PDA

View Full Version : The one thing stopping me coming back?

Spermy
01-10-04, 10:25
Okay - the one thing stopping me from playing NC2. Click 2 Pay? Nah - cos I have a credit card to tide me over anyhow, till debits are inclusive.

Okay - How about the memory leaks? - Nope not an issue - hardly ever slowed up in DoY, and I don't intend to visit NC city any time soon.

It's the community.

Well, not all of you, but quite a lot of the playerbase. I have faith in KK (Still... think I need an operation to remove it or summat...), but not you lot -

I mean come on. Name stealing? Childish and vindictive - ONOES HE R DISAAAARGREEE! I R STEALZOR HIS NAEEEMS! Whats the point? Ruining someones character lines just because he happenned to disagree in a forum debate? It's a bit silly don't ya think?

Then there's the "uber" I'll stabzor joo in da backzor brigade. The most 2 faced bunch of people I've ever met, who'll sort you out and help you a little, and then fuck you over entirely.

Well, To be honest - I could write something for everyone on the forums and then some - some people are wicked - some are asshats, but until I get an idea of what the behaviour is like ingame - and until this childish name stealing behaviour stops, why bother?

Shinto
01-10-04, 12:21
the name stealing is "proberbly" limited to a few people.

cant really comment on the uber stab you in the back crew, since not been stabbed in the back

SilentEye
01-10-04, 12:24
There is only one way to comprehense with that, be more on your own, depend less on others.

Interact less with strangers, and always watch your back.

SilKK
01-10-04, 13:00
*GETS KNIFE*

creeps up on ezza

hahahah

MaGn0lia
01-10-04, 13:36
The rule one in online communities, everyone is an asshole till you get to know him and form a "relationship" with him.

Like come on, I tought alot of you guys were just monkeys in suits based what you are and write in forums, but I have met some of you ingame and I had my head turned so many times the I feel I'm like an owl.

And for the namestealing.. if you post your charater name to your sig or yell it after every rant post, some cuntweed who has a severe dad issues is going to steal your char name. Simple simon is that.

So in order to prevent that we should keep our forum selfs and game selfs apart and we don't have a problem. Like me, I'm a foulmouth asshat in forums, but very nice tho annoying (annoyance is not real harm) person in NC, and very few know who I am and those who know, I can trust.

Spermy
01-10-04, 13:48
This is going from a year and a half in game - and about 4 months on the forums.

Yelly
01-10-04, 13:52
Well taking a name someone is using is not good BUT
How du you know someone else did not have same name on other server ?
Only way to say ppl stole your name is to have one char on all servers with same name.Then I would say someone stole it but if you do not have that the other person can say you stole his name as well if you beat him to it to put up a char with the name

GIJ0e
01-10-04, 14:20
well

a) someone may have had the name already and just beat you to it (unlikely)

b) some nib or someone with a nib character is trying to peacefully level a tradeskiller they are making, LE is out so he can be in their clan, you (not specifically you, just you in general) gank him repeatedly, he has no comeback, he likes to play the game with a small group of friends, none of whom really pvp. you annoy them a great deal and spoil their NC playing. with the name thing, maybe they just saw an opportunity to hand back a bit of the sheer frustration and irritation you gave them? i am NOT condoning it, but i dont think most peeps would steal anyones name for no reason.

and no i havent stolen anyones name, as has been said that would be childish and out of order.

Shinto
01-10-04, 14:28
Well taking a name someone is using is not good BUT
How du you know someone else did not have same name on other server ?
Only way to say ppl stole your name is to have one char on all servers with same name.Then I would say someone stole it but if you do not have that the other person can say you stole his name as well if you beat him to it to put up a char with the name
ya you know i had a char on pluto, i later found out that someone on saturn had same name, even thou i play saturn most time i didnt realise this until after i made the char.

would that of been a problem i had of chose to register the name?

due to me being conciderate i decided to change the name :)

Spermy
01-10-04, 14:40
Hrrmm.. Really shouldn't have used that as an example. But is one of the things I don't like about the community - I don't really think arguing over a disagreement is childish, but when it gets to the whole 12 yr old statements of KTHXBYE :D then I fear for the maturity of some peeps.

Theres a lot of slating going on - and regardless of whether you act differently - No actually If you do ac differently ingame - It's a bot 2 faced would you not agree? If you can be an okay fella ingame - then please for the love of all things soft and furry ( 8| ) Do it here...

Theres a fair few people ingame - who act like decent people on teh forums too.

You peeps know who you are - and I'm not praising em - cos they're my ingame buddies or whatever - it's cos they actually act thier freakin age!

The single biggest put off is the people who piss and moan (Okay guilty at the moment!), If you whine here - imagine what it's like when I kill you, I've had non stop abuse in game before because i've said stuff in the forums, it's not fun.

Can you see where I'm coming from? If I wanted to play the game - I'd wanna be heard on the forums to. Now as people have said they're two entirely different places, but why should I take abuse in game - when I'm just chilling with mates, for something i said out of game? Double standards.

If i want to play the game - I'd like to have alot less grief from the community - because both the game world and the community are very important aspects of NC for meh.

So there. :)

Shinto
01-10-04, 14:43
bleh stop whining and just play the game damn you :p

Spermy
01-10-04, 14:47
Bleh yourself :D

Might log on for a bit - But I'm not going to use my CC to pay the charges. I'm gonna wait for debit as an option ( In the yookay, so DD still isn't working. grr etc...)

[D]est
01-10-04, 15:11
alot of BS you writen there.

I only agree with the facts about click2pay and the memory leaks...
But community?? :lol:

Spermy
01-10-04, 18:20
I stand by my statement!

*Waits for community peeps to break his legs*

I've had a bit of a rough time ingame due to my posts on the forums, fair play, nuke me for pissing you off - but I don't like the constant abuse I am recieving - If it carries on then I'm leaving for good - as it stands - I'm d/ling the client now - to make good on the items I promised people. I have to pay a month for that, I'm hoping NC2 is a clean slate and all parties involved will drop the evil shenanigans.

Herbitt
01-10-04, 19:09
Someone has stole my name, and im gonna find it real hard to believe they thought it up for their character, seeing as when i first started, i made up a random name and this is what i ended up with. It's not even a real word, so some childish bastard has stolen it.

GIJ0e
01-10-04, 19:56
this is why my forum name bears no resemblance to any of my character names :)

Ascension
01-10-04, 20:12
Spermy could ya write something about me? I try not to contradict people and always look to sharing views before shoving mine in the threads..

Hope peeps dont see me as an Asshat thats all :)

Spermy
01-10-04, 21:05
Okies - a disclaimer

Ascention Is not an asshat, he is likely to never be one - although he smells slighlty funny, and often can be found in the company of a drom, he's ok.

Look, the bottom line is that the community needs to sort itself, theres a lot of 2 facedness around here, and a lot of immaturity.

Shinto
01-10-04, 22:49
i only enter asshat mode when people say stuff idont like :D

Ascension
01-10-04, 22:56
i only enter asshat mode when people say stuff idont like :D

That aint ass-hattish.. simply cos ya diffending your opinion ;)

Spermy
01-10-04, 23:16
I agree - it's when people get overly Irate that bugs me.

jiga
02-10-04, 00:17
Yeah there are some real wankers out there. Today I was AFK and someone decided to kill me. I looked back over chat and found out that the guy who killed me had tried to talk to me while I was AFK but had then killed me when he realised that I was AFK. Why are people so obsessed with just killing people? If they could they would probably just type in a command to kill you if they could. The whole point of PvP is so that you can get a good fair fight and you can win knowing that you had a good fight and that your opponent had no disadvantages