PDA

View Full Version : NC2 Dx9 died on me

Kali
03-10-04, 02:05
well to put is simply as soon as i load to the sycronizing the client FRE's and im back to desktop, ive tryed restarting ive tryed chaging resilution, windowed mode, but i can no longer get NC2 runnign in DX 9 mode... even moved my char a few secors to see if it was a random mapping bug causing a over-flow *shakes head* that didnt work ether, so im now playing NC2 in DX 7 mode

has any one else had this porblem, is there a work around and or is ther a patch/fix in the pipe line

athon
03-10-04, 02:15
What graphics card do you have?

BTW your sig is too big. 100px or 6 lines of text (or a mixture there of) is the limit. And the limit on signature image filesizes is 100KB IIRC.

Athon Solo

Kali
03-10-04, 02:23
What graphics card do you have?

BTW your sig is too big. 100px or 6 lines of text (or a mixture there of) is the limit. And the limit on signature image filesizes is 100KB IIRC.

Athon Solo

just read the rules to check didnt say anything about the File size but it did say about the file hight so ne ways Ta-da :P... Radeon 8500 if that helps

XenivouS
03-10-04, 03:06
how do you change it from DX7 to DX9?

athon
03-10-04, 03:09
how do you change it from DX7 to DX9?
Hit the 'Configuration' button on your launcher, then go to Hardware COnfiguration.

Athon Solo

The Ottoman
03-10-04, 20:12
Strangly enough I don't have the option to choose. When I go to hardware configuration there is only D3D7. Anyone any ideas?

Tratos
03-10-04, 20:15
just read the rules to check didnt say anything about the File size but it did say about the file hight so ne ways Ta-da :P... Radeon 8500 if that helps
'Must not use excessive bandwidth' is what is says in the forum rules so if it loads slow for 56k users it'll be gone.

athon
03-10-04, 20:24
Strangly enough I don't have the option to choose. When I go to hardware configuration there is only D3D7. Anyone any ideas?
That means your card probably only fully supports DirectX 7. Try using DirectX 7 mode and come back if you have problems.

Athon Solo

The Ottoman
03-10-04, 20:41
That means your card probably only fully supports DirectX 7. Try using DirectX 7 mode and come back if you have problems.

Athon Solo

First of all thx for trying to help. :) I can get into the game but i'm not happy with the game performance. In NC1 the performance was a lot better with the same hardware i have.

AMD Athlon xp 1600+
clockspeed: 1.40 Ghz, 224MB
NVIDIA GEforce2 Integrated GPU

[D]est
03-10-04, 20:48
Are there also memery leaks in DX7? Cus then I would be playing DX7 !!!
So forget the DX9 ^^

Radeon 8500? isnt that a dx8 card or something?

athon
03-10-04, 20:49
GeForce 2's are old. They don't support DX9 stuff. The game relies a lot more heavily on the graphics card now, which may explain the performance decrease. Perhaps it's time for an upgrade for your video card.

The other thing is, how much RAM does your PC have and is the performance decrease immeidate or does it start off OK then go downhill. If it's the latter then it may be down to memory leak problems in the engine. These are supposed to be top priority and getting fixed in the next few patches.

Athon Solo

The Ottoman
03-10-04, 20:56
It should be 256 ram but a certain amount(32) is used for video memory. The decrease is from the start.
I'm also using Omegadrivers wich improves my fps but the lack of free memory is bringing down my performance.
I think it's best to take your advice and upgrade my hardware. ;)

Gunner_turret
04-10-04, 01:54
Does it look anything like this?
Its what i get,
(Its plaza sector 2)
(sorry for the red crap i resized it on paint)