PDA

View Full Version : Epic Problems

Farril
30-09-04, 22:13
Epic Problems

Even with a big amount of work for the Epic Runs, some new bugs got in / were not been fixed in time.

To change that as fast as possible, im writing this Thread to collect all information for all Epic at once. This way i hope to prevent fixes for one epic that influenzes another epic in any not wanted way. (i.e. when moving NPCs)

- Next Epic Mission 6 (final mission) cant be accepted
- Diamond Mission 2 the same
- CityAdmin Mission 4 - Kev Critter doesnt do in Minion Teeth
- The Box in Sherman Bay is not found
- PvP task (crahn) may result in -SL / - Symp

- NPCs are not where they supposed to be from the dialogs. (Who? Where?)

If you have more problems, have more infos on these Problems, please post within this thread. I will do my very best to get the fixes done as soon as possible.

craio
30-09-04, 23:20
Next Epic
-Isnt the next epic outdated now that Protopharm and Next dropped their hostility?

->First mission
-Text says speak to director in HQ when he actually is in Chez Sypher which is in the same zone.

-Tourben mission
->They say that the CM (forgot his name)is located in the hq in pepperpark while he is in the Black Ribbon bar of MB.

-Mission in which you need to retrieve the stolen Reveler keys:
->Text says go to max, that doesnt work , you need to go to a certain guy named Faust in a totally different zone,think its Outzone 3(the one reachable from industrial 2).
->You need to go speak to somebody in Pussy Club, the club is closed down.

Sakletare
30-09-04, 23:28
Minor "bug" in Crahn epic:
When talking to the registrar in Crahn HQ you sometimes call her "sister", sometimes "father".

Xadhoom
30-09-04, 23:53
/edit: already reported

Tabhita Pattern
01-10-04, 00:05
Diamond Epic:
The second mission is bugged. After talking to the NPC the mission doesn't appear in the "Mission Window" (F8) and is therefore not accomplishable.

Tabhita Pattern

james_finn
01-10-04, 00:08
Black Dragon Epic:

Last mission -> Cant find any Fallen Angels Employee's to kill that arent in a safe zone!

athon
01-10-04, 00:15
Black Dragon Epic:

Last mission -> Cant find any Fallen Angels Employee's to kill that arent in a safe zone!
When it asks you to kill FA, it means players, not NPCs. AFAIK NPCs have never worked for Epic kills.

Athon Solo

james_finn
01-10-04, 00:24
no it distinctly says FA Employee's

Ive already killed 2 TS runners

Dribble Joy
01-10-04, 00:29
When killing frederick for the second CM mission, the CM npcs see this as an attack and start shooting.

Same with the other two.

Vampire222
01-10-04, 00:45
in the FA hq zone theres a shop near lots of npc's, the pe inside it is killable for that epic part, and the one outside the shop....

But where do i get the drugs from as epic reward?

james_finn
01-10-04, 02:09
same here, BD epic completed -> but no Drugs or no NPC to give them to me, come on KK pls fix this!

Delphi

R3C0!L
01-10-04, 02:30
completed BD epic... meh needs drugs as im a junkie PE :(

Shame
01-10-04, 03:54
sat at point red for lets see 7 to 10 hours and latecus spawned once
i mean my mission failed and i had to go restart it again

is latecus the psi spider random spawn or is this how the crahn epic is?>

Arrakis
01-10-04, 04:18
On the first CM mission you are supposed to deliver some medicine to 3 npcs in CM HQ, but they are not there.

:/

GambitFlame
01-10-04, 09:44
Next Epic
-Isnt the next epic outdated now that Protopharm and Next dropped their hostility?

I believe that there was a small back story i read somewhere that even though the companys (NEXT - PP | Tangent - Biotech) had dropped their visable hostility there was still underground resistance to the cease fire, that enabled the faction killing when under the direct orders of the faction (epic run).

Farril
01-10-04, 11:48
The Problems noted 'till here (and in the german thread till now), are now in my priority to fix. I hope to present you the results as soon as possible.

Farril

Oath
01-10-04, 12:04
Mazzaro in tangeant HQ does not spawn.
Max Delavare does not spawn.
TT head of ops does not spawn.
Biotech head of ops spawns in VR 1 not 3.
Heff is bugged will pm that.
Psi Spider Lacuits (sp) does not spawn.

Thats all so far :p

craio
01-10-04, 13:10
Max Delavare does not spawn.

I think he does spawn but its on top of the building in the zone(outzone 5 right?), but i havent found a ladder to get to him.

Edit:
The npc(Karsten) thats inside pussy club is now outside the rear entrance, he is however not hostile to next which made me lose sl + symp with all the faction i'm either neutral or allied.

Alienfreak
01-10-04, 17:27
I was at the 4th mission which was buggy.

I can now only accept the 1st mission ... and it offers this one over and over.

Even if you finish it. He only offers the 1st one.

That suxx.

S a W
01-10-04, 20:52
Can i get a gm to help my spy please, the Biotech epic mission where you have to kill the tangent guy in the restuarant.. i killed him twice to see if he was bugged the first time and I have now lost my positive 55 SL, im now negitive 19SL

on the 4 slot international server
character - metro steel

ta.

Wallen
01-10-04, 23:33
FA Epic: Mission 1-It keeps making me do the first mission over and over, never moving to number 2...

Psyborg
01-10-04, 23:54
I tried to do the chran epic on my monk Psyborg and was able to complete the first mission but when I went back to the registrar she gave me the first mission again...so just in case I did it agian and yet she STILL gave me the first mission.....will a GM plz help me with this so I can complete the epic?

Psyborg
01-10-04, 23:55
yea me to wallen :(

Birkoff
02-10-04, 00:07
I completed the TG epic to Make FAnG but when i spoke to the Ceres peopel in th temple they said i need to do a epic, whe n i zoned out of the temple i lsot the E.

I can now only do the first epic over and over.

Wallen
02-10-04, 02:16
yea me to wallen :(

I got it to fix by going into the Missions tab and clicking Abort a bunch of times til i had no mission, then it would let me go to the next one.

BlackDove
02-10-04, 03:50
FALLEN ANGELS EPIC:

Wohooooooooooooo

Sherman's Bay works.

I got the datacube out of the box.

I went to constantine to give him the data cube.

"We will take care of grim - NEXT MISSION LEVEL 40"

*goes to personell director*

"Here's your datacube runner, deliver this to grimm please, it's easy".

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?

I am NOT doing all of the Pepper Park 3 and Figaro thing again, I am NOT going to OZ5 again.

Fix my damn character to get the next mission.

WHAT THE HELL?

(You have no idea how hard it is to keep the profanity away from this post)

Server: Terra
Character: Saitoh Hajime - FA APU

Konrad McKenzie
02-10-04, 04:11
for the crahn epic entering gaya mine to kill the mini warbot using entrance 3 results in a zone to n/a a d you cant get out resetting position does not fit it and you cannot retieive belt either

i have not checked the other entrances to the mine as i keep getting killed enroute

Tupac
02-10-04, 04:34
ok crahn epic..... finished mission 3 then it gave me mission 1 O.o plz help me gm or gimme the solution to get back on track without havin to do those irritating missions again

Dirus
02-10-04, 10:54
A Temp NPC has been created on all servers at Point Red that Spawns the PSI Spider when you talk to it. This should help a little till the proper spawn can be fixed.

Please do not kill the PSI Spider Master...

naimex
02-10-04, 11:39
A Temp NPC has been created on all servers at Point Red that Spawns the PSI Spider when you talk to it. This should help a little till the proper spawn can be fixed.

Please do not kill the PSI Spider Master...

any time horisont for when the FA epic gets fixed... or the vehicle energy packs come back in ??

Cuz it kinda sucks standing with mission named "Final Stage" and not be able to move on..

nEo-1664
02-10-04, 15:39
BD Epic: you can only run the first epic mission over and over again. as it currently stands, you cannot go aaaaaaaany further. thanks :)

amputator
02-10-04, 16:27
cant take next mission in TT epic

ok managed to get 2nd mission , but after completing it im getting first mission again.

Axion
02-10-04, 19:02
Can't get passed second mission for tt. It keeps sending back after completing to repeat the 1st one, i should have epic buy now :( the amount of times i have tried

Clive tombstone
02-10-04, 20:32
I cant find that faust guy for the NEXT epic in outzone 3. where the heck is he?

Wallen
02-10-04, 20:44
BD Epic: you can only run the first epic mission over and over again. as it currently stands, you cannot go aaaaaaaany further. thanks :)

I think this is a bug related to the fact that some people get Mission Accomplished or Mission Failed spammed to their local while they are taking another mission. If you complete a missio, but were spammed while the mission was going on, it tries to make you repeat it.

I found that completing the mission, then clicking on the missions tab in your RPOS and pressing Abort Mission 'til the screen is blank (which may require re-logging as they will not all always abort) allows you to take on the next mission in the series.

A pain, I know, but hey, it works.

Arrakis
02-10-04, 21:18
Does anyone know where Gerard is for the City Mercs Epic?

Apparently he used to be in Bump Asylum in Pepper 3 but i cant find him anywhere in there. Has he been moved or is he missing atm, anyone done the CM epic yet?

Dirus
02-10-04, 21:23
Update on the NPC at Point Red that spawns the PSI Spider for the Crahn Epic.

Killing the NPC that spawns the spider is a violation of Rule 18 of the Rules of Conduct (http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=23)

MrChumble
02-10-04, 21:26
Update on the NPC at Point Red that spawns the PSI Spider for the Crahn Epic.

Killing the NPC that spawns the spider is a violation of Rule 18 of the Rules of Conduct (http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=23)
It's a nice try, but how many people read this forum compared to play the game :(

tiikeri
02-10-04, 22:04
The Spider spawning NPC isn't working again..

Spoon
02-10-04, 22:04
Does anyone know where Gerard is for the City Mercs Epic?

He's in CM HQ, in the bar near the HQ GR.....

BlackDove
02-10-04, 22:54
Fix.... my character...

Fix... the epic....

Jesus.

jenek
03-10-04, 02:30
TT epic wont move after u complete the first run , it keeps givin u the first run every time u finish it... DOH

borlegan
03-10-04, 04:13
I think Mazzaro doesnt appear at TT HQ

StrongSad
03-10-04, 04:37
Mazzaro is inside the TT HQ but in a different place. Top floor of the HQ.

However, the 2nd to last TT epic mission is borked (I am pretty sure it is the 2nd to last one). I talk to Fagaro and tell him to sabatoge or whatever. THen I need to kill a biotech runner. I tried to do that and the kill didnt register. I tried it on two seperate runners with rank greater than mine, and neither worked.

When I went to talk to Mazzaro he said I needed to kill a Biotech Security Officer. I tried that and the copbots went after me. That cant be right.

CoreKeeper
03-10-04, 11:52
However, the 2nd to last TT epic mission is borked (I am pretty sure it is the 2nd to last one). I talk to Fagaro and tell him to sabatoge or whatever. THen I need to kill a biotech runner. I tried to do that and the kill didnt register. I tried it on two seperate runners with rank greater than mine, and neither worked.

When I went to talk to Mazzaro he said I needed to kill a Biotech Security Officer. I tried that and the copbots went after me. That cant be right.

Same problem here. I also tried talking to Benjamin (the guy at industrial gr) but he always tells me that he is still waiting for someone. :wtf:

Alienfreak
03-10-04, 12:18
I only get the first mission at the CA epic.
Even if i was at 4th mission ... or if i complete the 1st.

Goddamn KK ... it cant be that hard! Fix that shit!!!!!!!!

Im really pissed off ...

I was in the viper king grave 4 times as an CA Pe ... and the guy just took the teeth.

And now i cant even get any mission beyond the first!!!

Miss Naughty
03-10-04, 16:35
I've got to the part where you have to kill 2 bd runners, simple enough I find some runners of my rank or higher and kill them. Nothing happens. I don't get a mission complete or anything.

I'm not teamed with them, I've tried going back to the npc and he just says kill 2 bds.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

tiikeri
03-10-04, 18:00
U need to kill 2 TSU guards, not runners

naimex
03-10-04, 18:58
Developers Guide edition 101 :

How to Fix FA Epic in 6 easy steps.

Step 1 :

Open Epic Scripts

Step 2 :

Find FA Epic

Step 3 :

Find "Vehicle Energy Pack"

Step 4 :

Change "Vehicle Energy Pack" to "Vehicle Laser Pack" or something else ingame

Step 5 :

Save Script

Step 6 :

Update Server

Weaponizer
03-10-04, 20:31
FA Epic:

Mission: Go to Sherman Bay and investigate (get Grimm's ID Cube in Special Box)

BUG: After completing this Mission (gave the Grimm's ID cube to Constantine at Fallen Angels HQ), I realised that I suddenly become a Black Dragon member ( my Fallen Angels sympathy remains at 52, Black Dragon sympathy is 9)

TODO: Please turn me back into a Fallen Angel and restore my previous Epic missions so that I would not have to repeat them again.

Ingame name : weaponizer
type: Spy
Faction: Fallen Angels
Server: Terra

Thank you.

tiikeri
03-10-04, 23:12
oh sheesh.. i meant BD guards.. not TSU :) GG 4 ME no RE

cloak
03-10-04, 23:54
Next epic mission 5 dennis who's apparently in the pussyclub aint anywhere

KRIMINAL99
04-10-04, 03:55
Not as big a problem but for the TG epic, you have to have a conversation with a dude named simmons who stands right next to a CA guard that ganks you in PP2. There is a nearby BD guard that you can get to occupy the guard though.

Also for DOY factions at least, not sure how it works but half the time factions other than your own act like you are a member, and even give epic missions. The supply depot personel also remark that you do not have enough sympathy rather than saying that you are not a member, indicating that you could maybe by from them if your sympathy for that faction was raised.

Akasha
04-10-04, 09:42
on Crahn epic i lost sl for killing an npc, no one else did who was with me, on BD epic it keeps giving me first mission,and also lost 89 sl killing a Tsu for the mission :mad:

Crest
04-10-04, 10:22
Since the epics force you to kill runners of friendly / neutral factions now (TS for example), surely the runner defending himself must have the same level of soul light protection ...

IE TS runner tries to kill bd runner , bd runner defends himself and kills ts runner , bd runner looses Soul Light like from +100 to -2, meanwhile the TS runner would not have ....

Crest
04-10-04, 10:24
Not as big a problem but for the TG epic, you have to have a conversation with a dude named simmons who stands right next to a CA guard that ganks you in PP2. There is a nearby BD guard that you can get to occupy the guard though.

Also for DOY factions at least, not sure how it works but half the time factions other than your own act like you are a member, and even give epic missions. The supply depot personel also remark that you do not have enough sympathy rather than saying that you are not a member, indicating that you could maybe by from them if your sympathy for that faction was raised.

This is true and you can buy from any faction where u have 90 suymp ... I got 90 for all anti city, and Have had a look at what each faction can offer

___T-X____
04-10-04, 11:27
Biotech Epic, Mssion 4 or 5- Malfunctioning Warbot doesnt drop the Chip he's supposed too.

Ta.so the

StrongSad
04-10-04, 19:01
any news on if these are being fixed???

Has anyone finished an epic?

The tangent one was working fine in NC1....maybe KK doesnt want us to do the WoC stuff...

Darkana
04-10-04, 19:02
Haven't checked this personally, yet, but got told that the vehicle energy packs required for the FA epic still don't work like they should. They are now in game, you can buy them, but the NPC requires you to make a BluePrint of it, which is, unfortunately, not possible.

*wonders what the verb "to test" means*

CoreKeeper
04-10-04, 19:46
The tangent one was working fine in NC1....maybe KK doesnt want us to do the WoC stuff...

The CA Epic worked in NC1, but is broken now. The NEXT Epic worked in NC1, but is broken now. The NEXT Epic worked in NC1, but is broken now.
Got it? :p

Ultima
04-10-04, 21:10
Im on mission 4 for Tangent Technologies Epic

Spoke to the guy in PP3, It then originally told me I had to kill 2 Biotech Runners of the same level.

So I killed one, lost a bucket of Soullight and Sympathy suprize suprize. Went to check the faction guy and he now says I have to kill a Biotech Security Officer.

As HQs are safe zones the only 4 I can find are the 4 outside BT HQ in Via 1.

Are these guards what I have to kill (one of I presume)?

CoreKeeper
04-10-04, 22:20
Yes, you have to kill one of those in front of BT hq.

___T-X____
05-10-04, 00:22
TS EPIC 4, kill gruber at catlock, you kill him and it doesnt register. Same bugs as nc1 :rolleyes: so u go back to repeat it and then a grim gets u in sync on a zoneline - good one.

paolo escobar
05-10-04, 01:46
server : terra
epic : crahn
Final mission, the psi spider at point red fails to spawn, & has done for some time :(

BlackDove
05-10-04, 03:27
FA epic

Get to the fifth? mission when you're supposed to do research on two items - one of the items isn't available in the game anymore. The Vehicle Pack or something to that effect.

Agent FunHead
05-10-04, 05:44
FA epic

Get to the fifth? mission when you're supposed to do research on two items - one of the items isn't available in the game anymore. The Vehicle Pack or something to that effect.
Its in the game now but its not researchable

BlackDove
05-10-04, 10:57
It's still fucked, allright? :p

superfresh
05-10-04, 14:30
on Crahn epic i lost sl for killing an npc, no one else did who was with me, on BD epic it keeps giving me first mission,and also lost 89 sl killing a Tsu for the mission :mad:

I had this problem. Was instructed to kill an FA NPC in OZ 4 for Crahn epic. I did so, completed the mission, but also lost a ton of SL and faction sympathies with FA, TS, and TG.

Dribble Joy
05-10-04, 16:46
The npc in tawkeen village for the 3rd CM epic mission is missing.

StrongSad
05-10-04, 19:56
Yes, you have to kill one of those in front of BT hq.

Hmm and I am sure you have tried this :rolleyes:

One NPC tells you to kill two, another says to kill just one. Killing any BT guards gains you bad SL and huge symp hits. BUGGED.

Arrakis
05-10-04, 21:01
On Pandore the Crahn epic is bugged.

Once you accept the first mission it fails after approx 30 with makes it impossible to complete ( I tried :D ). I'm not sure what happened really because it was working initially, as two of my friends have completed it. Now whenever we try it, it just fails :/

Can anyone else confirm this on the different servers?

nobody2004
06-10-04, 00:53
On Pandore, the NEXT EPIC is undoable as well.

In mission 40 the guy called M.Karsten vanished.

Is supposed to be "near the pussy", the last time someone saw him he was near the "hidden" BD entrance in PP.

For those who where able to finish mission 40 before Mr Karsten vanished, they're stuck at mission 45.
Mission 45 just doesn't start.
You talk to the ressource manager, he gives you the mission, but the mission window remains empty.

In mission 30, one is supposed to go back to "MAX" (who's sitting in OZ5) but actually it's not MAX your really expected to visit ...

EPICs are just screwed up ! :( :( :(

And there have been some patches now, but NO change in EPICs.

Does NEXT EPIC work on other servers ?

PS: This is REALLY annoying, especially as I can't even do regular missions to increase my faction symp (as this one is on-going ...).

Maester Seymour
06-10-04, 05:49
FA epic seems to be pretty much okay now, BlackDove and I just became FA Masters :D

BlackDove
06-10-04, 07:03
Not yet perfectly okay.

1. The construction chip. The script doesn't say it's construction chip 2 - it just says "construction chip" when you talk to Grimm (DNA Sequencer FYI). Bad mojo.

2. Maybe it was due to my lack of paying attention to detail, but it was really hard to remember after chasing the items down, that I had to actually "construct" the final item. Please make note of that in the script somwhere.

I got it with both my characters though. It works both ways, as a Dampner and DNA sequencer.

Finally.

Xeno LARD
06-10-04, 16:15
Just took a huge SL hit by killing BioTech for TT Epic (PainBringer).

Should probably be looked at. I can't play now on that char so that the mission does not end so I don't have to redo that mission.

Word from the GM please?

Miss Naughty
06-10-04, 16:22
I have to go see Jester to get a better weapon, to build it he needs the x-or chip (which I have) and a chemical validium (which I don't have).

Apparentely if you don't loot the chemical that Mr Cook drops in an earlier mission you won't have this chemical. I didn't loot the chemical, infact I don't remember seeing one. Mr Cook can't be relooted and therefore I have broken my epic. :(

Talking to a GM he says that there is no way other way of getting the chemical. Anyone know differently?

Farril
06-10-04, 16:24
Just took a huge SL hit by killing BioTech for TT Epic (PainBringer).

Should probably be looked at. I can't play now on that char so that the mission does not end so I don't have to redo that mission.

Word from the GM please?

Please re-read the epic when you do it :p After you killed already FA in the mission before, we decided that there is no reason to let you attack a "green" player too, which for him cant fight back for the SL/Symp issue.

Currently you have to kill an BT NPC ... the one you have to kill will change with the next patch. So please watch out for the dialog text.

Talking to a GM he says that there is no way other way of getting the chemical. Anyone know differently?

Cancel the current running mission and start over. It will cost the things you already archieved in that mission, but you will be able to finish this mission to go on with the epic.

Xeno LARD
06-10-04, 16:55
Please re-read the epic when you do it :p After you killed already FA in the mission before, we decided that there is no reason to let you attack a "green" player too, which for him cant fight back for the SL/Symp issue.

Currently you have to kill an BT NPC ... the one you have to kill will change with the next patch. So please watch out for the dialog text.

Riiiiiiiiight o_O.

Kill a 120/120 *** Guard, a copbot then. On a pistol PE. Have to wait for the next patch then. Thanks for the prompt reply.

nobody2004
06-10-04, 17:11
Any word Farril as to when we may hopefully, thankfully, expect the next patch ?

You know, the one that corrects the NEXT epic mission 40 missing NPC bug ?
And the mission 45 "can't take the mission" issue ?

:D :D :D

OpTi
06-10-04, 18:32
the crahn epic script for the 1st mission now doesn't load AT ALL (Pandore).

i've logged out and waiting 5 misn then going to log back in and try again.

Edit: nope just a blank box, this pleases me

Edit2: now i can accept the 1st mission but i STILL get mission failed shortly after, and i'm NOT clanned. I'm getting really pissed off now.

Xeno LARD
06-10-04, 19:12
Riiiiiiiiight o_O.

Kill a 120/120 *** Guard, a copbot then. On a pistol PE. Have to wait for the next patch then. Thanks for the prompt reply.

In the few minute's it was up, I saw the chick I had to kill. :)

StrongSad
06-10-04, 19:38
TT epic is still messed up. KK you should really put some thought into these fixes and save yourself some time. I talk to mazzaro and the other guy and they both say kill a BT employee (THEY NEVER SPECIFY A CERTAIN ONE). So the only place you can kill a BT employee is OUTSIDE the HQ.....because the HQs are safezones. I do this and get a huge SL/Symp hit. I then go inside the HQ to find another BT employee marked by the nav-ray. HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KILL THEM INSIDE THE HQ????

To add to my misery Benjamin is bugged and when you talk to him you get stuck in chat and have to relog.

All the development time and you people couldnt fix a couple epics???? Is it that difficult?

OpTi
06-10-04, 19:40
Everyone trying to do the crahn epic on pandore is getting this mission failed crap

SnowCrash
06-10-04, 19:44
TT epic is still messed up. KK you should really put some thought into these fixes and save yourself some time. I talk to mazzaro and the other guy and they both say kill a BT employee (THEY NEVER SPECIFY A CERTAIN ONE). So the only place you can kill a BT employee is OUTSIDE the HQ.....because the HQs are safezones. I do this and get a huge SL/Symp hit. I then go inside the HQ to find another BT employee marked by the nav-ray. HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KILL THEM INSIDE THE HQ????

To add to my misery Benjamin is bugged and when you talk to him you get stuck in chat and have to relog.

All the development time and you people couldnt fix a couple epics???? Is it that difficult?

there are BioTech Employees outside the HQ in Via Rosso Sec-1 since this patch. Please have a look around.
And we will check the issues with Benjamin.

StrongSad
06-10-04, 19:48
I killed one of them snow and it gave me a huge sl/symp hit like I said. And benjamin still refused me after I killed said employee.

Its not working!

Nippa
06-10-04, 20:07
epic missons gone again

crahn 3rd epic run speak to the first npc and its in german and cant go any further with it . just tells you to go away

Farril
06-10-04, 20:12
epic missons gone again

crahn 3rd epic run speak to the first npc and its in german and cant go any further with it . just tells you to go away

Crosscheck: What is the name of the NPC you are talking to?

Miss Naughty
06-10-04, 20:20
Cancel the current running mission and start over. It will cost the things you already archieved in that mission, but you will be able to finish this mission to go on with the epic.

Thats doesn't work, unfortunately the mission that you get the chemical in is much earlier in the epic. The problem is a lot more fundemental. If someone doesn't pick up an item or losses one then they have essentially fubar'd the epic.

Nippa
06-10-04, 21:44
Crosscheck: What is the name of the NPC you are talking to?

mark cole for the 3rd run when u go speak to him after the . crahn send you on your way he says in german ! wen haben wir denn da ? verschwinde .. and thats after your hotfix 111 been back to him a few time now and he still says the same thing . hope that helps

craio
06-10-04, 23:44
Any word Farril as to when we may hopefully, thankfully, expect the next patch ?

You know, the one that corrects the NEXT epic mission 40 missing NPC bug ?
And the mission 45 "can't take the mission" issue ?

:D :D :D

Like i said a couple of times in various threads.
There's NO npc missing for the "get the fake reveler keys" mission, Karsten is present although somehow a bit hard to see( somehow relocated a bit) , go to pp3 there's an entrance to pussy club there aswell ( near the gr). There you'll find karsten standing inside a bunch of boxes, you can click on him and he works. The npc really isnt that hard to find.
Carbonite spawned him allmost a week ago now, (first appeared green, now red).

Jake Cutter
06-10-04, 23:44
QA,

Any ETA as to when the final NEXT epic mission is going to be fixed?

Regards,
Jake Cutter

switchback
07-10-04, 02:03
[edit]

was going to mention crahn epic, 3rd mission. i also have the man talking german. NPC marc cole i think

nobody2004
07-10-04, 02:33
Like i said a couple of times in various threads.
There's NO npc missing for the "get the fake reveler keys" mission, Karsten is present although somehow a bit hard to see( somehow relocated a bit) , go to pp3 there's an entrance to pussy club there aswell ( near the gr). There you'll find karsten standing inside a bunch of boxes, you can click on him and he works. The npc really isnt that hard to find.
Carbonite spawned him allmost a week ago now, (first appeared green, now red).

Craio,

I've been through PP3 couple of times to no luck.
I went back to were you say, still no Karsten.

Is it server dependent ?
'cause I'm playing on Pandore ...

When did you last see him ?
Because other runners reported him elsewhere in PP3, but haven't seem him in a week or so.

Drake6k
07-10-04, 02:44
QA,

Any ETA as to when the final NEXT epic mission is going to be fixed?

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Ditto.

Any chance we can have a short workaround? Like a NPC that checks if you did the other missions and rewards a reveler. I dunno :( I want mine so badly.

Clive tombstone
07-10-04, 03:01
Ditto.

Any chance we can have a short workaround? Like a NPC that checks if you did the other missions and rewards a reveler. I dunno :( I want mine so badly.

Double ditto damnit!
How about have madison hand out the mission instead or something, madison is way cooler than the faction human resources nerds. :D

BlackwooD
07-10-04, 07:45
TS epic. Mission 5 .. BD hq in PP . Killed the faction officr assistant . Lost a ton of SL and no mission complete. Returned to mark cole ( the npc the sends you on the rampage ) just to double check. no go. Plz fix npc and magically restore my SL.

P.S. magically doen not include another rollback.

Server : Terra

craio
07-10-04, 10:04
Craio,

I've been through PP3 couple of times to no luck.
I went back to were you say, still no Karsten.

Is it server dependent ?
'cause I'm playing on Pandore ...

When did you last see him ?
Because other runners reported him elsewhere in PP3, but haven't seem him in a week or so.

Ah, sorry, didnt know you were talking about Pandore and thought it wasnt server dependent, but seeing as i'm playing on terra it might be server dependent afterall.
Try the same as i did, write an ingame helprequest stating that an npc you need for the epic is inside the closed off pussy club and ask if they could move him outside. Worked for me, the next day i logged in again and the npc was there and i got an email from Carbonite saying he placed it.

edit: Saw him in that spot yesterday and the day before that.

LOST
07-10-04, 15:55
I'm joining Blackwood......TS epic,

After speaking with hontonka and cole you were instructed to kill 2 thugs. OMG. since the change i'm told to kill 1 BD. I got ppu'd fighting a thug - which didnt end to well for me.

Where is the person (BD) that you have to kill to satisfy Cole and thus this bit of the epic ?

Akasha
07-10-04, 16:17
on terra mark cole speaks german as does maxime, now im lost as to what to do next lol!

~A~

darkservent
07-10-04, 16:19
Wanna know if the TT epic 5th mission is gonna be fixed. No confirmation on the BT kill.

Bugs Gunny
07-10-04, 16:22
I'm still stuck on the next epic.

Somehow i got a packet of contracts in my inventory still, i'm sent out to meet elias in TH by HRM (level 45 mission) and elias won't talk to me.

nobody2004
07-10-04, 18:36
Ah, sorry, didnt know you were talking about Pandore and thought it wasnt server dependent, but seeing as i'm playing on terra it might be server dependent afterall.
Try the same as i did, write an ingame helprequest stating that an npc you need for the epic is inside the closed off pussy club and ask if they could move him outside. Worked for me, the next day i logged in again and the npc was there and i got an email from Carbonite saying he placed it.

edit: Saw him in that spot yesterday and the day before that.

Tx Craio.

Guess what, I've loged allready couple of ingame help requests :p
I was told to "wait for the next patch" for 3 patches now ... :rolleyes:
As you're playing on Pandore, maybe you could log a complain ?
Looks like you're better than I'm to get listen at ;)
(I'm not sure french GM's can spawn NPC's ...)

Have you seen him on Pandore ?
Would you be so kind and check (and confirm) ?

TIA :)

Nippa
07-10-04, 19:09
still no fix on the crahn epic misson 3 when you have to speak to cole and that goes for teh rest of the epics get them fixed ffs

craio
07-10-04, 20:19
As you're playing on Pandore, maybe you could log a complain ?

I'm not playing on Pandore, my french aint good enough for it.
So i wouldnt be able to translate that request right :)

LOST
07-10-04, 22:24
I take it from the lack of support in game and from helpdesk that the final bit of the TS epic is not implemented yet.
We...the people that are at this stage, have killed ranging npc's and runners and lost a fair bit of FS and sl doing so....as the patch was suppose to fix our epic wouldn't a "It didnt work as we expected" or "still bugged" be more productive than ignorance or letting runners go wrecking their sympathies etc....

Nevermind then, i guess we'll wait and see.

Arrakis
07-10-04, 23:32
The first mission of the crahn epic on Pandore is bugged. It fails afer about 30 seconds everytime.

Fix it.

Akasha
08-10-04, 00:49
when will we get English speaking npc's for the Crahn epic?

and the BD drug dude wont gimme drugs! says come back later! ive not had any at all from him!

~A~

Bugs Gunny
08-10-04, 09:37
I've stopped doing the epics since i lost too much cash and items from running back and forth trying to redo them each time a patch said they were fixed.

nobody2004
08-10-04, 10:27
I've stopped doing the epics since i lost too much cash and items from running back and forth trying to redo them each time a patch said they were fixed.

Same here.
The additional problem is I can't do regular misions as well as I'm in the middle of my epic mission, so I can't increase my symp, and as a result can't get anything from the faction responsible.

So I can't get the high tech datacabe, and as a result, I'm not really interested in getting into HN.

I can't start my Ceres as well, as I haven't finish my EPIC.

So why/what for exactly am I paying ?

darkservent
08-10-04, 11:14
Im hoping there will be a patch to fix these bugs up today cause Im really not gonna wait till next week. Im stuck on this goddamn TT epic and have like loads of epics to complete before I join my clan.

Bugs Gunny
08-10-04, 11:20
Seems to me like every time they "fix" the epics, more gets broken :-)

The crahn epic worked fine before the "fix".

Here's an idea for KK..... How about you have some gm's test the epic "fix" before you patch it.
They don't die, and they can teleport all over the map.

It might not be bad to hire someone to do nothing but testing all day, so the programmers can keep working. It will cost you less than annoyed players and new players not siging up.

CoreKeeper
08-10-04, 13:41
The solution could be a new testsever i think. :)

Mr Kot
08-10-04, 14:01
mark cole for the 3rd run when u go speak to him after the . crahn send you on your way he says in german ! wen haben wir denn da ? verschwinde .. and thats after your hotfix 111 been back to him a few time now and he still says the same thing . hope that helps

More info on this broken Crahn mission on Terra:

Assuming that Mark Cole telling me to piss off was part of the story, i returned to HQ to report the news. Father Manus didn't seem to know me, giving the usual, "No time to talk...." line, and the registrar who gave me the mission told me (in german), "Has a task not been assigned to you?"

Obviously not the story then....

Cancelling this mission doesn't lose you anything so at least i can continue with other missions while i wait for the fix.

GosuSmurf
08-10-04, 14:52
DRE is still not working either..

Major Havoc
08-10-04, 16:48
Tsunami Epic also broken; I'm sent to the secret BD HQ in PP to kill two NPC's (Contacts) and they aren't there - I've seen people on Faction kill the only NPC in there and loose FS as a result :mad:

StrongSad
08-10-04, 20:37
is terra the only server w/ these problems?

Dribble Joy
09-10-04, 17:09
CM 2nd epic mission (rookie test) is still bugged, the guards attack you after you kill the npcs.

deac
09-10-04, 21:58
FIX COLE ON TERRA PLEASE!

crahn epic mission 3

BlackDove
10-10-04, 06:43
is terra the only server w/ these problems?

3. Crahn Misson, NPC: Marcus Cole nach Beantwortung seiner Frage und Auswahl des Textes nur ein schwarzes Dialogfenster geht nix mehr !

SUUUUUUUUUUPER !

I'm gonna say no :p

Arrakis
10-10-04, 07:27
Fix Crahn and NEXT on Pandore etc...

-Demon-
10-10-04, 13:42
Hmm good job I did the cole mission before hand then...just the pain of lvling my ppu now to lvl 45 to get accepted for the last mission.

ZyproN
10-10-04, 13:47
Don't know if it already have been posted.

But my bro did the CM epic yesterday and when he had to kill the persons at MB he got attacked my GUARDS, is that a bug or just a part of the epic?

10-10-04, 20:12
Mission 2 of DRE Epic is bugged atm.

You talk to the guy, he gives you the mission but it doesnt appear in your mission window (even after relogging)

Mr Kot
11-10-04, 00:07
just the pain of lvling my ppu now to lvl 45 to get accepted for the last mission.

one word.....drugs :D

darkservent
11-10-04, 13:42
KK plz fix the TT epic and all of em today. I cant do nothing till u fix it all.

Crest
11-10-04, 13:45
KK plz fix the TT epic and all of em today. I cant do nothing till u fix it all.

I completed TT this weekend, whats the problem here (I used the old walk through)

Only change was killing the Bio Employee, for this you kill the woman below the ramp outside the HQ ...

Its a bitch though, cause I killed the guy, lost soul light which meant I had to get lucky second time or drop the epic mission, do missions to get SL up and repeat

dem0n
11-10-04, 14:56
TS EPIC

ok people mentioned it but they haven't been correct. In mission 5 Mark Cole instructs you to kill 2 BD Contacts in secret BD HQ in PP. There are no 'Contact' NPCs in secret BD, there were in NC1 [Contacts and Wiseguys] but they have been removed in NC2. In secret BD HQ in PP there are a dozen 120/120 guards and 2 or 3 80/80 vendors. The only Contacts in game at the moment are in DoY BD HQ, but they are guarded as hell and not to mention BD HQ is a safezone. So the mission CAN'T be finished atm.

Crest
11-10-04, 15:05
Any Confirmation of where to find the Dude for the Next Misison, the guy that once spend his life with the woman, drinking in the Pusy Club ????

11-10-04, 15:17
Any Confirmation of where to find the Dude for the Next Misison, the guy that once spend his life with the woman, drinking in the Pusy Club ????

Isnt he located outside the rear entrance to the club now. Down near the PP3 GenRep and the back entrance to Neofrag

StrongSad
11-10-04, 23:49
where are these walk throughs?

ch0ppy
12-10-04, 03:58
The second mission for DRE doesnt work after talking to the director
he dismisses you. And nothing in the mission log window.
On Terra.

capt-o
12-10-04, 09:20
FA Epic:

NPC tells you to look in a building with two radar dishes for a secret box. But the box is inside the storage area, 3-4 rooms in, rather dangerous for the lvl requirement of the mission.

Your required to recycle Chemical T (TL 1) and
Trisol (TL 29) to make some conductor. With a TL 30 tool and 30 recycle skill, I'm told i do not have enough skill to recycle this. :confused:

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 09:33
I am sure this has been reported, but the Crahn Epic Mission 3 is bugged when you talk to Cole, he speaks German and doesn't do anything.

ino
12-10-04, 09:38
yupp.. would be pretty damn nice if they could fix the mission 3 crahn.

Also the psi spider on the last mission I think I hard is borked.

capt-o
12-10-04, 10:34
Figured out one of the problems, if this site is right still the chem you need to make from 29 and 1 tl chems is TL 80?!?
http://www.rpgplanet.com/neocron/guides/recyclingrecipes.asp
Plastat Alloy is the name but the NPC never tells you this though she seems to know all about it.

Major Havoc
12-10-04, 13:12
Yeah, you need TL80 Recycle, but ask on Faction as I've seen several fellow FA who have been happy to relog to their high level Recycler to help out (Terra).

BlackDove
12-10-04, 20:57
Also, on the FA epic, you are given Meritium and Solantium to couple with the datacube of your choice (dampner or gene thing) - while you need ARILLIUM and Solantium.

o_O

darkservent
12-10-04, 22:17
I completed TT this weekend, whats the problem here (I used the old walk through)

Only change was killing the Bio Employee, for this you kill the woman below the ramp outside the HQ ...

Its a bitch though, cause I killed the guy, lost soul light which meant I had to get lucky second time or drop the epic mission, do missions to get SL up and repeat

Ah shit someone coulda told me this. Let me go try this now.

Major Havoc
12-10-04, 22:22
Also, on the FA epic, you are given Meritium and Solantium to couple with the datacube of your choice (dampner or gene thing) - while you need ARILLIUM and Solantium.

o_O

Actually...

...the NPC does say you need to go buy your own Arillium ;)

And where the f*** is my signature?

Quake
13-10-04, 00:57
*sigh* fix the crahn epic already, you had it working before the rollback give us a hotfix. Im waiting for the Crahn epic to be fixed so i can change my faction :(

BlackDove
13-10-04, 01:32
Actually...

...the NPC does say you need to go buy your own Arillium ;)

Note: Meritium doesn't do shit.

darkservent
13-10-04, 16:33
Problem with the last NEXT mission is that talk to HR but it doesnt accept it. Great im in another fucked up epic.

ch0ppy
14-10-04, 13:05
As of patch 112
The second mission for DRE STILL doesnt work after talking to the director
he dismisses you. And nothing in the mission log window.
On Terra.

Dribble Joy
14-10-04, 13:28
I can see it, sure you have sigs activated in you userCP?

Mole2
14-10-04, 23:09
Can't find Frederick in MB for the CM rookie test.
Found Claudia and Erik only other guy I can find is called EUCH.
Is Frederick missing or am I just blind ?

Terra server

capt-o
15-10-04, 22:59
if you found those two you just need to keep going deeper into the base, he's a few rooms from the other male npc.
He's a spy standing near some antennas in a hallway IIRC

Dirus
16-10-04, 07:28
A Temporary NPC has been created in both the Next & Diamond Real Estate HQ's.

The Next NPC completes your epic run, and gives you the reward/master status if your trying to do mission 6. The NPC is located on the lower level.

The DRE NPC completes the 2nd mission for you, so you can resume the epic on mission 3. The NPC is located in themiddle of the hall when you enter the HQ.

For both these NPC's please make sure you have not talked to the normal HR npc prior to talking to them, if you have you may need to relog/restart to get the npc's to talk to you properly. After you talk to the npc's you will most likely need to relog/restart the client to get rid of the resulting "already in mission bug".

Clive tombstone
16-10-04, 07:48
Id like to say thanks lupus, Im glad to have my revler finally.

nobody2004
16-10-04, 09:22
A Temporary NPC has been created in both the Next & Diamond Real Estate HQ's.

The Next NPC completes your epic run, and gives you the reward/master status if your trying to do mission 6. The NPC is located on the lower level.

The DRE NPC completes the 2nd mission for you, so you can resume the epic on mission 3. The NPC is located in themiddle of the hall when you enter the HQ.

For both these NPC's please make sure you have not talked to the normal HR npc prior to talking to them, if you have you may need to relog/restart to get the npc's to talk to you properly. After you talk to the npc's you will most likely need to relog/restart the client to get rid of the resulting "already in mission bug".

VERY nice move Lupus !

Is this server dependant ?
I checked on Pandore, and with my best will, couldn't find him :(

Still, NICE move aimed at customer satisfaction !

Dirus
16-10-04, 09:27
VERY nice move Lupus !

Is this server dependant ?
I checked on Pandore, and with my best will, couldn't find him :(

Still, NICE move aimed at customer satisfaction !

I sent the scripts to Legba to be translated and put on Pandore. So my guess is they should be there as well soon.

ch0ppy
16-10-04, 09:27
I can not get the DRE epic to work for me. I have tried
to restart the client before and after talking to the fixer NPC but no luck.

When talking to the fixer NPC i get a blank screen is this supposed
to happen ?

Dirus
16-10-04, 09:31
I can not get the DRE epic to work for me. I have tried
to restart the client before and after talking to the fixer NPC but no luck.

When talking to the fixer NPC i get a blank screen is this supposed
to happen ?

You shouldnt get a blank screen. I'll look into the NPC when I wake up. Currently almost 4am.

ch0ppy
16-10-04, 10:17
Going to sleep at 4 am WTF, its 9:15am here now
i havent been to sleep yet. You must be part time staff then :) :D
j/k at least we are heading in the right direction
:) thx for the reply as well.

Dmx_crew
16-10-04, 11:18
What about the city admin epic, it's virtually impossible to get to Ancient Yucida Village with all the doys around. I got real close by basically zoning between two zones, but still didn't make it.
Do they even sell the snake minion teeth there?

ch0ppy
16-10-04, 15:40
The script is working for me now, dont know if you did anything or
if i was too dumb to figure it out earlier.

But now the last mission NPC Ferguson is missing
he is not at the GoGo in Ind Sector.

I hope thats where he was supposed to be otherwise lets just pretend
i said nothing.

Tratos
16-10-04, 17:17
On Teh Pandore:

The 3rd? (Level 35) mission is bugged as it tells me to talk to the guy at el farid who then directs me to Fiagro, i manage to get there only to find he works as he normaly does and has no options for the epic mission....very annoying :(

Tratos
17-10-04, 19:18
im a fucking plank, lol the epic mentioned above is the Fallen Angels Epic on Pandore.

Sorry about that, heh

capt-o
20-10-04, 00:01
Got to the part of the TT epic where you kill the director.
Found him, Killed him
I lost a lot of friendly faction sympathy and my SL went from 71 to -11 :mad:
Others say they finished it so what's going on here?
The kill is not recognized by mazzaro or the HR guy.

Azdraack Switz
20-10-04, 09:14
I confirm, Fergusson is Missing in the last Diamon Real Estate Apic Mission. Where the hell is he? :p
Could u please fix that? ^^

MrChumble
20-10-04, 19:20
You shouldnt get a blank screen. I'll look into the NPC when I wake up. Currently almost 4am.
I get the same problem with the NEXT epic fixer. Also I've got no text in the mission window (not sure if that's the bug the fixer is meant to fix).

Edit: fixed it, seems to be caused by talking to the HR npc first.

Dirus
20-10-04, 19:24
The Fix npc for DRE should complete the 2nd mission for you so that you can continue on with the rest of the epic through the normal Human Resources NPC.

The Next Fix NPc should complete the epic for you and give you the epic reward.

These NPC's only work for you if you've either done the first mission for DRE, or have done the first 5 missions for Next.

Tratos
22-10-04, 19:57
Any chance we can get a list of epic run status'?

For example.

Fallen Angels - Working
Next - Temp Fixed
etc
etc

Would be handy i believe.

Bronx
23-10-04, 11:30
Well Im stuck on the very first mission for NEXT. I talked to everyone on the BioTec HQ and nothing......

-Bronx

nobody2004
23-10-04, 12:56
Well Im stuck on the very first mission for NEXT. I talked to everyone on the BioTec HQ and nothing......

-Bronx

Look around (ouside the BT HQ), in the same zone, and ... have a drink ? :D

t0tt3
23-10-04, 14:28
PP epic...

2nd mission, who shall you go to?
They just say they got a bad fish somwhere in Pepper park, shall I go and talk to every NPC to se what they should say......

Thats more try and error tactic not so good...

And yea **** you all I am back :p 8|

Krush
23-10-04, 16:48
Guys with the Crahn mission I was having the go everywhere and not working shit happen for a while

almost went nuts

I found that by cancellingthe mission the talking to father morpheis then

canceling mission and relogging I was ok and started next mission to finish

odd but happy to finally have glove

onlt thing now is I am doing a different epic and Father Morpheius isn'tthere anymore?

G.0.D.
24-10-04, 22:25
On the biotech epic, Malfunctioning warbots

-If you kill the warbot and do not loot in time or forget to loot; No other warbot will drop the chip for you.

Even if you share the kill with another biotech runner doing the same epic it will only drop one chip (The bots only drop the chip when killed by some one who has the mission, the mission is ended when u get the chip)

P.S. I need a gm to spawn me a chip ... rawr

El Jimben
26-10-04, 00:18
@ totte - the guy u need for the pp epic is outside the old crahn HQ, just near the sewer entrace.

I think the crahn epic works now btw, my mate did it a few days ago without any problems & i've found everything works up until the TS kill (as far as I've got). The psi spider spawner even works o.O

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 03:37
Minor "bug" in Crahn epic:
When talking to the registrar in Crahn HQ you sometimes call her "sister", sometimes "father".

farther as in higher rank, sister / brother as in equal rank

its as you progress?

t0tt3
27-10-04, 11:01
@ totte - the guy u need for the pp epic is outside the old crahn HQ, just near the sewer entrace.

Talked to him and he said.... nothing, he was red tho so I killed him :angel: :wtf:
R.I.P

kurai
02-11-04, 09:56
Firstly - the script says go talk to Crazy Dillan (who is outside NC) when it means Happy Gil who is outside DoY.

Secondly -Happy Gil is broken - sub-mission says complete but he doesan't give you the gun to take to Raymon in DoY6.

Can't go any further.

BlackDove
02-11-04, 10:38
On the biotech epic, Malfunctioning warbots

-If you kill the warbot and do not loot in time or forget to loot; No other warbot will drop the chip for you.

Even if you share the kill with another biotech runner doing the same epic it will only drop one chip (The bots only drop the chip when killed by some one who has the mission, the mission is ended when u get the chip)

P.S. I need a gm to spawn me a chip ... rawr

Cancel mission.

Rince - repeat. Happened to me with CA - the fucking warbot was un-lootable (items physically didn't want to leave his mangled corpse, and my ping was fine).

Didn't work the second time either when you "take all" - however it did work when I took out the chip manually.

Abort Mission. All over again.

kurai
02-11-04, 12:04
Secondly -Happy Gil is broken - sub-mission says complete but he doesan't give you the gun to take to Raymon in DoY6.

Can't go any further. Apparently Gil *doesn't* hand you a gun even though the script says he does.

It turns out it was the next NPC along, Raymon, in DoY6 that was broken.

A Support GM showed me where there was another copy of him though, and this one worked fine.

N.B. It was mentioned earlier in this thread that one of the later TS missions requires killing two BD "Contacts" - there are now some spawned around DoY8 outside of safe zones, so you don't have to take on 120/120 guards any more :D

BlackDove
02-11-04, 13:23
The contacts are tough.

Glued to the floor, knife wielders.

OOOOOOOOO

Vampire222
10-11-05, 17:44
FA epic on Terra: the Box in sherman bay's underground storage, which should contain the ID Cube of Grimm, is empty, same goes for the other things in that room (cooking pot, bags)

Brammers
10-11-05, 18:04
Sometimes when you go down the cube doesn't spawn in the box. To get it to spawn, log off for a few minutes next to the box, that usually fixes it.

Lodar
10-11-05, 20:42
Yeesh, this thread has already celebrated its first birthday! Please don't bump really old threads, this thread was created for detailing epic problems when NC2 went retail (I think). If you have a problem with one of the epic runs, submit an ingame help ticket.

Thread closed.