PDA

View Full Version : Any point starting a tradeskill-char (Constructing & Researching)?

Wiz
04-10-04, 14:36
I were thinking of makeing a tradeskill-spy. Thinking about 100 in reserch and 140 in constructing as a base. Howerver i've read alot on the forum about tradeskilling beeing messed up and hard to level (compared to other proffessions). How is this in neocron 2, is it possible to level up a pure tradeskill char? Or do i need to be a droner or something first?

Also are there any vendors in NC2 that will buy blueprints from me? They don't need to pay much.. just so I can buy more empty cubes.

Any tipps on how to go from scratch to max in constructing would be greatly appreciated! As every constructor the goal is, of course, to build 5 slotted weapons.. :p

//Wiz

KRIMINAL99
04-10-04, 15:02
According to a gm they are making so that tradeskillers will be able to level up without combat using the terminal missions. But right now most of the factions don't have tradeskill missions.

Im just sitting on my newb tradeskiller for now until its solved. You could probably find some really clever way to level up a tradeskiller right now anyways, but unless thats your main character and you don't mind putting in a lot of effort that will probably get you only as far as you could with a tiny bit of effort once the missions are in place.

If you give your guy recycle, research, and construct, and melee you could probably construct things perpetually by gathering materials from low level mobs. (like armour parts and chems)

Also if you have barter besides research and construct you might be able to do the same (or close) but you will be stuck to items low for your level considering your INT would be split between 3 skills.

thebee
05-10-04, 03:06
whiz you read my guide?

it works well. but now with this new construction system. im not sure.

Wiz
05-10-04, 09:31
I've found you spy setup. The one with const. reserch and recycle. And that's what i'm going for. As to the guide.. did you meen this:

if you are serious about being a good constructor....here is the way to go about it.

put maybe 30 pts into willpower and the rest into construction

put all of your dex into remote control and the rest of the stats dont matter for that other categories.

everytime you level in int put your pts into construction the amount of willpower you get from implants is PLENTY and you should never need anymore natural wllpower than 30 cause you will get another 50-60 from the eye, and brain implants. this will allow you to use all the drones int he game at a decent range. your dex pts should ALL be put into remote control cause it will help you to cap your damage on drones and as everyone knows the more dmg you do the more xp you get. the faster you ki9ll things the faster you level. then after you cap your into and dex you can lom your 30 willpower to construction which will not make you loose a level in int. lomming your remote control after you cap your dex is tricky. you need to lom your remote control to the bare minimum needed for your highest TL drone. then go out and fight some more with that drone to cap your dex aagain.

or were you talking about something else?