PDA

View Full Version : Black Dragon FSM and New Drugs

Sorin
01-10-04, 23:21
So I finally got my BD sympathy up to 90+ after running aggressor missions in P2 for a couple hours. I got to the Black Dragon FSM and took a look at what he sells.

He sells construction licenses for BD.
He sells a series of items that look like weapon parts, but are named "Armad [alpha-numeric gibberish]".
He sells Locational DoY apartments, normal and unfurnished.
He sells BD Clan Keys
He sells Beast, Nightspider, Blue Fairy, and Red Flash. Other drugs available at Medicare type NPCs.

He also sells 5 new drugs:
Yellow Dragon
Red Dragon
White Dragon
Blue Dragon
Green Dragon

Each one is a 10 minute drug. Each one is set up as follows:

Resist [x]: +150
HLT: -50
END: -100

For x, Yellow Dragon is Force, Red Dragon is Fire, White Dragon is Energy, Blue Dragon is Xray, and Green Dragon is Poison.

I've tried out two of the drugs, the poison and fire versions. This was using a capped (except for 4 INT) Rifle Spy. I tried them one at a time and they definitely made a big difference. Even though my hit points got nerfed from 321 down to 209 (HLT going from 90, to 40 because of the -50 HLT on the drug), the drugs made a fantastic difference. This was without even wearing a fire belt or poison belt and having 0 natural resist in those skills and having 0 armor resist.

As for the drugs, a couple of thoughts. Maybe they should only add 114, since CON resists cap at that number. Or maybe the drugs should add armor resists (although considering they're a drug, that wouldn't make much sense). But either way, they're pretty nice drugs if you find a use for them. I think I'll be able to hunt Grim mobs a lot easier on my spy with that Red Dragon drug plus a fire belt.

Spermy
01-10-04, 23:29
Awesome - time for me to get some contacts in BD the eh? :D :D :D

LiL T
01-10-04, 23:34
2 hours of missions lol ?

I have been at it all day I'm very tired theres never any launchers :\ Anyway got my symp up too 88 just a few more missions thank god lol :)

Sorin
01-10-04, 23:46
2 hours of missions lol ?

I have been at it all day I'm very tired theres never any launchers :\ Anyway got my symp up too 88 just a few more missions thank god lol :)

Yeah, it only took a couple hours because I was doing aggressor captain missions in Plaza 2. The Level 4 cellar is placed right next to the citycoms in such a way that you can run in and out of that cellar all day grabbing missions at the citycom with no problems. That way, it's a pretty fast process. The guards don't have a proper line of sight to you so they aren't able to aggro on you. And the copbots don't seem to have an auto detect like they did for SL in NC1 (meaning they didn't have to see you to aggro you, you just had to be in the zone and physically close enough). Plus copbots and guards can't see through stealth, so it was even easier.

Lachlan
01-10-04, 23:47
Maybe they should only add 114, since CON resists cap at that number.
There's not a "cap", 114 is the flip point where adding more points won't have as much affect as adding a single point at lower resists. If you're getting "free" points through drugs, what's it matter?

Sorin
01-10-04, 23:51
It was just a thought man, not a real suggestion. I honestly don't care whether they leave it at 150 or change it to 114 or 119. Any of those numbers will still be a nearly capped overall resist.

And:

Any points spent in a resist past 114 will not add to your resists. They're capped at 114. However Armor can add to your resists ontop of that as the skill resist do not reach the actual cap.

From http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=98136&highlight=Resists

Lachlan
01-10-04, 23:55
I stand corrected. :D

Sorin
02-10-04, 06:12
Well yeah, okay, I though this was more interesting than 6 replies, but guess not. Anyways, the BD FSM also sells these:

There's about 10 of them (give or take 1 or 2)

http://www.csun.edu/~kkb76210/bdfsm1.gif

Anyone know WTF?

Dirus
02-10-04, 07:02
They're Special City Only construction Items, both Cities have a set of them.. Certain items require those parts to build.

Birkoff
02-10-04, 07:48
They're Special City Only construction Items, both Cities have a set of them.. Certain items require those parts to build.

Thats a fucking kewl idea. I was wondering what they were for.

GG

Unbleest
02-10-04, 09:17
He sells construction licenses for BD.

What this licenses are for?
Does someone who wants to construct a fractionitem have there licenses?

Sorin
02-10-04, 09:23
I don't know for sure, but I heard that if you want to construct certain things that are only sold by certain factions, then you need a construction license. And supposedly you need a license for EACH ONE. Should this be true, this means that for example, 100 holy heals = needing 100 crahn construction licenses.

I'll say this: My constructor just retired.

naimex
02-10-04, 10:16
Theres a guy near BD HQ i think it is, that can make you a new drug named "IceFlash" if you find the right things for him... I´m still waiting and hoping and trying each day to get the FA epic done.. so I havent completed the new drug yet.

Jesterthegreat
02-10-04, 10:25
I don't know for sure, but I heard that if you want to construct certain things that are only sold by certain factions, then you need a construction license. And supposedly you need a license for EACH ONE. Should this be true, this means that for example, 100 holy heals = needing 100 crahn construction licenses.

I'll say this: My constructor just retired.

this is true afaik... however the licences are extremely cheap from what i have been told

Sorin
02-10-04, 11:50
this is true afaik... however the licences are extremely cheap from what i have been told

Yeah, it's 74nc each (96 base INT, 92 with imps/armor). But you know what I think of when I hear "Construction License"? I think of a permanent license, like a key or a tool. Something that costs some insane amount, like a TL 150 tool. That's a hella of a lot bigger money sink if that's what they were going for.

Although what scares me is that the construction licenses have faction restriction requirements on them. That makes me think that some particular items in the game can only be constructed by a constructor of that particular faction.

Theres a guy near BD HQ i think it is, that can make you a new drug named "IceFlash" if you find the right things for him... I´m still waiting and hoping and trying each day to get the FA epic done.. so I havent completed the new drug yet.

The ingredients you need to get for the drug, do those have to be looted off mobs in the specified locations, or are they in a box/bag/whatever of some kind?

evs
02-10-04, 12:15
Yeah the BD drugs are nice, we were selling them on pandore a few days ago :D

Suprised it took so long for someone to post up

Can noone keep a secret no more? :lol:

Jesterthegreat
02-10-04, 14:51
Yeah, it's 74nc each (96 base INT, 92 with imps/armor). But you know what I think of when I hear "Construction License"? I think of a permanent license, like a key or a tool. Something that costs some insane amount, like a TL 150 tool. That's a hella of a lot bigger money sink if that's what they were going for.

Although what scares me is that the construction licenses have faction restriction requirements on them. That makes me think that some particular items in the game can only be constructed by a constructor of that particular faction.

that is the plan yes... items available to buy or construct for different factions. need 90 crahn symp to buy holy heal or a chran constructor to make them

Dribble Joy
02-10-04, 14:57
Does the BD FSM still sell the normal 10 min drugs? Redflash and stuff?

Jesterthegreat
02-10-04, 15:01
He sells Beast, Nightspider, Blue Fairy, and Red Flash. Other drugs available at Medicare type NPCs.

i assume this means all of those types of drugs

tiikeri
02-10-04, 15:30

Could u give us a bit of hint?

Jesterthegreat
02-10-04, 15:36
Could u give us a bit of hint?

presumably it would tell you on the BP if you need them?

LiL T
02-10-04, 15:37
Does the BD FSM still sell the normal 10 min drugs? Redflash and stuff?

Yes he does sell red flash if you need any you mail littleterror ingame my main who has 90 symp