PDA

View Full Version : NC2 performance

Shinto
02-10-04, 21:33
since ive been playing NC2 has had shitty performance, i get terrible FPS, and even when i am getting good FPS i suffer from lag spikes that will make my char seemingly jump forward .

this is a real pain cos means i pretty much cant PvP.

anyone else suffering from this.

i used to get decent performance in NC1 enough so that i could fight decent, but now its like im having to think is there much point playing in the long term.

ive tried playing it in DX7 DX9 diffrent setting turning all the stuff down etc, only improves when i really put the force fog as low as you can lol

oh and does anyone else get the problem of the sky not disappearing when i want it to, ive turned the option off, yet i still get the sky, i used to get a few extra fps with the sky off in NC1 but i aint getting the benefit in NC2 cos the sky dont want to turn off.

meh why did KK have to do fuck with all the textures :( was happy with the way it was in NC1 all they had to do was throw us the dome of york without touching stuff like that.

dunno what to do to get it any better than what it is

Underground
02-10-04, 21:45
If you have only just installed DX9 for NC, Reinstall your gfx card drivers to the latest ones, try using omega drivers aswell as they give me a huge boost.

Shinto
02-10-04, 21:55
ok ill give that a go see if it helps

thanks

DigestiveBiscui
02-10-04, 23:42
i get it as well

its just the way KK's compatability with machines is shit

I.E FRE's :p