PDA

View Full Version : Can i pay with Visa electron???

awkward silence
01-10-04, 11:06
Someone said that he was able to pay with visa electron....HOW?? I saw no option for that from the launcher thing.

I posted at the other thread but got no answer.
I also dmd a load of ppl but no answers yet.

Someone tell me so i can get ingame.

DARK_Overfiend
01-10-04, 11:08
visa electron shud work if u set it to Visa on the cards sub menu i used to use myne for NC1

but now for NC2 i use my mastercard

tiikeri
01-10-04, 11:09
Depends on ur bank.. mine Electron from Nordea didn't work with nc1.. so gotta use Master

awkward silence
01-10-04, 11:25
yeah i have nordea aswell...if my visa elec wont work i just wont get a CC.
I used wire for NC1. Its so stupid you cant use that for nc2.

DARK_Overfiend
01-10-04, 11:37
but i switched banks now i have mastercard so theres no problem for the visa electron thing for me

Crunchy
01-10-04, 11:43
Bah, its so damn stupid that some Visa Electron cards work and others dont. I always tought Visa Electron was a standardised payment method just like all other debit cards.
Gotta phone my nordea office and ask why it doesnt work...

-C

awkward silence
01-10-04, 11:54
Crunchy did you not get ur visa elec to work? Did anyone who uses Nordea?
I didnt get it to work at nc1 so im not on high hopes.

CCs are easy to scam and get scammed...i worked trackin that shit for a while.
It was horrible.

So if i wont get a wire or DC option i just wont pay...

nEo-1664
01-10-04, 12:19
I used my Visa Electron to pay, im from UK, worked fine no worries. :) Just select 'Visa' from the CC list

HedgeHog
01-10-04, 13:30
I have tried to explain this in few posts before.
Nordea Visa electron will not work if they payment provider does not use Verified by Visa.
That's a payment validating system where you get to insert your "security codes" which you use in normal payments in Nordea Solo bank.
I really don't know if this is the problem in other countrys than Finland but
I really think Nordea has the "same rules" for Visa Electron everywhere.

This issue was with worldpay/NC1 too even worldpay saying they used verified by visa, but they had no agreeement with Nordea at that time.

This is the explanation which I got from 3 calls to Nordea about my VE payments.

To other than Nordea VE users. It could be that you have not enabled internet payments for your VE card which can be changed in most of "web bank interfaces"

-VE which wont ever work-

Crunchy
01-10-04, 14:50
Thanks HedgeHog, that explains things. I actually got the same explanation from my nordea office aswell a few minutes ago. Not that im happy with it.

Hm, Hedge do you know if VE cards from other Finnish banks work?

Without a working VE card or Wire transfer i wont be able to play :(

Getting a real Visa is out of question. Hard to get here in Finland as a student.

-C

Dribble Joy
01-10-04, 14:54
As I think I said in my PM, I used a visa debit card, NOT a visa electron debit card.

In theory, direct debit to the UK isn't activated yet, but mine seems to work, perhaps because my bank has managed to get credit card 'status' on the debit cards they give out with thier accounts.

QuantumDelta
01-10-04, 15:12
As I think I said in my PM, I used a visa debit card, NOT a visa electron debit card.

In theory, direct debit to the UK isn't activated yet, but mine seems to work, perhaps because my bank has managed to get credit card 'status' on the debit cards they give out with thier accounts.
As far as I'm aware, the difference between a DC Visa and a CC Visa is simply;
Overdraft.

Nothing else, they count as a 'CC' to most retail companies around the world.

Whether that's a UK thing or not I don't know, but, meh.

ZyproN
01-10-04, 15:13
I payed and my bro with VISA ELECTRON, Nordea.

Dribble Joy
01-10-04, 16:03
As far as I'm aware, the difference between a DC Visa and a CC Visa is simply;
Overdraft.
And the fact that it comes out of my bank account and not my credit for that month which I then have to pay off with money from the bank. :p

HedgeHog
01-10-04, 16:10
@Zypron: was there a Verified by visa thing in the payment procedure?

VE from Sampo bank(finland) worked with NC1/worldpay so it should work with NC2 too.

-This could be more annoying than it is now-

QuantumDelta
01-10-04, 16:11
@Zypron: was there a Verified by visa thing in the payment procedure?

VE from Sampo bank(finland) worked with NC1/worldpay so it should work with NC2 too.

-This could be more annoying than it is now-
You're kidding about that second and third sentence, right?

Legoias
01-10-04, 16:16
Theres been a problem with my VISA delta ... oh well will get my mum to stick it on her cc >8]

QuantumDelta
01-10-04, 16:17
Theres been a problem with my VISA delta ... oh well will get my mum to stick it on her cc >8]
Who'd you bank with because llyods VDs work fine...

--
You can register with the normal click2pay.com and just have a callback done, that'll ease a LOT of the problems with their shitty neocron2 applet...

HedgeHog
01-10-04, 16:17
I said should in the second (It does not meant it will work)
And the third was just positive thinking.

Nordea not calling me and saying that there was and transaction(s) from your account to clict2pay the sum was 19.95 and it was taken 250 times from your account -> so now you're completely broke.

It could be more annoying

Legoias
01-10-04, 16:20
its a smile card

edit - they never talked to me but i just got a 'voice yadaa yadaa' email O.o

HedgeHog
01-10-04, 16:50
Hmm I just called Nordea and they said the same thing they always do.
It wont work without the Verified by visa.

And I asked if there could be differences between diff. countries.
Their answer was: There could be but there should not be, I don't really know, but it should be a standard, but I really can't say.