PDA

View Full Version : Whats more important fixing bugs or adding content?

SynC_187
01-10-04, 10:16
I don't know how many other people are experiencing this, but NC2 is a lot slower than NC1. I'm not talking about framerare (usually 100 - 130), I'm talking about how fast you move when running etc.

Its almost like slowmo. When it comes to PvP aiming is way too easy because everyone is moving so slowly, there is no skill required, biggest gun and best resist setup wins.

Then theres the memory leak. I watch the amount of free memory slowly tick down like a countdown. When it gets too near 0 my PC is gonna freeze up.

If I hadn't played NC1, I probably wouldn't carry on playing NC because of these problems.

New features are all well and good, but if we want new blood in the game, all the features are new to them, if a few are missing they have plenty to keep them busy for the time being.

Edit: If you agree add your bugs below.

SynC_187
01-10-04, 14:29
53 views and only 15 votes. A bit of a dissapointment. Even if people were voting for features, at least it would show they cared.

Asurmen Spec Op
01-10-04, 14:31
I just have to say content becuase well I must be lucky cuz bugs rarely(once a week tops nc1 and 2beta) but thats just because I'm lucky

Dribble Joy
01-10-04, 14:40
Loaded question.

JustIn_Case
01-10-04, 14:44
I didnt wote because we need a mix of both.

Some critical buggs must be fixed like Epics and Stealth.
Some critical content must be implemented like Player Run Vendors.

FSM without Player Run Vendors is not an good thing.

nEo-1664
01-10-04, 14:51
personally, they 'shouldn't' have to much bug fixing, but since for the last 2years all they have done is really create more, then how about now spend some time fixing 2/3 year old bugs.

@Sync_187: I must agree, Neocron 2 does appear to be a LOT slower than NC1. KK/GMs? any reason behind it? or is it my imagination?

SynC_187
01-10-04, 15:21
Loaded question.

Really? I'm just asking whats most important to you.

If you aren't experiencing many bugs then you'll probably vote for content.

Just after general concensus.

QuantumDelta
01-10-04, 15:27
Content will keep people interested in the game longer.

Bugs detract from the gaming experience.
So a mix is always better, if you accept that, adding new content = adding more bugs, then you will know that a mix, with a leaning priority towards content, hense the logical answer.

Bugs fixes _CAN_ be notoriously hard to lock down, but if bugs are given fix priorities, as most gaming companies do, and, then new content is given priorities, but primarily generated by different people (as KK are working now), it should work fine.
The only catch is, the people doing the bug fixing will normally be the people implimented the generated content.

So even though you can easily work on both at the same time, there has to be an order.

If, like I said, Content is given the priority, that content can then be analysed and fixed.

That's what the test server is for.

Synchs and the like are "bugs" that are due to networking, and, although KK can lower the amount of them, there's probably no way they'll ever fix them totally.

Hmm.... should be enough to show where I stand :p

KRIMINAL99
01-10-04, 15:38
Did you try turning your mouse sensitivity back up? When I played my high level character in NC2 beta he was zooming around just as fast as before ...

SynC_187
01-10-04, 15:38
Content will keep people interested in the game longer.

Bugs detract from the gaming experience.
So a mix is always better, if you accept that, adding new content = adding more bugs, then you will know that a mix, with a leaning priority towards content, hense the logical answer.

Bugs fixes _CAN_ be notoriously hard to lock down, but if bugs are given fix priorities, as most gaming companies do, and, then new content is given priorities, but primarily generated by different people (as KK are working now), it should work fine.
The only catch is, the people doing the bug fixing will normally be the people implimented the generated content.

So even though you can easily work on both at the same time, there has to be an order.

If, like I said, Content is given the priority, that content can then be analysed and fixed.

That's what the test server is for.

Synchs and the like are "bugs" that are due to networking, and, although KK can lower the amount of them, there's probably no way they'll ever fix them totally.

Hmm.... should be enough to show where I stand :p

I agree with a lot of that, but only when you have cleared all major bugs. Then you can be thorough enough not to introduce more.

QuantumDelta
01-10-04, 15:43
I agree with a lot of that, but only when you have cleared all major bugs. Then you can be thorough enough not to introduce more.
So your post should actually have been:

"What do you regard as major bugs in NC2?"

And "How would you prioritise these bugs?"

Oath
01-10-04, 15:49
More conent = more bugs.
Less content = less players.
more bugs = less players.

So basically your fucked either way, but something is going to suffer in favour of one one the other.

Spoon
01-10-04, 16:55
Fix the bugs first, of course.....

Radamez
01-10-04, 17:06
IMO all resources need to be thrown into bug fixing.

bounty
01-10-04, 17:08
How about just an easier way of paying for the game and getting into the game? :lol:

SynC_187
01-10-04, 17:13
How about just an easier of way of paying for the game and getting into the game? :lol:

lol, Thats a whole new poll, but I'm sure that one would be on fire :)

[D]est
01-10-04, 21:04
This game shouldn't have bugs! So new content should it be exaly! O_o