PDA

View Full Version : Ok, ok... about character name theving... [yes, GMs and Mods, please weigh in]

Heavyporker
30-09-04, 18:28
Now, seeing as the name stealing has already started apparently, and as Nidhogg stated, it seems possible to petition to get your names back.

How would we go about applying a petition, and how would we prove a history of possessing the name in a manner that would be effective to KK?

Do you mean screenshots or what? Previous emails to KK or Helpdesk with the name referenced? What?

Thank you for what aid you can render in this issue.

Morganth
30-09-04, 18:36
Yeah, Clownst0pper has had all of his names stolen :mad:

Clownst0pper
30-09-04, 18:45
Ive written a 4 page document on why I believe I deserve my characters names over an 0/2 noob who just happened to have transfered before me, or someone doing it on purpose.

Either way its a 4 page document of hard fact and references, I just need to know where to send it!

Morganth
30-09-04, 18:46
Ive written a 4 page document on why I believe I deserve my characters names over an 0/2 noob who just happened to have transfered before me, or someone doing it on purpose.

Either way its a 4 page document of hard fact and references, I just need to know where to send it!

Surely they can check your previous account details from the snapshot and match your old account details into your new NC2 account to prove you are the same person. Unless the thieves know your login details, this is foolproof.

Clownst0pper
30-09-04, 18:47
Surely they can check your previous account details from the snapshot and match your old account details into your new NC2 account to prove you are the same person. Unless the thieves know your login details, this is foolproof.

its so obvious though, what are the chances of two brand new DOY players creating Koro and Kaolin noobs?

It must be a billion to 1 chance. :mad:

hudsonbeck
30-09-04, 18:48
I understand that this is bullshit and anyone who 'stole' 'unique' names should have to change it, but this is a slippery road... what about common names?
What if My APU was called Monk on Uranus and someone else had it on Saturn... how do you settle it then?

I know that 2 of my names on Uranus were not available on Saturn. When I transfered my characters to teh international server and got my names, should i feel bad if the guy on Saturn can have his name now? I dont think so...
Both Names i am talking about are very common english words and are by no means 'unique' I dont think i ever met the guy on Saturn with the name in question and i played daily...

I am just saying that KK has to be careful because this is a very slippery road...

Like i stated above, the blatent name theft is apauling and should be resolved ASAP.

Hudson

p.s. I had the name Hudson on Saturn for 2 years and i know for fact that other people tried to get it and couldnt because i already had it... I also went to NC2 beta and someone registered Hudson before me... needless to say i got into NC2 immediately and made sure i got my names, luckly i had no troubles registering.

I do feel forthose that this has happened to :(

/edit I am not refering to your situation with Koro and Kaolin... yes, you should get those names back.

LiL T
30-09-04, 18:50
If anyone is found too truely be stealing a name they should get banned there arseholes means any long term player using someone elses name. Its got to be considered griefing cos thats what griefing is its greifing GRIEFING plain and simple

Clownst0pper
30-09-04, 20:03
If anyone is found too truely be stealing a name they should get banned there arseholes means any long term player using someone elses name. Its got to be considered griefing cos thats what griefing is its greifing GRIEFING plain and simple

The thing is, friends, enemies, and people who know the Saturn Koro or Kaolin ie, myself.

Will be directing the new 0/2 Koro thinking its me.

And no doubt the new koro will get abuse sent to them over direct who hate the real Koro again, myself!

Its just silly, and I really need a mod to tell me where to send my petition :(

Birkoff
30-09-04, 20:06
GOOD GAME to the person that did it.
You weren't fast enough ther is nothing mods can do as thats what they have psoted in the plan files.

Poor you.. *laughs*

Clownst0pper
30-09-04, 20:12
You weren't fast enough ther is nothing mods can do as thats what they have psoted in the plan files.

Poor you.. *laughs*

Here you go people, one of the offenders no doubt.

And yes, you are wrong, moderators "are" dealing with it, thankyou.

So sit back down fool

LiL T
30-09-04, 20:17
Here you go people, one of the offenders no doubt.

And yes, you are wrong, moderators "are" dealing with it, thankyou.

So sit back down fool

ah nm

MrChumble
30-09-04, 20:17
If it's the same person who took both your names that's a pretty clear form of griefing.

In my case I had two Solitaires of my own, and someone else had a third. To save hassle I just changed my char names, but if someone had just created a char to spite me I'd be helluva pissed off.

Glad to see KK are doing something about it. :)

Clownst0pper
30-09-04, 20:22
If it's the same person who took both your names that's a pretty clear form of griefing.

In my case I had two Solitaires of my own, and someone else had a third. To save hassle I just changed my char names, but if someone had just created a char to spite me I'd be helluva pissed off.

Glad to see KK are doing something about it. :)

Gotterdamerung (spelling:S) said he would look into it.

I'm bringing the name issues up for discussion now so I'll let you know what anyone has to say. I don't see how long time players can not be acomodated as if you've clearly had the name for years it should rightfully be yours instead of on some noob 0/2 character.

If someone created that new character with your old name to do malicious harm to you (as you feel) remains to be seen (and is also against the game rules) but never the less if you've had it so long I think they should make the effort to allow you to retain it.

If it is a case of another long time runner having the same name but from another server then a compromise will need to be worked out, but I don't think a noob should be running around with the same name you've had for 2 years.

<3 TBH

LiL T
30-09-04, 20:27
Yes and I want to see these morons banned I hate them KK chop chop find these arseholes

jini
30-09-04, 20:28

Poor you.. *laughs*

Nice arguments.... and the lauph in the end...
I wanted to know how would YOU would have reacted if something like that happened to you...

GIJ0e
30-09-04, 20:33
I wanted to know how would YOU would have reacted if something like that happened to you...

i would pick another name, my self esteem is not based on what i am called in an imaginary world.

someone nicked your name, dont give them the satisfaction (if they did it on purpose) of getting pissed off with it, just change it, ok you may lose rep etc whatever, but so what? have fun earning it again
:confused:

MrChumble
30-09-04, 20:36
i would pick another name, my self esteem is not based on what i am called in an imaginary world.

someone nicked your name, dont give them the satisfaction (if they did it on purpose) of getting pissed off with it, just change it, ok you may lose rep etc whatever, but so what? have fun earning it again
It's nothing to do with self esteem for most people. Having to start every conversation with "hi I'm blah" is just annoying, while in the meantime some twit can be ruining your reputation. Also there's some emotional attachment to names...I'm really fond of Rosy Eastmoor, we've been through a lot together :)

Clownst0pper
30-09-04, 20:38

When youve had a single name for 3 years, and people know you by that name, youd expect it to stay like that.

And the same applies, people will still call me koro, and by habit direct the "new" koro, even though its not him.

ive worked hard for my reputation whether people view me as good/bad/a cock I dont give a shit, thats my reputation, not someone elses.

GIJ0e
30-09-04, 20:39
yeah i suppose, i was just trying to illustrate that the only drawback is telling peeps your name again, but i'm sure most of you know whos on your buddy list anyway.....

i havent managed to log in yet (fucking click2embaressKK) but if my name is taken i wont lose any sleep over it

look at it this way it could have its advantages if you are role playing a trader thief =)

Clownst0pper
30-09-04, 20:41
yeah i suppose, i was just trying to illustrate that the only drawback is telling peeps your name again, but i'm sure most of you know whos on your buddy list anyway.....

i havent managed to log in yet (fucking click2embaressKK) but if my name is taken i wont lose any sleep over it

look at it this way it could have its advantages if you are role playing a trader thief =)

Of course it could, but ive got serious attachments to my name and reputation, I dont want others to be "me"

I am Koro, Kaolin, Kreole, Isa, there is only one of me, there is only one person who pisses people off like me, there is only one person who duels like me, I am the 4 above names, I play each one differently, but to change my names would be so painfull.

Besides the fact it would take me days to think of names I liked again :(

MrChumble
30-09-04, 20:43
Besides the fact it would take me days to think of names I liked again :(
Pugh Pugh Barney McGrew Cuthbert Dibble Grub!

Sorted!

(if you don't know, don't ask, google if you really care)

jini
30-09-04, 20:47

Has nothing to do with self esteem.
Imagine if you were in the real world and someone stole the name of your business foundation. You will most likely end in the courthouse defending your property. Simple.

Endar
30-09-04, 21:11
God damn. I never thought of this...

Now, I hope no one has stolen my name. I have been using this name for god knows how long. I actually made it for Pen and Paper CyberPunk roleplaying game, after that I have been using the name in every game I have played...

I cant imagine what I would do if someone would steal my name. I mean, its my roleplaying character. He has done so many things, been in so many places and fought so many battles that I dont even remember all of them. Stealing this name would be like killing him...

I really hope that if someone has stolen my name the Game Masters will delete the char from the player who did steal it, and give him big one month ban.

Its not about thinking new name, I can make one, its about what the name MEANS. Its a name of something I have created. Its so much more than just a name...

-FN-
30-09-04, 21:15
"Dome of York...will be available in Q1/2003 and it will be available as a FREE download"
"CombatMechs are still a little down the road, but we'll get there after the first months of the storyline"
"The next 7 Epic runs will follow during November" (2002)
"If you've multiple accounts, then you will only need to pay once for NC:BDOY and not multiple times"
"there definitely won't be a char wipe"

Birkoff, I love your sig. Absolutely love it. I can't wait for someone to steal my name - They can have it. I'm not paying for a Beta worse than the first Beta in 2002. They would've been better off attempting to improve the quality of the product with a later release date then way less than half-assing the release like this.

Revslad
01-10-04, 00:10
lol wtf sumone has my name allready, im not happy about this , its how everyone knows me and sumones stolen it, its not a comon name ffs :mad: :mad:

Akasha
01-10-04, 00:16
Well i hope they do look into it but from the reply i got

Sorry but only clan names are protected for the transfer to NC2.

it doesnt look like it :(

~A~

Birkoff
01-10-04, 00:34

Dude i had to change my name b/c of KK new fucking retarded filter bollox.
I'm in the same position he is and im glad clownstopper did as the guys a moron.

Birkoff, I love your sig. Absolutely love it. I can't wait for someone to steal my name - They can have it. I'm not paying for a Beta worse than the first Beta in 2002. They would've been better off attempting to improve the quality of the product with a later release date then way less than half-assing the release like this.

haha, don't give me credit for the signature it wasn't me that made it but its so fucking kewl i PMed them asking to use it :P

I totally agree i wouldn't of cared if it was released at Xmas if they had fixed a few of the bugs we learnt to hade in early retail (i didnt play beta)

Judge
01-10-04, 00:44
lol wtf sumone has my name allready, im not happy about this , its how everyone knows me and sumones stolen it, its not a comon name ffs :mad: :mad:

1) That sucks dude, revslad's not a common name, nor is speed 12, so it sounds like someone taking it just to spite you...

However.

2) I thought you were quitting? O_o

Heavyporker
01-10-04, 00:50
Well, two or three things...

- I hope nobody tries to steal my name(s)

- Let them try, I've got proof of my name in Neocron, trust me.. fucking scads. Plus I've emailed helpdesk, GMs, etc in the past with my email address, so that's even more proof.

- I hope KK "pauses" my playtime that I paid for but am not using now because NC is unusable now.

GosuSmurf
01-10-04, 00:51
i still got my names! happy happy happy happy! :D

Revslad
01-10-04, 01:00
i was quitting , but clan can be very convincing its like trying to leave aol on cm ts :D

Revslad
01-10-04, 01:01
also revslads a psi monk on terra with no faction no clan nothing... :mad: :mad:

EDIT: speed 12 was not viable from the name filter but i managed to nab Speed which im happy about

Judge
01-10-04, 01:03
What clan you in now btw dude?

Revslad
01-10-04, 01:04
The Phoenix Mercs with biccy and dilly and stuff :D

Judge
01-10-04, 01:07
Ah... so changed over from maladictius assault, or whatever. lol... I remember getting a little pissed over your clan camping genreps a few months ago.... :p

Brammers
01-10-04, 01:08
I got one of my clan members to book one of my character names, while the Click2Pay crap is being sorted out.

Dont Mess
01-10-04, 01:09
birkoff stfu some of us cant get on nc yet coz click2play = rubbish

ive had my apu Willy stolen

and my rifle spy MINIMESS stolen

i find it ammusing, it's just noobs that are jelious of u and wanna annoy u

Revslad
01-10-04, 01:12
dont worry dilly, those who stole the names wont get away with it and we will get our names back :o

Dont Mess
01-10-04, 01:14
dont REALLY piss me off 2 much coz i can change em, it's just if they took the names i care about really.

i was in malefic lol, wats yr chars name on sat judge

Judge
01-10-04, 01:15
I'm Drikie... I was also with you in New Dawn... all those months ago.

Onoz... he's going to steal my name now. :o

MkVenner
01-10-04, 01:25
well i think ima be ok, all my names are pretty obscure, like my tank is named after a background charcter in Underworld, and no one really connects my chars to me that much...cept for MkVenner and MkV i doubt any one knows my alts names...

Dont Mess
01-10-04, 01:29
I'm Drikie... I was also with you in New Dawn... all those months ago.

Onoz... he's going to steal my name now. :o

aww drikie...cute lol

boombang
01-10-04, 01:33
i'm still downloading - will be VERY pissed off if my char names get taken!

everyone on Saturn who knows me, will know me by my tanks name - am not posting here as I know someone will take it for a laugh :rolleyes:

Judge
01-10-04, 01:33
aww drikie...cute lol

How dare you sir!

*bitch slaps DM*

Jesterthegreat
01-10-04, 03:04
i'm still downloading - will be VERY pissed off if my char names get taken!

everyone on Saturn who knows me, will know me by my tanks name - am not posting here as I know someone will take it for a laugh :rolleyes:

ditto... anyone who knows me kill my chars on sight... im not ingame yet so if anyone has my names they arent me :D

Glok
01-10-04, 03:15
All my chars are unknown nubs. I retired the only char that made any impact.

KRIMINAL99
01-10-04, 04:08
The name filter stole all my characters names... :(

Somehow "Everyone must die" doesn't seem to have the same effect as
"eVeRyOnE mUsT dIe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Its like politely asking people to be startled...

Spermy
01-10-04, 10:17
Heh - this time - Intend not to mention any of my character names - Sick of mofos stealing them. Bleh, had a DM from a guy who stoleded my nameses in beta - So being a bit more wary of who I piss of now - as some people it seems are just childish and vindictive.

SandViper
01-10-04, 10:28
I had a name for my tradeskiller on pluto... that name has been taken will miss that name but not much can do about it... so i just pick another one...
The name i took now was actually 3rd try.

Last days on nc1 i looked on citycom's searching for names to see what was taken and what was not.

So quess citycom never really worked in nc1 for searching...

Now only 7 more chars to go for names.

djskum
01-10-04, 10:40
Just post a list of names that were stolen and we'll KOS the fuckers back to the stone age.

Here is my addition to the list:

Bullet Sponge, kill without mercy ;-)

DJSKum

darkservent
01-10-04, 10:45
birkoff stfu some of us cant get on nc yet coz click2play = rubbish

ive had my apu Willy stolen

and my rifle spy MINIMESS stolen

i find it ammusing, it's just noobs that are jelious of u and wanna annoy u

Well I would prefer to keep those names it is my account after all. Yea and it is true ppl are jealous of the char names reputation. There just kids after all what can I do but to flame teh forums abt it.

tiikeri
01-10-04, 10:48
It's not difficult to know who are the asswipes behind all this shit..
And i bet everyone has a small hunch..

I hope i didn't steal anyones nick - if did, didn't mean to, but ur not getting it back :)

Vampire222
01-10-04, 11:11
it's funny how people waste precious character slots for stolen name characters....

SilKK
01-10-04, 11:20
my Ding Dong name was stolen

how i go about getting it back?

Revslad
01-10-04, 11:57
no reply from helpdesk yet, i sugest the person who has my char name as a "mule" for faction sympathy delete it cause gms comin fo yo ass biatch :D

Shinto
01-10-04, 12:03
well i doubt a gm can do much other than get them to rename it, they aint gonna ban someone just for stealing a name since theres no real proof that it was done out of the want to grief.

and tbh if KK started banning people for name stealing it would just be lame

Spermy
01-10-04, 12:13
I'm against banning just for being an irritating bugger - cos then everyone who killed someone ingame would be banned! :p

But if they have that name and purposely did it - a forced rename is in order.

Would be hard to prove owt tho at this point. :(

amfest
01-10-04, 12:36
makes me wonder if it's the same people who are doing it. They could always make a 0/2 n00b .wait for the complaint on the forum and then delete and try and steal someone else's name-_-;;

nah .. wouldn't happen ... no one is that lifeless . . .

err n/m

I'm also against banning . . . would suck if it's a semi common name and some actual new player got in with it and then was banned just because someone they never knew played nc1 which they never heard of. It could happen . .

ArgieD
01-10-04, 12:55
Throughout the months I've played this game, I have encountered lots of bugs, technical problems, shitty attitude by individuals and I coped. I still downloaded the game and will try to go through upgrading form NC1 to NC2 (stuck in between thx to C2P; will be sorted out soon I guess).

Though, one think that would really upset me is deliberate, or not, impersonation. SDon't you think KK should have added the names of NC1 users since the 5th September backup to their database so it would prevent somebody trying to register with them? This doesn't require some special code. Even I could do this with my limited knowledge....

The grey area could be in merging runners from different servers, but to be perfectly honest, entirely new accounts should not have the priviledge taking over somebody's 3 years of effort and social networking. For the first time I thought I'd quit; it won't happen as I love the game, but it is is unbearable that anybody can take the credit of your efforts, simply because you didn't manage to register before them (some of us work for a living in the morning / afternoon while experience problems with C2P in the evening).

cornelius5
01-10-04, 16:46
**attention neocron citizens**
"the runner you all know and loath as zatoichi has been replaced by a heartless android , please help city admin exterminate this vermin immediatly"

argh, they got me also . when i jump on and see a capped runner...imma have an old school ress battle. ohh the ress substance is SO gonna hit the fan

Shinto
01-10-04, 16:49
**attention neocron citizens**
"the runner you all know and loath as zatoichi has been replaced by a heartless android , please help city admin exterminate this vermin immediatly"

argh, they got me also . when i jump on and see a capped runner...imma have an old school ress battle. ohh the ress substance is SO gonna hit the fan
tbh your name isnt proberbly stole because of evil dudes wanting to piss you off, your name is a good name for a melee tank, i had amelee tank long time ago with that name(it wasnt me that stole it btw :p )anyone who has watched beat takashi's recent film would go " i know im gonna call my tank zatoichi"

[TgR]KILLER
01-10-04, 16:56
if i ever get ingame i gonna have 4 new names anyway.. the names i made up for doy aint gonna work with the rubbish filter thats in now lol so gonna end up with 4 slightly changed names from my beta names.. a well.

cornelius5
01-10-04, 17:09
tbh your name isnt proberbly stole because of evil dudes wanting to piss you off, your name is a good name for a melee tank, i had amelee tank long time ago with that name(it wasnt me that stole it btw :p )anyone who has watched beat takashi's recent film would go " i know im gonna call my tank zatoichi"

BUT ! i had the name before that sequel with bad cg came out!
and really now zatoichi is a blind old man, tanks are beasts.

but seriously , i would understand if its a lvl /2 noob, but i get this strange feeling that it is one of 2 people that transfered a capped char...only time will tell

El_MUERkO
01-10-04, 17:16
If its proven that someone robbed another users name with naughty intentions then KK should give the poor soul his name back and give the bad person a name they'll hate like "I play with Barbies" or "Peter Andre roolz"

-Demon-
01-10-04, 18:15
Ok I know it must suck, but as others have said how do you decide who keeps a name from the 3 english servers?

You can't so deal with it really...I'm happy with my Chars so far need a few more transfers but still ok so far.

L u C i D
02-10-04, 03:28
So who took my name? please return it :\

I think lucid dream took it to make me mad, but can't proove anything more then that i've had the name LuCiD in neocron for the better part of 2 years, and in beta 4. whoever took it, give it back :(

Tupac
02-10-04, 04:36
get a grip u fiends!! dont steal peoples names ffs. Live ur own NC life, not others u sad bastards

___T-X____
02-10-04, 09:14
I think its annoying but it isnt the end of the world, get over it.

Darkana
02-10-04, 09:52
The "funny" thing about this is, when the vets pick new names because their old ones are taken, the offenders don't know anymore who their enemies are (I suppose the name-stealers do it because they just can't stand the others for whatever reason). So this nametheft is not only annoying and childish, but stupid in the same turn. Naturally there are always cases where this "theft" happens by accident, without the intention to piss someone else off.

Anyway, it's good to see KK is on this, and I hope you guys get your names back!

L u C i D
02-10-04, 13:26
i wouldn't mind my name being stolen if it wasn't such a odd name, and people call me LuCiD in real life, its been my DJ name for 6 years! Is there a official statement from KK on this? please link to it.

Rade
02-10-04, 13:45
i wouldn't mind my name being stolen if it wasn't such a odd name, and people call me LuCiD in real life, its been my DJ name for 6 years! Is there a official statement from KK on this? please link to it.

Neither lucid nor lucid dream is that original tho, its bound to happen sooner
or later. Anyways I still feel your pain.

Revslad
02-10-04, 13:47
well we allready know the guy who took koro's names and its probably one of the other guys from zoneseek.ca who took mine and dillys and others

its really pissing me off cause thats how everyone knows me ingame.

emailed abuse and told there not interested in my name bein stolen :mad:

IceStorm
02-10-04, 14:03
I lucked out and got my name. Had to lose the Roman numerals, though. While the filter allows CAPS, it can tell if you put three i's in a row. :-(

trigger hurt
02-10-04, 15:55
bah

not worth it.

L u C i D
02-10-04, 23:54
yeah, i guess its bound to happen but KK robbed vets of everything else they could at least fix this one thing, i mean they wasted their time with a name filter that only half works, and didn't even bother to do a database filter for names that have been registered with nc1, hell that would have been easy to do anyway.

Oh well, who ever took it should do their best not to log onto terra with it. because The DarK Light will be ready to kill you regaurdless of faction.

not that anyone cares, but these are screen shots from pluto, uranus, and saturn from NC1. I registered these LuCiD accounts at the beginning of NC1 retail ages ago.

jiga
03-10-04, 01:33

You prolly would care but your not gonna make a thread about it if it happens now after that post

Gunner_turret
03-10-04, 19:57
Theres only one person who wanted my name,
I hope it aint gone (still trying to get though c2p)
If it is, and KK dont fix it,
Im gonna make sure his computer doesnt work via email

Dont Mess
03-10-04, 20:19
well i just went 2 activate my tank Dont Mess...and nop its not working. I already cahnged my apus name, i dont intend to chage this one now

DigestiveBiscui
03-10-04, 22:50
well i just went 2 activate my tank Dont Mess...and nop its not working. I already cahnged my apus name, i dont intend to chage this one now

and tbh KK, who else should have don't mess? seeing as this guy has been registered on YOUR forums with THAT name for FUCKING AGES, and played NC1 since the start

bollocks do you have to proove anything about greifing - its there fucking names

tiikeri
03-10-04, 22:54
GG...... </sarcasm>

Dont Mess
04-10-04, 00:14
well put it this way, i did a little test on neocron 2day. i logged on and saw the name Dont Mess was taken but the name DontMess wasn't. now i said on trade that im naming it to DontMess, 10mins later the DontMess char name is already in use.

funny huh

tomparadox
05-10-04, 12:07
who do i report this to? one of my names was taken and id like it back ><

LiL T
05-10-04, 12:21
well put it this way, i did a little test on neocron 2day. i logged on and saw the name Dont Mess was taken but the name DontMess wasn't. now i said on trade that im naming it to DontMess, 10mins later the DontMess char name is already in use.

funny huh

KK need to do something about this O_o

Why are people so fucking evil >.<

bling
05-10-04, 12:28
Maybee thats the revenge of beeing a pk victim. My name got stolen too.

Weazle
05-10-04, 12:33
So who took my name? please return it :\

I think lucid dream took it to make me mad, but can't proove anything more then that i've had the name LuCiD in neocron for the better part of 2 years, and in beta 4. whoever took it, give it back :(

Get a grip you fool.

Lucid Dream has been playing on Pluto for years in Synergy XR .... You obviously did not play pluto very often otherwise you would know. Also if you checked his forum profile he's been registered since December 2002. Anyways I think he might have quit so shut up ... If you're name is LUCID then its different to Lucid Dream ..... jesus h. christ some people are muppets :rolleyes:

Why not try "DJ Lucid" or "Lucid DJ" or combinations like that to be more unique. ;)

greendonkeyuk
05-10-04, 14:00
tbh it was bound to happen at some point. theres always gonna be fags that take your names in this game, either to try to impersonate you or to piss you off. i think its lame big time, id be really annoyed if someone took my name and so i can appreciate how you guys who have had this done to you feel. i notice its a bannable offence to impersonate a kk official, its also considered griefing to copy someone elses name for the purposes of defamation in nc1 (or it was) as i remember a friend had it done to him and he complained and the char got deleted. How is it any different in nc2? I mean some people have played these chars for 2+ years now as the same person, some have even roleplayed.... yeah i know, i couldnt believe it either but its true apparently. Therefore people will know them by those names and by their personalities, for someone else to come along and take that is imo sick and twisted and basically lame. It jus looks like one more reason not to play any more tbh. i would personally never quit a game over something like this but add it to all the other issues here atm and it adds weight for sure.

-Demon-
05-10-04, 14:06
In Lucids case as above I think theres no doubt that names were taken.

However unless others have proof likewise then I don't see how or why KK should give your name back.

As persons on other servers could have used your names as well, so who is right? First come First served.

Weazle
05-10-04, 14:34
In Lucids case as above I think theres no doubt that names were taken.

However unless others have proof likewise then I don't see how or why KK should give your name back.

As persons on other servers could have used your names as well, so who is right? First come First served.

It probably was someone but it was not by Lucid Dream ..... its wild accusations without proof that really annoys people who have legitimate names. :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
05-10-04, 16:23
tbh when i upgrade i may completely rename my chars anyway... saves disappoitment :p