PDA

View Full Version : Brainport: Camera Angles (3rd Person)

Morganth
01-10-04, 19:00
I have noticed that with NC2 the camera angle is slightly lower than in NC1 which means more of the screen is taken up with the player avatar rather than with whatis going on in front of you. In NC1 the camera was kind of behind your head floating in the air so the top of your shoulders were visible, but it was pointing at an angle so you could see in front of you.

Now in NC2 it is behind your head floating in the air on a horizontal plain and not angled downwards, so the player avatar reaches around about 1/3rd of the height of the screen. This reduces the size of the actual viewing area (which is already taken up by the RPOS) and makes playing harder for me at least because I don't get a "heads-up" (bad pun, lol) of what is in front of me as much as I did in NC1.

My suggestion is have a command to allow you to change the angle at which the camera is facing you so you could either have it as it is, or rotate it round higher so it is like how it was in NC1. For example the command might be:

/set ctrl_externalvangle 0

This would leave the camera where it is, but by increasing the size of the vangle (vertical angle) you can change the tilt and therefore see less player and more environment.

Any comments/suggestions welcome.

Mumblyfish
01-10-04, 19:04
Third person is an omg zomg 'sploit anyway. I like the idea of reducing third person's view.

Morpheous
01-10-04, 19:12
With 3rd person view in NC1, my APU using a non-holy energy halo could kill Copbots without taking any damage.

With NC2, not so much.

Ascension
01-10-04, 20:16
all that pisses me off is the fact my hand is no longer raised when casting. its kinda glued to my side :rolleyes:

Xeno LARD
01-10-04, 20:35
all that pisses me off is the fact my hand is no longer raised when casting. its kinda glued to my side :rolleyes:

Hmm, sound's like wanker's cramp to me. No offence ofcourse.