PDA

View Full Version : TC req on hacknet software

Slick
04-10-04, 16:58
Why are droners shafted again, my droner will have to gimp his remote control if he wishes to have any sort of weapon in hacknet. This on top of having to buy 40% of my rare weapons off other runners is just the cerry on the cake. Thx KK for screwing us droners over once again.

kurai
04-10-04, 17:24
Why are droners shafted again, my droner will have to gimp his remote control if he wishes to have any sort of weapon in hacknet. This on top of having to buy 40% of my rare weapons off other runners is just the cerry on the cake. Thx KK for screwing us droners over once again.
Ask the same question of tanks, monks and PEs.
You aren't special (except in, possibly, the Short Bus sense).

Here's a big secret for you ...

You can't do all things well.

Words to live by, and at the very least tattoo on your forehead.

Slick
04-10-04, 18:13
tanks and pe's have low int [ edited ] i can sypathise with the monks but im a spy and should be able to use hacknet without gimping my droning. Its just bullshit that pistol and riffle classes get all priority over droners.
I already cant use stealth without gimping and now they screw me again with hacknet.

phunqe
04-10-04, 18:33
tanks and pe's have low int [ edited ] i can sypathise with the monks but im a spy and should be able to use hacknet without gimping my droning. Its just bullshit that pistol and riffle classes get all priority over droners.
I already cant use stealth without gimping and now they screw me again with hacknet.
Do you have a Riggers Dream?

If you have that, or planning to get one there is no gimpage.
You can use stealth II and still cap a player build punisher (with or without RCL boost 1, I don't remember. You'll cap a mosquito anyway).
A T-C of 90 (Stealth II) will take care of the hacknet software as well.

Mumblyfish
04-10-04, 18:35
If you're not willing to drop a few points in Remote Control for stealth tools and software... yeesh. Honestly, just lose a bit of damage on your drones, you won't even notice it. Diversify. That's what I did, and I'm totally not gimped in the slightest!

Regardless of what people who've played with me say ;)

Slick
05-10-04, 13:44
i just think its wrong that i have to reskill and rifle and pistol spi's dont :(

sanityislost
05-10-04, 13:49
Go pure hack, driver with some HC.....its sexy!!

SiL ..:..

Killfly
05-10-04, 19:41

Don't forget hacking is somewhat influenced by RCL... (90% HCK, 10% RCL)... I know that's not much, but it's a little compensation maybe...

The T-C requirements aren't that bad either. Lowest is 37 for basic attack software... Highest (so far) is 68... Considering WPW is mainly drone range, you can afford to lose a few points for T-C... Regen and defense software have no T-C requirement...

Frotto
05-10-04, 19:45
Considering WPW is mainly drone range, you can afford to lose a few points for T-C...

except WPW is a subskill of INT and TC is a subskill of DEX...

But I disagree with the relevancy of this post... under the same argument Riflers have to gimp their standard tech abilities to use tech rifle in the first place... Droners have it easy because they only have to invest in RCL and AGL out of their dex pool... Tech Rifle and Tech pistols have to invest in R-C/P-C, T-C, and AGL. As someone already said... you can't do everything.... and besides I'm going to have to "gimp" my WPL to beable to use the Level 3 Hacknet tools because implants don't have any effect in hacknet... so its not as if we have it so easy is it?