PDA

View Full Version : Cant log In - No Login Screen

renzor
30-09-04, 18:02
Guys has anyone bene experiencing a problem running NC2?

I have just finished patching to 105, I run teh launcher, get past the logo's and then nothing - no login screen at all... It was doing it with 104 also :/

Firewall is set to allow Client.exe (NC2 client) access to the net, - but still no joy...

anyone have any ideas?

System:
Windows XP Pro SP2
1024MB DDR400 RAM
3GHZ Intel P4 HT
Radeon 9700 Pro

Cheers

James
(PS. I apologise if this appeared twice on the forum)

Shinto
30-09-04, 19:14
just wondering, have you rebooted since you downloaded, i had same problem at first, i just rebooted comp and it was fine

Vithar
01-10-04, 00:33
I had something similar happen before, but it only happened when i had Anisotropic Filtering enabled on my FX5600.

I updated my video card drivers and this problem no longer exists for me.

Maybe yours is the same problem.

V

renzor
13-10-04, 19:25
Hi guys

Thanks for your replies... I lost this topic before so coudlnt reply lol...

I did reboot after installation and that didnt fix it - I just got fed up with it in the end and left it a few days... then it started working :/

Problem is, I have just patche dto 112 (I think?) - and its started doing it again - fubar'ed!

I have tried running it 3 times, and every time it has crashed - well stalled/crashed. I cant alt tab or CLT-F4 to close the program... CTRL ALT + DEL doesnt allow me to clos ethe process either, as the game window is at the font and wont budge - grr!!

James

aelfkins
13-10-04, 19:33
After each patch I need to reinable neocron on my firewall. Cause it sees the updated software as a slightly different program.

:)

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 19:44
Hi guys

Thanks for your replies... I lost this topic before so coudlnt reply lol...

I did reboot after installation and that didnt fix it - I just got fed up with it in the end and left it a few days... then it started working :/

Problem is, I have just patche dto 112 (I think?) - and its started doing it again - fubar'ed!

I have tried running it 3 times, and every time it has crashed - well stalled/crashed. I cant alt tab or CLT-F4 to close the program... CTRL ALT + DEL doesnt allow me to clos ethe process either, as the game window is at the font and wont budge - grr!!

James

ctrl+e is the shortvut to end task, sop maybe after ctrl+alt+del you can use that to close NC

other than that i dunno (and nid will shoot you for posting on such an old thread :p)

Endar
13-10-04, 20:23
Service Pack 2? Are you mad?

Well anyway, get used to having problems with nearly every game and some software with that "update"...

naimex
13-10-04, 20:25

Well anyway, get used to having problems with nearly every game and some software with that "update"...

I havent had any problems with games or programs after i went to Service Pack 2.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 23:20
I havent had any problems with games or programs after i went to Service Pack 2.

ditto. seems fine to me

athon
14-10-04, 12:49

I'm not the most pro-M$ of people, but people who blindly make stupid comments like this just get on my nerves.

I have not had any problems with SP2 (tho admittedly I disabled the firewall and security center straight after installing - I have a hardware firewall protecting my LAN), and have not heard of anyone else having major problems either.

Most of the problems I have heard of spurned from the increased security, with programs assuming ports would be open all the time when that is no longer true (OH NOZ! The increased security is working as it should!). IMO SP2 was a huge step in the right direction for M$ and security.

Athon Solo

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 17:03
I have not had any problems with SP2 (tho admittedly I disabled the firewall and security center straight after installing - I have a hardware firewall protecting my LAN), and have not heard of anyone else having major problems either.

ditto