PDA

View Full Version : Sucessful Upgrade Thread

Carinth
30-09-04, 02:23
I figured it would be nice to start a new thread with info on how to sucessfuly navigate the stupid hurdles required to update to NC2. This is my situation. I live in the USA and own(ed) two NC1 accounts through WorldPay which I had no friggin idea what the login/pw were.

First Hurdle (Give WorldPay the Boot):
Simply canceling your account through the kk webpage does not do it. Or maybe it does, it would just take a day or so to process. Instead you need to manualy go to www.worldpay.com, login, and cancel the agreement with KK. It will then immediatly mail you saying it was canceled and you will be able to continue with making a new NC2 account.
Now if you're like me and had no idea what your World Pay login/pw is then you've got some work to do. If you're lucky and can dig up the old emails you got when you made your nc account, it should login/pw. If you're not so lucky, maybe you have an email from when you canceled/activated your account. If so then you'll see a Agreement ID, which you can use in combination with your email address to have WorldPay email you the login/pw. If you don't even have that, then I don't know what to say. You'll just have to wait until the cancelation processes, however long that will take.

Second Hurdle (Click2Pay registration hates Americans/Canadians):
Actualy it's the custom interface designed for KK that refuses to accept +1 as a valid country code for your telephone number. If you didn't know that's the country code for USA and Canada. The format is +1 AreaCode PhoneNumber.
So the solution is to cancel and go to www.click2pay.com, then register from there. Instead of kk's interface you'll be using the standard one, which does allow +1, it was even selected by default for me. The downside is you need to give your SSN number and they ask you a spooky trivia question to verify. For me they asked what state my ssn was registered in, for a friend they asked what car he owns... Way to go Big Brother!

Once you're done there, you get a confirmation email to verify your click2pay account. Activate that, and then you can return to Nc2 and create your account. Now you can simply enter your login/pw for Click2Pay and you're good to go. Once you setup your NC2 account you'll get an email with a randomly generated pw (just like in beta). I don't see an option to change pw either.. Then you can transfer chars and be on your way.

Last Hurdle (Phone Call): You're not quite done, because even though you jumped through 50 hoops to verify and re verify your Click2Pay account, they'll need one more. You should get a phone call not long after registering the account, maybe 10 or 20 minutes? She'll ask you a bunch of questions to once again verify you are who you say you are. She also asked me how many accounts I would be paying for to decide what max they'd set on my ability to spend per month. If you miss this phone call, they will email you telling you to call a number in Germany.. Nice long distance fee's involved I'm sure..

Now you're done! Holy shit was that not the most work you've ever done to just play a game? Now we get to sort our chars out and start the ever so fun mass bp/building sprees. Oh boy!

plague
30-09-04, 02:28
yea no sht m8..lol....i just went through 5 hours of hell with this sht but now finally all setup up and transfered, just waiting for clint to dl...it's seems no matter how bad kk scrue up is nc still keeps it players, lol ......good.

Glok
30-09-04, 02:32
That's great Car, and if the c2p website didn't tell me I don't live in the US when in fact I do, I might just cough up my SSN. As it is, I have to wait for the launcher version to be fixed.

IceStorm
30-09-04, 02:42
Way to go Big Brother!Click2Pay is used for Internet Gambling sites. I suspect there isn't a global network of Vitos to come around and break people's knees if they don't pay up at the end of the month, hence the access to your credit history...
If you miss this phone call, they will email you telling you to call a number in Germany.. Nice long distance fee's involved I'm sure..You can e-mail them and ask they call you. It took about an hour and a half from the time I mailed them (9am EST) to the time they called me back (10:30am EST). Avoids the long distance charges. Note that you HAVE to call from the number you registered (and vice versa). I tried to activate from work and was told I couldn't because I wasn't on my registered number.

Overnight support is handled by a USA helpdesk from the sounds of it (overnight relative to German time). The person I talked with sounded like he spoke english as a first language. My daytime conversation with C2P was considerably more difficult than my evening conversation as the person clearly didn't speak english as a first language.

Incidentally, neither of my MasterCards were accepted by Click2Pay, and they're not from small banks (Chase, CitiBank).

Odin
30-09-04, 02:45
The U.S. # thing and switch/solo has been brought to their attention and were hoping to get that rectified. I'll leave a note with the office about the calling bit cause I certainly don't like that part either.

Carinth
30-09-04, 03:16
Click2Pay is used for Internet Gambling sites. I suspect there isn't a global network of Vitos to come around and break people's knees if they don't pay up at the end of the month, hence the access to your credit history...

It was spooky because they give you a dropdown box of answers to pick from. So for my friend they knew exactly what car he has. Nowhere did they ask my permission to do any credit history checks or such...

Drake6k
30-09-04, 03:30
Thanks for giving me an idea of what is going on.

I dont think there is any way I'm going to go through that login process. Just no freaking way with the SSN and phonecalls... Please sort this out kk I really want my Neocron2. :(

BaDDaSS
30-09-04, 03:33
The U.S. # thing and switch/solo has been brought to their attention and were hoping to get that rectified. I'll leave a note with the office about the calling bit cause I certainly don't like that part either.

Thanks for the Info Odin :)

Hippieman
30-09-04, 03:41
Can anyone remember the reason WHY they switched to Click2Pay? I thought using WorldPay was just fine.

IceStorm
30-09-04, 04:33
So for my friend they knew exactly what car he has.I got bogus information in my "people I know" field, so they apparently don't know. They must have a heuristic that pulls stuff from various databases and looks for matches.
Nowhere did they ask my permission to do any credit history checks or such...It does say under Help that they do checks against your credit information:

"8. WHY WAS MY REGISTRATION REJECTED?

During your registration, CLICK2PAY validates all your personal entries and requests further information about your personal credit history from thirrd party agencies. In addition, CLICK2PAY uses a challenge & response model to instantly verify a consumer's identity and prevent fraud - especially identity theft - during the signup process.

This interactive system uses costumized questions designed to be answerable only by the registered customer.

Based on your answers to these questions and your credit history, our Risk Management System accepts or rejects your application. These credit history and identity checks are vital to protect our customers and our staff from risk resulting from payment and identity fraud."

But yeah, they don't state that in "5. HOW DO I REGISTER?"

Can anyone remember the reason WHY they switched to Click2Pay? I believe they said they had problems with WorldPay and that they weren't very secure.

Drake6k
30-09-04, 04:48
I dont have my over 2 year old worldpay information :rolleyes: So what does that mean? I'm not going to cancel my account yet, if I did I couldnt post in the forums anymore. Giving out my SSN is bullshit, does any other mmorpg or ordering site in the world require this much stuff? I'm already paying for neocron and a long time customer. Why cant the upgrade be easy??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Freaky Fryd
30-09-04, 04:56
My transfer/upgrade/switch went nice and smooth, thanks to a little info from Carinth!

The only problem I've encountered so far:
Connection rejected by Nethost : Character data was damaged.
Trying to retrieve last automatic backup. Please relog.

Anyone else encountered this?
Is there a quick fix to this or do I HAVE to contact helpdesk to get it fixed?

QuantumDelta
30-09-04, 05:04
Livin in the UK:

Visa DEBIT Card.
Mobile Phone.
Register through Click2pay.com.

I couldn't get it to validate my card through the neocron version, but if you sign up the normal way, it works much more reliably.

Also:

The website doesn't like firefox, it prefers IE5.5 or 6.

Registration worked fine after I dumped any signup links to NC.
Account registration at NC was done just by logging in once I'd made the C2P account.

Done, and done.

BunkerBoy
30-09-04, 05:09
thanks for your reply odin. nice to know that even KK doesnt like the sounds of this. =P