PDA

View Full Version : Tradeskill lvling up

awkward silence
30-09-04, 08:22
iTheres simply no way to lvl a tradeskilling spy ie. with repair KK plz change this. [ edited ]

ArgieD
04-10-04, 10:23
He's a bit right....

Xeno LARD
04-10-04, 10:43
//koth

hardly KK's fault guys if a certain *thing* hadnt happened using repair then it wouldnt be gimped.

sorry but we only have the community to blame for that one folks

whifix
04-10-04, 21:50
The big flaw is with remote repair. Normal repair takes a bit of time to do each repair. However remote repair can be done instantly and with no progress bar. So a person could sit there with one or more rhino repairing them instantly and getting a ton of XP. That is why the nerf comes into play. Hope this explains it.

awkward silence
05-10-04, 22:01
Yeah, but you dont get shit for exp with just repairing alone and thats shit.
You didnt get much exp from repairing even before the rhino incident.

My point is boost up tradeskilling exp to the same lvl as the exp from pvm.

nobby
06-10-04, 14:14
TRUE!
I ended up deleting my traadeskill char which got to DEX lvl 60 in about 3 weeks...i thought it was fun making the crap from scratch and i was hoping to make a repair/recycle/research/constructor all in one, deleted him because i got bored of the 20 exp i was getting in the end.... :(

Xeno LARD
07-10-04, 10:43
i was hoping to make a repair/recycle/research/constructor all in one
i wish you'd done that nobby ... he would have sucked and i could have laughed :D

The big flaw is with remote repair. Normal repair takes a bit of time to do each repair. However remote repair can be done instantly and with no progress bar.

You forgot to menion you could still "repair" the vehicle when it was at full condition, this was where the real part of the exploit was, tbh i dont blame KK for disabling remote repair, on the old NC1 server there were several capped INT and dex monks running around o_O

Bugs Gunny
07-10-04, 11:27
I was using remote repair on my driver/researcher, when i hunted in a rhino on two comps.

Let me tell you... all that crap about people getting 100 int by doing remote repair... BULLSHIT !!!!

At nat dex level 74 and repair level 130 i was getting 16k every two clicks.
It went up slower as i got higher dex.
So please calculate how long it would take for one to cap int on it, and how much nanites you would spend.

I can imagine people capping dex on a monk, but no way has someone capped int or spy dex with it.

I'm all for bringing the exp back, but just make it so you can't repair a 100% vehicle.

Endar
01-11-04, 20:43
I think there is. Try leveling up INT to about 40-50 with researching and constructing. Heres a simple list where to put your points to:

Researching 50-60
Constructing 100
Bartering 20-50

With those you are able to construct low level items and sell em to shops and gain some profit from it.

When you are at about 50 INT LoM to pure constructor and start doing construction missions. I dont know if this works but I chatted with some guy who said he has 60+ INT and has only been doing those missions.

I know its possible to do only construction missions and you will prolly get more profit from it + you will you get experience to all the other skills too, but I think thats boring.

Now remember that I have not tested that so if you destroy your character, dont blame me.

Koth
02-11-04, 13:25
alternatively - get yourself some drones ... get 100% int gain put about 40 points in willpower base the rest in the tradeskill stick in some droning imps and you'll be pwning