PDA

View Full Version : Your First Most Memorable Neocron Moment...

Tratos
04-10-04, 00:42
c'mon then, whats your first moment in Neocron of which you have remembered untill this day?

Mine...
3rd day in Neocron me and my friend (Scarus) went to teh scarey OutZone :eek: OH EM EFF GEE, me and my l337 flash lighted pump gun, him with a baseball bat set off from the outzone station in OZ sector 1...out we went me leading the way as we both had gama fucked up so it was alsmost pitch black, lol turning the corner slowy as we heard a growl...there we saw a mutated dog 8| :( :eek: ONOZ! we saw it was red and it was comming towards us with its mighty 10/10 rank (teh uber tbh) without armour it bit Scarus and he took a big hit shouting to me to run, we both legged it back into the station and returned to Via Rosso 2 where our apps where to kill rats in the sewers for another week :p

....ahhhh good times :p

C'mon then, whats yours? :D

Mumblyfish
04-10-04, 00:52
Beta 4, I was making a melee spy (YARRR!)... my first character. Is it really that obvious? I had around DEX 15 when I decided to venture out of Via Rosso, and into Pepper Park. I was just enjoying the sights (the tits) when all of a sudden Smokey and a gang of four other tanks jump out and glue me to the floor with freezer cannons. Smokey comes up to me and says that if I give him all my creds, he'll let me have a ten-second head start. I put on my best "durr, i r teh noob" act (it was an act, honest) and engage trade really slowly, tapping in my creds at a snail's pace. The second the para wears off me, I tab out of trade and barge through the other tanks. Must have been my lucky day, none of them shot at me until I was around the corner. God bless my 60 athletics! I can remember a couple of the tanks not bothering to chase and calling me a "fukin n00b" and the like, but Smokey pelts after me, closing the gap and shooting wildly with a fusion cannon. I take two indirect shots, and thanks to my large chunks of meat, I manage to dodge into the subway, and therefore safety. With only a smidgen of HP left (as in one sewer fly bite would have finished me off).

Smokey DMs me with "gg n00b", and I never set foot into Pepper Park for months, because I was fucking terrified. If only stuff like that happened these days... :(

G.0.D.
04-10-04, 00:52
Clan PK attacking simmons. Only me and carinth (uber ppu) were on, VS roughly 20 PK clan members. And after about an hour of running around in circles blasting them we rained victorius; against the odds.

Dribble Joy
04-10-04, 00:56
Come to actually thinking about it, I really cannot think of a singuarly most memorable event in NC.

The time I got my SA, the time I got my PA for the first time, when I got a claw for the first time, when I joined TCO, when I got my first judge...
Too many to think of.

Shinto
04-10-04, 01:10
as a gimped melee tank very early retail handing a CS touting HC PA wearing tank his ass in tech haven

its one that stuck out cos it was freezer era NC, and melee was shit back then

getting my first Cursed Soul, was 3 slotter artifact xray modded monster, was so pleased to get it, as figured id never get one cos of the price of parts, shame i lost it due to a bug(GG kk :rolleyes: )oh well ive got about 5 more these days :lol:

Murder Elf
04-10-04, 01:25
One of the first days i played NC...I accidently it a guard and it killed me and i was like WTF THE GUARD PKED ME OMFG...so guess what? I went back and hit it again for revenge lol! And it kept killing me and i took a screen shot of it and was going to send it in for grief play lol!

mdares
04-10-04, 01:31
lets see most memorable:

well there was this one time where after i finally made it to MB alive at /20 and tagging the gr; then going back to city to restock. I gr back in and I'm like dead... "wtf" then i see ghost and ele gr campin those n00bs =p luv those guys ^_^

o and then this once where nograv was doing a massive spawn event at crp; he tells us that ok he cleared it so we can all gr in and get a head start... like 4 or 5 of us get in, and he spawns like 40 y reps at the gr... EVIL!

erm lets see o yeah another good one: ele on his peepeeyou and me on my aypeeyou running around tezla against some 6 mercs who just haxed our op (this was still cartel days i think) we took down a few who just gred into the ug to poke and wait... lasted about 20 minutes till we both were out of boosters... then we just high-tailed it outta there. While it was emabbrassing for the mercs (who had ppus apus and tanks), I must commend them (cuz i forgot to do that before) for their honor as neither side used parashock cuz we knew it was gay. kudos to anti para peeps

MrChumble
04-10-04, 01:45
Me: "Omigod, Abysmal! Some dude just PKzored me in the sewer!"

Abysmal: "Er, don't you have your LE in?"

Me: "Yeah, but he shot me, it was a dude not a mob."

Abysmal: "Nailgun?"

Me: "Yeah"

Abysmal: "And some other guy with a freezer pistol?"

Me: "Um...yeah..."

Abysmal: "That would be a beggar. They're like rank 5. You noob."

-------------------

Then a week or so later...

Me: "Omigod Abysmal, I got pkzored! Help me!"

Abysmal: "Ok coming, who by?"

Me: "Some bitch called Sweet Leaf."

Abysmal: "Um ok, I gotta log now sorry."

----------------------

Alex: "Hi."

Me: "Hi."

Alex: "Been playing long?"

Me: "Couple of weeks, enjoying it so far."

Alex: "You shouldn't really come to TH on your own, it's not safe."

Me: "Why?"

Alex: "PKers are always around."

Me: "Oh ok, thanks. Who do I need to look out for?"

Alex: "Me."

(at which point I discovered that level 20 melee PE isn't a match for capped tank with PPU support :)).

----------------------

I hated being PKed at the time, but I sure do miss it now it's more rare. NC2 seems to be improving things, so here's hoping.

Incidently I don't think I've ever actually said 'pkzored' outside of a forum post. But somehow it looks ok here :D

MkVenner
04-10-04, 01:52
a kinda cool time was back when i was in Imposing Order on saturn, me Selendor (or Selendil whichever was the PE), and Biker Man, 3 Low Tech PEs, held off a whole army of TGs (Tanks, APUs, PPUs, Spys) in a bottle neck for like half an hour, and just as we were about to call i a day a shit load of templars turnt up and we won....

Sorin
04-10-04, 02:23
Alex: "Hi."

Me: "Hi."

Alex: "Been playing long?"

Me: "Couple of weeks, enjoying it so far."

Alex: "You shouldn't really come to TH on your own, it's not safe."

Me: "Why?"

Alex: "PKers are always around."

Me: "Oh ok, thanks. Who do I need to look out for?"

Alex: "Me."

:lol: :lol: Almost the exact same thing happened to me. Except it was Promethius on his tank, and me on my then-hybrid Freyja. Came up to me, said Hi. So I was like "hey how's it going," since up to that point I had had nothing but friendly encounters with him. All the while we were talking and shootin shit (bout 2-3 minutes or so) he was buffing himself. I thought nothing of it, since people buff themselves while they're talking to buddies all the time. Suddenly out of nowhere he busts out the speed gat (not sure exactly, it coulda been a TGC too) and ganks me. I was completely unbuffed and unprepared, having just come through the Soliko GR on my way to buddies at MC5. :lol: He did that to me once before, so this was the second time. Both times he claimed it was a misundestanding, but you know what they say: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. So I didn't let a third time happen and to this day (this was around early summer of 2003) I trust absolutely no one and intentionally try not to make new friends. I can count the people I do trust on one hand.

But anyways, I hear ya Chumble :lol:

So anyhow, with memorable moments comes memorable people. So who do you guys remember from your noob days that no longer plays, but that you miss and wish would come back for a little bit?

For me, and this is highly personalized of course, but:

Augustus Valere
Rykos
Berdan
Zerosh
Mistress Dalyen
Jenniza
Codename: Noob

There are others that I unfortunately don't remember by name, but by personality/character type. :(

msdong
04-10-04, 08:20
in the first few days ill finally step into the subway drive to OZ-Station.
walked around with the finger on the trigger and then opend the big gate.

WOW - The big bad Wastelands

ok and than was eaten by wolfes because i killed their baby :p

applejuice
04-10-04, 08:25
my first walk from OZstation to MB as a 0/2 noob in beta4

daamn i hated those hoverbombers, i was glad when i was hilevel enough to wack those fuckers ...

MaGn0lia
04-10-04, 08:59
My highlight that I cheris till this day is, when me and my two friends started at beta 4, we were rifle spy, rifle pe and rifle tank (what an odd bunch when you think of it now) we all had our tradeskill, even the tank :D

I think I was the hack(spy), tank was res and pe was const.

We hunt some mobsies in PP sewers, we were like */12 and so bad ass. Then our egos doubled like mad when we got those mad street model rifles from mutant loot with slots and artifact quality. We modded em with phosphor (wich was overkill tbh), we strolled down the mainsewer and the oddest thing was that we were Tsunami Syndicates because in beta it was bugged, none of the mobs attacked Tsunamis for some reason, you could just walk by any mob and it would just stand there. Weird stuff man!

But ay, they were good times.

Psyborg
04-10-04, 08:59
i remember when I first started playin i made a BD char and I saw a um on the side of the alleyway and started talkin to him thinkin he was another player just like me....it pissed me off soo bad that he wouldnt talk back to me that I turned off the game...the next day I came back on and he was still there tried to talk to him again when someone (cant remember name) came by and laughed at me and told me he was an npc....i felt stupid but was happy that I finally met another player in the game :)

bling
04-10-04, 09:08
Me and 2 other RL firends(bling, Alex Krom and Ryan<-? name) explored Reloading Point area as n00b tanks....omg i saw helmut73 on a hill wtf omg....i took my STORM Laser and my other friends too + plus other weapons like unlabled plasma cannon etc ( i liked to switch while fighting) ;) ...

I came close to the hill, so that he couldnt hide...as helmut hits me from the top with one FS salve i lost nearly all my HLT points....me walked backwards but not stopping to shoot...he tried to escape and died (after 20 shots from our heavy weapons :p ).

He droped just one Psi Booster, but hey we killed helmut73 the No. 1 PK dude from Saturn.

:D :D :D :D

SilentEye
04-10-04, 09:17
Beta 4, I was making a melee spy (YARRR!)... my first character. Is it really that obvious? I had around DEX 15 when I decided to venture out of Via Rosso, and into Pepper Park. I was just enjoying the sights (the tits) when all of a sudden Smokey and a gang of four other tanks jump out and glue me to the floor with freezer cannons. Smokey comes up to me and says that if I give him all my creds, he'll let me have a ten-second head start. I put on my best "durr, i r teh noob" act (it was an act, honest) and engage trade really slowly, tapping in my creds at a snail's pace. The second the para wears off me, I tab out of trade and barge through the other tanks. Must have been my lucky day, none of them shot at me until I was around the corner. God bless my 60 athletics! I can remember a couple of the tanks not bothering to chase and calling me a "fukin n00b" and the like, but Smokey pelts after me, closing the gap and shooting wildly with a fusion cannon. I take two indirect shots, and thanks to my large chunks of meat, I manage to dodge into the subway, and therefore safety. With only a smidgen of HP left (as in one sewer fly bite would have finished me off).

Smokey DMs me with "gg n00b", and I never set foot into Pepper Park for months, because I was fucking terrified. If only stuff like that happened these days... :(

I loved reading this, good story.

The thing I remember to this day is something that happend more then once.
I had a Pistol PE, a female called Chika, beta 4.

I remember how I always went trough Pepperpark to just check out where everything leaded, to see the new things.

Everytime did I get ganged by other fuckers who felt the rush to kill nibs :o

Then I remember them running off and someone else standing on my corpse, picking up my ub4r pistol ( O_o )

So then I'd start shouting in EVERY Plaza Sector "The guy with the RED hair who got my pistol, can I have it back please?!?!?!"

"Hey, did you see a guy with red hair pick up my pistol in Pepperpark?"

:D

Drake6k
04-10-04, 09:53
Pluto, 6 hour OP fight at Soliko (before they added undergrounds). It was NDA, DarK, GEF (maybe TR dont remember) Khans, and some more. There was a lot of AoE and Sniping... (before stealth too) It was the best fight ever!!! Ownership switched like 4 times.

Sovellis
04-10-04, 10:02
I must of been playing a week and I went into the Wastelands for the first time. Man that seemed like some wierd shit. My friend picked me up in his chaincraft and drove down towards the garage and jeriko fortress. I remember on the way we saw a wolf and we were bith panicking about it and shit.

Then when we got to the garage, we saw a TG in the distance, and somehow they were already known as the bitch ass pkers. Guess thats why no one liked TG much on pluto. Survived in the end, but Ill never forget it :)

naimex
04-10-04, 10:17
The first most memorable day was :

The first day I started playing, and was given :

By QuantumDelta :

100 k cr

lots of advise and a few imps and armor

By Chyna :

100 k cr

combat training and weapons

Anna
04-10-04, 12:04
Pluto, 6 hour OP fight at Soliko (before they added undergrounds). It was NDA, DarK, GEF (maybe TR dont remember) Khans, and some more. There was a lot of AoE and Sniping... (before stealth too) It was the best fight ever!!! Ownership switched like 4 times.
was TR, GEF didnt exist yet at the time
best op fight ever indeed
amen

Best personal experience:
i still had my tank on pluto, lvl 90ish str, so i had white pa, and a 3 slot TPC that FINL gave to me
was fighting in pp1 against some TG and a BD clan, who later went TG, cant remember the name anymore, sweet leaf :) was in it, maybe legion? dunno
anyway, was 6 of them, and i was alone, didnt stand much chance and i fled into the sewers
healed myself a bit, tl3 and eating medikits
when i was back up to 50% hp, 2 tanks zoned down, both white pa, 1 tpc, 1 cs
i froze the cs tank with my freezer pistol (yeah those good ol freezers) and started shooting him while still eating medikits
heart pumping like hell, adrenaline flowing through the veins
cs tank gets lower and lower on health, mine stays stable more or less, im able to avoid most of their fire by jumping around
freeze him again
he finally falls dead
freeze the tpc tank, start shooting him
he goes down sooner, when hes at 50% hp he starts running to the sewer exit and i can kill him before he leaves
75% hp left after the fight
i heal up
pull out my tpc
i type, "i just killed 2 tanks down there, who is next?" but dont hit enter yet
zone up, 4 ppl waiting for me
i hit enter
they all stare at me, then at each other
and run away

i was like O M F G :D :D :D

Vampire222
04-10-04, 12:24
My cm clanleader telling me that "some asian name" was a wank for raiding mb 50 times a day....

SilentEye
04-10-04, 12:26
I remember once I was in a dutch clan with Dim and all those other shiznits.
And all of a sudden they all turned on me and started killing me, and I was kicked from the clan.

To this day I wonder why? :confused: :(

Napalm82
04-10-04, 12:29
Lets see now....

Must have been my 2'nd day or so when i was hunting in Plaza-1 sewers (ph34r meh) i was on my n00by APU just killed a "Roach" damn lil' bugger was hard to hit when you cast that slow.

In comes a Rifle PE/SPY with an Archer and starts blasting at me, after a long fight im actually victorious and he drops his rifle (No belts back then) that was also the first time i ever saw a slot and wondered "wth is this?"
2 Minutes later he's back, filled with SI and i kill him again when he starts to punch me, now i also have a medkit (First time i saw thoose too O_o )

He then DM's me calling me all sorta wierd stuff, i dont reply (Didnt know how) and he just gets even more mad, so I end up with the largest smile on my face for the rest of the day....

Ohh the early retail days, i want em back >.<

- Nap

SilentEye
04-10-04, 12:31
Lets see now....

Must have been my 2'nd day or so when i was hunting in Plaza-1 sewers (ph34r meh) i was on my n00by APU just killed a "Roach" damn lil' bugger was hard to hit when you cast that slow.

In comes a Rifle PE/SPY with an Archer and starts blasting at me, after a long fight im actually victorious and he drops his rifle (No belts back then) that was also the first time i ever saw a slot and wondered "wth is this?"
2 Minutes later he's back, filled with SI and i kill him again when he starts to punch me, now i also have a medkit (First time i saw thoose too O_o )

He then DM's me calling me all sorta wierd stuff, i dont reply (Didnt know how) and he just gets even more mad, so I end up with the largest smile on my face for the rest of the day....

Ohh the early retail days, i want em back >.<

- Nap

Hillarious! :D

Stuff like this does it for me ^_^

BaDDaSS
04-10-04, 12:35
LOL these stories are entertaining :D

My most memorable time was on my first week in NC, i was looking for a shop for ammo of some kind, anyway someone told me to go into Pepper Park and find an Archer and Wessern, so i zoned into PP1 from Plaza 3, and i remember the feeling in my gut "this is a badddd place!" lol.
The dark reds of the lights everywhere, the music in the background, all the "redy brown" monks in cloaks casting scarey spells sounds.

i remember i was on Ventrilo with my also n00b m8s at the time, and i was saying how errie this place was.

I started talking to some phat tank, and then everyone started laughing - I didn't know why but it scared me so i started to run back to the synch line ... too late! They killed me.

I was livid!
I still had an LE in, and it took me a few days to figure out how that naughty APU monk had killed me :/

All i knew was it was some spell, and it could kill LE'd player - ooooh, scarey times! lolz.

Sorin
04-10-04, 12:54
I was livid!
I still had an LE in, and it took me a few days to figure out how that naughty APU monk had killed me :/

All i knew was it was some spell, and it could kill LE'd player - ooooh, scarey times! lolz.

When the rare APU barrels were first introduced, either they were bugged or the LE was bugged, but you could kill LE players with them until they fixed it a couple patches later.

MrChumble
04-10-04, 13:04
:lol: Classic

It seems to be returning...I got attacked twice in PP yesterday, once by a couple of BD and once by a lone crahn APU (who obviously thought that cos I had no PA on I was a noobie). Good times :D

In the early retail days a guy called Jinxed used to terrorise MB. He was pretty much the meanest PKer I ever came across. This was back in teh days of the uber hybrids, so I used to live in total fear of the para noise - to this day it gives me an adrenaline rush - followed by a shower of HL.

One time 10 of us, just random guys with a couple of decent players, went to take him on. We weren't total noobs, I was using libby at the time and there were better people than me there, but we just couldn't touch him for shit, we might as well have been shooting at the wall for all the damage we did to him :(

I think it was shortly after that that Solitaire the PE become Solitaire the monk (and about two days after that they nerfed monks. fs :D)

[TgR]KILLER
04-10-04, 13:10
in our first week or so. when me and husk went outside the gates.. just in that zone outside the OZ exit. man already we thought the world was HUGE by then. but ofcourse we were slow noobs.. and husk found his way back to the gate. but then it got dark. couldn't see a damn thing. din't know the gamma setting yet.. and forgot my flashlight. lol.. finaly husk came and found me. and took me back to the entrance when it was a bit lighter. good times :p

Shinto
04-10-04, 13:16
oh another one i just remembered, back in the days when the OZ was populated.

i was wandering around minding my own business, when i got attacked by a few guys, being hybrid was able to get out of there.

i told my clan id just been attacked, one goes np, some TG are on the way to sort them out as they been pking out there for a while.

about 2 mins later about 5 blue PA tanks turn up all with CS looked cool, unfortunatly they though i was the enemy and downed me lol

i first ran into the HATE squad in OZ as well, my hybrid against Styles tank, thou i was noobish, he ran up to me used melee shocker ran behind me then filled my back full of plasma.

haha good times tbh

jnky
04-10-04, 13:32
was with 5 other runners after finishing a hunt at blackhill, we returned to the gr to find about 10 other enemy runners gearing up for an op raid.There was no chance of escape so we decided to wade into them, I was the only none rare user but was carrying a CBR :D (when it was allowed)

We all pulled our weapons and started to fight, the thing is that due to my lack of swirly I seemed to not get targetted at first, untill they realised that my CBR was dropping them like flies :lol:

Was a shame, when there was 2 of them left to one of me I hit the ground, but took out 3 tanks and a couple of others quicker then any rare :p
bring back the CBR (which I left in NC1 8| )

04-10-04, 13:47
2 things come to mind

The first time I managed to get from Neocron to TH on foot

I stood outside and thought it was way cool

Needless to say I was kinda disapointed when I got inside ("So like wheres all the technology the scientists made?")

A tank friend purchased a troop carrier but only I had the skill to drive it, the pair of us and a friend decided to drive to TH (the 3rd guy had never been) and then on to the canyon (we had LE in and back then the guards ignored you). The carrier took some damage from hover bombers etc (damn those roads are a pain in the mountains) but it was the reapers in the canyons that finished us off - unknown to me the tank had gone afk and came back to find us all dead and his shiney new carrier a smoking hulk, the next thing I got in group chat

"WTF happened dude!!!!! wheres my troop carrier?"

I just couldnt stop laughing :-)

SorkZmok
04-10-04, 14:15
Walking out the NC main gates for the first time. After weeks of leveling in sewers and outzone. I actually thought there wasnt much more. Then i walked out into the wastes and nearly pissed myself.

And my first opfight kill, wasted a capped CS tank with a crappy /50 blacksun PE. Tried running away first cause he already killed another clanmate and chased someone away. But then he shocked me from behind, so i though "fuck it, lets go", turned round and completely wasted him. Damn that was funny. After that i cleaned out the op cause they kept coming alone all the time. :)

I can also remember wasting Doc Holliday in front of the whole clan when we had a duel after an opfight. That was cool. (well i think it was doc, not sure anymore)

Finding out that spies seriously kick ass in close combat, wasting loads of people in NF. Still took quite some time till people stopped saying "WTF a spy? Are you sure you want a duel?" :lol:

El_MUERkO
04-10-04, 14:19
I got lost and ended up at the Gate, went outside and posted on Buddy Chat:

"Did any of you lot know there was an 'outside' to neocron"

Funny thing was most people didnt :lol:

THE_TICK!!!!
04-10-04, 14:35
WOW there is so many !! great game in all accounts if ya ask me..but i would have to say the most intense and absolutely most OUTSTANDING...er hmm i just thought of another one...almost as good if better..but ill stick with this one :P...is when dazz and myself TICK was APU back then and DAZZ was on his ppu...we killed at least six to ten r2k and various allies in an OP fight :P we just happend to be the only ones on..i dont know if it was the beer or what but we where unstoppable...ahhh those wehre the days :P hehe im back couldn't help myself..there was a time i was on tick and runnin from crp to cycrow..and seen project blue...and OWNED old blue...and kept right on truckin to cycrow..lol and this PE from same clan..hehe unmentioned...decided to take revenge...evil ryoko :P...hehe OWNED then lol the best part ever..was i finally got to cycrow..and there was four of em in the gr..tryin to recover there SI...forget all the names...but one of my m8's showed up as well..so i had a choice...kill em wehre they stood defenseless in the gr..or wait.........i waited till they got good and ready..and we went at it..oh man that was a great battle...a percy showed up and helped me out a bit...people wehre droppin..it was great..till they finally got me and sexed me todeath..still it was a good day to die !!! :)

GIJ0e
04-10-04, 14:46
bein at syncon with some other MoJ n00bs on my /30 rifle tank, starkes turned up, i'm like "theres some guy here with a swirly rifle" (first time i saw a rare) who then proceeded to gank us all with a first love O_o

Selendor
04-10-04, 15:20
First memorable moment... well early on Saturn our clan Vnox went out in the wastelands in a tank (omg! its a Warbot - its huge! Run away!) and took an Op from one of the German clans that had been around longer than UK retail. It was well exciting (How do we hack it??) and it didn't last long but what a rush. I think some noob killed me with a pistol. Wastelands seemed huge.

AlphaGremlin
04-10-04, 17:07
My first memorable moment... hmmm... so many of them!

Getting pwned by a Dragon Fly on my first foray out into the wastes? Being poor, I had to go and get my backpack myself... I was pissing myself the whole time I ran to it, trying to look for the Dragon Fly that had dropped me!

Playing against Foucault in NeoFrag with a bunch of mates. Any idea how hard it is to drop a character wearing Tank PA 4 and casting Holy Heal, Shelter and Deflector? Hard!

The time a GM set up a couple of chairs and a pot plant in Plaza 3... had great fun chilling there.

First time I saw a HoverBomber... I was like meh, it doesn't look scary. Then there was that mechanical "DESTROY" voice, and it blew my poor n00b tank away. I had just gotten my first vehicle, and I was pissing myself that it was lost forever!

First time being able to jump onto the sign in Plaza 1. Ahh, those were the days of insane tank agility.

Seeing a Monk in Plaza 1 throw Cron 45 beer everywhere and shout "Party in Plaza 1! Disco lights too!" and the cast Resurrection and dance around.

Being able to talk and appear alive whilst actually dead. Funny to be a n00b monk and just stand there and have ten dozen stacks of Poison and a Tank blasting you with a CS, and laugh... oh wait, that's just being a PPU! :p

Back in the days of the first StockXploit, being handed 1 million in cash by some guy! That certainly made my day... although I was worried that he would want it back sometime... took me ages to actually get up the nerve to spend some of it!

Enemy
04-10-04, 17:30
Logging in the first time.

Seeing the wastelands the first time and getting owned by the mutants at Jeriko.

Getting owned by hoverbombers on the way to TH.

Getting owned by cracky in TH.

Getting attacked by Nathan Profitt in TH with a flamethrower and owning him.

SHINJIN.

Numerous PKing sprees and clan wars and so on.

And some more that will remain unmentioned :)

ZyproN
04-10-04, 17:30
My first memorable moment, hmm.. yeah when I first saw a Powerarmors (Tank) one, OMG elite I just had to get one then I leveled like day and nights just to get enough strength to use it ^^

Jesterthegreat
04-10-04, 18:16
c'mon then, whats your first moment in Neocron of which you have remembered untill this day?

Mine...
3rd day in Neocron me and my friend (Scarus) went to teh scarey OutZone :eek: OH EM EFF GEE, me and my l337 flash lighted pump gun, him with a baseball bat set off from the outzone station in OZ sector 1...out we went me leading the way as we both had gama fucked up so it was alsmost pitch black, lol turning the corner slowy as we heard a growl...there we saw a mutated dog 8| :( :eek: ONOZ! we saw it was red and it was comming towards us with its mighty 10/10 rank (teh uber tbh) without armour it bit Scarus and he took a big hit shouting to me to run, we both legged it back into the station and returned to Via Rosso 2 where our apps where to kill rats in the sewers for another week :p

....ahhhh good times :p

C'mon then, whats yours? :D

gotta be first time i foud a WB... i didnt lat long :p back in those days no one had any resists and averyone spec'd body health / endurance :p

Saza
04-10-04, 18:50
God. Just too many to pick from.

I always remember the time I was running around Medicare, feeling like complete shit after I was killed at an OP war before it had even started. Then Shelly suggests over comms:

"Hey Saz. Maybe you should go rifles."

And I did. God. The ORIGINAL pistol spy going rifles. I felt cheap, like a heretic. Had to LoM back to pistols eventually, I saw the light.

Then of course the time when I popped out of MB gr only to be wasted by Tupac. After coming out many times to hurl abuse at him, he eventually got bored of wasting me and wandered of.

A week later he offered me a place in the clan :D .

Then after I left DarK and joined BRTF, I had my ultra-famous engagment outside outzone station with some dissident DarK members, where I spammed them with "I KNOW TUPAC!" several hundred times. They stopped killing me on about 10 health and let me go. Ever since then "I know Tupac" is like my catchphrase :p . But hey, it stopped me from dying!

I also remember my first experience of PK, by the loveable Sweet Leaf. And of course who could my REAL famous debut. Fight night!

God how many battles I fought in. How many battles I lost! I always remember the battle with Trip, where everyone bet like 100k against me, but I won somehow! Then of course me and Spearhead's fight against Zokk, then heralded as the Fight Night Tank champion, and after he dropped Spear I still managed to go and win :) . Knocked a glass of my desk in my frantic mouse movements though.

There is so many more. But I can't list 'em, tears are getting in my eyes :(

I think I gotta... food... in the oven. I gotta go!!!!!!

:( :( :(

<3 NC! Viva la Neocron!

Vampire222
04-10-04, 18:55
I know another goody one... first fightnight on Pluto, when jest set MeGaMaN and Elkdor up to fight against eachother.... that was such a damn good fight

And ofcourse abusing sweet leafs bad reputation :D

RATTLECAGE
04-10-04, 22:49
i was on my old droner big prick at deveraux. i am the conduit and a few others where there. when my now friend old enemy dafreak and a few of his clan mates rolled up.btw this was few months in retail nc1.kami drones at the time did pure piercing damage ,they could kill a tank 1 kami ask element :) any way 1 kami drone kills 4 ppl. all ya seen was 4 health kits and pple drop like a flower shape we laughed for like 1/2 hour. back then you dropped an item out yer belt in war zones when ya died and hc tanks ran full speed with
weapons out, ahh the good old days, blood brothers where teh win. :)) cyas all.

Lachlan
04-10-04, 23:27
I remember...

- getting handed 1mil nc in CA HQ 30 minutes after GR'ing from mc5
- getting off the subway in OZ and getting pwned by a rabid dog my 2nd day
- rounding a corner in Oz and seeing one of those low-level monks, I nearly had to change my pants after that.
- attempting to ride my uber speedbike to MB, trying to follow the roads (cause I thought I had to), getting lost and ending up getting pwned by a turret at an OP that I was trying to seek refuge from the anarchy breed at.
- getting dogtags and my first real kill in PP.

Shinto
05-10-04, 00:01
i was on my old droner big prick at deveraux. i am the conduit and a few others where there. when my now friend old enemy dafreak and a few of his clan mates rolled up.btw this was few months in retail nc1.kami drones at the time did pure piercing damage ,they could kill a tank 1 kami ask element :) any way 1 kami drone kills 4 ppl. all ya seen was 4 health kits and pple drop like a flower shape we laughed for like 1/2 hour. back then you dropped an item out yer belt in war zones when ya died and hc tanks ran full speed with
weapons out, ahh the good old days, blood brothers where teh win. :)) cyas all.
ya was teh win, BB were cool as fuck clan back in early retail, i remember element, bombshell , yourself and WithSlitWrists, great tanks.

Blacksword
05-10-04, 02:47
Mine was running around the outzone with my pistol spy right after i had a wyatt earp made. i hadnt shot it yet, my rank was 2/50 and i was near the area where the launchers are closer to nc. one of em, low rank tells me to stop, then proceeds to tell me i shouldnt be out there with such a low rank. he just saw my one stripe apparently. he told me he would kill me in one shot, and i should go back to the sewers hehe. I drew my gun, at his face, and when he saw the swirlies, my * rank i said, "what about now?" he apologized and asked if i would politely not kill him. he was a newb, and probably already felt like a dousch, so i just laughed at him and went on my way.

Blacksword
05-10-04, 02:51
I know another goody one... first fightnight on Pluto, when jest set MeGaMaN and Elkdor up to fight against eachother.... that was such a damn good fight

And ofcourse abusing sweet leafs bad reputation :D

Heh, i remember when the small clan i was with got all happy when all of us managed to kill MeGaMaN by himself when we were trying to grab an op. :D

40$Poser
05-10-04, 18:16
watching Syreus (a libby using pe) take on a heavy combat tank and ppu and pretty much own them.

Shinto
05-10-04, 18:20
haha Syreus was cool, shame he left.

remember fight in OZ i was TG at time, having just left mig but unable to change back to crahn cos of problem with faction changing, then i ran into him, and man must of been one of the most intense fights ive had, i think he had lommed to rifle at that point was using a pain easer on my ass, was close battle just about managed to kill him.
then i get a message of Jineko who was a noob in his clan at that time he messaged me saying syreus is going nuts and got the whole clan coming my way.

lmao at that.....while making a swift exit out of the OZ :D

fun times tbh

Jesterthegreat
05-10-04, 18:22
my first time being called a necrophiliac for sexing a dead body (ingame you sick fucks :p)

greendonkeyuk
05-10-04, 18:53
ive posted this story in a couple of these threads already so please skip it if you read it already

showing my brother around nc on his first day playing was my best memory. we went into the old level 1 sewer with the hackable door in it. so anyway im showing him all the cool stuff and he goes hey this door is locked. At this point 2 pes come by with pain easers out, this was the first time id ever seen a swirly so we are both transfixed. so im chattin to one of the guys for a few mins and the other hacks the sewer dooor, and my bro charges in like a fat kid with a dinner ticket rushing down into the sewer before ive had a chance to tell him what the crack is and starts laying into a cankered plant or something. anyway, im gettin set about by some rats upstairs (anyone else remember how bad those rats used to pwn) and so i cant go help him. the 2 guys wish me luck and walk off and the next thing you know that tell tale sound as the door in the sewer slides shut. i start yelling at him to get out but he runs at like 1mph and doesnt make it. so by now im tryin to hack the door myself but with like 14 hack it aint working too well and hes getting annoyed as hes stuck underneath the grate. in the end i had to go shout white rabbit to come hack the door for us. luckily he was on nearly every night back then and jus used to idle about in the plaza so it was easy to sort. we stil laugh about it now but i know that he hates me mentioning it in any of these kind of threads.

finally then for comedies sake the next time you guys see doc (holliday) please just point and laugh.

sira
05-10-04, 20:09
first day ingame - standing in plaza 1 at medi getting confused by chat -
a monk walked up to me, gave me 5k and said
"take out your law enforcer and follow me -
i'll show u a very important place" - that monk looked uber... was a >>
so i ripped out my le and we went off to pepper, indu zone
and into the outzone... damn i was scared -
"stay close and u will be save" he said so i almost stuck myself up his azz
when we ran through the OZ...
he finished off the enemies faster than i could read the info on them.
we entered a small tunnel, i heard a grunt and saw a tentaclelike arm wave,
he tried to step back around the corner but couldnt
cause he fell over my feet - and dropped dead!
i was like AAAAAHHHHHHRRGGGGG and ran for my life,
sure getting lost but somehow manged to get to subway.
after meeting up with the monk again we started a second try
and made it to the place he wanted to show me -
thats why the crahn abbey GR was the second GR on Khila's list
untill she entered NC2...

second day ingame -
my no more LEed melee-spy down in the sewers
killing spiders... an out of nowhere monkey hit me with something -
i just saw that "psi manipulation" sign and thought
OMG that monk is taking over my char...
was really shocked, paralysed, untill he told me
that manipulation was a shelter... and i was able to move again!

what can i say... i love NC
and even if i need a break from time to time
ill be back =)

Terayon
05-10-04, 20:27
probably when in early retail the spiders where clearish brown kind of. realy light coloured and wicked looking. and there where spider egg sacks in one room of the sewer. there where 50 spiders or so in the hall and running threw them with a stelleito was wicked.

my first rare was cool. hunted for all the parts and it was 4 slotted lib and a clan member gave me a ultima mod for it. come back bytor.

ya i have had lots of fun in nc. cant realy say all the awsome moments.

QuantumDelta
05-10-04, 20:37
The list of glorious clan moments is too long.

Matt_UK24 duel was worth a shout.

And, of course, Haruko and my first outting into the wastes in her HH4x4.

[TgR]HusK
05-10-04, 21:42
KILLER']in our first week or so. when me and husk went outside the gates.. just in that zone outside the OZ exit. man already we thought the world was HUGE by then. but ofcourse we were slow noobs.. and husk found his way back to the gate. but then it got dark. couldn't see a damn thing. din't know the gamma setting yet.. and forgot my flashlight. lol.. finaly husk came and found me. and took me back to the entrance when it was a bit lighter. good times :p

No you moron, I found your body, you dropped from a cliff remember! I remember being so utterly pissed that I came all that way for nothing, and also because I couldn't get you to understand how to follow the fucking compas lmfao.

But yes... that must have been the first day of neocron I remember, and one that was also memorable, not because it sounds cool now, but because it was cool back then ;)

I came in, 3 days later as kill as my wire transfer on paybycash at the time had taken a run with me... took a while longer then expected :(
Killer showed me the sewers, then we had beer in his appartment, and then we started to walk trough the city...
I remember coming towards the entrance to PP, and killer was being scared and warned me not to enter it... me being ignorant (not sure how to translate 'eigenwijs' from dutch :p) just entered... and lucky for me, it was a lucky day and nobody was around that wanted to PK meh...
After that... read killers post above ;)
Last but not least, we AGAIN had drinks in his appartment and sit down while the sun was going under, we talked a bit and it all made it feel like it was somewhat real.

This last bit... feeling it was somewhat real was the first memorable moment I think I got, after that many more have come that are more intresting offcourse ;)

Bugs Gunny
15-10-04, 09:53
A few:

The first time i saw the world outside.

Then when i spent all my cash on a rhino, went to mb and hunted there with tanks for cash and rares.

When we had a guy in my old clan lined up for a CS, we had the parts and since he was offline we wondered wether we should build it or if we should let him build it on his higher level cst. So i decide to let my lvl 134 cst build it, and voila. A 5 slot CS.

Getting my first ever Herc chip from phoenix and then having the server rolled back to september 5th :-(

Xeno LARD
15-10-04, 10:32
my most memorable moment has to be when me on my apu (Koth Dominus) and my mate swin on his PPU (the great masta blasta from uranus, still your hands up in the air if you remember him). Anyway we were about to cave at CRP just after we formed the first ever LARD clan (for the sole purpose of fighting Syndicate :P) and we saw a syndicate apu called blind spy. So we run after him, he's gets glued and poisoned to fuck and we think he's a deadman. All of a sudden Tanus (what a great guy) and heavy load appear around a corner. Before we know it blind spy is back on full health and an epic battle of lives follows lol. So after being pummeled by poison and plasma while damage boosted i fall to the floor dead. SOMEHOW Masta manages to rezz me and get me buffed while under gatlin fire with no shelter lol O_o. Once i was up i managed to waste both blindspy and heavy load. Tanus took a long long time to kill like 15 minutes at least. Eventually tanus lies dead upon the floor with us sexing him.... we turn, we see, we run... With Xantor and a bunch of other apu's ppu's and thank fuck we got away :p

Jesterthegreat
15-10-04, 13:58
op waring against laard, making Masta Blasta run from me on my spy (solo) then having about 4 of them come to hunt me (and kill me :D), then the rest of NCAT turning up and the op war being finished (followed by my rez of course)

Xylaz
15-10-04, 15:27
i remember that pretty much:

it was my first week in neocron, and after doing some team job in aggies me and my friend decided to come outside and explore the wastelands. We came to outzone and saw a few monks/tanks with the 'crackhead' clan tag above them.

- Hello sir
- (we) hello
- each one of you give me 10 000 credits now
- (we) uhm?
- counting to 10
- eee?
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- (we) run! (tries to run away)
*zap zap*

few hours later we decided to give it another try and went outside of NC to ASG.

one monk standing near the hovertec:

- (we) uhm... hi...
- hello guys :)
- (we) ...
- how are ya?
- (we) uhm... good
- having a nice day?
- (we) errr... (starting to run away)
- good to hear that, i'm going to have a nice day as well
*zap zap*
then
we decided to come back to aggies and lvl a bit...

learned alot about NC that day

Smock
15-10-04, 16:30
1st: when I finally learned how to find my appt and what the frigging code was!

2nd: my first solo Warbot

3rd: my first solo'd warbot hacked. (Every time some uber hack bitch hacked my warbot and had loads of fun watching me go mad).

SypH
15-10-04, 16:51
The first time I took a trip to MB. 2 clan mates took me out there in a 4x4 chaincraft. It was the first time I had ever seen a warbot or spiderbot. They were frickin huge! While I nearly shat myself my clan mates owned them with ease, leaving me well impressed. As soon as they left me at MB I ran straight for the first WB I could find and was own in an embarassing fashion.

(eXo) Opaleye
15-10-04, 18:58
Hmm... :confused:
First and most memorable act. It was in beta4 of NC1

I was apu lvl 30 or so and one of the few to venture out to the wastelands to mess with vehicles and made the trip, er. wandering aimlessly, to MB.

Launchers were really scary and the other runners that had also made the same trip had a practice of "jumping in" any new runner that appeared for the first week or so. O_o

This of course pissed me off and started my first kos list. :D

Been hooked ever since :) and thanks to all of you for al the "love"

Neocron players rock !!

THE_TICK!!!!
15-10-04, 19:27
my most memorable moment has to be when me on my apu (Koth Dominus) and my mate swin on his PPU (the great masta blasta from uranus, still your hands up in the air if you remember him). Anyway we were about to cave at CRP just after we formed the first ever LARD clan (for the sole purpose of fighting Syndicate :P) and we saw a syndicate apu called blind spy. So we run after him, he's gets glued and poisoned to fuck and we think he's a deadman. All of a sudden Tanus (what a great guy) and heavy load appear around a corner. Before we know it blind spy is back on full health and an epic battle of lives follows lol. So after being pummeled by poison and plasma while damage boosted i fall to the floor dead. SOMEHOW Masta manages to rezz me and get me buffed while under gatlin fire with no shelter lol O_o. Once i was up i managed to waste both blindspy and heavy load. Tanus took a long long time to kill like 15 minutes at least. Eventually tanus lies dead upon the floor with us sexing him.... we turn, we see, we run... With Xantor and a bunch of other apu's ppu's and thank fuck we got away :p lol what happend to masta ? we had some good time on uranus :D

Spermy
15-10-04, 19:27
My tank had his first Anal experience at avenger on uranus a while back - I can't remember who we were fighting, but sirrah was so far up my arse he could see out of my mouth...

Asurmen Spec Op
18-10-04, 06:49
when I first started(it had been maybe 3weeks) I was showing a friend the game and I wanted to show him my ownzoring speedbike it cost me 90k that was the same as 100mil to me at the time and I go out of NC and some girl is like give me 1k or die. So I slowly put in the creds then as i got to 1k I bolted....

Thank god for storm bots

Procyon
18-10-04, 09:35
This would be on my first real char.(a apu monk) leveling in Ind2. I had a friend watching me play. I was Biotech an in the clan B.E.T.A. hunting there with a clanmate. He ran out of ammo so we went to the gogo. While he was getting his stuff i went afk to get pepsi and when i get back i hear shooting. I look at my monitor an my clanmate is in battle with someone an a TT runner named Ghost is standing infront of me. My friend watching says he was shooting at you,i look at my friend all confused an say him ? (cuz at this point Ghost was standing there doing nothing) And my friend is like YEAH HIM, so i zap him with my holy energy halo till he drops.

That was my first pvp exp in the game and the only reason why i lived was because Ghost had a fatal. A fatal responsible for my first kill, now thats very neocron for ya.

eLcHi
18-10-04, 11:07
Allright, i`ll join the fray ;)

Late days of Saturn ... me beeing TG ... TG was trying to get a hold on Grant ...

We lost Grant, we went there again ... got owned ...

Then we went to Grant again ... well, almost, we waited at the Sync to Grant (you know, this Canyon-like bottleneck with THREE RHINOS and about 10 other peeps ;)

and then the enemies decided to Sync ... harr harr harr, that was a slaughter ...

3 Rhino`s can easily kill any PPU that`s trying to recover a belt, you knew that ? :)

Besides that NC has soooooo many memorable stuff ... *sigh*