PDA

View Full Version : @ Holgar re: Launch Statement

El_MUERkO
01-10-04, 17:21
Another thing we would have liked to have ready at release is the item tracking. In the past, the lack of means to check the whereabouts of items in the game prevented us from offering replacements for lost items. Therefore the item tracking system was planned to be part of Neocron 2 on launch. Unfortunately we had to discover that the system is not working correctly yet. We will have to take some more time to perfect the system.

You know you could of lied to us and said it was up and running, now you're going to have every dishonest Neocron player (and there were allot of them) trying to find exploits.

How long before I can expect to see people spending 20 million on a low stat weapon because money is meaningless to them.

If you had of lied then they would of had to way up the risk of being caught againist the potential gain :|

SynC_187
01-10-04, 17:24
Yet if they lied people would rightly expect them to track stolen/lost items and replace them, which they can't do.

Shinto
01-10-04, 17:26
they could of lied but they proberbly would of been found out when people report probs and they make a mistake in returning a item or whatever, then everyone would be OMFG KK LIED TO US AGAIN!!!!!oneoneone

J. Folsom
01-10-04, 17:27
Have to agree with Sync here. This might cause problems with exploiters, but it does at least save people from quitting because KK lied to them (again?).

DigestiveBiscui
01-10-04, 18:36
Have to agree with Sync here. This might cause problems with exploiters, but it does at least save people from quitting because KK lied to them (again?).

either that, or they just dont tell us when it's in, wait a while, notice the explioters - then hit them with a mass banning :p

El_MUERkO
01-10-04, 18:38
either that, or they just dont tell us when it's in, wait a while, notice the explioters - then hit them with a mass banning :p

OOooooo I like that!! I like that allot :angel:

DigestiveBiscui
01-10-04, 18:38
OOooooo I like that!! I like that allot :angel:

yup, easier that way :p

anyway - u back now? :o

naimex
01-10-04, 18:49
his name is Holger

Seven
01-10-04, 19:23
Another thing we would have liked to have ready at release is the item tracking. In the past, the lack of means to check the whereabouts of items in the game prevented us from offering replacements for lost items. Therefore the item tracking system was planned to be part of Neocron 2 on launch. Unfortunately we had to discover that the system is not working correctly yet. We will have to take some more time to perfect the system.

Umm, wasn't the reason for wiping out 95% of our items because of the new tracking system being in on day one? :confused:

Spermy
01-10-04, 19:28
his name is Holger

No. His name is robert paulson.

His name is robert paulson

His name is robert paulson.

Etc.

(Name that film!)

Celt
01-10-04, 19:31
Umm, wasn't the reason for wiping out 95% of our items because of the new tracking system being in on day one? :confused:Something like that.

Another broken promise? You betcha :D

plague
01-10-04, 19:31
No. His name is robert paulson.

His name is robert paulson

His name is robert paulson.

Etc.

(Name that film!)

lol.....in death a member of project mayhem has a name......that name is robert polson....hes name is robert polson....

Mr Kot
01-10-04, 20:52
Please welcome the new players that are arriving and help them become part of the community. Doing so would make me really happy.

Is this a veiled way of announcing a new "unwritten" rule: "NO REPEATEDLY GANKING NOOBS RETURNING FOR THEIR BELTS BY CAPPED CHARACTERS THEY HAVE NO CHANCE AGAINST" ???

Think about it though, PKing is one thing... Griefing is another.

athon
01-10-04, 20:54
More signs that KK are suckers for the release on deadline or never culture that kills good games.

KK: The vast majority of the community will not care if you release late if you give them a first rate product!!!

Athon Solo

Seven
01-10-04, 20:56
If we make him "really happy" do we get better service?
How about making us really happy.. :D