PDA

View Full Version : [CbT] Hacknet again! Problems getting in to HN

nEo-1664
01-10-04, 15:09
KK, This could be yet another god-dam bug!

My tank has 21 hack points, he has a hacktool, a tl30(requires 20HCK to use)
I can pull out my hack tool, only problem is, I cannot hack a GR. I cannot access Hacknet. Why? is this something tanks just CANT do? Everytime I try to access a GR with my hacktool, I receive the message: This item is currently in use.

Thats it :)

Xeno LARD
01-10-04, 16:31
I think I read somewhere that you need (is it 50?) hack to get into hacknet.

I could be wrong though. What a useless post :S

nEo-1664
01-10-04, 16:39
I think I read somewhere that you need (is it 50?) hack to get into hacknet.

I could be wrong though. What a useless post :S

lol. well my nib character, currently a 0/8. has 20 hack, is a PE, but can get in easily. i went out to race track this morning. but my tank... no lol :(

athon
01-10-04, 21:59
You're not trying to use the newbie MC5 GR are you?

Athon Solo

Obsidian X
01-10-04, 23:45
I'm having the same problem. I got 50 hack on my tank, trying to access the P1 GR. Maybe they don't let tanks in now...? I know I could get in during Beta...

Clive tombstone
01-10-04, 23:47
hehe Hacknet is racist, It hates tanks lol

nEo-1664
02-10-04, 00:20
GM's? KK, could I please have a word about this one? I could get into hacknet with my tank in beta, why not retail? I know tanks are generally the ones who run the fastest, but thats not the point. WHY CAN TANK NOT ACCESS GR's INTO HACKNET?

Oath
02-10-04, 00:22
As far as i know tanks can not enter hacknet, i remember it being in some patchnotes....

However since the beta forum is gone, i can't confirm it.

nEo-1664
02-10-04, 00:25
As far as i know tanks can not enter hacknet, i remember it being in some patchnotes....

However since the beta forum is gone, i can't confirm it.

Well, thats better than nothing for the moment. But would still like the official word from KK or GM's please :)

Ryman
02-10-04, 00:39
i dont know much about HN but i saw some hacknet software in viarossa 3 HEWS and the lowest required intelligence 30 .......that might have something to do with it , my melee tank has 75 hack and i cant access HN

nEo-1664
02-10-04, 02:40
hmmmmmm, was about to say ill drug up with my tank, but my 0/8 pistol PE has int 11 hack 20 or 30 and can get in :/ as a 0/2 i got into hacknet and went straight to desert race track :D so drugging up might not help me :(

Lupus? Odin? AAAAAAAAAAAANYONE? please give me an official answer :)

sira
03-10-04, 11:21
..., my melee tank has 75 hack and i cant access HN

same here... is it going to stay like that?

Yelly
03-10-04, 11:25
Think I saw somewhere on the forum that tanks cannot get into HN at all.
Not sure why but maybe they want it that way :/

Spy XX
03-10-04, 12:02
a tanks brain can't handle the virtual reality of hacknet, what you see in hacknet is not real, it's just a trick your brain is playing to keep you from getting insane in hacknet :p

A tank in hacknet would either see nothing except black walls or become insane ;)

nEo-1664
03-10-04, 12:05
a tanks brain can't handle the virtual reality of hacknet, what you see in hacknet is not real, it's just a trick your brain is playing to keep you from getting insane in hacknet :p

A tank in hacknet would either see nothing except black walls or become insane
;)

so what happens when im already insane? :D anyway, I've still not had word back from anyone official, is it really that difficult?

Nidhogg
03-10-04, 13:59
There is a class restriction preventing Tanks from entering HackNet. Their engineered minds just aren't wired that way. Sorry.

N

nEo-1664
03-10-04, 15:36
There is a class restriction preventing Tanks from entering HackNet. Their engineered minds just aren't wired that way. Sorry.

N

Where is that mentioned btw? or is it hidden away somewhere? I know that the lowest hack software is INT 30 or something, but a tank could drug lol, and there is not restriction named on the software :( im dissappointed in that to be honest.

Ah well, guess ill just have to leg it around more often tag all the god dam GR's again!

nEo-1664
03-10-04, 15:40
Oh btw Nid, you can close this now. I'll continue it in PM if I choose. Thanks

Spy XX
03-10-04, 15:55
Well imho hacknet should be restricted to spys & pe's only. Think about it if everyone could use hacknet you could make clans where everyone has 20 hack (or gets a spy boost 3) then everyone can move through hacknet to the op you want to hack without si ....

With only pe's and spys being able to use hacknet this would not be a problem, with monks this still may happen.

Nidhogg
03-10-04, 15:56
Closed by threadstarter.

N