PDA

View Full Version : 2 Clan Apps to choose from.

Seven
01-10-04, 20:04
One is just a clan app for about 400,000nc, the other choice is a clan app un-furnished that sells for about 800,000nc.

I'm guessing the cheaper one can't be modified in any way and that the other one can?

And does the more expensive one come with anything at all like cabs or is it completely un-furnished?

Richard Slade
01-10-04, 20:06
You SHOULD be able to mod the cheaper ones but they already have the standard stuff which can't be removed

However I THINK the clean ones has cabs, no sure tho, if not, just buy new ones ;)

Brammers
01-10-04, 20:09
The clean ones dont have cabinets.

Mr Kot
01-10-04, 20:23
The clean ones dont have cabinets.

....or anything else, for that matter. I bought a clean clan appt in the Beta and there was a genrep.. and that's it. No cabs, no outfitter, no gogo, no terminals, no annoying tables that u trip over in PvP (yay!!). To furnish it, the first thing u have to place is a gogo, otherwise you'll have a job getting all the furniture there in the first place.

I've got big plans for what used to be the outfitter room.... ceiling mirrors, heated floor and a sunken jacuzzi :D .....all to come in patch 107....(hint hint :p ) But enough of these pleasantries.... I WANT A GODDAM TOILET, DAMN YOU!!!!

But seriously, can somebody explain why an unfurnished appt costs more than a furnished one? Didn't the pre-installed furniture cost something to make? (think RP, here...) And if we are going to add more cabs to the existing ones, i think the furniture shop should at least sell matching cabinets. The japanese design ones are all very pretty and that.. but they appear to be more suited in a home, rather than an office.

Does anyone agree?

awkward silence
01-10-04, 20:29
yeh i havent had a wizz for 2 goddamn years :p O_o :eek: 8| :angel:

Mr Kot
01-10-04, 20:36
Tell me about it!!

Just look what i've had to make do with....

http://www.davesdrivertraining.co.uk/Neocron/Wizz.jpg

no wonder my cleaning lady handed her notice in :wtf:

Xeno LARD
01-10-04, 20:37
I just use Military Base. Never did like it that much. That huge elevator shaft? You can hear it all the way from the top :D.

Never did like the merc's much ¬.¬

awkward silence
01-10-04, 20:43
you gotta be creative just to pee :lol:

Dirus
02-10-04, 00:19
But seriously, can somebody explain why an unfurnished appt costs more than a furnished one? Didn't the pre-installed furniture cost something to make? (think RP, here...)

<rp>

Dear Customer.

We have been getting inquires as to why our new line of decorate it yourself apartments are more expensive then our regularly pre-decorated line of apartments.

The reason for the price difference is two fold.

1) To facilitate the new owners wish to place items such as a Gen Replicator anywhere in their apartment, We must now correctly wire, and put in the necessary hook-ups through the entire apartments instead of the pre-determined location. This adds to the cost of the apartment.

2) Under Article 234234.43 Section 3235.211 Sub Section 1002.3 of Neocron City Laws or Article 8293.2 Section 43.64 Sunsection 43.2 of Dome of York Laws, all apartments must be decorated within the set city defined standards. Those that are not must pay an additional licensing & processing fee. Said fee is included in the purchase price and is the main cause for the increase.

</rp>

nEo-1664
02-10-04, 00:23
<rp>

Dear Customer.

We have been getting inquires as to why our new line of decorate it yourself apartments are more expensive then our regularly pre-decorated line of apartments.

1) To facilitate the new owners wish to place items such as a Gen Replicator anywhere in their apartment, We must now correctly wire, and put in the necessary hook-ups through the entire apartments instead of the pre-determined location. This adds to the cost of the apartment.

2) Under Article 234234.43 Section 3235.211 Sub Section 1002.3 of Neocron City Laws or Article 8293.2 Section 43.64 Sunsection 43.2 of Dome of York Laws, all apartments must be decorated within the set city defined standards. Those that are not must pay an additional licensing & processing fee. Said fee is included in the purchase price and is the main cause for the increase.

</rp>

Lupus, WHO can additems into the app? is it ONLY the clan leaders? or is that another bug? since im currently in a clan, at rank 14(second highest incase anyone doesnt know :P) and I cannot place any of the items. Cheers

Heavyporker
02-10-04, 00:25
ha, ha, ha!

awesome..

I appreciate that touch.

Lupus, you need to sock that post into the Furniture Vendors' chat-list... so when someone ingame whines about the price when they talk to the vendors, bam, up comes that statement.

Teh pwn, honestly.

jernau
02-10-04, 00:25
Nice try Lupus - now admit they got mixed up in the script :p.

Sakletare
02-10-04, 00:28
moneysink

(ok, i edited that a little bit ;) )

Cerbious
02-10-04, 00:34
Lupus, WHO can additems into the app? is it ONLY the clan leaders? or is that another bug? since im currently in a clan, at rank 14(second highest incase anyone doesnt know :P) and I cannot place any of the items. Cheers

So i run a clan and some idiot low ranked member can go round a plant a thosands plants in my shiny clan appt and turn it into a frigging forest.. i dont think so... it makes perfect sense only leaders can place funiture etc in clan appt.

jernau
02-10-04, 00:45
So i run a clan and some idiot low ranked member can go round a plant a thosands plants in my shiny clan appt and turn it into a frigging forest.. i dont think so... it makes perfect sense only leaders can place funiture etc in clan appt.
Well at rank 0 you can empty the cabs out. At rank 9 the cash is all yours. At 10 you can invite random muppets in off the street. At 12 you can screw around with all the ranks.

Being able to leave plants lying around at your expense seems fairly harmless.

Sakletare
02-10-04, 00:58
I hope there will be some way of upgrading your clan apartment key to an unfurnished version without having to create a new clan and move everyone over.

I'd guess that most people will get the cheap key at first and that it's only after a while that they get lots of money and starts thinking about decorating.

jernau
02-10-04, 01:08
I hope there will be some way of upgrading your clan apartment key to an unfurnished version without having to create a new clan and move everyone over.

I'd guess that most people will get the cheap key at first and that it's only after a while that they get lots of money and starts thinking about decorating.
Remove a pointless, annoying timesink?

Ha!!!

nEo-1664
02-10-04, 02:35
Going on from the comments on the ranks, 0 u can empty cabs... 12 screw with ranks etc etc, why, maybe in a future add the ability say from rank 13+ or whatever, to add items to the appartment? im sure it wouldnt be too hard to add in, would it?

Mr Kot
02-10-04, 03:27
LOL @ Lupus, now that's what i call an answer to a question ;)

Just one thing i noticed, though:

To facilitate the new owners wish to place items such as a Gen Replicator anywhere in their apartment

Gen Replicator?? Where are those sold? Last time i looked, the GenRep was the only thing already in a "clean" apartment and only goguardians could be bought :wtf:

And just for the record, what explanation would a Diamond Real Estate broker give for the lack of sanitary facilities? :p

Dirus
02-10-04, 04:29
LOL @ Lupus, now that's what i call an answer to a question ;)

Just one thing i noticed, though:

Gen Replicator?? Where are those sold? Last time i looked, the GenRep was the only thing already in a "clean" apartment and only goguardians could be bought :wtf:

And just for the record, what explanation would a Diamond Real Estate broker give for the lack of sanitary facilities? :p

As for the Gen Replicator.. sorry I ment the Outfitter :p I was messin with an outfitter in an apartment the other day, and someone was talkin to me about genreps prior to me postin that.. got so many things on my mind atm everything blends :p

As for the sanitary facilities..

<rp>

Dear Valued Diamond Real Estate Customer.

We are fully aware of the want for proper sanitary facilities in our customers apartments. However we are unfortunately not able to provide them at this time. While we have a sewer system in the City of Neocron, it is unuseable in its current state the reasons for this are as follows.

1) Due to a serious infestation of insects and mutated animals in the system it's not in a useable state at the present time. Attempts at having this rectified have failed repeatedly due to not being able to find reliable enough runners to handle this issue for us. Reasons we recieve are as such "Hacking away at rats for hours is boring, find someoen else to do it."

2) To further complicate the issues with the city's sewer system, the use of them as a home for the mutant and the city's degenerate has had a serious effect on the system as well. To complicate this matter even further they are constantly stealing items such as metal plates, bits of wire, and metal pipes from the system to use them in their construction of crude weaponry.

These are just a couple of the issues surrounding the systems use.

However we have not totally ignored the issue, and our current system for dealing with the problem that we have arranged with NExT & the CityAdmin is still in place. The current system works in the following way: Every time a runner uses either a Gen Replicator, Venture Warp, or an Apartment Access Lift. The offending biological matter is purged from the runners matter stream and is sent to a central disposal location (The Dome of York currently which is possible due to helpful DoY GenR system hacking by loyal DRE Employees).

We will still try every effort to correct the problems with the system so that the Citizens of Neocron can have working sanitary facilities in their residences. We thank you for your continued patience.

Sincerly:

T.C.
Customer Representative
Diamond Real Estate

</rp>

Seven
02-10-04, 04:40
Open the sewer system, who cares if piss and crap roll over bugs and insects, it would kill them faster than the lazy runners.

As for the mutants, piss and crap on them too and they won't steal anything again. :p

So you see, all the problems you say that are keeping us from having toilets will be solved once you install them. :D

Dirus
02-10-04, 04:42
Problem is they're backing up or stealing the parts that lead from the apartments into the sewer system.. So, it's not reaching the sewers, which is the problem :p

Mr Kot
02-10-04, 22:30
So why is it that when in the sewers, i hear the sounds of toilets flushing?

:wtf:

offending biological matter is purged from the runners matter stream and is sent to a central disposal location (The Dome of York currently which is possible due to helpful DoY GenR system hacking by loyal DRE Employees).

ROFL LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....... now that explains the smell of shit whenever a TG is in the same zone :p

"KEEP NEOCRON TIDY......GO TAKE A SHIT IN THE DOME" :lol:

G.0.D.
02-10-04, 22:37
LUPUS IS TEH ROLE PLAY SEX0rS!!!!111111! :p

(Sorry: Havent harased you on IRC much latly)

SjanTeN^
02-10-04, 22:38
Splendid.

sira
02-10-04, 23:17
So why is it that when in the sewers, i hear the sounds of toilets flushing?

if u hear toilet flushing sound though toilets r not existing
u might want to seek help of a professional.

Doc Silencer at Verizone Arcade B got some spare time
since crahn's followers moved to the dome.

b patient *G*
s.

Heavyporker
02-10-04, 23:22
Actually, the issue of being able to upgrade a standard clan apt to a clean one would become quite important as a clan becomes more established.

I think that having to disband just to buy a new one would make things unnecessarily difficult.

Perhaps the ability to just key in the new clan apt and have all the cabinets from the old clan apt "teleported" over?

Darken
03-10-04, 00:26
Well if you wanne upgrade to the 800k clean one, you gotta delete old clan and remake it with the 800k key =/

Freaky Fryd
03-10-04, 00:39
Now I just need to figure out how to input an apt password for the clan...
:(
Nothing I do makes the password stick...

Seven
03-10-04, 00:58
Try activating the key again.
First time I activated the key it said in the chat box "clan is now created please activate the key again to change..." (don't remember what it said exactly) but I was able to change the clan name and set the password.

bubby
03-10-04, 07:20
You said you were using an outfitter? Well they dont work do they or is it a gm only thing?>

Maester Seymour
03-10-04, 07:24
Now I just need to figure out how to input an apt password for the clan...
:(
Nothing I do makes the password stick...
Use the clankey to change your apt password, that worked for me when i made our clan. ClanAdmin screen in the citycom is a bit fucked :p

Freaky Fryd
03-10-04, 08:47
Weird...when I clicked on it again, I only got the Clan short/long name window...I'll try again though...

Maester Seymour
03-10-04, 08:58
When you use the key there should be some little buttons on it which say "Name / Apartment / Delete" they are at the top above the short/full clan name part. Goto the apartment bit and u can set your apt password there. You should be able to anyway :)

Dirus
04-10-04, 07:34
You said you were using an outfitter? Well they dont work do they or is it a gm only thing?>

Never said I was "using" it.. just that I was "messing" with it :p

I know they don't work. I was more or less just trying to get the thing to place in the direction I wanted.. ;) Why they don't or when they will.. I can't say.

MaGn0lia
04-10-04, 11:32
Object removal tool BAM all problems solved, and you allso take away all the money from your clanmate and leave him to dry.

And lupus you got to be the only one who is messing around with a freaking outfitter, shees, I could think of a MILLION more fun ways to pass my time if I were a GM than playing with outfitters all day long :D

Agent FunHead
04-10-04, 11:52
<rp>

Dear Customer.

</rp>
ROFL

Thats about as believeable as its because the minimalist Style is in this year so it costs more :D

Really what it seems to be is that you have to pay more because you are going to have to spend loads more on furniture :wtf: O_o o_O hmm hold on this to me does not make sense :confused: :confused:

Oh wait could it be that KK hate the rich ?

maver!ck
04-10-04, 13:44
We lucky CMs don't come under neither of this legislation... :D

Drexel
04-10-04, 15:36
5 stars *****, I do declare this the most whimiscal thread of the year. :D

[TgR]KILLER
04-10-04, 16:01
like somebody else said its not that wierd only a clanleader can place apps since its his app.. like only the clanleader can tag the GR as primary app..

Also i gonna mod our clan app in a damn nice way and don't want noobs to place tree's infront of the doors and stuff.. so i'm glad for one that you can't put anything in as a normal member.. and on the fact of the cabinets.. you shouldn't keep stuff worth tons of stuff in the clan cabs anyway.. just low level stuff for people to level and shit not rares. so no problem with that.. and people who can invite others already are generaly trusted anyway ( but still wouldn't like them to mod my app :p :p :p )

Cerbious
04-10-04, 19:02
@ TGR killer well said mate u have saved me typing exactly to a 't' what i was about to say :D