had any meaning...)

Shinto
12-10-04, 19:07
and to be honest, somehow, in this amorphic ocean of posts i've lost the original meaning of this thread (as if this thread ever had any meaning...)

ok seeing as we are 11/12 pages in ill repost the original thread starters post as a refresher for all those who need it ;)

Like many other NC1 Plutonians - I'm not playing atm and kinda hanging back and waiting to see how things go. From what I hear, the populations are no better than the counts near the end of NC1 with servers dwindling around 100-200. NC1 easily had 500-600 people on at it's release. Judging from the hearsay combined with KK's statement of 'adding servers as needed', There may never be a 1-Slot International. If those population counts are true, I wouldn't want one right now anyway. I'd just log onto NC1's Pluto now instead.

My other concern other than population in general is the atmosphere. I couldn't stand the 'Anonymity Shield' on Saturn in NC1 and KK hasn't done anything in the way of Runner/Account Identification or restriction. That, coupled with the fact that most everyone will have runners in the factions with the most needed items (i.e. BioTech's implants, Crahn's PSI Modules, etc), I'm curious as to how the atmosphere of Terra is at the moment.

Please speak up for those of us who are still incredibly skeptical about 'donating' to the cause that is questionably worthy...

Doc Holliday
12-10-04, 19:07

GET A FUCKING JOB! then get a new pc :)

Riddick
12-10-04, 19:29
There is a very big difference between killing someone within the grounds of the game, and killing someone randomly because you feel like it. Why have factions when everyone shoots whoever they want anyway? Don't mistake me for a carebear here, I've always been very much up for a fight. But after months and months now of being attacked by random people in allied factions for no good reason, I'm frankly sick to death of it. If I want to fight with everyone in the whole game I'll go play UT2k4, if I want to fight with half the people in the game I'll play Wolf ET.

Right now there is no good reason to play NC any more. The PvP is done much better elsewhere, the RP is practically nonexistent, the only people really having fun are the assholes more than anyone else. I don't play games to be shot in the back by someone in the same faction as me with a PPU stuck up his ass just in case, and until NC changes from that I'm certainly not coming back.
well you say your pissed off cause same faction or allied attack you ? and you cry about it ? you're complaining and saying they are not mature , man seriously do you really think people who always complain for nothing look more mature than those one who randomly pk ? plus if you " have always been up for a fight " why do you cry when someone attacks you even if he is allied does that change his skill ? is he better cause he is the same faction ? no i think you can kill him with no regrett as ha attacked you ...so i dont see anything to complain about ... :rolleyes:

Scikar
12-10-04, 19:33
well you say your pissed off cause same faction or allied attack you ? and you cry about it ? you're complaining and saying they are not mature , man seriously do you really think people who always complain for nothing look more mature than those one who randomly pk ? plus if you " have always been up for a fight " why do you cry when someone attacks you even if he is allied does that change his skill ? is he better cause he is the same faction ? no i think you can kill him with no regrett as ha attacked you ...so i dont see anything to complain about ... :rolleyes:
I don't cry about it, I just kill him. But then I ask, why bother with factions if we all shoot each other anyway. Then I ask, why am I playing a substandard FPS and paying for it when I could be playing one of any number of real FPS games. I'm not asking for something stupid like making players invulnerable to people from the same faction. All I ask for something believeable in an RP context: i.e. if you kill people that your faction says are supposed to be your friends, you get kicked out of the faction. There's no need for stupid SL rules making you drop 5 items, just make your faction reflect who you like to kill, simple as that. If you still can't understand what I'm talking about you might want to think about what the RPG in MMORPG means.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 12:52
GET A FUCKING JOB! then get a new pc :)

lmao

my pc is good... but tbh alot of the crashes are my fault not KK's.

overclocking without being able to afford decent fans = bad :(

Bugs Gunny
13-10-04, 13:04
Thermalright SP-97 for amd rocks.....
Plus cut a hole in the side of your case and slap in a 120mm fan, total cost around 125 €.

To get back on topic:
I like the terra atmosphere. It's just feels like my old home saturn :-)

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 13:26
Thermalright SP-97 for amd rocks.....
Plus cut a hole in the side of your case and slap in a 120mm fan, total cost around 125 €.

To get back on topic:
I like the terra atmosphere. It's just feels like my old home saturn :-)

i just put a full size desk fan next to my open sided PC...

didnt stop it from killing my PC :(

my mobo is prolly fried (i get a conductor error in the POST)

my gfx and/or CPU is fried (if i do anything graphicaly advanced my PC locks up - if im lucky i last 10 secs in FFXI or NC2)

Bugs Gunny
13-10-04, 13:36
A desktop fan on an open side can only help you keep ambient temps low, it doesn't do too much to your CPU die temp :-)

You need a good heatsink and cooler fan for that.

El_MUERkO
13-10-04, 13:36
A full sized desk fan wont do shite compared to a closed case with proper airflow pushing the hot air out and pulling cold air in over a good copper heatsink.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 13:37
A desktop fan on an open side can only help you keep ambient temps low, it doesn't do too much to your CPU die temp :-)

You need a good heatsink and cooler fan for that.

brought my CPU temp down by about 10*c actually (according to the bios temp monitor anyway)

but yeah it was my lack of funds to buy a decent fan / heatsink that made me do it