PDA

View Full Version : Construction Licenses???

DigestiveBiscui
04-10-04, 01:56
someone asid over teamspeak to me today that my constructor will not be able to make anything he want's because he doesn't have any construction licenses

would anyone tell me what these are and where i can get them :S

zii
04-10-04, 02:00
construction licences: This sounds like crap to me, unless there's something nasty in NC2 :(

Sorin
04-10-04, 02:08
Every FSM sells a construction license and construction licenses are faction specific (i.e. you buy a BT license, TT license, BD license, etc.). I've heard various accounts of how exactly they are used, so I' m not entirely sure how they're used. I've heard it's one use for each item built, I've heard its 10 uses for each license, etc. So I dunno.

IceStorm
04-10-04, 02:50
FCLs are supposed to be required to build certain faction-specific items. They can only be obtained from an FSM, and by now we all know what that means (90+ symp, char in faction).

Originallly they were supposed to be rather expensive and one-use-only. It looks like they've reversed that decision and gone with less expensive units that have a number of uses per license.
construction licences: This sounds like crap to me, unless there's something nasty in NC2There's something nasty in NC2. It's no accident I'm not waiting for a one-slot server. I also have 12 Spy alts, one in each faction...

Seven
04-10-04, 06:17
There's something nasty in NC2. It's no accident I'm not waiting for a one-slot server. I also have 12 Spy alts, one in each faction...

One shouldn't need more than 1 account to be able to play a MMORPG correctly, but I can see where the current changes in NC2 would warrant that.

10T/KK supposedly made these changes to encourage more player trade.
It looks like the changes were made to encourage more accounts. :(

Drexel
04-10-04, 06:31
You know what, I was pretty much pure trade skill in NC1, but now it all seems a little too hard.

Think ill just switch both my accounts to all PK characters, (unless i need a licence to kill now too :( ).

Nerf teh timesinks.

Krush
04-10-04, 06:53
Is this L/C thing have an officail statement somewhere or do we just have to guess from what we read and accidently work out in the game maybe

Seven
04-10-04, 07:09
You know what, I was pretty much pure trade skill in NC1, but now it all seems a little too hard.

Think ill just switch both my accounts to all PK characters, (unless i need a licence to kill now too :( ).

Nerf teh timesinks.

Amen to that!

IceStorm
04-10-04, 07:22
One shouldn't need more than 1 account to be able to play a MMORPG correctly,Well, I was a Plutonian... From the time Open Beta started until NC2 went live, I regularly made up 20% or more of the population. Originaly my extra characters were because I wanted to try other things, but then they became somewhat of a necessity...
Is this L/C thing have an officail statement somewhere It was never finalized. Pray the final version isn't as bad as the draft...

msdong
04-10-04, 08:04
nobody needs a second char as all u need is interaction.
the licence is not bad and i support more influence of tradeskillers on the game but without player shops the system is a little hard(but dont remove it).

now i wonder what items will use licences.

Weaponizer
04-10-04, 08:11
It seems Medical Kits need a construction licence and those Arma ## parts thingies. I made a bp of them.

IceStorm
04-10-04, 08:23
nobody needs a second char as all u need is interaction.You do realize Pluto was at a single-digit population for most of the time between Open Beta until shutdown, right? A second character, for poking alone, was a necessity.
the licence is not badThat depends on if you're trying to get a weapon/item that isn't in your faction
and i support more influence of tradeskillers on the game but without player shops the system is a little hard(but dont remove it).Yeah, well, I don't think anyone expected player shops in the game at launch. Until they are, you can count this tradeskiller out of the majority of building. I'm fed up with carrying around 40+ BPs of items and parts, not to mention the constant "I want slots" mindset.
now i wonder what items will use licences.Anything in the faction databases.
It seems Medical Kits need a construction licence and those Arma ## parts thingies.Those may be faster-acting medkits. If they're regular... well, I clone medkits so that's not an issue.

MasterBee
04-10-04, 11:11
The whole license thing is bugged IMO.
I tried building a TL49 claw for a lowbie tank, and BP states it needs a biotech(?!) license and a bunch of faction specific parts... FOR A FREAKIN CLAW?
Soon claws will be rarer than some rares :rolleyes:
"d00d, i got a 3 slotted claw!!"
"w00t w00t, that is some l337 shiz, man!!!"

Dribble Joy
04-10-04, 11:50
The whole license thing is bugged IMO.
I tried building a TL49 claw for a lowbie tank, and BP states it needs a biotech(?!) license and a bunch of faction specific parts... FOR A FREAKIN CLAW?
Soon claws will be rarer than some rares :rolleyes:
"d00d, i got a 3 slotted claw!!"
"w00t w00t, that is some l337 shiz, man!!!"
Where did he get the claw though?

The initial idea was that store bough items were freely cstable using regular parts. Only the faction specific weapons would need FCLs and faction item parts.
Seems there was much fiddleing with the system since it last saw the light of day in beta.

MasterBee
04-10-04, 11:54
Where did he get the claw though?

The initial idea was that store bough items were freely cstable using regular parts. Only the faction specific weapons would need FCLs and faction item parts.
Seems there was much fiddleing with the system since it last saw the light of day in beta.

I bought the claw myself, from plaza A&W

IceStorm
04-10-04, 12:15
Only the faction specific weaponsRead: anything over about TL50, other than fusion weapons and nailguns
would need FCLs and faction item parts.There was never mention of Faction-Specific parts, which means it must be something you, Snow, and the others talked about post-GC. It was never mentioned in the item distribution thread nor did Snow ever update that thread after GC. Parts-wise, all that was mentioned at the time the Beta forums closed was that parts 8-10 would be faction-specific, not that there would be new parts.

DigestiveBiscui
04-10-04, 14:55
I thought somewhere i remember reading that u could buy cracked copies of the FCL for every faction from smugglers

so im guessing for example, the real FCL give u 10 builds....while the cracked ones give you only a couple?

surely that would work, then i don't need to know a runner in every fucking faction

MrChumble
04-10-04, 14:59
It should all be ok once we have player shops, cos then you just need to go to the shops and buy what you need. I assume stuff like FCLs will be on the sell list, probably at vastly inflated prices (if I have anything to do with it :)).

But like so much stuff in NC2 the FCLs need the other not-ready-yet stuff in NC2 to work properly. Come on KK, I r teh impatient!!

DigestiveBiscui
04-10-04, 16:06
that wouldnt help...seeing as u have to be in the faction to use the lisence

Shinto
04-10-04, 16:12
It should all be ok once we have player shops, cos then you just need to go to the shops and buy what you need. I assume stuff like FCLs will be on the sell list, probably at vastly inflated prices (if I have anything to do with it :)).

But like so much stuff in NC2 the FCLs need the other not-ready-yet stuff in NC2 to work properly. Come on KK, I r teh impatient!!heh there will be people who wont charge those inflated prices tho, cutting you out of business

Seven
04-10-04, 16:19
I have a feeling player shops won't be in the game for a good long while.

At any rate, the current system has to be changed to make up for the lack of player shops.

Marshall1
04-10-04, 16:46
at this rate im thinking of lomming my constructor thsi stuff sounds to much like hard work what was wrong with the old fucking system. I was addicted to nc1 but now im getting to the point where i cant be bothered with nc2 to many rules and regulations i really cant be assed anyone else feel like this that there getting bogged down with red tape rather than being able to have fun in a game like it use to be

Seven
04-10-04, 17:49
at this rate im thinking of lomming my constructor thsi stuff sounds to much like hard work what was wrong with the old fucking system. I was addicted to nc1 but now im getting to the point where i cant be bothered with nc2 to many rules and regulations i really cant be assed anyone else feel like this that there getting bogged down with red tape rather than being able to have fun in a game like it use to be

Yep. :(
And I'm sure many others will as soon as they can get past the Click2Pay problem.

GIJ0e
04-10-04, 17:51
the problem as i see it is, all these ideas like encouraging trade between factions, player shops etc, depend solely on one thing. decent high server populations. as yet i havent seen a single server get over 30% pop. until we are averaging 70% on a server (AVERAGING, not peak) all these "player interaction" ideas will cause nothing but annoyance and inconvenience imo

Seven
04-10-04, 18:05
the problem as i see it is, all these ideas like encouraging trade between factions, player shops etc, depend solely on one thing. decent high server populations. as yet i havent seen a single server get over 30% pop. until we are averaging 70% on a server (AVERAGING, not peak) all these "player interaction" ideas will cause nothing but annoyance and inconvenience imo

That's exactly what I said in the closed beta when we were talking about this, but it fell on deaf ears.

And the fact that player shops are not in makes it even worse.

Killfly
04-10-04, 19:39
I like the ideas behind the construction licenses, but like GIJ0e said above, until we get a decent server population it's not going to be easy to get the items we need.

For example, I wanted to level a n00b alt up a bit by building some medkits (I know, I know...), but the BPs need these parts:

Fallen Angels Construction License
AMRAD #2044-X
AMRAD #2044-L
AMRAD #2044-M
AMRAD #2044-L
AMRAD #2044-X

Now, first problem is finding an FA with 90 symp that is agreeable to getting a cst license for me. Next problem is cost. Protopharm FSMs sell equivalent MNPU parts, and the X part costs 88,351 to buy O_o Constructing medkits is obviously a lost cause as it's cheaper to just buy them from Medcare.

This makes things difficult enough for someone with a bit of experience and contacts, let alone a n00b cster who hasn't settled in yet - what are they supposed to do?

I'm not sure what the solution is - maybe non-faction-specific and low-TL items would be better off the old way, and the faction-specific items and high-TL items use the new system?

Like I said, I agree with encouraging runner-trading and smuggling, but maybe it's gone a little too far at this point?

Edit: BTW - PP CST licenses cost 74 to buy, so the price isn't bad. Other faction licenses, I assume, are similarly priced. Not sure if licenses are BPable, though I'd imagine they're not.

DigestiveBiscui
04-10-04, 19:56
Thats doesnt matter to me - This is what matters

YOU NEED TO BE IN THAT FACTION TO USE THAT LISENCE

Therefore - A constructor can't fully do his job, because KK want to now put fucking restrictions on tradeskilling

why? thats what i want to know

CSTING / RESSING / REPPING - IT WAS ALL FUCKING PERFECT IN NC1

Killfly
04-10-04, 20:02
YOU NEED TO BE IN THAT FACTION TO USE THAT LISENCE

I didn't realise that was the case :wtf:

If that's true, then the whole 'player-trading' thing is pointless anyway!

Seven
04-10-04, 20:42
This is why Player Shops were such an important piece to all of this.

Dribble Joy
04-10-04, 20:48
The idea of faction item parts was first introduced right at the start of the item distribution concept, but we ditched it.

I dunno how I feel about the FCLs being faction only usable.
On one side you could say that you should allow everyone to use them (and they would be sold in the player shops). On the other hand you could keep it as it is so that the player shops sell the items, the faction actually trade in the items that are from thier FSMs.

The problem with the later is that there is no point in hacking the BPs from the faction DBs.

joran420
04-10-04, 20:48
player shops and item tracking are number one on their priority list according to the launch statement...i would expect them in by the end of next week

Dribble Joy
04-10-04, 20:51
I would have thought that item tracking should be in allready.
I would be up for a roll back if it isn't.

joran420
04-10-04, 20:53
its not yet....look at the neocron 2 launch statement sticky

DigestiveBiscui
04-10-04, 22:45
i wouldnt care if it wasn't so damn annoying

it's going to kill tradeskilling, and all the moaning people who can't PvP for shit now have nothing to do.

All neocron will be in a months time (if the FCL's stay the same shitty way) is a mass PK spree

RATTLECAGE
04-10-04, 22:53
i agree with digestive 100% they making tradeskilling un fun. i would log my cstr just so i could help others by csting for free for everyone.just helps the server out.keep pple happy keep pple playing :)

Jesterthegreat
04-10-04, 23:49
One shouldn't need more than 1 account to be able to play a MMORPG correctly, but I can see where the current changes in NC2 would warrant that.

10T/KK supposedly made these changes to encourage more player trade.
It looks like the changes were made to encourage more accounts. :(

what is with everyone? is it so hard to find a single tradeskiller in each faction without making one? use your connections. use your mates, get one of your chars 90 symp if you want (in your normal faction).

everyone refuses to actually buy things and says "but now what do i do?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" tbh its pathetic... try interacting with other people.

i agree it makes things like a 100 holy heal batch job a lot longer and more annoying... but maybe tradeskillers can expect more big orders and higher tips (due to more time spent)

Sorin
05-10-04, 01:37
Okay this is way over excessive. I'm leveling a pistol spy right now, and I'm up to a TL 46 laser pistol. So I go get one bped, and when I took at look at the bp I shit myself.

3x MNPU-3400-X
1x MNPU-3400-I
1x MNPU-3400-J
DRE Construction License.

This comes out to 271,000nc, for ONE TL 46 laser pistol.

Gee, something a tad wrong here maybe? This isn't a 5 slot CS ffs, it's a noob laser pistol. Christ.

Seven
05-10-04, 01:44
what is with everyone? is it so hard to find a single tradeskiller in each faction without making one? use your connections. use your mates, get one of your chars 90 symp if you want (in your normal faction).

everyone refuses to actually buy things and says "but now what do i do?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" tbh its pathetic... try interacting with other people.

i agree it makes things like a 100 holy heal batch job a lot longer and more annoying... but maybe tradeskillers can expect more big orders and higher tips (due to more time spent)

Eeh?
Look at Sorin's post.

IceStorm
05-10-04, 01:53
that wouldnt help...seeing as u have to be in the faction to use the lisenceThey're not supposed to be like that. They're only supposed to be buyable from the faction in question, but they're not supposed to be set up to be usable by only a faction member.

If that ends up being true, I'll end up with twelve pistol/construction/barter/tiny hack Spies.... I'm gonna need a boatload of gloves, SS, and SF CPUs.

joran420
05-10-04, 02:06
wow sorin that is fuxxored....

i guess the recipes need some tweaking or part costs need to be adjusted or somehting....un less the FCL guarantees a min of 2 slots or something then id say that its fine

IceStorm
05-10-04, 02:08
un less the FCL guarantees a min of 2 slots or something then id say that its fineHow does getting two slots on what is a leveling weapon to most, "fine" , for an item that costs 270k to build?

joran420
05-10-04, 02:12
because it would help underscore the importance of rares....maybe make FCL's required for TL 70+ instead of 40+

IceStorm
05-10-04, 02:15
because it would help underscore the importance of rares...Huh? How does having a leveling weapon costing 270k underscore the importance of rares?

Rareparts still drop with decent frequency. Building a rarehunter isn't difficult - HC PE + N.E.X.T. Reveler = positive cashflow rarehunter. Rares are easier to obtain at this point than leveling weapons.
maybe make FCL's required for TL 70+ instead of 40+No point, really. One can use upper level weapons that don't require insane parts up to their first rares. I used a TL70 Fusion Rifle up to my Pain Easer.

joran420
05-10-04, 02:22
well i guess ppl will just have to live with store bought stuff or pay high ass prices for dope lvl weapons

Seven
05-10-04, 02:29
well i guess ppl will just have to live with store bought stuff or pay high ass prices for dope lvl weapons

Or, KK can fix the fuckup and keep customers because this is supposed to be fun and not a frustrating task after another and another and another and another and...

IceStorm
05-10-04, 02:34
player shops and item tracking are number one on their priority list according to the launch statement...i would expect them in by the end of next weekYou would? You know this is KK you're talking about, right? We'll be lucky to see item tracking by the end of the year and player shops by March of next year...
Or, KK can fix the fuckupThis is KK you're talking about, right? The guys who haven't fixed drones in over two years? The guys who left TL30 Assault Rifles out of stores for three or four months? The guys who promised a GR at Racetrack for over six months before it actually showed up?

Dude, they aren't going to fix it any time soon.

Jesterthegreat
05-10-04, 03:02
Okay this is way over excessive. I'm leveling a pistol spy right now, and I'm up to a TL 46 laser pistol. So I go get one bped, and when I took at look at the bp I shit myself.

3x MNPU-3400-X
1x MNPU-3400-I
1x MNPU-3400-J
DRE Construction License.

This comes out to 271,000nc, for ONE TL 46 laser pistol.

Gee, something a tad wrong here maybe? This isn't a 5 slot CS ffs, it's a noob laser pistol. Christ.

agree'd... this is messed up :p

i havent upgraded so i havent tried the item distribution ingame, but im for it in general (except stuff like TL46 pistols costing 270k :p)

thebee
05-10-04, 03:09
ugh adding the the two expensive part of this discussion

i bought a TL 23 Grenade Launcher

it wanted
MNPU-x,j,i,h,d

uh....over 150k for just a grenade launcher? are they guarnteeing slots?

Jesterthegreat
05-10-04, 03:20
ugh adding the the two expensive part of this discussion

i bought a TL 23 Grenade Launcher

it wanted
MNPU-x,j,i,h,d

uh....over 150k for just a grenade launcher? are they guarnteeing slots?

maybe they found a "unique" way of countering people selling tools? :p

KK: i know... i bet those sneaky tool sellers will be wanting to build grenade launchers! lets make them stupidly expensive to show them whos boss!

:rolleyes:

thebee
05-10-04, 03:22
Ok, this has to be a screw up. Or this system just sucks.

Look at this screenshot.

Ok Im going to spill the beans in words about the screenshot. A stiletto TL 1, takes two X parts? that cost 88k a piece making it a 170k+ knife? wow, it better put out for that much. i expect anything i pay that much for to be given something back in return

joran420
05-10-04, 03:32
ok its now obvious they have not even begun to ballance constructing in nc2

It will be for teh extremely well off for a while till shits fixed....

dun think anyone was building stuff in beta :P

Jesterthegreat
05-10-04, 03:34
ok its now obvious they have not even begun to ballance constructing in nc2

It will be for teh extremely well off for a while till shits fixed....

dun think anyone was building stuff in beta :P

these wierd parts werent in beta

closed beta and early open beta had no char transfer... i built loads :p

Seven
05-10-04, 03:40
This is KK you're talking about, right? The guys who haven't fixed drones in over two years? The guys who left TL30 Assault Rifles out of stores for three or four months? The guys who promised a GR at Racetrack for over six months before it actually showed up?

Dude, they aren't going to fix it any time soon.

IceStorm, I was just pointing out in reply to joran420's post that KK needs to stop fucking up (+2 years now) and fix things instead of breaking what does work in what they call an "expansion".

By no means did I mean or think it was going to be fixed soon™ or at all for that matter.
If anything, I'm on the same page as you with this. ;)

I tried to tell them in closed beta this was going to happen. :rolleyes:

joran420
05-10-04, 08:00
are weaponparts any cheaper at tangent FSM?

or are weaponpart components dirt cheap?

FarSight
05-10-04, 09:42
- afaik all low-tech rifles up to EAR TL 44 (old good TAR) dont need any license ....
- imo const times are much longer in retail compared to beta
- its not bad idea with this license stuff but sm1 already pointed that if conster need to be in given faction to use it license ... all hackin enemy databases stuff will be shit..
- medkits need license ?? bullshit
- pistol need DRE license ?? O_o

I think that this should look like: conster DONT need to be in given faction to use its licenses, licenses are needed for items that you can buy from faction FSM or hack from facion databases/high security databases, licenses are buyable from FSM (dunno about price but high TL stuff arent for newbies so customers can cover license costs up to 5-10k per item), are low weight and stackable (similiar to empty dc) and are used 1 per item. Licenses of coz shouldnt be bpable. That system will attract more players iteraction, making batches of 1000000 guns a bit pain (as it should be), mayby licenses wil grow to 2nd ord 3rd (after rare parts) currency ingame, mayby licenses will be a part of faction politics/wars, in fact there are no v.high demand faction specific items that are bpable (mayby only NEXT have them) but if KK will implement such items it could be fun when faction sets embargo or smt for sale any items/licences for other faction/factions ("sm1 sold our licenses/items to that scums from XX we need to find/killx100 this traitor !!"). I know that is PvP game and ppl want their guns build and ready NOW!!!, but hey its mmorpg at all and some fun other than killingspreeeeee is neded too...

IceStorm
05-10-04, 09:58
(dunno about price but high TL stuff arent for newbies so customers can cover license costs up to 5-10k per item),Uh, when's the last time you leveled in this game? One can easily reach TL70/80 weapons without managing to obtain a lot of cash...
but if KK will implement such items it could be fun when faction sets embargo or smt for sale any items/licences for other faction/factions ("sm1 sold our licenses/items to that scums from XX we need to find/killx100 this traitor !!")Falls apart with LE'd players. Falls apart with non-LE'ed players, too, as non-LEs can simply sit inside Faction HQs.

FarSight
05-10-04, 10:15
Uh, when's the last time you leveled in this game? One can easily reach TL70/80 weapons without managing to obtain a lot of cash...

nc2 open beta 2 chars to about xx/50, and if char didnt earn about 2-3 mil when lvl up to xx/50 he sux

Falls apart with LE'd players. Falls apart with non-LE'ed players, too, as non-LEs can simply sit inside Faction HQs.

Sad but true ... cant i dream ? :D

Sorin
05-10-04, 10:28
My thoughts, off the top of my head, are thus.

< TL 50 - Just like NC1, with no weapon parts 8-10 needed.
TL 50-79 - Need weapon parts 8-10
TL 80+ - Need a faction construction license plus those alphanumeric gibberish parts from Tangent and Black Dragon.
Same as point 3, except applies to any item obtained from a faction high security database and/or FSM.

That might be a good start. Maybe add **ONE** of those special parts to the 50-79 range, but not the 90k nc part. And maybe lower point #3 to somewhere in the 70s. As it is, except for monks, weapons don't start to get significant until the mid TL 70s or so. Below that is pretty much just for leveling or fucking around or whatever. These weapons lower that are than 70s-80s shouldn't need any special or outrageous construction requirements.

What if I had been a new player and that pistol spy was my first character? I've rarely had more than 30k on that character because I seem to go through ammo like toilet paper, plus I buy stuff like implants and tools (he's going to be hack/poke, and something else under INT I haven't decided yet). So where in the holy hell would I be getting 271,000nc to build my ONE TL 46 laser pistol, outside of begging and donations? At Dex 50, do I just keep leveling with my little 1 slot TL 36 Revver Gatlin pistol until I finally reach a spare 300k nc? I might be Dex 65 by then and be sorely underpowered. I'll finally have the money for that Dex 46 laser pistol, but I'll still be massively underpowered. What do I do? Start planning on building a TL 80 pistol so that by the time I can use, I have the money to get it built?

WTF? kos.

IceStorm
05-10-04, 10:33
nc2 open beta 2 chars to about xx/50, and if char didnt earn about 2-3 mil when lvl up to xx/50 he suxI went from 0 to xx/50 in NC1 on my new Combat Spy and only made about 1 million, total. This is on top of being twinked out the ying-yang with weapons from my main Spy (no build cost to me). Either you're slow, or you're doing AoE, something that not all classes can do.

DigestiveBiscui
05-10-04, 14:29
i made a toxic beam yesterday : TL83 - didnt need a lisence

just fucking scrap them, stupid idea

Jesterthegreat
05-10-04, 16:18
- afaik all low-tech rifles up to EAR TL 44 (old good TAR) dont need any license ....
- imo const times are much longer in retail compared to beta
- its not bad idea with this license stuff but sm1 already pointed that if conster need to be in given faction to use it license ... all hackin enemy databases stuff will be shit..
- medkits need license ?? bullshit
- pistol need DRE license ?? O_o

I think that this should look like: conster DONT need to be in given faction to use its licenses, licenses are needed for items that you can buy from faction FSM or hack from facion databases/high security databases, licenses are buyable from FSM (dunno about price but high TL stuff arent for newbies so customers can cover license costs up to 5-10k per item), are low weight and stackable (similiar to empty dc) and are used 1 per item. Licenses of coz shouldnt be bpable. That system will attract more players iteraction, making batches of 1000000 guns a bit pain (as it should be), mayby licenses wil grow to 2nd ord 3rd (after rare parts) currency ingame, mayby licenses will be a part of faction politics/wars, in fact there are no v.high demand faction specific items that are bpable (mayby only NEXT have them) but if KK will implement such items it could be fun when faction sets embargo or smt for sale any items/licences for other faction/factions ("sm1 sold our licenses/items to that scums from XX we need to find/killx100 this traitor !!"). I know that is PvP game and ppl want their guns build and ready NOW!!!, but hey its mmorpg at all and some fun other than killingspreeeeee is neded too...

from what i remember if the item distribution list there were 2 tiers of items in each faction. some only purchaceable, some hackable from DB and constructable.

so some items (i assume it is still like this?) are only purchasable from FSM and not researchable, but some can be made with a construction license. also from what i have read anyone can use cst licenses, just not buy them

:edit:

My thoughts, off the top of my head, are thus.

< TL 50 - Just like NC1, with no weapon parts 8-10 needed.
TL 50-79 - Need weapon parts 8-10
TL 80+ - Need a faction construction license plus those alphanumeric gibberish parts from Tangent and Black Dragon.
Same as point 3, except applies to any item obtained from a faction high security database and/or FSM.

this i like

DigestiveBiscui
05-10-04, 18:56
well it needs to be sorted soonish - u can't leave something like this like it currently is.

It's like atm, they stated they are working hard to get player shops up - i dont see much point with player shops until they fix this a little

whifix
05-10-04, 19:16
Haha. Here's a few funny scenarios.

-Construct Missions
1) Find a researcher to make a BP and tip him x,xxx nc
2) Buy xxx,xxx nc worth of parts to turn into the item not to mention construct
3) Turn the item in to get a wopping 15k for reward
You are better off just buying the gun from the A&W and turning them in :)

-Noob
1) Noob gets instructed by some skilled player of how to go about getting a new weapon
2) Noob finds a way to get enough money, through begging and working to damn hard, to get a new weapon constructed
3) Noob gets convinced to take his LE out by some really nice guy(oh no, this would never happen)
4) Really nice guy kills noob and hacks his belt. Guess what he droped?
5) Noob quits and goes to play SWG

-Repair gone wrong
1) Dood has his prized gun that took him over 1.2 mill to make. Weeks of playing went into making this bad ass mid level gun
2) Gun breaks. Dood nees repair
3) Dood advertises for repair and finds someone to repair and gives them the gun to repair
4) Repairer takes the multislotted gun and runs... dood never sees this gun again

-PPU Monk delema - LE or no LE
1) PPU carries around a small fortune in spells both constructed and store bought. He thinks "Should I take my LE out and risk droping these?"
2) No

Sorin
05-10-04, 19:27
Oh my god, I"m going to fall over dead..........

**It seems KK are on top of things**

I rechecked that TL 46 laser pistol blueprint to see if by some miracle they changed the recipe with the patch even though it was not mentioned in the notes.....

THEY DID. It now needs 2, 5, 6, 8. This is much more doable. Thank you.

Killfly
05-10-04, 19:37
Oh my god, I"m going to fall over dead..........

**It seems KK are on top of things**

I rechecked that TL 46 laser pistol blueprint to see if by some miracle they changed the recipe with the patch even though it was not mentioned in the notes.....

THEY DID. It now needs 2, 5, 6, 8. This is much more doable. Thank you.

Runs off to check medkit bps... Please, please, please...

joran420
05-10-04, 20:00
btw has anyone looked at prices of component parts?

Riddle
05-10-04, 21:37
I have Cst/Res alts as I like to tradeskill at times. Like the other night running through NC and a noob needs some weapon ressed so being a helpful guy I says yeah hang here i'll log me alt.

I logs takes his weapon, he's all excited as I offered to build it for him aswell.

Then Ganksville, I had just enough time to get me TL150 res tool in my 1 slot as I watch me health go down rapidly. O O nearly broke a sweat :cool:
Lucky my glove was in gogo

What was not cool is that I lost his weapon in belt which had been hacked and taken by the time I got back :mad:

He says "what the hell they do that for??"
I says " Cause their assholes man" "and i lost your gun :("
He says" shit man i don't have enough cash to get another! :mad: "

WTF is that about! I'm no carebear don't mind ganking but here's me point.

Yes TH is the new place to do the deed but you try telling a noob u gotta go there to get shit done half of 'em dont even know there's an outside!
There should be a safe zone in NC&DOY for res/Cst trade etc.
Not the whole place just maybe one zone. I'm sure it will aid in retaining some of these new people which can get capped and ganked later!

Come on KK you can't make them run all the way to TH at LV9 for a knife.

Seven
05-10-04, 22:05
I have Cst/Res alts as I like to tradeskill at times. Like the other night running through NC and a noob needs some weapon ressed so being a helpful guy I says yeah hang here i'll log me alt.

I logs takes his weapon, he's all excited as I offered to build it for him aswell.

Then Ganksville, I had just enough time to get me TL150 res tool in my 1 slot as I watch me health go down rapidly. O O nearly broke a sweat :cool:

What was not cool is that I lost his weapon in belt which had been hacked and taken by the time I got back :mad:

Yes TH is the new place to do the deed but you try telling a noob u gotta go there to get shit done half of 'em dont even know there's an outside!
Not the whole place just maybe one zone. I'm sure it will aid in retaining some of these new people which can get capped and ganked later!

Perfect example! :)

Killfly
06-10-04, 19:25
I totally agree with the safe-zone idea... I don't think it's too much to ask for one zone, or even one area of a zone... I got ganked in P1 the other night, whilst typing 'Anyone poking?', which was really f**king irritating :lol:

Also, medkits are now back to only needing Tib (see my post above somewhere) - YAY - ty KK :)

joran420
06-10-04, 19:33

i didnt even know you could have weapons built till after i found TH on meh own as a newb

Jesterthegreat
06-10-04, 19:39
Lupus?

are constructoin licenses suppoosed to by usable by anyone or only by the respective faction? i was under the impression it would be buyable from FSM (IE only the one faction) but usable buy anyone? apparently this was the case but isnt now... things like this not being in patchnotes leaves people not knowing if things like this are new bugs, or stealth fixes :)

Thanks (again :D)

FCL's are useable only by the Faction's members. It's not a bug.. I'll see if it was bugged before and if it was, I'll add it ot the patchnotes as fixed.

ok... FSM's are supposed to only sell to faction, and cst licenses are supposed to be faction only.

better make friends with 90+ symp csters in each faction lads!

whifix
06-10-04, 20:05
New patchnotes say that cst liceneses are not faction restricted now :). Celebrate everyone!!!

On another note... Faction HQ's are still safezones. Chances of new players knowing this... 4%

Sorin
06-10-04, 21:53
Construction Licenses look cool now :)

Plus those special construction parts were nerfed. The X part doesn't cost 88k now, it only costs 25k now.

Jesterthegreat
06-10-04, 21:57
New patchnotes say that cst liceneses are not faction restricted now :). Celebrate everyone!!!

On another note... Faction HQ's are still safezones. Chances of new players knowing this... 4%

lupus talkin about this now in pther cst licenses thread.

yup they now appear to be for all (better imo)

Dirus
06-10-04, 22:00
Haha. Here's a few funny scenarios.

-Construct Missions
1) Find a researcher to make a BP and tip him x,xxx nc
2) Buy xxx,xxx nc worth of parts to turn into the item not to mention construct
3) Turn the item in to get a wopping 15k for reward
You are better off just buying the gun from the A&W and turning them in :)

Hopefully soon this will be rectified. Just hammering out the last few details. :P

thebee
07-10-04, 14:37
Construction missions should even require you to get a BP. They should be given to you from the human resources person. Yah this would be a valuable way for someone to take construction missions to get BPs of something they want but who cares.

Sorin
12-10-04, 09:28
Speaking of construction licenses..........wtf? O_o

http://www.csun.edu/~kkb76210/etcmfcl.png

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 11:08
Speaking of construction licenses..........wtf? O_o

http://www.csun.edu/~kkb76210/etcmfcl.png

when i talked to snow i told him not to do that...

im all for clearing up the rare ool but elec tempest is sooo shit its pointless

Killfly
12-10-04, 22:21
Facts:

1) You do not have to be in a faction to use a faction's FCL (I know because my conster is currently BT and has built PP faction items requiring FA FCL's).

2) Each FCL is one-use only. (atm)

3) AMRAD and MNPU part costs were patched recently, as were recipes.

4) AMRAD and MNPU parts are not bpable.

joran420
12-10-04, 23:09
electric tempest is far from shit for melee tanks opening attack

[edit] but that is not a BP...i think hes pointing out that it says a FCL is the ammo it uses

Nidhogg
13-10-04, 00:18
/edit - off topic

N

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 13:01
electric tempest is far from shit for melee tanks opening attack

[edit] but that is not a BP...i think hes pointing out that it says a FCL is the ammo it uses

:edit:

for a couple of levels maybe... i said to snow if he insists on making it a melee shocker, it should be the thunderbolt (i didnt know it would be faction use only at the time). why oh why would you use an elec temp over a thunderbolt?

Elec temp: TL 91

Thunderbolt: TL 120

Bugs Gunny
13-10-04, 13:16
Because i have three slotted electric tempests that i use to run around with, and a 3 slot Thunderbolt i only use at op wars :-)

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 13:30
Because i have three slotted electric tempests that i use to run around with, and a 3 slot Thunderbolt i only use at op wars :-)

slots still being 100% useless?

Bugs Gunny
13-10-04, 13:33
Nope, it means they live longer before i need repairs.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 13:36
Nope, it means they live longer before i need repairs.

a ha...

melee rares are the most common rares (not many people use melee compared to other combat skills) as well as the fact that you use it once or twice per fight...

tbh just get a second thunderbolt. hell when i play a melee char i find its better just to do damage from the word go than to use a shocker.