PDA

View Full Version : Canadians, Credit Cards and Click2Pay

Guardian Angel
30-09-04, 17:43
Hello!!

After I spent quite a bit of time upgrading my account and also trying to upgrade my girlfriends account, this is what we found out so far through emailing and extensive phonecalls:

Click2Pay apparently has problems with certain Canadian Credit Cards, especially those of the Royal Bank.
"CC can not be validated"
They are working on a solution. Of course they are sorry and apologize for the inconvenience (what else can they say...).

They are not accepting Debit Cards nor do they plan to do so for Canada.

At least I had the luck to still have my German Credit Card that worked properly after filling in the forms properly which I find being not too easy. :wtf:

To those Canadian people that finally managed to get a Click2Pay Account: You will probably get an email saying that they called you to confirm your identity. But they haven't called you nor will they do. They set up this automated email to organize their stuff only.

The guy on the phone was very nice and is probably dead by now (sounded like he was going to have a heart attack soon) ;)

I hope the information was helpful eventho it's probably not pleasing you.

Regards,
Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel
30-09-04, 19:04
... as stated in other posts it seems that some Canadian banks are not working with Click2Pay because Click2Pay also handles some gambling websites and those banks don't want to be involved in gambling. I personally don't see a point in that, since people can waste their money in much worse way.

Anybody got solid information about that?

NS_CHROME54
30-09-04, 20:42
sup ga, hope you brought my herc over ;)

NO CANADIAN DEBIT?? what the hell? canadians use debit more than anything else for ANYTHING! i haven't even cancelled my nc1 yet, and i'm starting to hate c2p more and more.

Any idea if CIBC (canadian imperial bank of commerce, for the non-canadians reading this) allows their visa cards to be used?

Guardian Angel
01-10-04, 02:11
I have no clue really. But it seems to be common policy that Canadian banks just don't want to get involved with gambling of any kind... stupid if you ask me since they could make lots of money with credit cards that way.

And yes. I brought your herc over. You owe me one ;)

edit: spelling

Ghanima
01-10-04, 02:25
Well I haven't tried to set up an account yet but I'm about to try and my Visa is with CIBC. If it works out I'll let you know. Wish me luck.

Ghanima :angel:

Guardian Angel
01-10-04, 02:28
Good luck :)

I really hope its not all banks. That really would exclude pretty much all Canadians from the game since there is no debit card option !?!

Ghanima
01-10-04, 03:03
Well your luck must have worked becuase my account was accepted no problems.

Here is the information on how I set up the trouble areas other people have been having, namely the CC number and phone number.

Phone# entered as follows...

+1 (with the plus sign in the first place holder) XXX (area code in the second space holder) YYYZZZZ (seven digit phone number in the third place holder)

CC# entered as follows...

AAAABBBBCCCCDDDD (all sixteen digits without a space)

### (three digit number on the signature strip on the back of the CC in the spot below the CC entry box)

I hope this helps.

NS_CHROME54
01-10-04, 03:09
yay cibc works :D

Guardian Angel
01-10-04, 03:19
Congrats!! See you ingame soon then :)

Jesterthegreat
01-10-04, 05:37
Well your luck must have worked becuase my account was accepted no problems.

Here is the information on how I set up the trouble areas other people have been having, namely the CC number and phone number.

Phone# entered as follows...

+1 (with the plus sign in the first place holder) XXX (area code in the second space holder) YYYZZZZ (seven digit phone number in the third place holder)

CC# entered as follows...

AAAABBBBCCCCDDDD (all sixteen digits without a space)

### (three digit number on the signature strip on the back of the CC in the spot below the CC entry box)

I hope this helps.

isnt that how everyone enters CC details for everything?

Cor
01-10-04, 20:32
Glad to see some Canadians getting it. I am on day 3 no game play yet, c2p does not eccept my MC. It's to bad about Debit. I am a member of the Royal Bank, not the CIBC and I do not have a Visa anymore and I am not going to switch my financial business over just to play a game. Going to hold on until next Friday, to see what happens I'm hoping things will be fixed, I trust that KK will fix this. :(

Ghanima
01-10-04, 20:36
Have you tried calling C2P on there toll free number to see what the problem is? They've actually been pretty helpful to me when I had to talk to them.

Cor
01-10-04, 20:41
Yah, I've had no problem them on the phone, they have all been nice to talk to.

Guardian Angel
01-10-04, 20:44
The problem is that certain Canadian banks just not support companies that are related to gambling. Royal Bank above all of them.
Maybe it helps if you call your bank and get a clearance for Click2Pay... after all its your money.

NS_CHROME54
01-10-04, 21:06
yeah my ISP seems to be reminiscent of Royal Bank... that's why i'm changing soon. they seem to have a vendetta againts online gaming (i can ONLY play neocron + tribes 1 & 2, everything else drops out within 30 seconds) and p2p programs (they've managed to block progs like bittorrent and kazaa at the server, no matter which port i use). bastards. so yeah gonna go to adsl soon, they don't pull any of that bullshit apparently.