PDA

View Full Version : What a load of b****x

TheonlyoneIknow
30-09-04, 14:29
I've just spent the last 22 hours downloading the client from justgamers and once complete it starts to "copy" the file. It said 17 minutes initially in the little popup window so I just let it carry on and continued reading the forum.

Now it's locked up my pc, I've had to reboot and there is now 22 hours and 1.57GB worth of SHIT sitting in my documents folder which I can do f*** all with. I've tried opening it with WinZip32 but it's telling me that it's empty or part of a multi file zip and can't help me any further.

Oh! FFS! This is CRAP beyond belief. I knew this was all going TOO easily. Please someone, tell me how I can resurrect this pile of shite or why I should endeavour to continue at all! :mad:

TooIk

SonGoku
30-09-04, 14:31
I don't know, but maybe there is a chance that the file is inside your windows temp dir (But probably not under the same name you originaly downloaded it)

Vampire222
30-09-04, 14:33
Maybee your virusscanner or some other program fucks things up, move the files to a dir like C:\nc2setup and make a new admin account (if you have 2000/xp) log onto that and try again... that should do the trick

TheonlyoneIknow
30-09-04, 14:39
Looked in Windows temp folder. Not in there. Just that 1.57GB file in my documents folder.

I don't have AV or firewall, (except XP one), running. XP Pro, service pack 1 still operating, (SP2 fooked up and had to uninstall several weeks ago :rolleyes:)

New admin account? New windows user you mean Vamp?

Agent FunHead
30-09-04, 14:39
delete the file, sounds like internet explorer messed up the download like it loves to do with files from time to time.

Best downloading the Torrent, it may not give you your connections fastest speed all the time but at least it constantly file checks whats been downloaded to stop corruption and you can pause it and resume so if your PC locked up again you could start up where it left off.

Glok
30-09-04, 14:45
I'm getting 95kB/s down on my torrent atm. I would have it done already but I forgot to leave it up last night. Many thanks to the 28 seeders. :D

TheonlyoneIknow
30-09-04, 14:53
The new user account never worked, so I guess I'll have to use the BT method. Oh! joy. One less day out of the 103 already paid for I have to use up. :(

TooIk

Xylaz
30-09-04, 15:04
so, KK, of course you dont think how much you discredit yourself by setting the 1.6 Gb client on the torrent? Or putting it on a friend's and player's mirrors who cannot handle more than 50 users without locking and resetting ?
And of course the inability to buy the boxed version of a game doesnt bother you at all?

You just cant stop to amaze me...

I have a T1 line in work, all for my use, i've been trying for 8 hours to download this shit from all available sources and ended with few unfinished clients (with like about 30-45% completed on each download) and a very bad mood. But hey, it's all tip top for you, nothing to worry about, right?

cMz
30-09-04, 15:09
Try the pvp.se link. I downloaded from that site with no problem.

Mole2
30-09-04, 15:19
I used the pvp.se link overnight with no problems at all :)

Xylaz
30-09-04, 15:20
pvp.se was broken for me all the time...

TheonlyoneIknow
30-09-04, 15:22
OK! I've dowloaded the GetRight BT, jumped to PVP.SE, opened the 1.6GB client zip and am now getting over 90kbs with an estimated 5 1/2 hours remaining. :D

I'm assuming that with this one, large file, I don't need the other setup files they are listing?

The previous zip from Justgamers took over 22 hours at 20kbs and f00ked up at the end. O_o

If this works out this time, I'll be a lot happier than I am right now, I can tell you. :)

TooIk

PS I'd rather everyone didn't all jump on PVP.SE now and screw my d/l up. If you could all just wait for 6 hours, I'd be much obliged :p. j/k, of course.

Xylaz
30-09-04, 15:29
PS I'd rather everyone didn't all jump on PVP.SE now and screw my d/l up. If you could all just wait for 6 hours, I'd be much obliged :p. j/k, of course.
sorry, you got 2 hours :p i'm going home for a dinner and then i'm going to go back to work for the last time and try to download this shit. One last chance for KK to get my money.

amfest
30-09-04, 15:37
Let this be a lesson though. Don't download very large files with the regular save method. Always try and find a way to run it through a download manager. But then again if somehow the data was really there but maybe corrupt you might of been able to get someone to make some par2 files with QuickPar to check it over and see if it could salvage the file and fix it. Either way too late now ;)