PDA

View Full Version : Nicktheft

rob444
30-09-04, 16:34
Is Reakktor going to do something about nick theft? I recall reakktor mentioned working on this?

I ask because a friend of mine got his nick stolen, the nick itself is very rare and no one would ever use it except his enemies of course, I've also seen others having their nicks stolen as well.

So.

?

:confused:

Shinto
30-09-04, 16:35
last i heard they wernt doing individual names, only if clan names were stolen.

amfest
30-09-04, 16:37
yea tha'ts what I read also .. clan names ..

though I'm nt sure on the nick front .. but maybe there was a mention of working on em case by case .. so I'd suggest doing the helpdesk route currently though I'm sure that wont' get results very soon ;)

hudsonbeck
30-09-04, 16:40
wouldnt hurt to email helpdesk and ask... not sure if they have the time, but it cant hurt.

I am sure if it is a blatent, they will probably do something.

People need to remember though... there are multiple servers combining into one or two... I am sure a lot of 'common' names will be 'stolen'

I am in the US and was still able to get in right-away. I am very glad because when i played Beta, a couple of my names were taken that i have had for 2 years... the fact that i got into NC2 immediately ensured that i got to keep all my names :)

I feel for those of you that have had 'unique' names stolen by some asshole 13year olds... some people just need to grow the fuck up.

Hudson

rob444
30-09-04, 16:42
Isn't it just wonderful how some people always do everything to fuck up the game for Reakktor? and the funniest part is they always do it. They deserve to be pushed down from the top of mount everest without clothes.

jernau
30-09-04, 16:46
Isn't it just wonderful how some people always do everything to fuck up the game for Reakktor? and the funniest part is they always do it. They deserve to be pushed down from the top of mount everest without clothes.
I'm not sure which is worse - the idiots or the fact KK make it so easy for them.

LiL T
30-09-04, 16:58
Send a list of those names to the CM tbh these people should be pked forever I knew this would happen to people cos we got a small group of players that thinks it funny. I'm thankfull it did not happen to me but if it did god help them cos I would rather be banned for grief killing than seeing someone with my name I have used for over 1 year and a half almost

HoneyMonster
30-09-04, 17:11
Send a list of those names to the CM tbh these people should be pked forever I knew this would happen to people cos we got a small group of players that thinks it funny. I'm thankfull it did not happen to me but if it did god help them cos I would rather be banned for grief killing than seeing someone with my name I have used for over 1 year and a half almost
I feel your pain but as said before very few name Thefts will be malicious. most of the conflicts will be very common names that a few people have had on different servers for years (its kinda harsh killing someone for dling nc2 faster than you ;)) its first some first serve unfortunately. but that’s how we got our names in the first place i guess :/