PDA

View Full Version : Cant get both accts to run ...pls help!!

Whispers
01-10-04, 13:45
Okay i have 2 nc2 accts and want to run both on my machine at the same time...this could be done with beta, and you can alt - tab btwn the 2 accts.

But when I try to do this now I get a msg WORLDCLIENT: join proxy server failed....

I have changed the local port for one of the installs (2 copies of game installed) and left the local port as default on the other game.

Now I can log in woith either acct np but no matter which one I log in with first, the second login gets that msg

any ideas?

has anyone sucessfeully run 2 accts on one machine in the new release??

Thanks

Marshall1
01-10-04, 13:48
whispers your back nice to see you i take it your the same guy lol

Shinto
01-10-04, 14:08
hmm ive not tried it yet, might give it ago tonight see if i can get it working

nEo-1664
01-10-04, 14:28
Dualing on the same PC does work. But here is some facts.....

FPS: Seems normal-low, until you encounter other players etc,(more textures to load for example)
Ping: For me at least, it spiked a lot more, although I'm sure dualing on the same PC cannot cause this
Free Memory: HOLY SHITE! Plumets(sp?) down to about 2-3-4Mb, by the time I had Alt+F4'd out, it had go back upto around 30Mb
Sync Times: Your'll be lucky IF you sync in
On the other client(the first loaded one), Alt-Tab'ing back to it, your likely to C++ Runtime Error crash out, and then AGAIN when you go back to the second loaded client.

My machine spec....

Asus K8V SE Deluxe MB
AMD-64 3400MHz
9800XT Pro 256Mb
1Gb Corsair RAM
Audigy 2 ZS
200Gb Seagate Barracuda HDD

[EDIT] Just remembered, I also noticed A LOT of text missing from places like the citycoms, login screen, server names+load, character details except player name.

[EDIT#2] You do realise you DO have to change both ports? or at least activate them both. default port is 21111(inactive). activate this one, and the other, then change the second localport but not too close to this one :) ie: I personally use/used 01337 and 13370. 2 completely different ports. and logged in successfully first time.

Whispers
01-10-04, 16:01
Hey Marshall wassup?
Of course it's me
What other "Whispers" is registered on forum since aug 2001?
:)
Look me up in the terra server
Brujo Khan and WHISPERS and Whisperz

nEo --- thx for the help
not sure what you mean about "inactive" port
you mean open them up on my machine or just in the neocron files?

the only place i found "port" listed was in the config file in main Neocron folder
and the port listed in both ciopies of the game that I have installed was 20999

there is another file inside ini file called net and I was wondering if I should put command line in that net file:
LOCALPORT = "20999" or what ever number I change port to

I do understand correctly that one copy of game can use default ports and you only need to change ports on the 2nd game files

I know that it wont run well i just want to be able to poke mainly
(Ihave spent almost the past 24 hours ingame looking for a tl80 poke,w because Im BD I cant go to plaza 1 or 2 to get poked)

So to have another acct is almost a necessity for any DOY player.
Aty least if you are tank

Thanks for responding

nEo-1664
01-10-04, 16:51
What I meant by 'inactive' port, was within the launcher, click Configuration, and then on BOTH the neocrons, you have to tick the box. change the ports so they are very different. ie: 01337 and 13370. AFAIK, from NC1, you couldnt run one NC1 on default port, and the other on a custom port. either way, changing both of them worked for me. If you are running a firewall ANYWHERE on connection, then make sure you have both UDP and TCP ports open for which ever you choose. ie: have a total of 4 ports open. UDP+TCP for 13370, and UDP+TCP for 01337.

I hope this helps. :)

Whispers
02-10-04, 22:46
WTG mate...I got it now

Sorry i was so slow just didnt "notice" that config tab on the launcher and I was messing with the files instead...

I hope I didn't screw them up