PDA

View Full Version : Clan Bug

hinch
03-10-04, 18:23
Now i dont know if everyone else has this but i'm in a clan and now all members of the clan keep geting random mission failed mission accomplished messages like every 20 seconds also the f8 screen is full of missions and general crap

I tried to take a mission to kill mutant warriors to get my ppu's sympathy's back up and w00t mission never apepars in f8 because its randomly filled with crap

any chance of having this fixed soon.

i also have a BT char i need to get to TG and that aint gonna be happening if i cant do missions

Shinto
03-10-04, 18:24
lolerskates, the old saturn bug is back i take it

evs
03-10-04, 18:25
Yes that's been hapening since we set our clan up in patch 104.

MkVenner
03-10-04, 18:27
another clan bug is if you (like me) have 90 FS, but the clan only has say 40, then the FSM wont serve you....well i hope its a bug lol

athon
03-10-04, 18:28
another clan bug is if you (like me) have 90 FS, but the clan only has say 40, then the FSM wont serve you....well i hope its a bug lol
I believe there's a thread on this that says its not a bug.

Athon Solo

MkVenner
03-10-04, 18:30
oh, great...

Candaman
03-10-04, 18:31
also hinch we can't take out the 8 mil i put in and can't find the clan apt

MkVenner
03-10-04, 18:42
oh yeah, that as well....and the password cant be set

Darken
03-10-04, 18:49
ye weve got money in FF too cant take it out buhuhu =((
and loads f8 missions :D

Ryman
03-10-04, 18:49
also hinch we can't take out the 8 mil i put in and can't find the clan apt

WTF .......are you talkin about NC2?

where the hell you get 8 mil from in like 4 days? ha44..........lol

hinch
03-10-04, 18:57
ahh yeah no clan appt forgot about that

naimex
03-10-04, 19:03

well..

200000 cr per char

4 chars per account

thats 200000 * 4 = 800000

then you take just 10 persons with 1 account each and you have

now that wasnt so bad was it ?

:p

tiikeri
03-10-04, 19:19
buhahahah!!! Fear The Ghost Of Saturn!!!!

solling
04-10-04, 00:41
ahh yeah no clan appt forgot about that

whats this all about ? we got our clan app

Dribble Joy
04-10-04, 00:58
The FSM reacts to the average clan symp, not individuals symp.

Vithar
04-10-04, 01:59
Your clan Faction Sympathy is based on the average of the Faction Sympathies of the members of your clan. This is intended and not a bug.

The Faction Supply Manager uses your clan's Faction Sympathy to determine whether or not he will serve you. If your clan's Faction Sympathy is not 90 or higher, then the Faction Supply will not talk to you. This, too, is intended and not a bug.

I suggest that, if your clan's Faction Sympathy is lower then 90, you ask all members of the clan whose Faction Sympathy is lower then 90 to do missions until it is.

As for the mission spam, try deleting your mission.log file. If that doesn't work, you could try the following:

Login and cancel all missions from the F8 Missions window
Alt + F4 out of the game
Log back in and cancel all mission again
Rinse and repeat 3 or 4 times
Hopefully that little workaround works for you, it has for me.

Another thing to keep in mind. Leaving your clan in order to get the Faction Supply Manager to talk to you will cost you Faction Sympathy. This is also by design and not a bug.

If you need to change the password for your clan, please do so from the clan apartment key. City Com functions for clans are not working properly, as you all are aware. KK is also aware of this and is in the process of fixing it. There is, however, no ETA for the fix, so please don't ask. ;)

If you are unable to change your password via the clan key, then send an email to helpdesk@neocron.com. Please make sure that you try to change the password via the clan key BEFORE emailing the helpdesk.

I hope that covers everything. ;)

V

tiikeri
04-10-04, 03:29
It's nice to have some official word about this clan thinggy..

But i think everyone who played on saturn have doubts about KK managing to fix the mission bug since it has existed quite a long time.
And the funny thing is that it only existed on saturn....... are you sure you had new servers? ;)

And "fixing" the mission bug to get one, with that guide of yours Vit is too temporary. If i remember right - after you have completed the one mission you finally had, you can't get new mission and have to hassle again to get new mission -> boooooriiiiing.

Mr Kot
04-10-04, 03:42
Leaving your clan in order to get the Faction Supply Manager to talk to you will cost you Faction Sympathy. This is also by design and not a bug.

I often wondered whether that was bug or feature.

But, ffs WHY???

Is there any logical roleplay reason why your faction should be pissed at you for leaving a clan? Leaving the faction, yes. Whether you are a member of a clan or not is your business. For all your faction knows, u could be leaving a shit clan to join a much better one in order to better serve the faction, take OPs for them etc. so why the hell should we lose faction sympathy for that?

Another thing i've noticed about this: upon leaving a clan, your symp seems to drop to exactly that of the whole clan. This is what led me to believe it was a bug. What i haven't yet tried, is leaving a clan where the clan symp is higher than my own. Has anyone done that? What happened? I assumed that you would gain symp.

Krush
04-10-04, 06:01
Thx, appreciate an offical word !!! ;)

Seven
04-10-04, 06:02
I often wondered whether that was bug or feature.

But, ffs WHY???

TIMESINKS

Seems most of the "new content" in NC2 are just timesinks. weeeeee :lol:

hinch
04-10-04, 12:18
vithar nice response

unfortunatly

a) we dont have a clan appt at all ie: its not listed anywhere where teh entrance is and we cannot set a password for it.

b) the mission spam is constant nomatter what you do its clearly a bug in the system. you cant cancel missions in f8 window if you delete your mission log file it just recreates it and fills it with more spam.

Shinto
04-10-04, 12:24
vithar nice response

unfortunatly

a) we dont have a clan appt at all ie: its not listed anywhere where teh entrance is and we cannot set a password for it.

b) the mission spam is constant nomatter what you do its clearly a bug in the system. you cant cancel missions in f8 window if you delete your mission log file it just recreates it and fills it with more spam.
dont think its just yourselves either, i heard a ca clan in faction had the same/similar problem

Crest
04-10-04, 13:01
Your clan Faction Sympathy is based on the average of the Faction Sympathies of the members of your clan. This is intended and not a bug.

The Faction Supply Manager uses your clan's Faction Sympathy to determine whether or not he will serve you. If your clan's Faction Sympathy is not 90 or higher, then the Faction Supply will not talk to you. This, too, is intended and not a bug.

Can confirm this, and added to this you drop a lot of Symp ... This will encourage runners not to have all their chars in Clans ... So makes no sense to me ....

Here is a warning for all you who have joined and left a clan ... Big Bug if you dont got people you trust

I did the symp mission thingy, created a clan, invited chars in , could not buy stuff (ave symp < 90) and handed the reins of clan to another char. I got symp up again, and able to buy for my clan that i dont belong too... Now here is the bug

Although I am not in the clan I can, open the doors, look into the cabs take if I wanted .... I havent checked if I am able to get cash as its screwed ....

For the Mission bug , cancle (abort) all your missions , then log, come back and cancel again, then you can pick up new ones... This works ...

MaGn0lia
04-10-04, 13:43
Does your FS drop if you get kicked out of clan?

Because I can see a huge exploit here for those neotards, inviting noobs to their clan and just kicking them off, maybe if they are stupid they'll get to do it again and in this point you should have so low FS that you be kicked out of the faction.

YAY!

[TgR]KILLER
04-10-04, 13:44
vithar nice response

unfortunatly

a) same as a load of fa clans have.. no clan app can't take the cash out can't set password..

b) everytime you just go to the clanscreen it gets filled with that crap.. clicking cancel mission 20000 times fixes it.. also opening the f8 screen before you go to the clan admin prevents it being filled with crap in most cases.. bug was there in beta to :rolleyes: both bugs were.. a well lets hope for a quick fix.

hinch
04-10-04, 13:53
lol in our case you dont even need to goto the clann screen to get this mission bug thingie

just because yuor in a clan when you log in f8 is filled up and you get these ace random mission accomplished mission failed bugs.

at least it doesnt take cash of us for each failed mission

Crest
04-10-04, 14:46
Does your FS drop if you get kicked out of clan?

Because I can see a huge exploit here for those neotards, inviting noobs to their clan and just kicking them off, maybe if they are stupid they'll get to do it again and in this point you should have so low FS that you be kicked out of the faction.

YAY!

it goes the other way though ... You got 90 symp, get kicked out clan, and still 90 symp ... join in later, and so fourth ... I dont think KK thought his one through, and hence they force everything for faction symp on clan symp ... this is not the right solution here .... THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT SOLUTION

Shinto
04-10-04, 15:51
so basically faction symp wise id be better of without a clan O_o

no wonder people are having problems with clans KK DONT WANT YOU TO HAVE ONE111oneoneone

Xadhoom
04-10-04, 16:23
well..

200000 cr per char

4 chars per account

thats 200000 * 4 = 800000

then you take just 10 persons with 1 account each and you have

now that wasnt so bad was it ?

:p

OMG IT IZ A LIVING CALCULATOROROROR 8|

Shinto
04-10-04, 16:31
its just a shame you dont actually start with 200k tho :D

Sakletare
04-10-04, 16:44

It's a stupid feature anyway. It punishes the runners of your faction that's in a clan. Being in a clan should be a good thing, as it is now you're better off un-clanned or even in another faction.

Crest
04-10-04, 17:07
its just a shame you dont actually start with 200k tho :D

The other assumption here is that,
There is 40 chars out there, mebbe 2 or 3 accountd, mebbe more, who have donated everything to their clan, and have no need for any of their own money . This means that they have brought over 1 ammo, 1 medi , and all spells they could need...

We all know how a clan could get 8million in 5 days, or how it was brought over. Persoanly , i brought 1 of each tool on 4 of my chars, just incase I needed them
that 1* 150 remote, self implant tool, 1 * const, repair, recycle, and research tool. This was ditributed to the clans worker bees and the rest sold off with our barter . Had we thought about this prooperly we could have created transport mules for pure cash as the const tool sells for 175k

So we were able to generate a few k extra, which bought us our APP and a gogo, pretty empty though with a few items in it

Cruiser
04-10-04, 17:13

thing is FAnG have about 83million in the clan bank :rolleyes:

GambitFlame
04-10-04, 17:15
thing is FAnG have about 83million in the clan bank :rolleyes:

Its called forward planning, and i doubt we have 83million to be quite honest O_o

hinch
04-10-04, 17:32
think we have about 10 mill atm most of which is from cannings or fenix as they sold something for 10 mill

Cruiser
04-10-04, 17:40
yea i appologise im a tard and obviously need to wear my contacts

[TgR]KILLER
04-10-04, 17:46
not hard to get cash.. esp not if your from pluto with multi accounts.. not hard if you just transferd only your normal pluto chars with maybe 1/2 from another server and all the other slots just packed with 10 TL 150 cst tools ;) but not alot of people have that..